ADVERTISEMENT

Gold +6%, Stocks -15% - Did you get your hedge on yet?

Housing bubble. The longer the Fed dicks around with quarter point moves, the longer the bubble goes on. 🤦‍♀️

After this first rate hike, I expect the 10 year to blast off to 3%. All that liquidity got to go somewhere. Hmm. what's not in a bubble presently that offers a great inflation hedge?

Why do you keep writing "I expect" when you have been proved to have the track record of a below average frisbee?

Are you honestly so goddamn stupid that you think anyone takes your opinion seriously? A blind squirrel could pick better investment vehicles than you.

AmazingVainCobra-size_restricted.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Ucfmikes

Uh, over 60% of US households are surviving paycheck to paycheck. Psaki is gonna have to walk this one back.

What a disaster. Only a year into this....nothing is built, nothing is back, and nothing is better. I wonder if we have buyers remorse on the alleged 80 million Biden voters.
It isnt totally his fault, but his portion is growing rapidly.

Quit getting distracted. This thread is about how long term investment in a shiny metal is a disastrous financial strategy.
You expect that lead riddled dipshit to understand anything other than the 3rd grade level manufactured outrage spoon fed to him by fox news?

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Pro tip. If the chud news network Fox News is running commercials to invest in gold for the past 20 years, it’s not some super secret cutting edge winning financial strategy.

What does this have to do with an element that is flat in price for a decade?
I think the issue was Instagram censoring her, not the politics ... or in this case, Instagram itself being political, especially since it was clear satire. It's kinda amazing how Big Tech and the left has a real issue with satire and just wants to censor.

Good thing we didn't increase minimum wage though, otherwise prices might be going up.

Things looking good for a gold break out to all time highs. Right now, the gold miners are very cheap. I'm expecting a 30% pop here shortly.

Here are a few plays:

* SGSVF Sabina Gold - sitting on a shit load of gold near arctic Canada. Good takeover target if gold keeps going up

* KGC - Kinross Gold - has 20% of mine production in Russia. They are saying things are good to go still. Stock is cheap compared to peer, and Russia exposure overblown

* EDVMF - Endeavor Mining West African 1M+ producer. They new kid on the block for the majors. I love their management team. These guys produce! Nice dividend too and special dividends as well
Just checking in. If you had invested $10,000 distributed across your “plays”, you would now have $9,727. If you had simply invested in VTI you would now have $10,752.

Oil still hot at $110 along with Oil services. Copper and other mining stocks and commodities. We are in a long period of inflation. Buckle up!

BTW- the chuds that got $2,000 as a stimulus...the average family now is paying an extra $2,400 for inflation in the last year. Giving free money didn't work obviously. Instead of free money make the 49% that pay zero federal taxes at least have a bare minimum 5% rate. We need a fair share. 😀
Well lets be honest though. Had they not threw in the 2k per person stimulus, the bill would have only dropped about 15 to 20%. So inflation would still be run away, and people would have had 2k less to survive it. The better answer would be to kill everything else in the bill outside of the 2k per person, and save 80 to 85% of the spending.

Just checking in. If you had invested $10,000 distributed across your “plays”, you would now have $9,727. If you had simply invested in VTI you would now have $10,752.
You’d now have $9,698 playing the BK “plays” and $10,798 investing in the most basic us equities index fund (VTI).

Because you can't debate anything. You cut and paste nonsense by the minute. A complete neanderthal
100 % of your posts are garbage and nobody is reading them. An audience of zero!! 🦜🦜🦜🦜

Gas prices were rising well before the Ukraine invasion. He block new oil permits, pipelines, and created a system that is tough to deal with financing oil exploration.
That's been in the works for quite a while, not to mention the money printing that has created this inflation. He is a useful idiot, but its hard to say who exactly is using him to bring this to a head.

If you're not willing to drill and the population is increasing with more available cash (stimulus) then you get this mess.

He won't even do clean nuclear energy as a comprise. He has no realistic energy plan.
But you do realize that he isn't the one running the show, right?

Reactions: UCFBS
If you're not willing to drill and the population is increasing with more available cash (stimulus) then you get this mess.

He won't even do clean nuclear energy as a comprise. He has no realistic energy plan.
But you do realize that he isn't the one running the show, right?
Science certainly isn't. Otherwise we'd be building more Hydro instead of Wind.

Down from $68k when Ninja was patting himself on the back. 🤷‍♂️

Wokecoin isn't my thing. Inventing currencies with computer engineers and wasting energy isn't my idea of investing.
It’s no different from gold or the stock Ponzi scheme. The key is you have to take cues and know when to hold ‘em and when to fold em. Most trading is now done with computer algorithms. And they aren’t trading based on any underlying “value”.

Down from $68k when Ninja was patting himself on the back. 🤷‍♂️
Wokecoin isn't my thing. Inventing currencies with computer engineers and wasting energy isn't my idea of investing.
Totally with you there!

It’s no different from gold or the stock Ponzi scheme. The key is you have to take cues and know when to hold ‘em and when to fold em. Most trading is now done with computer algorithms. And they aren’t trading based on any underlying “value”.
Yes and no. Gold, yes. All of the rest of financial and banking? No.

I mean, I'm all for reducing the financial systems footprint, however ...

That's a lot of brick'n motar! And a lot of it is legacy! Consoldiation is happening, bringing footprint down more and more. And it's still only 2x all of crypto! That's quite a bit of 'energy value' over crypto!

Coming from the primary data center for a $146B regional bank, and just recently involved with the migration of its backup data center (I cannot go into it), there's still a lot of legacy. And a lot of it is green-powered now.

In fact ...

I'd argue it's still the insistence to not only run IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) -- i.e., Virtual Machines (VMs) instead of PaaS (Platform as a Service) -- i.e., Containers -- but then the insistence to have a single IaaS on VMware ESXi hosts (with vCenter) -- and then put Containers atop of them, when standalone PaaS exists, and can even be hosted.

E.g., even Microsoft Azure offers direct PaaS, like Red Hat OCP (OpenShift Container Platform).

I had this argument constantly too ... and have since OpenShift first appeared a dozen years ago, and worked just fine on bare metal, far, far more efficiently too. In fact, VMware -- out-of-the-box -- really sucks at it, and that's by design (VMware wants to push it's own PaaS acquisition).

E.g., our first PaaS implement was IBM Watson, which had no business going on IaaS, especially not VMware! It totally undermines the real-time+NPTL Linux that made Watson kick butt at Jeopardy.

I mean, Linux Kernel Virtual Machine (KVM) already destroys Linux+ESXi (in fact, VMware 'stole' the 'standalone hypervisor' for vSphere from oVirt) in performance, but there's no reason to run even oVirt (open source vSphere replacement w/KVM, aka RHV) in the first place!

In fact, OCP uses the same UI as RHV (oVirt w/SLAs), so there's no need for a wasteful VM layer, when the manager is little changed.

The thing is ... in the end-game, Crypto Curencies are orders of magnitude worse than old Brick'n Motor per exchange, and the latter is only getting more energy efficient.

Last edited:
Why are you bothering to respond to that absolute imbecile? He's the same inbred dipshit who said "covid would be gone and forgotten in a few weeks" back in 2020.

These people are just absolute idiots.

BTC is obviously the future, and when known morons who are wrong on everything like knighttime, BS and boston knock it, you know it's going to continue to take off.

More signs of hyperinflation. Goldman has gold at 2500 in 6 months. WOW. What Goldman wants, Goldman gets.

Gold price was $2050 on the day of this prediction (March 8). We are about 5 months into the 6 month prediction. Gold sits at $1766.15 today. A 14% loss. VTI is down 1.8%. Only need a 42% appreciation in gold in a bit over a month for this prediction to come true. More than likely though, you just invested in a shiny metal that can’t even outpace inflation over a long horizon.

• Haha
Reactions: NinjaKnight
Gold price was $2050 on the day of this prediction (March 8). We are about 5 months into the 6 month prediction. Gold sits at $1766.15 today. A 14% loss. VTI is down 1.8%. Only need a 42% appreciation in gold in a bit over a month for this prediction to come true. More than likely though, you just invested in a shiny metal that can’t even outpace inflation over a long horizon.
Why did he mysteriously disappear? 🤷‍♂️

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT