ADVERTISEMENT

Frost just puttin it to em w the PG interview

I have no idea where to begin with this post.
Not my words, but those of many analysts.

Just because you're too f'ing ignorant to know that UCF could offer more money than and does actually have better attendance (most UCF fans don't show up until the end of Q1) than the bottom half of the P5, is not our fault.

You come in here with the same arrogance as others, and don't care to learn. Let's face it, you in Nebraska thought UCF is some "small, directional school" until Frost came here. Now you just assume UCF is a program that cannot complete with the bottom half of the P5.

Even worse? You don't realize you *are* the _bottom_ half of the Big 10!

This place will be fun when the announcement is made.
I *do* honestly hope Frost *does* return to Nebraska and put you guys on the top half of the Big 10 someday. I really do.

That's the difference between us Knight fans and the "Cornholios," the arrogance, self-centered subset of Nebraska fans, like yourself.

We want wants best for Frost, and do believe he will return to Lincoln at some point.

But you "Cornholios" will treat Frost the same as you did while he was there before, if he's doesn't win the Big 10 Championship by year 2.

I never understood what Bo meant ... until this year.

Everyone knows we cannot get into a bidding war with UF, Nebraska, Tennessee, or UCLA.

However, UCF is putting a VERY attractive financial offer together that will be higher than what a significant number of P5 coaches make. Plus the assistant pool will increase by at least $1M and Scott Frost has said that he loves the coaches he has and wants to keep them together.

No one knows what is going to happen. But, I think many things are working together that might keep Scott Frost here a few more years.
  • The financial offer UCF is putting together
  • The opportunity to build a legacy
  • Frost's own comments about this UCF team being family...and most of that family returns for the next two years
  • Frost is still a relatively young head coach. Not that he would stay this long...but Scott could literally stay at UCF for another 10 years, and still have at least 12 years if he wanted to go to any one of several Top level P5 jobs that open up every year in college football.

Everyone knows we cannot get into a bidding war with UF, Nebraska, Tennessee, or UCLA.

However, UCF is putting a VERY attractive financial offer together that will be higher than what a significant number of P5 coaches make. Plus the assistant pool will increase by at least $1M and Scott Frost has said that he loves the coaches he has and wants to keep them together.

No one knows what is going to happen. But, I think many things are working together that might keep Scott Frost here a few more years.
  • The financial offer UCF is putting together
  • The opportunity to build a legacy
  • Frost's own comments about this UCF team being family...and most of that family returns for the next two years
  • Frost is still a relatively young head coach. Not that he would stay this long...but Scott could literally stay at UCF for another 10 years, and still have at least 12 years if he wanted to go to any one of several Top level P5 jobs that open up every year in college football.
Now you're talking. Let's not have such a defeatist attitude. It's far from over. It may not be all about money with this guy. 3 million a year doesn't exactly mean that his family is going to be eating cat food

Reactions: LemmyKilmister
But you "Cornholios" will treat Frost the same as you did while he was there before, if he's doesn't win the Big 10 Championship by year 2.

That hasn't ever happened, so it's extremely unlikely. Pelini had 7 long years. I didn't know anyone who was upset with him before year 5. Most were happy with him for 5 or 6 of those years. We looked the other way when it came to his insanity because he won games. The problem is he plateaued around year 3 or 4 (at the time we didn't know it yet) and continued to get blown out in every meaningful game we ever had.

Pelini got fired because he never improved, because he was a complete and utter raving lunatic, and because he got blown out in games that mattered. In some of those games he stubbornly refused to make any adjustments at all on defense and the opposing team would just run the same plays over and over. See the Wisconsin blowouts. He should have been fired 1 year earlier than he was and our AD should have gone after Chris Petersen.

If Frost were to coach here and have an identical record to Pelini, he could coach here until he retired because he's not a raving lunatic. Pelini would have been here a lot longer without his antics. And before you mention Solich, he had an AD who didn't like him and who tried to completely change the program. Everyone I knew at the time was shocked by and opposed to Solich's firing.

... and continued to get blown out in every meaningful game we ever had ... our AD should have gone after Chris Petersen.
Read my many other posts on this matter ...

In other words, you fired a coach with 9+ win/seasons. You literally fired a winning coach and got a much worse coach.

What happens if Frost does the same? He cannot convince Florida and Texas recruits to come to Nebraska, and only has 9+ win/seasons?

And what of Pederson wouldn't have come to Nebraska? Who says he didn't try to get him, and Pederson said, "Whoa! You want me to come to a program where you're gonna fire a 9+ win/season coach? No thanks!"

This is why you Cornholios *scare* coaches off! You're just lucky Frost is from Nebraska or he wouldn't give you another thought!

I do think Frost will come at some point, but right now your recent history of "loyalty" is likely making him think twice.

Again, Bo sounded like a lunatic to me as well ... *until* you guys showed up on our forum. Now I understand *completely* how Bo felt.

Last edited:
I just told you what happens if Frost does the same. Scott Frost, with Pelini's win-loss record, would be here for 10+ years. Maybe even as long as Osborne.

I don't think you understand Pelini. His problem wasn't with the fans but with his own mental health. He just blamed everything on everyone else. He's just as nuts at Youngstown State and that's his hometown. A couple seasons ago his team had a minute left in an extremely important game to tie the game with a field goal and he was so mad about 1 call on the previous drive that he ranted and raved for 10+ minutes in real time and cost his team 30 yards in penalties and a chance at overtime.

This is only a small part of the video. The 2 penalties are before this and he followed the refs off the field screaming at them. Pelini can be crazy, it can be the right decision to have fired him, and you can think Husker fans are obsessed/annoying. Those 3 things can all be true. But he certainly wasn't crazy because of the fans.

This is why you Cornholios *scare* coaches off! You're just lucky Frost is from Nebraska or he wouldn't give you another thought!
I do think Frost will come at some point, but right now your recent history of "loyalty" is likely making him think twice.
Power and control. Frost will return when the resume proves it without a doubt. Right now one 10-0 season means Nebraska donors or other influential voices will try to one up him.

Reactions: UCFBS
The key is in how you guys treat Mike. It'll be interesting to hear what Mike says once you fire him.

If it's this year, I don't see Frost leaving. However, if you give Mike 1-2 more years, that would impress me if I'm Scott.

I mean ... I want to go to a loyal program. UCF might have a lot of whiners (who I call "Krytros"), but the program is extremely loyal.

Frost is honored that fans want him, no question. But when that early charm wears off, are you going to treat him like you did in the '90s? Are you going to ignore the pleas of Tom to support him like back then too?

It would make sense to me that Frost has already told the AD, "I want 5 years minimum, prove it by giving Mike at least that long. Because I might need at least 3 seasons to recruit and build. I went to UCF because Florida had all that 3-star talent that could easily dominate, even in the top G5 conference with 2-3 ranked teams/season. It's going to take me twice as long to do it in a P5 conference against 4-5 star talent."

If Frost was in his 50s, I'd understand he'd be more likely to leave sooner. But he literally planted his young family at UCF, and to transplant -- even with family in Nebraska -- is not something he's going to want to do without assurances.

Could you stand 3 years of losing seasons under Frost to start? Everyone forgets that UCF didn't have any offense last year, and only beat the bottom dwelling 4 teams in the conference last year, because of an existing amount of defensive talent O'Leary already recruited (although overlooked, sadly enough).

I see that being the case with Frost at Nebraska for at least 2, and very likely, 3 seasons. Are you ready for that?

Will your AD give him a contract that excuses his first 3 years of losing seasons? You think that's a joke, but given how the Big 10 -- and now even the SEC -- operate, I'd have my agent demand a "performance grace period" clause.

Coaches can push back on AD's ... if they want that coach bad enough. No offense, but as I said, Nebraska isn't exactly in the top half of Big 10 programs and coaching jobs right now, and hasn't been since joining either.

You're just very lucky Frost is very forgiving of his Alma Mater. I think it has everything to do with Tom.

Last edited:
I just told you what happens if Frost does the same. Scott Frost, with Pelini's win-loss record, would be here for 10+ years. Maybe even as long as Osborne.

I don't think you understand Pelini. His problem wasn't with the fans but with his own mental health. He just blamed everything on everyone else. He's just as nuts at Youngstown State and that's his hometown. A couple seasons ago his team had a minute left in an extremely important game to tie the game with a field goal and he was so mad about 1 call on the previous drive that he ranted and raved for 10+ minutes in real time and cost his team 30 yards in penalties and a chance at overtime.

This is only a small part of the video. The 2 penalties are before this and he followed the refs off the field screaming at them. Pelini can be crazy, it can be the right decision to have fired him, and you can think Husker fans are obsessed/annoying. Those 3 things can all be true. But he certainly wasn't crazy because of the fans.

Watch UCF vs Austin Peay. You think because we're 10-0 Frost is even keeled and we give up points based on the nature of our offensive scheme.
This is a game that would make you scratch your head about him. There was lots of penalties, coach Frost and other players were flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct and while we were up by 33, Frost goes for it on 4th and 11. We converted but some on the board claimed he let his emotions get to him. I'm sure in 3 to 5 years, he'll be refined for Nebraska. Go for Leach. He will retire in 5 to 7 years tops.

We don't need even keeled. Wanting someone not like Bo Pelini doesn't mean we want Mr. Rogers.
But did you turn Mr. Rogers into Mr. Pelini?

Again, I thought Bo was nuts too ... *until* I met the subset of Nebraska fans my fellow Knights labeled "Cornholios" this year.

You're only going to be lucky Frost is one cool customer in front of the fanbase. That's why Bo was fired, not before. The irony is that Frost learned this early in life by you Cornholios being total a-holes to him.

Great job!

But did you turn Mr. Rogers into Mr. Pelini?

bo_at_lsu.jpg

Reactions: FrostTroll
The key is in how you guys treat Mike. It'll be interesting to hear what Mike says once you fire him.

If it's this year, I don't see Frost leaving. However, if you give Mike 1-2 more years, that would impress me if I'm Scott.

I mean ... I want to go to a loyal program. UCF might have a lot of whiners (who I call "Krytros"), but the program is extremely loyal.

This may be one of the worst takes I've ever read in all my years on a football forum. Kudos.

MR has shown a clear and steady downward trajectory in his tenure at Nebby, but you're advocating keeping him around on some faux loyalty high-ground. I don't know about you, but Frost doesn't appear to be the type of guy who values a school that would encourage mediocrity like you're claiming. He does, however, seem like a guy who wants to compete at the HIGHEST level. That's not a G5 conference.

I'm a 3rd party observer who's just here to get the lowdown on what everyone is thinking about Frost's decision. The banter between Nebby & UCF fans is just icing on the cake.

Make no bones about it though, Frost isn't the type to settle for complacency. He wants to prove he's the best, by regularly beating the best. Even if he stays at UCF for the 2018 season, if he has similar success next year, he will be in a Power 5 conference at a major school sooner rather than later.

3'n out != Loyalty
You reap what you sow

It's funny how Nebraska fans keep lecturing UCF fans on success criteria, especially given UCF's success the past 5 years v. Nebraska's.

You act like we had none before Frost. Ever seen a G5 never trail in a game against a P5 Champion before? Ever seen a G5 program with beef that pushes around Big 10 lines?

Oh, that's right, we're just a "small, directional school" with "small guys."

Last edited:
You don't keep a coach who has posted the worst 3-year record at your school since 1959-1961.
And that mark will keep recurring until you either relocate the school or find a way to trick athletes to move to nowhere aka $$$

You don't keep a coach who has posted the worst 3-year record at your school since 1959-1961.
CFU fans dont understand logic. They see 9 win seasons and go oh my golly that would be awesome, they dont even read into the context of the conversation they just glance at it. They dont understand what College football is all about, loyalty to a losing coach, in FOOTBALL? what are we supposed to hand out participation trophies too? Worst coach in forever as far as i am concerned, but lets keep him and prove that we are okay with ineptitude. CFU fans just dont understand College Football, at all.

Not my words, but those of many analysts.

Just because you're too f'ing ignorant to know that UCF could offer more money than and does actually have better attendance (most UCF fans don't show up until the end of Q1) than the bottom half of the P5, is not our fault.

You come in here with the same arrogance as others, and don't care to learn. Let's face it, you in Nebraska thought UCF is some "small, directional school" until Frost came here. Now you just assume UCF is a program that cannot complete with the bottom half of the P5.

Even worse? You don't realize you *are* the _bottom_ half of the Big 10!

I *do* honestly hope Frost *does* return to Nebraska and put you guys on the top half of the Big 10 someday. I really do.

That's the difference between us Knight fans and the "Cornholios," the arrogance, self-centered subset of Nebraska fans, like yourself.

We want wants best for Frost, and do believe he will return to Lincoln at some point.

Here’s the thing:

1) Offer more money and better attendance than the bottom half of the G5. If a G5 school doesn’t make the playoff this year they never will. There’s no guarantee UCF ever makes the jump to P5 and there’s no guarantee that the Nebraska job opens at this perfect of a time for Scott.

Um... So? That’s like finding the tallest midget. We just offered him 3 million more per year than his current salary and didn’t even blink.

2) I did not believe UCF was a small directional school. I actually applauded Frost for being wise about selecting his job wisely because this was an attractive job for someone like him. Highest attendance of any school in the nation, talent all around, at the time he was hired they were 3 years removed from winning a BCS bowl game. I think UCF is a very attractive school for expansion when the power five looks to add. 100%

3) Currently in the bottom half of the big ten, yes. Is the Nebraska job a bottom half of the big ten job? Not on your life. Easily in the top 4.

4) How was he treated when he was here the first time? I’d venture to say that you’ve probably never once been to Nebraska let alone in the mid 90s to be able to speak to that; so let’s let you embarass yourself and regurgitate the same stupid, incorrect, and uninformed garbage that you’ve read on other message boards. How was he treated? With fairness, integrity, rockstar treatment, and all but thrown the keys to the state because he was the QB at Nebraska? How’s his relationship with Osborne still? Any ideas where Osborne would probably direct his career now??

5) We know there is a lot of work to do here at Nebraska which is why Bill Moos didn’t bat an eye when Frost and his agent wanted another year on his deal. The regents have told Moos to do what it takes to get Frost. The Lawyers, guns, and money were deployed weeks ago. Nebraska is a sleeping giant. Has been for 15 years. The tradition, the boosters, Facilities, commitment to winning at the highest level, the resources, are all here for the right coach. We now sit in the most manageable division in all of P5. Frost was never staying at UCF this year. His stock was never going to be higher. He was leaving even if nebraska didn’t come open.

Reactions: FrostTroll
CFU fans dont understand logic. They see 9 win seasons and go oh my golly that would be awesome, they dont even read into the context of the conversation they just glance at it. They dont understand what College football is all about, loyalty to a losing coach, in FOOTBALL? what are we supposed to hand out participation trophies too? Worst coach in forever as far as i am concerned, but lets keep him and prove that we are okay with ineptitude. CFU fans just dont understand College Football, at all.

CORNHOLES

Not to mention that Frost knows that his recruiting success will fly through the roof at a school with natural advantages like Florida, UCLA, Oregon; or any major P5 school for that matter.

UCF is undefeated, yet still only holds the 38th ranked recruiting class. 5-loss Texas, 5-loss Oregon, 6-loss Florida, 6-loss Florida State, 6-loss UCLA, 7-loss Tennessee, 7-loss Maryland, 10-loss Baylor coming off one of the worst scandals in a long time, 7-loss Vanderbilt, 8-loss North Carolina, 6-loss Minnesota, and 6-loss Cal are all ahead of UCF in most recruiting rankings. Most of these teams haven't been relevant in more than a decade, and half of them are without a head coach right now, yet they're still drawing top-notch athletes to their schools because of their tradition, history, fan bases, etc. Add a flashy new, highly-touted coach like Scott Frost and they'd recruit even better.

This is why I could see Frost ending up an SEC, Pac12, or even Big 12 school (or Nebby) either this year or next. He would succeed at those schools with his system, and he'd compete with the best.

P.S- Ouch at Nebby being 53rd in recruiting rankings. Program has fallen far.

He's probably going to talk to Nebraska. He's not talking publicly because he's occupied and negotiating

Smart business move by his agent
That was done weeks ago. Officially NU has to fire their coach and pay UCF its buyout before the contract can be signed. Doesn't mean it has not been agreed to however.

Not to mention that Frost knows that his recruiting success will fly through the roof at a school with natural advantages like Florida, UCLA, Oregon; or any major P5 school for that matter.

UCF is undefeated, yet still only holds the 38th ranked recruiting class. 5-loss Texas, 5-loss Oregon, 6-loss Florida, 6-loss Florida State, 6-loss UCLA, 7-loss Tennessee, 7-loss Maryland, 10-loss Baylor coming off one of the worst scandals in a long time, 7-loss Vanderbilt, 8-loss North Carolina, 6-loss Minnesota, and 6-loss Cal are all ahead of UCF in most recruiting rankings. Most of these teams haven't been relevant in more than a decade, and half of them are without a head coach right now, yet they're still drawing top-notch athletes to their schools because of their tradition, history, fan bases, etc. Add a flashy new, highly-touted coach like Scott Frost and they'd recruit even better.

This is why I could see Frost ending up an SEC, Pac12, or even Big 12 school (or Nebby) either this year or next. He would succeed at those schools with his system, and he'd compete with the best.

P.S- Ouch at Nebby being 53rd in recruiting rankings. Program has fallen far.

Rivals ranks recruiting classes based on the top 20 recruits in that class. So if you don’t have 20 commits you’ll absolutely be in the bottom half. For example earlier this summer Bama was at 3 commits and ranked around 60th.

Our recruiting ranking has been far better than UCFS. Applying this logic, Wisconsin would never win a game.
Every P5 gets a bump in ratings for recruiting by ESPN to keep the cartel strong. Heck some schools have even been implicated with paying off ESPN and other sites to give their commits a bump in ratings to say "We have the number 1 recruit class blah blah blah" so they can use it as a recruiting tool the next year.
And if your recruits are so good, how is it that every 4 star QB you guys get is as good as hot garbage? You havent had a QB who could complete a 5 yard out in about 10-15 years.

Its also about location.
Everyone knows a 3 star from florida is better than a 4 star from most other states, 4 and 5 stars from the south are better than any 4 and 5 stars from anywhere north of georgia (including CA because CA recruits dont pan out ever). SO it is also where you get recruits from.

A class of our 20 mid level 3 stars and a couple 4 stars from florida is probably equal in talent to your NU top 25 class 99% of years. Idc who your coach is, if you recruit a "top 25" class, you should be at least sniffing the top 25, or at least seeing glimpses of hope from some recruits, but outside of Tyjon Lindsay and Taylor martinez, nobody could name a single player in the last 10 years from nebraska who was actually GOOD.

Reactions: BigXIIOrBust
They make the mistake of calling us CFU instead of UCF because they haven't seen the correct acronym due to them having no reason to look at the rankings in awhile.

It's the dicks poor attempt at an insult because he has the IQ of an ear of corn.

Every P5 gets a bump in ratings for recruiting by ESPN to keep the cartel strong. Heck some schools have even been implicated with paying off ESPN and other sites to give their commits a bump in ratings to say "We have the number 1 recruit class blah blah blah" so they can use it as a recruiting tool the next year.
And if your recruits are so good, how is it that every 4 star QB you guys get is as good as hot garbage? You havent had a QB who could complete a 5 yard out in about 10-15 years.

Its also about location.
Everyone knows a 3 star from florida is better than a 4 star from most other states, 4 and 5 stars from the south are better than any 4 and 5 stars from anywhere north of georgia (including CA because CA recruits dont pan out ever). SO it is also where you get recruits from.

A class of our 20 mid level 3 stars and a couple 4 stars from florida is probably equal in talent to your NU top 25 class 99% of years. Idc who your coach is, if you recruit a "top 25" class, you should be at least sniffing the top 25, or at least seeing glimpses of hope from some recruits, but outside of Tyjon Lindsay and Taylor martinez, nobody could name a single player in the last 10 years from nebraska who was actually GOOD.

Location matters zero with recruiting rankings. The rankings are based on what they believe the potential of said player is to play in the nfl. In essence, Rivals with their Top 250 is guessing where these kids will be drafted in 3,4, or even 5 years.

Three stars from Florida are better than 4 stars from anywhere else? Potentially the dumbest thing I’ve ever read on here.

Rivals rankings save a few outliers correlate almost directly with post season rankings whether it be AP, coaches, or CFP poll.

How do you come up with Tyjon Lindsey and Taylor Martinez to prove your point there? Haha. Suh, Abdullah, Prince, David don’t ring any bells at all??

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT