ADVERTISEMENT

GT vs UCF game

Absolutely not. You must not know our team that well. Or at least the running backs. They are ridiculous. Greg McRae has averaged 8 yards a carry and has ran for over 1,100 yards. 2 years ago and he’s healthy. He ran for 81 yards on 10 carries vs LSU with a stellar defense led by the defensive player of the year. He may not even be one of our best TWO running backs.

I don't see McCrae putting up his 2018 numbers. He was taking a step back even before the injury in mid October. In his four games vs. Cincy and Pitt in 18/19, he averaged 4.6 yards a carry.

Absolutely not. You must not know our team that well. Or at least the running backs. They are ridiculous. Greg McRae has averaged 8 yards a carry and has ran for over 1,100 yards. 2 years ago and he’s healthy. He ran for 81 yards on 10 carries vs LSU with a stellar defense led by the defensive player of the year. He may not even be one of our best TWO running backs.
Yessir. Also, beware of Bentavious' 2020 stepping up party!
I was just telling someone yesterday that if beat GT handily at their place, we should be able to start attracting and flipping FSU recruits going forward.
I agree. A few of them at least.

Reactions: Knight Strength
And I’d say you probably don’t know anything about our RB’s. They are probably the most talented in the Acc and top half in the country. Mason was one of the highest rated RB’s last year in the nation if I’m not mistaken. Averaging over 5 yards after contact. We also have a true freshman in Gibbs who was a top 100 player and another guy named Griffin and both of these guys could end up being better than Mason. But I’ll even give a push here because y’all do have good RB’s. Regardless team are pretty evenly matched imo.

Reactions: ElprofesorJuan
And I’d say you probably don’t know anything about our RB’s. They are probably the most talented in the Acc and top half in the country. Mason was one of the highest rated RB’s last year in the nation if I’m not mistaken. Averaging over 5 yards after contact. We also have a true freshman in Gibbs who was a top 100 player and another guy named Griffin and both of these guys could end up being better than Mason. But I’ll even give a push here because y’all do have good RB’s. Regardless team are pretty evenly matched imo.
Vegas strenuously disagrees with your take. But what do those idiots know anyway?

A couple of quick observations and tidbits

First of all, UCF has a top 5-10 QB/RB combination in ALL of college football and that’s being very modest.

Secondly, GT has exactly 1 DB in the NFL and he’s 28. Let’s not act like we’re going up against a bunch of NFL caliber guys. FSU had receivers open. Blackman just missed them because he sucks. FSU, who is terrible, could have easily won this game. They led nearly the entire game

GT having big DBs is going to be a DISADVANTAGE against our speed and quickness.

Lastly, Sims is going to throw 1–3 very costly INTs and I would not be one bit surprised if one is taken to the house.
Wait, so what GT has in the NFL for DB affects how good the current DB’s are? I don’t understand that logic. UCF doesn’t have any good NFL QB’s in the league so y’alls QB must not be NFL talent..... oh and GT has 3-4 guys who will probably play in the NFL that are in the secondary.

Secondly FSU could have easily won? I think you mean GT could have won bigger considering they outplayed FSU in almost every category.
Vegas strenuously disagrees with your take. But what do those idiots know anyway?
they disagreed with what happened last week by a larger margin as well.

Wait, so what GT has in the NFL for DB affects how good the current DB’s are? I don’t understand that logic. UCF doesn’t have any good NFL QB’s in the league so y’alls QB must not be NFL talent..... oh and GT has 3-4 guys who will probably play in the NFL that are in the secondary.

Secondly FSU could have easily won? I think you mean GT could have won bigger considering they outplayed FSU in almost every category.

I’m not going to act like I know about your dbs, but I think It’s a valid argument that if you don’t produce a lot of nfl dbs historically, you probably don’t have that many on your team. Like with UCF, we don’t have a ton of Nfl linebackers historically, so even though I think our linebackers are very good this year I doubt that we have 2 that go on and play in the nfl.

Except now they are disrespecting you AFTER watching you play. Says more about FSU than anything.

Wait, so what GT has in the NFL for DB affects how good the current DB’s are?
oh and GT has 3-4 guys who will probably play in the NFL that are in the secondary.
GT has one DB in the NFL and now ALL OF A SUDDEN they have 3 of NFL caliber. Yeah.., sure. A team that was picked 15/15 in the ACC all of a sudden has a position group that nearly tops in the COUNTRY. That argument has nothing to do with a QB or RB argument. Your DB’s are not of NFL caliber as FSU receivers were constantly open. Blackman missed them. Watch the replay.

Reactions: RunawayKnight
While you are right about us not understanding your Backs. Know this You have not seen all UCF running backs. This team from 2017 to now play as a family. UCF has developed a system. They may have lower-ranked players. Ucf has seen powerhouses Auburn and LSU. This is a better team than GT. UCf has developed a culture of winning. GT has begun this path. This is why UCF can Flex. I hope GT develops this as well. For now, Understand .UCF is hungry, always fighting together as a team They fight for a chance to be known. GT is just another Mountain to climb. Good Luck tomorrow

Had 899 yards and averaged 5.2 (5 yards after contact??????).

14-55 and 3.9 vs FSU. Come on
Yes, almost all his yards were after contact lol. He might have been like 4.8 or 4.9. That’s how bad our OL was last year haha. Check it out for yourself.

GT has one DB in the NFL and now ALL OF A SUDDEN they have 3 of NFL caliber. Yeah.., sure. A team that was picked 15/15 in the ACC all of a sudden has a position group that nearly tops in the COUNTRY. That argument has nothing to do with a QB or RB argument. Your DB’s are not of NFL caliber as FSU receivers were constantly open. Blackman missed them. Watch the replay.
So one of our CB’s was out against FSU and he will be against y’all as well, His name is Tre Swilling son of former all American and LB of the New Orlean Saints. Also both safeties, Carpenter, and Thomas are both NFL prospects. Thomas was a first time starter last year and was one of the top rated safeties in the ACC. Carpenter has the longest way to go out of the 3 but is 6’3 240 and runs a sub 4.5 if I’m not mistaken. We also have Sims and Walton who are pretty good. My point in mentioning QB was to show y’all have a legit NFL talent QB yet none in the NFL. What you have in the NFL has no weight on what’s on your current team, that literally doesn’t make sense. Y’all actually have 2 NFL talents at QB but by your metric y’all should have none since y’all have none in the NFL. We will see today though about our DB group. Should be fun!

I’m not going to act like I know about your dbs, but I think It’s a valid argument that if you don’t produce a lot of nfl dbs historically, you probably don’t have that many on your team. Like with UCF, we don’t have a ton of Nfl linebackers historically, so even though I think our linebackers are very good this year I doubt that we have 2 that go on and play in the nfl.
How about QB for y’all though? I’m not saying we have NFL DB’s based on my eyes. I’m saying it based on reports, articles and accolades.

So one of our CB’s was out against FSU and he will be against y’all as well, His name is Tre Swilling son of former all American and LB of the New Orlean Saints. Also both safeties, Carpenter, and Thomas are both NFL prospects. Thomas was a first time starter last year and was one of the top rated safeties in the ACC. Carpenter has the longest way to go out of the 3 but is 6’3 240 and runs a sub 4.5 if I’m not mistaken. We also have Sims and Walton who are pretty good. My point in mentioning QB was to show y’all have a legit NFL talent QB yet none in the NFL. What you have in the NFL has no weight on what’s on your current team, that literally doesn’t make sense. Y’all actually have 2 NFL talents at QB but by your metric y’all should have none since y’all have none in the NFL. We will see today though about our DB group. Should be fun!
What I’m basically saying is being a great college QB or running back really doesn’t have anything to do with how great you will be in the NFL and vice versa. That really doesn’t hold the same weight for DBs.
It really does make sense

Anyway.., I guess that we will have a lot of these answers in 6-7 hours. Should be exciting!

My point in mentioning QB was to show y’all have a legit NFL talent QB yet none in the NFL
Personally, I don’t think that we have any potentially NFL QB’s on our roster. Milton had a shot and Gabriel has a shot.

Additionally, you’re talking about a 1 man position group vs a 4 man position group. How many college teams have ANY QBs in the NFL?

Reactions: Techwreck47
How about QB for y’all though? I’m not saying we have NFL DB’s based on my eyes. I’m saying it based on reports, articles and accolades.
I mean Blake Bortles went to UCF and so did daunte culpepper before that.

All I’m saying is that they don’t have 3/4 NFL caliber DBs and that their RBs are better. He sort of disagrees. Oh well. I guess that’s why you play the game. Lol

Reactions: Techwreck47
Are they in the league though? The guys post was about who is in the NFL now. I mean GT has had many over the years in the NFL. Golden, White, Burnett, Milton, Landry, Young etc.

Personally, I don’t think that we have any potentially NFL QB’s on our roster. Milton had a shot and Gabriel has a shot.

Additionally, you’re talking about a 1 man position group vs a 4 man position group. How many college teams have ANY QBs in the NFL?
I get that but regardless, my point stands that what a team has put into the NFL is irrelevant to what’s currently on the team. We also have a new head coach who is known for putting DB’s in the league. The 3 main guys i mentioned are NFL talent guys. All there have the accolades, stats etc showing they are plus many people outside of GT have said they are.

All I’m saying is that they don’t have 3/4 NFL caliber DBs and that their RBs are better. He sort of disagrees. Oh well. I guess that’s why you play the game. Lol
I’ll admit, I may have been off on the RB, although the two young guys we have could be special. At DB though I think you will be surprised. The guys I’ve mentioned have been talked about as being NFL talent outside of the program so it’s not just me.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
What I’m basically saying is being a great college QB or running back really doesn’t have anything to do with how great you will be in the NFL and vice versa. That really doesn’t hold the same weight for DBs.
It really does make sense

Anyway.., I guess that we will have a lot of these answers in 6-7 hours. Should be exciting!
I will respectfully agree to disagree. Hope the game is a good one!

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Tech started playing football in 1892. UCF started 40 years ago. Tech has clearly squandered their 90 year head start based on where both programs are today. Maybe we should have spotted them an even 100 year head start As a token gesture.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT