ADVERTISEMENT

Gameday Bowl Thread!

Quite frankly, next season doesn’t look much better with the way things are going. We could’ve signed a dozen 4 stars the other day and it wouldn’t make a difference. Poorly coached team all the way around.
Yes it does. In Hayward we brought in a shut down corner. With Threats and four others we have five chances to put two safeties on the field who can tackle. I think we've added one very talented LB. If we can add a couple more strong LBs our defense can be night and day from this year. That will be the difference between losing close ones and winning them.

Terry! This is ridiculous!!!! Gus is clueless. Changes have to be made in the coaching staff! We can’t survive the Big XII with this staff!

Reactions: ucffan642
Yes it does. In Hayward we brought in a shut down corner. With Threats and four others we have five chances to put two safeties on the field who can tackle. I think we've added one very talented LB. If we can add a couple more strong LBs our defense can be night and day from this year. That will be the difference between losing close ones and winning them.
they are true freshmen, they're for the future if they stick around. they won't help us be better next season. that has to come from the existing roster and the portal.

Reactions: Robert0122
Very sad state of affairs with this program. I think we’ve been conditioned to expect UCF to pull it off at the end of a nail biter with the original 2013 Cardiac Knights. Now we’ve come to hope for a miracle win with every game.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
The one thing you didn't sign was a coach. They should change their nickname to the Falcons. They play like it; whatever it takes to LOSE is their common denominator.

That and hiring a true P5 D Coordinator!

Gus NEVER had a losing season before tonight.

It is time to can both co-coordinators and bring in the right guy to right the ship.

Gary Patterson

images

Only if you fire that moron Williams as the DC.

The reality is Plumlee was never a P5 level QB. Gus sticks with his boy no matter what, and that will include his coaches. We won’t be a contender as long as Gus continues to call the offense. If there’s no changes in the defensive staff plan on a repeat of this season. And lastly, don’t expect Terry to do a damn thing, unless it’s to give Gus an extension.

Not, if they are badly coached.

Reactions: UCFsbarro
The reality is Plumlee was never a P5 level QB. Gus sticks with his boy no matter what, and that will include his coaches. We won’t be a contender as long as Gus continues to call the offense. If there’s no changes in the defensive staff plan on a repeat of this season. And lastly, don’t expect Terry to do a damn thing, unless it’s to give Gus an extension.
Absolutely nailed it.

Tech’s success running the ball is 100% on Addison’s back. He’s absolutely clueless and hasn’t made any adjustments to stop the run game! It so sucks because we’ll have to live through this next season too because Gus won’t do what he absolutely should, fire Addison and get a P5 coordinator!
I think you are right on this he hasn't been able to stop the run all year. I also think we need a new strength and conditioning coach.

Reactions: ucffan642
Why won’t any sportswriter ask Gus the hard questions? Are they all chickensh!t? This coach needs to be totally grilled as to why he continues to lose games that he had control of? Where are the adjustments? How does Addison qualify to be a P5 D Coordinator in one of the 3 biggest conferences? The $ is there now to hire much more qualified people. Is Hinshaw really calling the offense, all game, or does Gus take over when he gets worried? PLEASE SOMEONE START ASKING HIM REAL QUESTIONS AND MAKE HIM GIVE US SOME REAL ANSWERS!!!

So here’s a question, wouldn’t it have made more sense for JRP to stay down when he got hurt instead of tough guy-ing it off the field giving no time for Timmy to warm up or anything?

Our defense failed is big time this year. Hard to win when your rushing defense is terrible. We need at least two years to build up both lines. However we still should be able to coach our team to be eight win seasons with our current talent pool. Fire the DC. Has to go. Depth will be what gets us to ten win seasons in the Big12. That's just reality.

Our defense failed is big time this year. Hard to win when your rushing defense is terrible. We need at least two years to build up both lines. However we still should be able to coach our team to be eight win seasons with our current talent pool. Fire the DC. Has to go. Depth will be what gets us to ten win seasons in the Big12. That's just reality.
Depth with an intelligent coach will get us to a 10 win season. Gus has been out coached so many times this season. That’s not going to change with or without depth.

So here’s a question, wouldn’t it have made more sense for JRP to stay down when he got hurt instead of tough guy-ing it off the field giving no time for Timmy to warm up or anything?
Gus should have made him stay in and take another hit or 3. JRP was HUGE reason the offense quit trying to score points.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT