ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia Antivoting Law

fried-chicken

Diamond Knight
Jan 27, 2011
This law is being presented as a way to stop voter fraud (that isn't a serious problem) but the things in it are very telling.

How exactly does making it illegal to give voters waiting in long lines a bottle of water prevent fraud?

This is about making it harder for minorities to vote and that's all. Everyone knows it but no one is allowed to say it.

This law is being presented as a way to stop voter fraud (that isn't a serious problem) but the things in it are very telling.

How exactly does making it illegal to give voters waiting in long lines a bottle of water prevent fraud?

This is about making it harder for minorities to vote and that's all. Everyone knows it but no one is allowed to say it.
It's funny how the left is so hung up on this water bottle issue. I'm fine with water bottles being handed out, but at the same time it seems silly that people can't be expected to just bring their own, as if that's a form of voter suppression.

The bill signing was witnessed by seven old white guys. A Black female legislator knocked on the Governor's office door asking to witness the signing too and was instead arrested and carted off.
Yikes! We always have free cookies at my precinct.

The bill signing was witnessed by seven old white guys. A Black female legislator knocked on the Governor's office door asking to witness the signing too and was instead arrested and carted off.
Yikes! We always have free cookies at my precinct.
She was an insurrectionist trying to disrupt a legal process. People across the street were afraid She was going to murder them.

Because Georgia has had a problem with people campaigning under the guise of H2O distribution.
As far as I can tell, the rest is just common sense stuff (you need to show ID to get a mail-in ballot, ballot drop boxes should be monitored, etc.).
Not quite Jim Crow era stuff. Abrams is just mad because ballot harvesting was her path to becoming governor.

Reactions: sk8knight
It's funny how the left is so hung up on this water bottle issue. I'm fine with water bottles being handed out, but at the same time it seems silly that people can't be expected to just bring their own, as if that's a form of voter suppression.
There's no reason for it to be illegal unless you are trying to make it harder for people to wait in line to vote. It's time to admit that this has nothing to do with fraud. Sure they can bring their own water but what reason is there for making it illegal?

There's no reason for it to be illegal unless you are trying to make it harder for people to wait in line to vote. It's time to admit that this has nothing to do with fraud. Sure they can bring their own water but what reason is there for making it illegal?
This isn't a hill that I'm willing to die on. If you want to do a carve out that allows churches or charities to go and give out water bottles at polling places I'm fine with that. Seems like a simple solution.

Only urban voting sites have 6 hour long lines. Better bring your own water and your portable urinal if you want to vote.
This isn't a hill that I'm willing to die on. If you want to do a carve out that allows churches or charities to go and give out water bottles at polling places I'm fine with that. Seems like a simple solution.
But they made it illegal, it's not a debate that anyone is having any longer. That provision exposes the underlying intent: how can we make it as challenging as possible for "urban" voters to cast a vote without being blatantly obvious. There is only one reason for handing out water bottles to be illegal. We all know it and it's time it gets said instead of being danced around.

Reactions: hemightbejeremy
Only urban voting sites have 6 hour long lines. Better bring your own water and your portable urinal if you want to vote.
But they made it illegal, it's not a debate that anyone is having any longer. That provision exposes the underlying intent: how can we make it as challenging as possible for "urban" voters to cast a vote without being blatantly obvious. There is only one reason for handing out water bottles to be illegal. We all know it and it's time it gets said instead of being danced around.
There are actually several reasons that handing out water bottles shouldn't happen, but the official reason is that it's against the law to distribute gifts of any kind in voting lines, including food or drink. I think water bottles goes too far but if the law says that's the deal, that's the deal, and people can bring their own. Not worth getting too worked up about either way.

There are actually several reasons that handing out water bottles shouldn't happen, but the official reason is that it's against the law to distribute gifts of any kind in voting lines, including food or drink. I think water bottles goes too far but if the law says that's the deal, that's the deal, and people can bring their own. Not worth getting too worked up about either way.
It gives away the true intent.

And make sure you don't verify the individuals and have people manually counting votes.
The idea that this was ever about election fraud security has been debunked after it was made illegal to pass out water to primarily minority voters who already have to wait in much longer lines than white voters. A bottle of water doesn't increase fraud. The mask has been removed and this bill is about voter suppression. No one thinks banning passing out bottles of water is fraud prevention. We all know what is happening here and it's time to admit that minority votes are being suppressed to preserve republican power.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
I have no problems with requiring ID's, And I understand the water bottle issue, It is a way to get inside the area where campaigning is not allowed and campaign. I am totally against mail in voting, and understand the need for but don't like absentee voting either. I have done early voting a couple of time, but would be ok with that going away. Any and all mail in voting should be required to arrive by the day of the vote. Only exception is military. This nonsense of waiting 5 or 10 days for ballots is dumb. Fill it out in time for it to get there by election day.
Last but least no counting of ballots without both parties observers there.

I have no problems with requiring ID's
I don't either as long as this doesn't lead to MORE gameplaying about what constitutes a valid photo ID.
And I understand the water bottle issue, It is a way to get inside the area where campaigning is not allowed and campaign.
Complete BS. There are already strict laws on the books about campaigning inside a voting precinct. Last year in Georgia, minority voters were waiting in line HOURS to vote. THAT should be an issue all by itself.
I am totally against mail in voting
The exact, same information is provided on a mail in ballot as an in-person ballot.
...and understand the need for but don't like absentee voting either. I have done early voting a couple of time, but would be ok with that going away.
You understand the need -- but are 'ok' with having it go away? Hmmm...I wonder why? ;)
Any and all mail in voting should be required to arrive by the day of the vote. Only exception is military. This nonsense of waiting 5 or 10 days for ballots is dumb. Fill it out in time for it to get there by election day.
Except the voter has no control over the Post Office, which is why a post mark before the election should be sufficient.

But your concern over waiting days after the end of the election for results is a legitimate one. Which is why it was stupid for Republican-controlled state legislatures to require that mail-in votes couldn't even begin to be counted until after the polls closed.
That's already a thing, goodknightfl.

The idea that this was ever about election fraud security has been debunked after it was made illegal to pass out water to primarily minority voters who already have to wait in much longer lines than white voters. A bottle of water doesn't increase fraud. The mask has been removed and this bill is about voter suppression. No one thinks banning passing out bottles of water is fraud prevention. We all know what is happening here and it's time to admit that minority votes are being suppressed to preserve republican power.
People can bring their own food and water. Poll workers are also allowed to make food and water available. They just aren’t allowing outside groups to campaign at voting locations. You should double check where you get your information from, because it appears that you are reading propaganda. On top of that, Georgia offers a free voter ID, so there is no reason a person couldn’t prove they are a registered voter in the state of GA. I don’t care for Kemp or the SOS here, but this stuff just seems common sense.

People can bring their own food and water.
People should also be able to vote without waiting HOURS to do so.

Maybe I'm unique but voting -- even during heavy traffic times -- has never taken me and my wife more than 20 minutes tops.

People can bring their own food and water. Poll workers are also allowed to make food and water available. They just aren’t allowing outside groups to campaign at voting locations. You should double check where you get your information from, because it appears that you are reading propaganda. On top of that, Georgia offers a free voter ID, so there is no reason a person couldn’t prove they are a registered voter in the state of GA. I don’t care for Kemp or the SOS here, but this stuff just seems common sense.
People rationalized Jim Crow laws too. I wonder if some of those laws were proposed today how far some people would go before they drew the line.

The fact is that in a healthy democracy voting is encouraged not discouraged.win with better ideas not suppression.

Reactions: Blackheart1
I have no problems with requiring ID's, And I understand the water bottle issue, It is a way to get inside the area where campaigning is not allowed and campaign. I am totally against mail in voting, and understand the need for but don't like absentee voting either. I have done early voting a couple of time, but would be ok with that going away. Any and all mail in voting should be required to arrive by the day of the vote. Only exception is military. This nonsense of waiting 5 or 10 days for ballots is dumb. Fill it out in time for it to get there by election day.
You are probably okay with this kind of male in voting.
2048.jpg

Here's what the bill actually does:

Among other things, it expands the amount of time people have to vote. It's pretty amazing that the left is throwing a fit over this thing.
It adds voting machines so people don't have to wait as long to vote.

Here's what the bill actually does:

I see the bill restructures the makeup and authority of the State Election Board, including demoting the secretary of state from the chair of the board to an ex-offico member, with the legislature selecting the Board's chair.

Hmmm....I wonder why the legislature would do that? :)

People should be outraged that they were lied to about what the bill does. There is nothing controversial about any of it.

Man,some of you guys are so darn soft. You need water to wait in line to vote in Georgia in November? I don't know how they voted for the last 180 years without a bottle of Zypherhills water in hand? Clearly , this is racist as you guys say. lol.

Look, I don't believe Biden won fair and square . When half your electorate has serious doubts and confidence in the vote ,then the Republic is in trouble. My friends on the left here do you not want me and others at the end of election night to tip our hats to the winner and accept the results when it's not our candidate? That's how America works.

I heard news reports this past week where Fulton and I think Gwinnett counties have no chain of custody for thousands of ballots dropped in drop boxes . Meaning they can't tie each ballot to a legitimate voter. You know one person one vote . so, my left friends this is what you want, right? A total free for all in our election where the vote is open to anyone and everyone to vote multiple times? Because this is what you are going to get.

Look I own a business. I pay taxes on several fronts. I am an honest guy . I don't try to cheat the Government ever. I try to lead an honest life, work for what I have and I don't expect anything from anybody. With all that said, if the left wants to open this up,violate the constitution with HR1 ,as our elections are run by the states and state legislatures,not Nancy Pelosi and her ilk, but if they want to play that game, I am done being honest in some ways. I will gladly fill ballots and drop them off in collection boxes.. If the left is going to win by fraud then let's do it ,the right should get just as ugly and play by their ridiculous lawless system.

I am for the Constitution. The states run elections ..I am for voter ID . I am against mail in ballots, drop boxes and anything that will compromise the integrity of the election. I am for a fair and honest process and for everyone to follow the rules. This is not a dog whistle . it's not racist , it's not against the poor. The poor have been voting for 180 years when we had paper ballots , when you had to walk miles ,ride a horse or wagon to the polling places in the rain or snow.

Funny you need to show your ID to buy beer or buy cigarettes or sign up for welfare or check in the ER or take a Greyhound bus,but some how it's racist to require it to vote.

I have to come to the conclusion the left are a bunch of cheaters and will do anything to win. They don't like rules or accountability.

Reactions: UCFKnightfan08
Too many black people voted last time, so changes needed to be made. If they really want to vote, 6-8 hours without water in the hot Georgia sun isn't a lot to ask for. *
This bill makes it way easier for black people to vote. What's the problem?

I see the bill restructures the makeup and authority of the State Election Board, including demoting the secretary of state from the chair of the board to an ex-offico member, with the legislature selecting the Board's chair.

Because of all of the drama involved when the secretary of state runs for governor, like 4 years ago
You should be happy they did this.

I don't either as long as this doesn't lead to MORE gameplaying about what constitutes a valid photo ID.
Complete BS. There are already strict laws on the books about campaigning inside a voting precinct. Last year in Georgia, minority voters were waiting in line HOURS to vote. THAT should be an issue all by itself.
The exact, same information is provided on a mail in ballot as an in-person ballot.

You understand the need -- but are 'ok' with having it go away? Hmmm...I wonder why? ;)
Except the voter has no control over the Post Office, which is why a post mark before the election should be sufficient.

But your concern over waiting days after the end of the election for results is a legitimate one. Which is why it was stupid for Republican-controlled state legislatures to require that mail-in votes couldn't even begin to be counted until after the polls closed.
That's already a thing, goodknightfl.
I didn't sat do away with absentee voting, there are strict rules on getting a ballot, and how it is processed. across the board mail in is a different animal. They can put a defined period in which absentee and or mail ballots must be mailed. such as must be mailed no more than 10 and no less than 4 days before election day. If you can't be responsible enough to get them in the mail then you likely are too dumb to be voting as well.

The Republican/Democratic poll watchers were told in Detroit and Atlanta to go home and then voting started again. Sorry Shuck but that did happen, and it was against the law.

Maybe because the legislature is required by the constitution to set voting rules and law, and it was bypassed by non elected officials and judges.

I don't believe Biden won fair and square . When half your electorate has serious doubts and confidence in the vote ,then the Republic is in trouble. My friends on the left here do you not want me and others at the end of election night to tip our hats to the winner and accept the results when it's not our candidate? That's how America works.
Wow. There are STILL believers in The Big Lie.

One thing we agree on, the Republic is in trouble

Reactions: Poolside Knight

Because it’s constitutional and makes more sense?

People rationalized Jim Crow laws too. I wonder if some of those laws were proposed today how far some people would go before they drew the line.

The fact is that in a healthy democracy voting is encouraged not discouraged.win with better ideas not suppression.
People also rationalized laws about women not being allowed to vote, but that also has no relevance here as the bill has nothing to do with Jim Crow. Jim Crow has become a phrase people use to scare the mentally susceptible into believing that a thing is racist and not enacting with that thing based on the merits of that things. In other words, it is a fallacy. A fallacy of motive.
We should enact laws that allow the greatest number of people to vote, but also make sure that elections aren’t compromised by allowing massive opportunities for fraud.

People also rationalized laws about women not being allowed to vote, but that also has no relevance here as the bill has nothing to do with Jim Crow. Jim Crow has become a phrase people use to scare the mentally susceptible into believing that a thing is racist and not enacting with that thing based on the merits of that things. In other words, it is a fallacy. A fallacy of motive.
We should enact laws that allow the greatest number of people to vote, but also make sure that elections aren’t compromised by allowing massive opportunities for fraud.
And right now voter fraud is nearly 0% and turnout is only about 60%

What area needs improvement? I know, we should make sure people who don't bring their own water because they didn't realize the line was going to be 6 hours have to stand thirsty in order to cast a vote. That will take the nearly 0% voter fraud number even lower.

Reactions: UCFCray
the fact that fellow Knights are defending this shit....especially the water ban JFC

it is no surprise areas w high African American turnouts are immediately being targeted by Republicans

Reactions: UCFCray
and I do not get the people that complain about no excuse VBM , even w the uneven signature match rules I did it for the first time last year for the Congress primary and Gen Election & loved it. Every State should use the Colorado model

bunch of conspiracy nuts creating policy , hopefully the Voting Rights Act blows up the filibuster

Reactions: firm_bizzle
Whether you think making people less comfortable to wait in a voting line will lead to decreased voter turnout (it will). I think we can all agree that there should be sufficient polling stations and processes in place where nobody is forced to wait for hours in line to cast a vote. Maybe an option to to get an advanced ballot (either pick up or by mail) that you fill out and then if voting in person all you need to do is the identity verification portion when you arrive rather than the time consuming process to fill out. Even if not everybody did this method it would decrease the demand for the booths and they would be able to get more people through more efficiently.

ratings are down bc it has been a year from hell with a pandemic , social unrest, and an election . people need a break from cable news , Fox News goes back to number 1 by default bc old people rage watch
Despite the apparent bias to get a preferred candidate elected by certain networks, the adversarial position is more profitable to the networks. Also combined with a president doing things less newsworthy (no pandemic strike force daily briefings) and one of the biggest sports event since the pandemic began and of course ratings will be down. I hope you aren’t watching Fox News or CNN for news anyway as those are opinion shows.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT