ADVERTISEMENT

GME

Bought 100 shares at 88 yesterday morning but sold at 100 because it was too volitile for me while I was trying to work. Big regrets.

What caused the unreal spike?
Some dude noticed that that there more shares being shorted than actually exist, so he bought 10,000 shares to create an even bigger shortage. He brought it up on a reddit board and a bunch of people jumped on it as well. Now the hedge funds that were committed have no choice but to pay whatever it takes to cover those commitments.

zl5mmGv.png

From his latest update. Honestly it's moronic that he hasn't cashed out yet.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
I see where one hedge fund is already saying they are going to have to be bailed out.

Many reddit posters are about to be very wealthy and they'll be looking for the next move. I would jump into some of these meme stocks if you missed the boat in GME.

$BB
$AMC
$NOK
$BBBY

Just hope one of these hits

Reactions: NinjaKnight
Many reddit posters are about to be very wealthy and they'll be looking for the next move. I would jump into some of these meme stocks if you missed the boat in GME.

$BB
$AMC
$NOK
$BBBY

I'll bet AMC will be next. Its so satisfying seeing a bunch of nobody traders taking down these a-holes.

Reactions: major.tom.foolery
I'll bet AMC will be next. Its so satisfying seeing a bunch of nobody traders taking down these a-holes.
I foolishly bought 500 AMC last March when it crashed during the initial shut downs thinking they'd quickly open back up. Finally almost a year later getting a nice return on that stupid play.

I foolishly bought 500 AMC last March when it crashed during the initial shut downs thinking they'd quickly open back up. Finally almost a year later getting a nice return on that stupid play.
Just like gamestop, I'll bet AMC never comes back. Kind of nice to see people being able to make money off of the people trying to take advantage of it.

Just like gamestop, I'll bet AMC never comes back. Kind of nice to see people being able to make money off of the people trying to take advantage of it.
As cool as it is to see a movie in the theaters, it's just as big a hassle. I bought a projector and built a media room (still looking for the right theater seating.) But, short of a popcorn machine we're just don't need to drop $50 that experience anymore.

I saw one theater was letting you do your own private movie night for a couple hundred bucks. If that's where the industry is at AMC is going to go out like drive ins and blockbuster.

Reactions: Crazyhole
As cool as it is to see a movie in the theaters, it's just as big a hassle. I bought a projector and built a media room (still looking for the right theater seating.) But, short of a popcorn machine we're just don't need to drop $50 that experience anymore.

I saw one theater was letting you do your own private movie night for a couple hundred bucks. If that's where the industry is at AMC is going to go out like drive ins and blockbuster.
Yep. I know we've had this conversation before, but its worth repeating: it's no coincidence that every major movie production company has signed a contract with a streaming provider. This started happening before the pandemic so the foundation was already being set for a conversion to home streaming. I used to own a video store so this is very familiar to me.

Ha! There are calls from 2 hedgefund managers to get the SEC to step in and declare this whole thing as being illegal. Sorry guys, reddit is a public forum so this isn't insider trading.

Reactions: UCFCray
Ha! There are calls from 2 hedgefund managers to get the SEC to step in and declare this whole thing as being illegal. Sorry guys, reddit is a public forum so this isn't insider trading.
I am absolutely loving seeing these funds trying to push back against retail investors making money. Chamath Palihapitiya on CNBC talking right now calling out the funds shorting > 100% of shares and how it's blowing up in their face. Inject this into my veins.

Reactions: Crazyhole
I am absolutely loving seeing these funds trying to push back against retail investors making money. Chamath Palihapitiya on CNBC talking right now calling out the funds shorting > 100% of shares and how it's blowing up in their face. Inject this into my veins.
GME is now over 20 billion in market cap. Thats like double what it was 15 years ago and they've closed half their stores. This could trigger a total collapse in the market, which isn't funny but I'm still laughing.

Reactions: UCFCray
14 days ago GMEs market cap was 155 million, now its at 23 billion. Holy crap that is a huge hit to the shorts, figuratively and literally, lol. I dont know where their positions were exactly, but I see where there were over 125% of shares committed so this could be a 25-30 billion dollar hit. Some were as low as 34 cents.

$BB
$AMC
$NOK
$BBBY

Up huge in these in only a few hours. Get in on the ground floor here.

Whats the over/under on number of hours before this thing goes to 2 bucks once the shorts are fulfilled?

Everything is fine. We have a female secretary of the treasury. Bwahahahahahahahahahaha!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT