ADVERTISEMENT

Gofundme billboard

Outfront Media.

Clear Channel had a digital billboard, but they keep tacking on restrictions on what it can say for the same reasons.

Please don't get angry with me...but UCF wants us to do something different...and I fully understand and support their reasoning.

Thank You Atlanta, You Treated UCF Fans So Well!
or
Thank You Atlanta, UCF Fans Had A Great Time!

UCF feels that everything is about PERFECT right now and going so well, with positive feedback from most in the media, that they don't want to put something so "in your face" in Atlanta. The things UCF recommended are a way to remind people that UCF is still in the conversation, but in a very polite and indirect way.

If anybody who donated wants a refund, the total donations were over $1,500...so we can afford to lose about $400 and still be OK.

I also had another idea for a billboard in the city of the winner of Mondays game that I was going to discus with UCF...

Something along the lies of "Congratulations Alabama, UCF Fans would love to schedule a home-and-home series!"
Did they give permission to use the logo?

Any pushback for something like this:
thumb.aspx

o-38+t-79259256+p-035591269782+z-9-3582614059

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
... "Congratulations Alabama (Or Georgia), UCF Fans would love to play a home-and-home series!"
Yes, I like that ...

"Congratulations to both Alabama and Georgia! Call me (to schedule 2018+)" -- Sincerely, UCF

Outfront Media.

Clear Channel had a digital billboard, but they keep tacking on restrictions on what it can say for the same reasons.

Please don't get angry with me...but UCF wants us to do something different...and I fully understand and support their reasoning.

Thank You Atlanta, You Treated UCF Fans So Well!
or
Thank You Atlanta, UCF Fans Had A Great Time!

UCF feels that everything is about PERFECT right now and going so well, with positive feedback from most in the media, that they don't want to put something so "in your face" in Atlanta. The things UCF recommended are a way to remind people that UCF is still in the conversation, but in a very polite and indirect way.

If anybody who donated wants a refund, the total donations were over $1,500...so we can afford to lose about $400 and still be OK.

I also had another idea for a billboard in the city of the winner of Mondays game that I was going to discus with UCF...

Something along the lies of "Congratulations Alabama, UCF Fans would love to schedule a home-and-home series!"
More proof that UCFAA reads this message board

There is only one spot available on one digital billboard in Downtown Atlanta for one day (Monday..the day of the game). All other digital billboards are sold out for the upcoming weekend.

Cost would be about $1,150. I would need this fully funded before I sign a contract with the billboard company. If someone else submits a contract before I do, we would lose the opportunity.

WMg4Ua8.jpg
Tell us where to send. Geesh i've been buying shirts left and right! Im in for more, certainly would reach a ton if we can all get in on it.

F*** #$!&*$! D*** $@!&%$ Sh** AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

The billboard company will not run the ad. They changed their mind and do not want to "upset" their guests this week.

Give me some time to calm down and retrieve the phone I threw into the other room and we'll figure it if there are any alternatives.
Just saw this. Damn.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
Options for the contributed money:

1. If you don't like either of the ideas below, I can refund your contribution. Email me your name and I will cross check it with the contributor database on GoFundMe. If you have PayPal I can refund that way. If not, well figure out something else.

2. I am working on a concept for a billboard in the city of the winner of the "playoff game." As an example, something along the lines of "Congratulations Alabama! UCF fans would love to play a home and home series against you." I like it for several reasons...
  • It would keep the UCF conversation going a little extra even after the "championship: game.
  • It somewhat trolls the top P5 teams on their scheduling practices.
  • It compliments Danny White's comments on ESPN that UCF will schedule a home and home with any P5 team.
  • It is the kind of message that would not cause any backlash with the media people that currently support UCF's national championship claim.
Anyone is welcome to submit ideas and anyone with graphic design skills is welcome to submit ideas EARLY (not at the last minute).

3. If we do not do another billboard, or if there is money left over after doing a billboard, we can make contributions to the Football Excellence Fund in the name of one or more of the following people...Paul Finebaum, Kirby Hocutt, Bill Hancock

1. If you don't like either of the ideas below, I can refund your contribution. Email me your name and I will cross check it with the contributor database on GoFundMe. If you have PayPal I can refund that way. If not, well figure out something else.

2. I am working on a concept for a billboard in the city of the winner of the "playoff game." As an example, something along the lines of "Congratulations Alabama! UCF fans would love to play a home and home series against you." I like it for several reasons...
  • It would keep the UCF conversation going a little extra even after the "championship: game.
  • It compliments Danny White's comments on ESPN that UCF will schedule a home and home with any P5 team.
  • It is the kind of message that would not cause any backlash with the media people that currently support UCF's national championship claim.
Anyone is welcome to submit ideas and anyone with graphic design skills is welcome to submit ideas EARLY (not at the last minute).

3. If we do not do another billboard, or if there is money left over after doing a billboard, we can make contributions to the Football Excellence Fund in the name of one or more of the following people...Paul Finebaum, Kirby Hocutt, Bill Hancock

#2 option gets my vote, put pressure and bring to light their scaredy cat scheduling practices so we can end that garbage argument against us that we don't make attempts to schedule top privileged 5 programs.

Reactions: Square Knight
No. UCF regular marketing dept (not the athletic dept) was planning to put some billboards in Atlanta saying something like "Thank You Atlanta."

Until I see a picture of the actual billboard, I am guessing it says something like that.
I haven’t seen a picture but I’m willing to bet it’s more than that considering the guys reaction in the tweet.

Much better. You might want to try a gold (or maybe white) background with black letters for UCF. That would keep the red on black for Alabama from overpowering the gold on black for UCF.

If you have money leftover how about we do this specifically finebaum.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT