ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia Antivoting Law

A police officer being mistaken about whether or not he was committing a crime is not institutional racism.
WTF? What police officer -- representing the department -- informs a mother that her son has died during the commission of a crime? Are you telling me you honestly believe an officer goes out and does that kind of thing on his own??!?

And pray tell, what crime was her son in the process of committing? There was ZERO EVIDENCE that this jogger was anything other than an innocent victim of two gun-toting, neighborhood vigilantes.

If you think this level of corruption and cover-up lies with the COVID outbreak and a single 'mistaken' police officer, I've got some 'prime real estate' to sell you in the Everglades.

A police officer being mistaken about whether or not he was committing a crime is not institutional racism.
anytime a white dude screws a minority it's institutional racism.** That's how it works. When that's really just called Racism or maybe even a mistake (not sure).

Whereas using the definition in Wikipedia says something totally different:

There is nothing embedded in the laws or power structure that made the DA not act in behalf of the victim. The DA was just either stupid, incompetent, or trying to help a family friend. Makes him incompetent at his job.

Even if we say, yes that's institutional racism, what is a politician going to do to fix the issue?
1) Change the DA structure so it's appointed by a politician, way higher possibility of corruption
2) Remove the DA structure entirely, not sure how you do that
3) Write legislation to have multiple DAs in multiple counties review all murders, maybe? but probably inefficient.

Goes back to the point that the democrats are selling people a solution that doesn't exist. They can't "fix institutional racism" cuz it A) doesn't exist B) if a person thinks it does, it can't be fixed by a politician.

Happy to hear solutions.

Reactions: Knight In TN
WTF? What police officer -- representing the department -- informs a mother that her son has died during the commission of a crime? Are you telling me you honestly believe an officer goes out and does that kind of thing on his own??!?

And pray tell, what crime was her son in the process of committing? There was ZERO EVIDENCE that this jogger was anything other than an innocent victim of two gun-toting, neighborhood vigilantes.

If you think this level of corruption and cover-up lies with the COVID outbreak and a single 'mistaken' police officer, I've got some 'prime real estate' to sell you in the Everglades.
so a shitty/terrible Cop is an example of institutional racism? I think you need to define institutional racism for the board, so we can become more enlightened.

There is nothing embedded in the laws or power structure that made the DA not act in behalf of the victim.
So if there was no institutional racism involved in this case, how was this allowed to happen then?

Are you going to tell us with a straight face that if the jogger had been the White, Assistant Manager of the local bank the outcome would have been the same?

The same laws, the same power structure, and the same "connections" between the DA's office and one of the murder suspects would have produced the same two-month news void followed by the same 'citizens' arrest' declaration which leads to the same outcome as we witnessed with Ahmaud Arbery?

So if there was no institutional racism involved in this case, how was this allowed to happen then?

Are you going to tell us with a straight face that if the jogger had been the White, Assistant Manager of the local bank the outcome would have been the same?

The same laws, the same power structure, and the same "connections" between the DA's office and one of the murder suspects would have produced the same two-month news void followed by the same 'citizens' arrest' declaration which leads to the same outcome as we witnessed with Ahmaud Arbery?
How did it happen in KY w/ Breona Taylor? Black AG.

Also what do you make of the George Zimmerman thing. Hispanic shooter, black victim. Zimmerman gets off. I believe it took MONTHS to indict Zimmerman.

Hmmmm...let's THINK about this one for a second. Shuck here is talking about institutionalized racism versus your 'it's all individual acts of racism' take.

So pointing to a Black AG, helps your argument...um, how exactly?
ok, making progress. So you're saying the DA/AG structure is racist in someway? Like an overwhelming amount of DAs/GAs are less willing to prosecute crimes against black people?

ok, making progress. So you're saying the DA/AG structure is racist in someway?
Isn't it weird that people of color are overrepresented across all stages of the criminal justice system in relationship to their share of the population.

A Massachusetts study found that Black folks are locked up at a rate nearly 8 times that of White people and Latinos at 4.9 times that of their White counterparts.

But, I suppose, all this stuff just means us Whites are more law-abiding, right? :)

Isn't it weird that people of color are overrepresented across all stages of the criminal justice system in relationship to their share of the population.

A Massachusetts study found that Black folks are locked up at a rate nearly 8 times that of White people and Latinos at 4.9 times that of their White counterparts.

But, I suppose, all this stuff just means us Whites are more law-abiding, right? :)
Correlation does not equal causation. I'm happy you posted something from Mass which is overly democrat, I wonder why they haven't fixed it? Maybe you can explain why Baltimore also has mass black incarceration with black mayors, black DAs, black AGs, etc etc

I honestly do not know the answer to your question and it's multi faceted:
1) Black people are more far more likely to grow up in poverty which increases the likelihood of committing a crime
2) Black people grow up in broken homes (single parent) at a far higher rate than any other minority, which also increases the likelihood
3) Black people for over 200 years in this country were marginalized and viewed as less than (through the late 1980s and 90s, depending on where you lived).
4) Black people in general value education and the educational system less than their minority counterparts like Asians, Indians, Hispanics.
5) Black people, like Hispanics, are less likely to enter STEM programs in school (I see this working in engineering where we try to recruit hispanics and blacks all the time, while educating children in grade school)

You could go on and on, and those are those are assumptions that can be reached after looking at statistics.

Obviously a major reason why black people are starting from behind is that they have been marginalized in the past, for centuries. However, note that a majority of the black people that struggle in this country are those who's grandparents and great grandparents lived here. It's not the black immigrants from the topical/caribbean islands or those that come directly from African nations like Nigeria (1st or 2nd Gen American). May have less to do with skin color than it does with cultural differences.

Reactions: fabknight
Correlation does not equal causation. I'm happy you posted something from Mass which is overly democrat, I wonder why they haven't fixed it? Maybe you can explain why Baltimore also has mass black incarceration with black mayors, black DAs, black AGs, etc etc

I honestly do not know the answer to your question and it's multi faceted:
1) Black people are more far more likely to grow up in poverty which increases the likelihood of committing a crime
2) Black people grow up in broken homes (single parent) at a far higher rate than any other minority, which also increases the likelihood
3) Black people for over 200 years in this country were marginalized and viewed as less than (through the late 1980s and 90s, depending on where you lived).
4) Black people in general value education and the educational system less than their minority counterparts like Asians, Indians, Hispanics.
5) Black people, like Hispanics, are less likely to enter STEM programs in school (I see this working in engineering where we try to recruit hispanics and blacks all the time, while educating children in grade school)

You could go on and on, and those are those are assumptions that can be reached after looking at statistics.

Obviously a major reason why black people are starting from behind is that they have been marginalized in the past, for centuries. However, note that a majority of the black people that struggle in this country are those who's grandparents and great grandparents lived here. It's not the black immigrants from the topical/caribbean islands or those that come directly from African nations like Nigeria (1st or 2nd Gen American). May have less to do with skin color than it does with cultural differences.
Check out Black Rednecks and White Liberals by Thomas Sowell. Really interesting read about that topic.

Reactions: djrenown
Black people for over 200 years in this country were marginalized and viewed as less than...
Well, I'll be damned. I'm guessing this meant there was some institutional racism going on back then, huh?
... (through the late 1980s and 90s, depending on where you lived).
Whew, glad to hear we wrapped up that racism issue somewhere in the 1990s. :)

Well, I'll be damned. I'm guessing this meant there was some institutional racism going on back then, huh?

Whew, glad to hear we wrapped up that racism issue somewhere in the 1990s. :)
I didn't know people were saying there has never been government instituted racism ever. I guess I don't have friends around those circle.

A majority of the most punitive laws towards blacks, at a federal level, in this country were removed in the 60s and 70s. Of course, states do what states do, so there's always been some "shadyness". However, the bastions of liberal thought in America, SF, NYC, Chicago, Baltimore, Boston, etc have struggled with mass incarceration of black people as much as highly conservative cities, which proves one political ideology has not solved this problem.

Again, democrats selling you a solution they don't have. If they did, there wouldn't be 10s of shootings every weekend in the city I live in, Chicago, which currently has a black and lesbian Mayor and has been under democrat control since 1931 and minority run for 19 of the last 33 years.

Hey, but maybe Joey B has the answer.

I didn't know people were saying there has never been government instituted racism ever. I guess I don't have friends around those circle.

A majority of the most punitive laws towards blacks, at a federal level, in this country were removed in the 60s and 70s. Of course, states do what states do, so there's always been some "shadyness". However, the bastions of liberal thought in America, SF, NYC, Chicago, Baltimore, Boston, etc have struggled with mass incarceration of black people as much as highly conservative cities, which proves one political ideology has not solved this problem.

Again, democrats selling you a solution they don't have. If they did, there wouldn't be 10s of shootings every weekend in the city I live in, Chicago, which currently has a black and lesbian Mayor and has been under democrat control since 1931 and minority run for 19 of the last 33 years.

Hey, but maybe Joey B has the answer.
Well said.

Shook likes to condescendingly and sarcastically comment on things because he thinks he’s making a really smart point, but it’s usually just a straw man and it’s never really insightful.

Looks like Abrams pressures the MLB commissioner into moving the All Star game. Hopefully this means she will never be governor of Georgia. Of course, we also have the guy that said Guam might tip over because of the military base, so it’s not like this is a particularly informed electorate making wise decisions.

MLB was in a no-win situation. It was either move the game or see a sizable number of All-Star players bail from the game in protest.
Right, because none of them had threatened to do that. They didn’t even get more than half of the Players Alliance on a call to discuss it. MLB caved to pressure from Democrats, not to a groundswell from players.

The reality is that the left has started fighting political wars on a cultural front, and the simple fact of the matter is they’re trying to seize on momentum from the 2020 general and 2021 runoff to swing as many ignorant people as possible to the left by lying about what Republicans in GA actually passed.

They’re doing that by telling complete lies about the bill and feeding ridiculous social media outrage to lean on corporations to do what they want.

Right, because none of them had threatened to do that.
I recall one of the cable networks (CNN?) saying the MLB decision was a proactive move to keep the lead-up to the game being about players deciding to boycott the game in protest.

You're being naive if you believe that wasn't a distinct possibility.

MLB was in a no-win situation. It was either move the game or see a sizable number of All-Star players bail from the game in protest.
It probably would t even be talked about in June or perhaps by then the propaganda machine would have slowed on it. It’s kind of like BLM and how support waned when the hyperbole died down. It takes time to get to the truth after the screaming banshees of the media stop trying to get our attention with whatever new divisive fear based mythology they’ve created.

It takes time to get to the truth after the screaming banshees of the media stop trying to get our attention with whatever new divisive fear based mythology they’ve created.
Divisive fear-based mythology? You mean like The Big Lie that led to the Georgia legislature's overreaction? :)

facepalm.png

When Jemele Hill is on your side you should always be double checking if you're on the right side.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT