ADVERTISEMENT

Gofundme billboard

So far I have six people willing to contribute a total of $450 with one additional person willing to contribute an undetermined amount (they did not say how much). That's way short of what is needed.

I will set up the gofundme later today if we can get the commitment level up to $900. With my personal financial situation, I cannot take the financial risk of doing the billboard without at least $900 of commitments.

So far I have six people willing to contribute a total of $450 with one additional person willing to contribute an undetermined amount (they did not say how much). That's way short of what is needed.

I will set up the gofundme later today if we can get the commitment level up to $900. With my personal financial situation, I cannot take the financial risk of doing the billboard without at least $900 of commitments.
Post the link when it is up and ill send mine in

Reactions: ucfversusbcs

I'll put $50 in.

Reactions: GoKnights2003

Put me in for another $30 ($50 tot).

I'd like to see a billboard or SI Cover or something with Shaquem on a throne being crowned as the champ or like wearing a boxing belt title and mugging as the People's Champion.

There is only one spot available on one digital billboard in Downtown Atlanta for one day (Monday..the day of the game). All other digital billboards are sold out for the upcoming weekend.

Cost would be about $1,150. I would need this fully funded before I sign a contract with the billboard company. If someone else submits a contract before I do, we would lose the opportunity.

WMg4Ua8.jpg
Could you see if UCF football (2017 National Champs) would like to get involved for the board design? ... Their National Champs logo is excellent:

FULLIMAGE_1333841.jpg

Reactions: GoKnights2003
Is this the same billboard SquareKnight posted earlier? If the idea is for it to be in Atlanta and seen by the most amount of people I would pick a different one. Anything right on the interstate will be much more effective. As others have posted why not put it heading west on I-20 or north on I-85 for AL and UGA fans? Or put it near the airport for media members?

Let's place that ad on top of the Orlando Metlife blimp and fly that mofo at an altitude between the Goodyear and the MB Stadium.

#BlimpWorthy

Some people thought the latest versions sounded a little too much like we were begging people to vote us #1 so I made a few modifications. The few people that have seen these two options seem to like the bottom one the best.

TI8eWNw.jpg

JX8Whlx.jpg

F*** #$!&*$! D*** $@!&%$ Sh** AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

The billboard company will not run the ad. They changed their mind and do not want to "upset" their guests this week.

Give me some time to calm down and retrieve the phone I threw into the other room and we'll figure it if there are any alternatives.

F*** #$!&*$! D*** $@!&%$ Sh** AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

The billboard company will not run the ad. They changed their mind and do not want to "upset" their guests this week.

Give me some time to calm down and retrieve the phone I threw into the other room and we'll figure it if there are any alternatives.

UCF AGAINST THE WORLD!!!

Reactions: ucfversusbcs

That sucks big time...but maybe this, in itself, is newsworthy. Perhaps the sentinel would do a write up on it?

Would bring attention to it even without the ad going up.

That sucks big time...but maybe this, in itself, is newsworthy. Perhaps the sentinel would do a write up on it?

Would bring attention to it even without the ad going up.
Call the Atlanta talk shows. Maybe theyll care.

EDIT - i can see how they don't want to offend Georgia Bulldog fans of their chance of national title since 1984. Its almost in their backyard.

Ok, forget the banner, we'll drop leaflets all over the city from a plane.

Offer more money? Everyone has a price! I just donated $25

Outfront Media.

Clear Channel had a digital billboard, but they keep tacking on restrictions on what it can say for the same reasons.

Please don't get angry with me...but UCF wants us to do something different...and I fully understand and support their reasoning.

Thank You Atlanta, You Treated UCF Fans So Well!
or
Thank You Atlanta, UCF Fans Had A Great Time!

UCF feels that everything is about PERFECT right now and going so well, with positive feedback from most in the media, that they don't want to put something so "in your face" in Atlanta. The things UCF recommended are a way to remind people that UCF is still in the conversation, but in a very polite and indirect way.

If anybody who donated wants a refund, the total donations were over $1,500...so we can afford to lose about $400 and still be OK.

I also had another idea for a billboard in the city of the winner of Mondays game that I was going to discus with UCF...

Something along the lies of "Congratulations Alabama, UCF Fans would love to schedule a home-and-home series!"

How's this ... "First Big XII, now SEC ... losing to UCF, especially in NYBowls, is the norm, not the exception."

The original billboard company also refused to run any of the three ad concepts we sent them. Don't want to upset their visitors or people at U Georgia.

A second billboard company also put so many restrictions on the content, we really couldn't do anything.

Airspace could be restricted also with the Donald coming. We need boots on the ground to make this happen. Atlanta alumni, mount up!

Reactions: UCFBS
Atlanta Knights could show up to their pre game show with gameday like signs if they are doing it outside which they might not be since it's been so cold up there

Reactions: Square Knight
The original billboard company also refused to run any of the three ad concepts we sent them. Don't want to upset their visitors or people at U Georgia.

A second billboard company also put so many restrictions on the content, we really couldn't do anything.

Curious who their political affiliation is with and which competing political news media can claim first amendment rights lol.**

I've been neglecting my business the last day or two, so this is my last post of the business day.

UCF (the school, not the athletic department) may be setting up a similar "Thank You Atlanta" campaign for the game. So, I think not doing any billboard in Atlanta is the way to go and exploring the idea of the billboard in the winner's city saying...

"Congratulations Alabama (Or Georgia), UCF Fans would love to play a home-and-home series!"

It would keep UCF in the spotlight for a short period after the championship game.

Reactions: UCFBS
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT