ADVERTISEMENT

Gameday Bowl Thread!

Of all the teams that were in playoff contention, Ohio State had one of the best claims. Only loss was by 6 points @ No. 1 Michigan. Yet OSU was never seriously considered.

But the Buckeyes are the only as good as their third string QB.

How would UCF have looked with Xavier Williams or Dylan Rizk at QB against Tech?
Third string QB and missing the best WR in college football.

Do we have any insight as to why Ohio State’s starting QB left and transferred to… Syracuse??? It was pretty obvious that neither of the other QBs would supplant him

Do we have any insight as to why Ohio State’s starting QB left and transferred to… Syracuse??? It was pretty obvious that neither of the other QBs would supplant him
After the Michigan game he was promised the starting quarterback position and nobody was throwing NIL money his way.

"Per a report from the Colombus Dispatch, McCord's two main reasons for leaving the program were a lack of certainty about being the team's starter in 2024, as well as a desire for more money via NIL."

(FTR, they spelled it 'Colombus' not me )

He was mediocre overall, was carried by an elite receiver and top defense. They definently were hoping to replace him next year with someone who is probably not on the team.

He was mediocre overall, was carried by an elite receiver and top defense. They definently were hoping to replace him next year with someone who is probably not on the team.
U r right but he’s a pretty good qb maybe not up to OSU past in athleticism.
Kyle McCord was Harrison’s HS QB at St Joes Prep in Philly I guarantee u he’d be there if Harrison was still there, they were best friends.(The leash would’ve stayed longer if Harrison was still there too)He has strong connections with the new staff w the Orange where he felt more secure. He took NIL money but it was not close to the main reason for leaving OSU.

I won a dollar betting on Mizzou to beat Ohio State! Hard to believe Mizzou could beat the buckeyes but they did. Great season for them this year.

Mizzou wanted it more! All the pre game articles said that. Easy money with Mizzou given 5.5 points. High Roller bet a dollar. Makes the games a little more interesting.

I got FSU to beat Georgia today, probably a mistake, more than likely a mistake now with FSU in crumble world. Hoping for a miracle.

Mizzou wanted it more! All the pre game articles said that. Easy money with Mizzou given 5.5 points. High Roller bet a dollar. Makes the games a little more interesting.

I got FSU to beat Georgia today, probably a mistake, more than likely a mistake now with FSU in crumble world. Hoping for a miracle.
If FSU fails to beat uGay, every FBS team in the state of Florida will have lost its final game of the season, but one ...

Hoping Ga CRUSHES them....their sense of entitlement is usif level off the charts.

Have a hunch that all their crap talking about breaking up their conference had a hand in the media that runs the invitational saying no.

I put the money down on FSU way before I knew all the players are sitting out. Hoping for a miracle... Go Noles. Need my money back.

I put the money down on FSU way before I knew all the players are sitting out. Hoping for a miracle... Go Noles. Need my money back.
giphy.gif

If I was FSU fans, players, and coaches I'd be pissed on all the players that are sitting out this game. Oh also, betters like me who put a dollar on the game after CFP dis'd the noles. I'm not sad to lose a dollar on this. Made me want to watch a game I would normally not.

42-3 at the half.

FSU is a second half team...need a miracle...48.5 favorites now for Georgia. I may put a buck on that point spread for the 2nd half. Georgia let off the gas? Call off da dawgs?

Well, these bowl games can make you feel better about our team.

However, unless it's a championship game I wouldn't place a lot of stock in or gamble
on how a team will do.

Well, these bowl games can make you feel better about our team.

However, unless it's a championship game I wouldn't place a lot of stock in or gamble
on how a team will do.

Most of these bowl games have 2nd/3rd stringers playing. Malzahn's team was as close to being fully participating as a team gets, with star players announcing commitment to the program. No reason for them to play flat in the bowl game.

Most of these bowl games have 2nd/3rd stringers playing. Malzahn's team was as close to being fully participating as a team gets, with star players announcing commitment to the program. No reason for them to play flat in the bowl game.
C’mon man, we all know if you‘re P5 and lose it’s because you weren’t motivated.

C’mon man, we all know if you‘re P5 and lose it’s because you weren’t motivated.
UCF can’t use that in this case

and we are at the point where we have been mediocre long enough where Gasparilla is our normal bowl vs the ‘let down’ after being at a higher level

Reactions: UCFsbarro
Could be, UCF days winning bowl games may be over. Won't be a lot of instances where they have a big talent advantage, team actually has to be prepared/motivated to perform.

I put it on a lousy DC

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT