ADVERTISEMENT

Fox News' BS Machine

DaShuckster

Diamond Knight
Nov 30, 2003
Back in the day, Fox News was supposed to be the 'fair and balanced' version of the news we were told we weren't getting from the mainstream news sources. Anyone with a brain should assume there is some inherent biases at play from ANY news source. But Fox News under Rupert Murdock pushed the envelope to the point where there wasn't even the pretence of giving their viewers real news anymore.

News agencies rarely have to deal with defamation lawsuits because the First Amendment protects them. You've got an enornously high bar to cross if you as a person or you as a corporation feel you've been defamed by a news agency. So basically, a news agency has to have been proven in a court of law to have been devoid of any ethics to be successfully sued for defamation.

But rest assured, Dominion is going to win its lawsuit against Fox News to the tune of 1.6 Billion dollars. What does that tell you?

Back in the day, Fox News was supposed to be the 'fair and balanced' version of the news we were told we weren't getting from the mainstream news sources. Anyone with a brain should assume there is some inherent biases at play from ANY news source. But Fox News under Rupert Murdock pushed the envelope to the point where there wasn't even the pretence of giving their viewers real news anymore.

News agencies rarely have to deal with defamation lawsuits because the First Amendment protects them. You've got an enornously high bar to cross if you as a person or you as a corporation feel you've been defamed by a news agency. So basically, a news agency has to have been proven in a court of law to have been devoid of any ethics to be successfully sued for defamation.

But rest assured, Dominion is going to win its lawsuit against Fox News to the tune of 1.6 Billion dollars. What does that tell you?

In a normal world this would be the end of fox, but in a hyperpartisan climate I am sure viewers will stick with them and be ok being lied to, to own the libs.

In a normal world this would be the end of fox, but in a hyperpartisan climate I am sure viewers will stick with them and be ok being lied to, to own the libs.
I have no doubt you're right.

They'll say, "We're staying true to OUR SIDE by golly!" while their Fox News heroes -- like Hannity and Carlson -- continue to privately wink at each other while feeding their audience the same stupid bullsh*t.

All cable news is BS. Right and left. I no longer watch either, and life is all the better for it.
CNN: "We regret to inform you that we mistakenly reported 69.8% when in reality it was 69.9%"

Fox : "invading mexican Democrats overwhelming the southern border are pedophile sex machines that want to cannibalize your forced abortions , more at 11!"

goodknightfl: "Well you see all cable news is wrong, so there's really no difference between them."

Regular reminder that Fox literally argued in the court of law that they are not a news source and no one would be dumb enough to mistake them for one.

LOL Ninja!!!

Mistakes can happen anywhere and that includes the news industry. But there's a Grand Canyon-wide difference between "Oops, we messed up--here's a correction" and deliberate efforts to mislead people.

All of Fox News' 'bigwig' on-air Talent have sworn -- under Oath no less -- that they KNEW the 'concerns' they were spewing about the Dominion Voting machines and a 'stolen election' was pure BS. Yet they continued doing it anyway for fear of losing their audience.

You'd THINK the Capitol riot on Jan 6th, the House Select Committee's findings, and now this lawsuit against Fox News would have served as HUGE wake-up calls for the people who voted for Trump. Back in the day, when the truth came out and I learned that I had been duped into believing Bush's Big Lie about Saddam's 'WMDs pointed at the USA,' I felt betrayed and bamboozled. I would have thought that when the truth came about the elections, Trump voters would have reacted the same way I did about the Iraqi War. But I'm not seeing it.

Non-partisan threads are my favorite...

Vaccine Mandate /Anti-vaxxers
Roe v Wade / Revised Supreme Court decision
Love Guns / Hate Guns
Urban Life / Rural Life
Jan 6 loonies / Antifa crazies
Fund police / Defund police
BLM / ALM
Cancel debt / pay for school
Build the wall / refugee support
Fox / MSNBC-CNN

Easy to bucket each with their respective networks.

Seems like if you know 1 stance a person takes you know them all. Does media influence that?

Love Guns / Hate Guns
Urban Life / Rural Life
BLM / ALM
Fox / MSNBC-CNN

Seems like if you know 1 stance a person takes you know them all. Does media influence that?
Any comment on the actual subject of the thread?

Love Guns / Hate Guns
Urban Life / Rural Life
BLM / ALM
Fox / MSNBC-CNN

STFU YOU DONKEY IDIOT.

GO KNIGHTS!!!!!! CHARGE ON!!!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: UCFloridaTech
You no longer watch either? Who are you kidding?

I'm trying to imagine you EVER watching Rachel Maddow's show on MSNBC.
No one. I don't have cable, nor do I stream them. Last time I saw either was when visiting my daughter over July 4 holiday last year. Neither is on Hulu or Netflix.

No one. I don't have cable, nor do I stream them. Last time I saw either was when visiting my daughter over July 4 holiday last year.
The scary thing about getting your news from social media is that their algorthyms are so damn sophisticated any more that you're bombarded with the same sh*t you've demonstrated you've liked in the past.

So whether you're a diehard Republican or Democrat -- or gun-lover, or UCF Knight-lover, are into camping, or really like some TV show, you are gonna keep getting more and more of the same. Nowadays, you have to make a concerted effort to seek out different stuff or differing perspectives on any issue.

And yet we wonder why we've become such a polarized society. Duh!

The new I get is mostly over the Air stuff, which clearly leans left, or what ever the local radio station carries. Both of those tend to skew left. But I am not on here crying about one station that is right of center., The left has Cnbc, Cbs, Abc, Nbc, Cnn, and many more, get all your propaganda from a source that makes you happy and ignore the rest. Your side is winning and runs the show. Don't worry be happy. You are not getting out of this life alive. In a few years your angst won't matter.

The new I get is mostly over the Air stuff, which clearly leans left, or what ever the local radio station carries. Both of those tend to skew left.
I love how you and others like you want to make this into a 'tit for tat' situation. That's total bullsh*t.

Is there a 'left skew' to news stories? The old 'pre-Fox News' argument was that all journalists are lefties. Now we know that's total bullsh*t. But are their left-leaning biases? Sure. But the number one bias is a focus on the sensational, ratings-grabbing stuff.
The left has Cnbc, Cbs, Abc, Nbc, Cnn, and many more, get all your propaganda from a source that makes you happy and ignore the rest. Your side is winning and runs the show.
Propaganda? Pardon me, but I'm not aware of defamation cases against your mainstream news examples for pushing false narratives -- with evidence that included emails from its news hosts admitting they were peddling 'news' that they knew was pure BS from the get-go.

Now go back to burying your head in the sand and spewing your 'both "sides" of the news is corrupt' line.

Might as well close this thread... You have spoken. 😁
I'll happily debate anyone who tells me I'm supposed to believe Fox News is a real news network. If you wanna call me a blowhard, I'm okay with it. At least I'm not a chicken-sh*t like you who pops in and then vanishes once you're put on the spot to 'put up or shut up.'

As if the Dominion Voting Defamation Suit wasn't bad enough, did you hear about today's NYT article about Fox News' election coverage?

The New York Times reported about a leaked Fox News Zoom-call which they obtained where the CEO and anchors discussed the network's Arizona call for Biden (they were the first network to do so). They were all having a collective panic attack because they were...gasp!...losing viewers in its aftermath---OMIGAWD, their audience was pissed and changing channels!!!! It was bad enough they said it, but they were also stupid enough to have had somebody record it.

The Times reported that the Fox News team openly discussed what the potential fallout if they reversed their call put Arizona back in the 'To Be Determined' column. Ultimately, they didn't, despite having some of their anchors recorded on tape passionately proclaiming they should.

Even though Fox News had Biden winning before anyone else given their Arizona call, they downplayed their own numbers and waited 14 hours AFTER NBC, CBS, ABC, and CNN called the race for Biden before they finally stepped up and said the same thing.

I have spoken. 😁

The new I get is mostly over the Air stuff, which clearly leans left, or what ever the local radio station carries. Both of those tend to skew left. But I am not on here crying about one station that is right of center., The left has Cnbc, Cbs, Abc, Nbc, Cnn, and many more, get all your propaganda from a source that makes you happy and ignore the rest. Your side is winning and runs the show. Don't worry be happy. You are not getting out of this life alive. In a few years your angst won't matter.
🤣 🤣 You stupid fùcking twat just posted exactly what I said you would post.

Jesus Christ you are fúcking stupid.

I feel like 24 hour news channels have their value if consumed in small doses. However, for a lot of people that is all they watch. Doesn’t matter which side of the isle you’re on. It’s the same message over and over and over and it makes people angry.

As for Fox and the election, they knew exactly what they were doing. They knew there was no election fraud, at least not anywhere near what was needed to change the outcome. However they knew they were losing viewers to Newsmax and OAN and decided ratings were more important than the truth. They peddled the lie and now they’re going to pay the price for it.

I feel like 24 hour news channels have their value if consumed in small doses. However, for a lot of people that is all they watch. Doesn’t matter which side of the isle you’re on. It’s the same message over and over and over and it makes people angry.

As for Fox and the election, they knew exactly what they were doing. They knew there was no election fraud, at least not anywhere near what was needed to change the outcome. However they knew they were losing viewers to Newsmax and OAN and decided ratings were more important than the truth. They peddled the lie and now they’re going to pay the price for it.

The problem with 24 hour news channels, is that they are pretty much unsustainable business models, if they are actually trying to be legitimate news and legitimate discussions. Most days have nowhere near enough news to fill up even a few hours of programming, much less the entire day, so they essentially have to evolve into entertainment type channels or people arent going to watch very long, and advertisers arent going to stick around.

The problem with 24 hour news channels, is that they are pretty much unsustainable business models, if they are actually trying to be legitimate news and legitimate discussions. Most days have nowhere near enough news to fill up even a few hours of programming, much less the entire day, so they essentially have to evolve into entertainment type channels or people arent going to watch very long, and advertisers arent going to stick around.
Like most industries and CFB, $ is the driver.

Everything in moderation would do people good... Including this board 😁

Like most industries and CFB, $ is the driver.

Everything in moderation would do people good... Including this board 😁
But these networks don't really work in moderation. ABC, nbc, cbs, have sitcoms, sports, special events they make money off of, so they don't need the news to be super profitable, but the cable networks do or they go out of business. News and commentary based on a profit motive, is usually not going to be super serious analysis.

Faux Fox news is no longer even news...it's the REPUBLICAN RIGHT WING PROPAGANDA MACHINE,

To certain extents yes, but when we know the hosts are just flat out lying to their audience with regards to conspiracies that they don't believe at all, that's a different thing.
Thats what the News is lies they collectively agree upon. Just watch the ones you agree with and be happy.

Whatever you do dont look at Memes they are never true until they are.

Thats what the News is lies they collectively agree upon. Just watch the ones you agree with and be happy.

Whatever you do dont look at Memes they are never true until they are.
Except in regards to the 2020 election being stolen, none of the Fox hosts believed it. They ALL knew it was BS. Yet they still reported it and had guest that pushed the lie as if it were true.

Instead of getting pissed off at being bamboozled by their Fox News heroes, their new defense (featured here) is everybody is lied to all the time so it's all the same. Yeah, riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Except in regards to the 2020 election being stolen, none of the Fox hosts believed it. They ALL knew it was BS. Yet they still reported it and had guest that pushed the lie as if it were true.
I understand this is a thread to attack a network that publishes the other side of most stories.

What happens when its only one side of the story that gets heard?

There were very suspicious circumstances around the election with the mail in ballots just appearing wherever they were needed for a certain party candidate. Someone needed to pressure the government to keep its integrity and prove those ballots were valid. That is the job of the media. They are not to cover up for those they like. They are to root out and expose the corruption on either side if it exists.

Again you are free to watch or read or podcast or create whatever content you want. Not sure why it bothers you of someone else does what your both free to do.

As i said before, watch the lies that help you sleep at night you are free to do so.

I understand this is a thread to attack a network that publishes the other side of most stories.

There were very suspicious circumstances around the election with the mail in ballots just appearing wherever they were needed for a certain party candidate. Someone needed to pressure the government to keep its integrity and prove those ballots were valid. That is the job of the media. They are not to cover up for those they like. They are to root out and expose the corruption on either side if it exists.

Again you are free to watch or read or podcast or create whatever content you want. Not sure why it bothers you of someone else does what your both free to do.

As i said before, watch the lies that help you sleep at night you are free to do so.
There was no other side to this story. They knew Trump lost, they also knew their audience didn't want to hear that, so they lied about it on air. Tucker himself said they would hurt the stock price if they didn't lie, and that is all it was about, money.

There was no other side to this story. They knew Trump lost, they also knew their audience didn't want to hear that, so they lied about it on air. Tucker himself said they would hurt the stock price if they didn't lie, and that is all it was about, money.
This thread is titled Foc New BS machine!
Not who won the 2020 election?

Again i keep my position dont like it dont consume it.

Have you looked to the lies of your favorite network?

Are they the watch dog you think they are?

Or, Do they coddle a certain party? And push bullshit down your throat like Fox News does?

The thread is actually about Dominion suing Fox because of their false claims about the election. The OP even linked a story about Rupert Murdoch admitting his hosts endorsed false election fraud claims.

i keep my position dont like it dont consume it.
Yeah, "don't bother me with FACTS!"

Or, Do they coddle a certain party? And push bullshit down your throat like Fox News does?
Good grief, news shouldn't be viewed as a commodity that you 'consume' from one brand or another. Informed people don't pidgeonhole themselves but get their news from different sources with different perspectives.

I find it more-than-a-little-ironic that the same people who used to whine about liberal bias in the mainstream media are the same ones who think nothing of having Fox News push their propaganda bullsh*t down their throats. Weird how that works.

Again i keep my position dont like it dont consume it.

I already said what I think about cable news, just go back a few posts. The thread is literally about a lawsuit involving Fox and their lying to their audience about the 2020 election.

The thread is literally about a lawsuit involving Fox and their lying to their audience about the 2020 election.
SimpleJack53 would have us believe "Everybody Lies" so this Fox News lawsuit can be ignored.

You know, just like "Everybody Lies" so the Capitol riot can be ignored as 'leftist' propaganda...

And "Everybody Lies" so the findings of the House Committee on how the Capitol riot came about could be ignored and shrugged off as more 'leftist' propaganda...

That's the only way to explain how a literal 'mob boss' like Trump could still be considered the top contender for the 2024 Republican Party's POTUS nomination. Republicans should change their motto to: Ignorance is Bliss!!!

^^^^^^^^how to say “I am a retard” without saying “I am a retard.” 🙄

SimpleJack53 would have us believe "Everybody Lies" so this Fox News lawsuit can be ignored.

You know, just like "Everybody Lies" so the Capitol riot can be ignored as 'leftist' propaganda...

And "Everybody Lies" so the findings of the House Committee on how the Capitol riot came about could be ignored and shrugged off as more 'leftist' propaganda...

That's the only way to explain how a literal 'mob boss' like Trump could still be considered the top contender for the 2024 Republican Party's POTUS nomination. Republicans should change their motto to: Ignorance is Bliss!!!
1. I they do lie. So my advice is to do what makes you happy.

2. I have no skin in the lawsuit. But i think fox news may survive. Of it doesn't then you have 1 side of every story. What a way to live in propaganda hell.

3. Trump is a democrat. He is Bill Clinton 2.0 so if he somehow gets the nomination then its a guarantee democrat win in 2024 even if the Ds lose they still win with Trump defacto democrat. Think how Bill Maher is now right wing (he is super left wing)

I encourage you all to think. Not just obey what you are told. Good luck.

1. I they do lie. So my advice is to do what makes you happy.

2. I have no skin in the lawsuit. But i think fox news may survive. Of it doesn't then you have 1 side of every story. What a way to live in propaganda hell.

3. Trump is a democrat. He is Bill Clinton 2.0 so if he somehow gets the nomination then its a guarantee democrat win in 2024 even if the Ds lose they still win with Trump defacto democrat. Think how Bill Maher is now right wing (he is super left wing)

I encourage you all to think. Not just obey what you are told. Good luck.
^^^^^how one says “I am a retard yet again” without saying “I am a retard yet again.”

Seriously, dude. Find something else to do. Objectivity ain’t your game.

Holy shit you are stupid

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT