ADVERTISEMENT

GME

Based on not allowing them to buy a particular stock and saving their customers money?
Stop being a moron.
This is the greatest example in history of American Capitalism being a sham, and you still can't pull the wall street dick from your mouth.

Reactions: Crazyhole
Capitalism created everything great that you enjoy on a regular basis. Don't let gamestop gamblers make it seem like Capitalism doesn't work. Proven to work time and time again.
Get the dick out yo mouth. It is failing right before your eyes and you still can't bring yourself to admit it.

They're still shorting the same stock dumb shit. Still 140%
It seems to me that its pretty immoral to profit off of a company thats going out of business. Yeah, its a part of market fundamentals but it still doesn't seem right.

It seems to me that its pretty immoral to profit off of a company thats going out of business. Yeah, its a part of market fundamentals but it still doesn't seem right.
They borrow money to sell shares they don't own to tank the price so they can actually pay for the stock when the price is lower. It should just be illegal. There is no economic gain with forcing a company out of business. All the money made comes from other people's losses.

They're still shorting the same stock dumb shit. Still 140%
...and they were doing it with their 0% interest rates and COVID bailouts while ordinary Americans get their $600 stimmies. The crooks are being exposed and still people refuse to notice.

Are you 10? Its actually not failing. Hedge funds didn't count on buying of garbage stocks. I doubt you see over 50% short interest soon especially in low market cap companies. Markets like always fix itself.
What part of preventing investors from making purchases in a coordinated effort to minimize losses to hedge funds caught with their pants down screams "capitalism" to you? This isn't the market fixing itself...

"It's just a way of attacking wealthy people... we all gotta work together and pull together."

Sure dude... come together to help the wealthy short holders getting eaten alive, but otherwise when it's business as usual you gotta use your bootstraps to pull yourself up.

These are real people, people with 3 or 4 private jets, that are losing money. Something had to be done to protect their nesting doll yachts.

Reactions: UCFCray
I'm honestly thinking about shifting my 401k and IRA funds to bonds today, for the next couple weeks. This GME thing could have some serious repercussions if brokers and banks get hit.

It all comes down to one thing, have the hedge funds covered their short positions already? If they haven't, which is what people are expecting, then this is all just the beginning. If they have, nothingburger.

What part of preventing investors from making purchases in a coordinated effort to minimize losses to hedge funds caught with their pants down screams "capitalism" to you? This isn't the market fixing itself...
Not to mention that the 200 point drop in GME on Thursday was all caused by market attacks. 200 point drop, with no volume in trading? It was the hedge funds trading back and forth trying to get investors scared enough to sell. They are trying everything in their handbook.

Reactions: hemightbejeremy
The stock dropping doesn't force the company out of business unless they rely on secondary offerings to survive. If the company does well the shorts eventually have to cover. You can't short sell a company out of business. The only part I think a change in the rules should be the outstanding short float shouldn't be allowed to go over 30% of outstanding shares. The borrowing costs on these companies are extremely high so that usually prevents crazy short float % though. I'm not sure how 138% short float made sense to hedge funds on a low market cap company. Surprised this hasn't happened before.
Shorting a company causes an artificial drop in share price which triggers other sales. There is no economic value gained through this mechanism of the market.

The stock dropping doesn't force the company out of business unless they rely on secondary offerings to survive. If the company does well the shorts eventually have to cover. You can't short sell a company out of business. The only part I think a change in the rules should be the outstanding short float shouldn't be allowed to go over 30% of outstanding shares. The borrowing costs on these companies are extremely high so that usually prevents crazy short float % though. I'm not sure how 138% short float made sense to hedge funds on a low market cap company. Surprised this hasn't happened before.

30% is a little low. The shorts aren't all concentrated, usually. There is an equilibrium somewhere...

I still can't imagine they haven't covered their shorts, yet. That's why I haven't jumped in. I imagine Monday morning, GME is going to open at 90, and this will all be fizzled out with a bunch of noobs losing their money.

30% is a little low. The shorts aren't all concentrated, usually. There is an equilibrium somewhere...

I still can't imagine they haven't covered their shorts, yet. That's why I haven't jumped in. I imagine Monday morning, GME is going to open at 90, and this will all be fizzled out with a bunch of noobs losing their money.
Retail investment vehicles have ensured sell pressure only so any spike increase is likely due to a short squeeze.

Unless gamestop has some new business model they are going under $90 when the hype is over and reddit users move on. Nobody knows exactly when the musical chairs will stop. What is happening is new short positions keep getting started. Looking at the put prices they are expecting about a $170 drop in the price next week just to break even from that option trade.

That's why this thing going viral is going to be the failure of it. When it was just reddit guys, they could control it and hold. With normies getting involved, they are going to panic and sell. The key is holding. It might be a couple months for the full squeeze. The longer out the options are, the better for the hedge funds, unless the reddit guys hold.

After an initial open that was 160 points up from yesterday's close, GME has been surprisingly stable so far.

Is this the Biden economy? Market tanks outside of garbage companies. Lol
My portfolio is fine today. If you are in broad stocks and not hedged with gold you are playing this hyper inflated market incorrectly.

Also the market has little to do with the economy and more to do with the interest rate cuts and trillions of dollars of liquidity pumped into the system.

Reactions: chemmie
Is this the Biden economy? Market tanks outside of garbage companies. Lol
This has more to do with financial deregulation and 0% interest rates, and zero to do with Biden. So, once again, Republicans done f*cked up.

The market is down 2%. If you're diversified you're likely down today. It was a joke anyway with mostly garbage like AMC and Gamestop rising.
If the end result was a down market, the 'joke' wasn't all that funny.

It did highlight yet again how vulnerable the world's financial markets are in this high-tech trading era.

It won't stay this high for long. Trading with a $20 billion dollar valuation now with a company with declining sales, losing money, etc.
No, obviously not. As soon as all of the shorts are covered I'm sure it will decline pretty rapidly, but even then there will be a lot of money to be made as it comes down.

Please tell me you're joking. Stay away from this garbage. Gaming is moving to streaming. They have a limited niche which is declining.
It’s cute that you think stock prices in today’s market are in any way indicative of a company’s value.

Please tell me you're joking. Stay away from this garbage. Gaming is moving to streaming. They have a limited niche which is declining.
This has nothing to do with GameStop as a company. It could have been BuildABear, Twitch, Darden, Arby's, or any other company. It was all about the illegal short position hedge funds have chosen, and the illegal efforts to protect them after it was found out.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
Pump and dump AMC and GME taking it on the chin. The wolf of wall street guy was pumping GME a few days ago. All you need to know. Unfortunately only those few reddit users make it out with cash.
Liberals should love this. It's been a 22 billion dollar redistribution of wealth. Far more efficient than taxing the rich.

Down $125 today as of now. So much for reddit users "holding the line". Or wolf of wall street pushing it. Just another boiler room stock pump and dump.
Price can only go down. Nobody is allowed to buy except hedge funds to cover their shorts.

Did the game stop now?
Nope. The smart money is now positioned and trading will be opened up completely to the day traders. Wall Street will recover their short losses now. Stay the heck away from this stock now, the money that could be made, has been made.

I would never buy this garbage at these levels. Shorting a stock with a 130% short float is suicide too

Maybe I buy at $2.00?

I wouldnt buy it now, but a lot of people made money during this whole thing, not really sure why you seem so upset about this.

Unless there is a business model change, gamestop might not exist in 5 years.
Agree. But it isn't going to $4 anytime soon and they did 40% of their sales online. No reason to doubt they can't make the switch to an online business model.

Once you see memes to buy stocks and stupid emojis from non financial hacks is time to run and hide.

🚀🚀🚀
🌚🌚🌚
💎💎💎💎🙌
Only a paper hands bitch would do that!!!

I could care less, a bunch of millionaires got one over on the Billionaires that usually screw them.

This guy took his stimulus money and actually cashed out of the gambling at $36k. Not bad for a small time investment.

How many people lost their stimulus money gambling though?

That's some bullshit right there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT