ADVERTISEMENT

Gun Policy in America

There may be instructions, but I'm certain that it's much easier to buy and use a gun.
Guns a hell of a lot less destructive. Since it takes someone to actually pull the trigger, you actually have a chance to stop the shooter. This country is not ready to handle someone blowing up a Starbucks full of early morning commuters.

Lets be honest though, we all know "assault weapons" are just the foot in the door. Liberals are not going to stop until they ban every firearm. It's what they do with every single cause they champion. They actually cannot stop themselves from pushing the envelope further and further out.

Reactions: 1ofTheseKnights
Not if you want to stay off the radar. Buy some fertilizer, gasoline and a pipe and you have a bomb.
That's the worse pro-gun argument and sadly I've heard it often.
Keep guns legal but make it more difficult to get them. We have a serious gun problem here and we need to fix it.
It is easier for someone to get a gun than to get a drivers license, and that's really sad.

It takes some effort and know how to make and use a bomb. You can't say that for guns.
Remember ... UCF is a ranked engineering school. We already get enough insults of our engineering knowledge from the US media. Sounds like you're more of the same message?

Furthermore, if what you say is true ... then everyone could easily modify a semi-automatic weapon into a 700rpm automatic weapon as well. But they cannot. Then again, if you listen to the US media, we can all easily get 700rpm automatic weapons. It only took a generation, but we literally have a new generation that literally has 'blind faith' in a 'Church of Popular Media' that defies scientific fact, as much as right-wing Conservatives that think the Earth is only a thousand years old.

Yes, it's freak'n that bad of a level of ignorance. So the majority that thinks this way will deserve what they get ... total government control. You think throwing reporters in jail ('06) and tapping media phones ('09) are what you want? The same people also wanting to turn every American with anything that was invented in the last 130-180 years into criminals for having one?

Remember ... UCF is a ranked engineering school. We already get enough insults of our engineering knowledge from the US media. Sounds like you're more of the same message?

Furthermore, if what you say is true ... then everyone could easily modify a semi-automatic weapon into a 700rpm automatic weapon as well. But they cannot. Then again, if you listen to the US media, we can all easily get 700rpm automatic weapons. It only took a generation, but we literally have a new generation that literally has 'blind faith' in a 'Church of Popular Media' that defies scientific fact, as much as right-wing Conservatives that think the Earth is only a thousand years old.

Yes, it's freak'n that bad of a level of ignorance. So the majority that thinks this way will deserve what they get ... total government control. You think throwing reporters in jail ('06) and tapping media phones ('09) are what you want? The same people also wanting to turn every American with anything that was invented in the last 130-180 years into criminals for having one?
WTF are you saying? How do I even follow what you wrote? It's like you just barf out a bunch of nonsense and expect a coherent thought to come through eventually.
If I want a gun by next weekend, I can walk into a store on Monday and order it. Then pick it up on my way home by mid-week. Nobody even asks if I know how to use it safely. So in about an hour of my time, I have a gun.
You can't go from zero bomb knowledge to a bomb with such little effort. We don't have a bomb problem in this country but we do have a gun problem.
And not that it matters, but I went to ucf for engineering.

Guns a hell of a lot less destructive. Since it takes someone to actually pull the trigger, you actually have a chance to stop the shooter. This country is not ready to handle someone blowing up a Starbucks full of early morning commuters.

Lets be honest though, we all know "assault weapons" are just the foot in the door. Liberals are not going to stop until they ban every firearm. It's what they do with every single cause they champion. They actually cannot stop themselves from pushing the envelope further and further out.

This is a HR. Similar to its not enough to quietly sit idle & let gay marriage equality pass. Unless you're celebrating it publicly obviously you're a bigot! There's no pleasing these types.

That's the worse pro-gun argument and sadly I've heard it often.
Keep guns legal but make it more difficult to get them. We have a serious gun problem here and we need to fix it.
It is easier for someone to get a gun than to get a drivers license, and that's really sad.

e53d7f8067067a51029cde8260094ff5867b10ab6676b1d493c8dd8d23c4571b.jpg

I agree tho the gun problem is real. More people need to carry & more places should allow carry to level the playing field vs the next Omar, Muhhammed, Tariq, or Abdul who wants to shoot us up cos the (((globalists))) like bombing them for fun & profit.

Guns a hell of a lot less destructive.
Indeed. That's why after Sandy Hook, a lot of journalists had to be corrected about the 1927 bombing. ;)

Lets be honest though, we all know "assault weapons" are just the foot in the door.
And "Assault Weapons" also include pistols and shotguns. That's why they say "Assault Weapon" so they are included. Although if they see a rifle, they say "Assault Rifle," despite it being technically wrong.

It's directly and technically equivalent to saying a golf cart with a plastic cover is a Ferrari. Which brings us too ...

Liberals are not going to stop until they ban every firearm.
Including bolt-action rifles, as they aren't that much slower than a semi-automatic rifle. In fact, in the hands of a capable shooter, they can be longer range and more accurate, let alone leverage a greater cross section, resulting in more kills per minute.

Just like a world class cyclist can outrun a golf cart. They will ban them, all claiming they are "as wrong for the road as a Ferrari ... no regular driver needs to have a 200mph+ supercar on the road, they will just kill others." That's exactly the technical equivalent here.

Heck, Oswald picked a rifle the media and most Americans thought was inaccurate, but was very much accurate, and a 6.5mm with a better BC than what the FBI originally showed (the FBI was originally wrong). It's all about media perception, and making Oswald look like a heck of a sniper ... when he was just a good, solid, and very typical Marine sniper.

There may be instructions, but I'm certain that it's much easier to buy and use a gun.
Hahaha wow you are dumb. There is a reason kids my age were getting expelled from school for downloading such instructions in the '90's. It's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much easier to build a basic bomb than it is to go through the process of buying a gun and ammo needed to carry out such an attack

WTF are you saying? How do I even follow what you wrote? It's like you just barf out a bunch of nonsense and expect a coherent thought to come through eventually.
If I want a gun by next weekend, I can walk into a store on Monday and order it. Then pick it up on my way home by mid-week. Nobody even asks if I know how to use it safely. So in about an hour of my time, I have a gun.
Actually, no, you probably would not know what you're doing.

I mean, there's a reason why the civilian market and manufacturers -- by, of and for trained, professional shooters -- long switched to AR-15 like controls ... to make it easier for any veteran to become familiar with the safety, forward assist and other aspects. That as much as the economies-of-scale too.

What you're saying it just like saying the 9/11 terrorists didn't need to have any flying lessons. Yes, you do need time on a firearm to learn it.

It's not like a camera, not remotely. In fact, that's how most accidents happen. If you want to really piss of a lot of law enforcement and NRA members, more than even the media can, have a gun accident based on ignorance. ;)

Furthermore ... the US media says you can mass kill people without much training. No, you can only mass kill people if you go unchallenged ... which is what usually happens in a gun free zone. Otherwise, you'd be dead fast ... possibly by taking your own life before someone else does. I.e., 2/3rds of mass shootings end when the shooter is challenged by someone, other than law enforcement, with a gun.

Lastly, a semi-automatic rifle is no faster than a semi-automatic pistol. Heck, they sell 30+ and even 40+ round extended magazines for many pistols, especially since most have standardized around the for 9mm and others Glock, like the NATO STANAG in 5.56 and others. You remember the Glock, right? You know why they call it an "Assault Weapon"? It's the hold-over from the same fools in the early '80s who said the Glock was a "plastic gun" that was "undetectable" in metal detectors. Now at the time, anyone who knew anything about physics knew you could not have a plastic gun any more than a plastic car. E.g., the engine is still going to be metal.

But today, with our physics-ignorant society doesn't understand. That's why 3D printers are back in the spotlight. Because the anti-Glock people have taken over the Brady Foundation. The only people even more ignorant than them are Bloomberg's Everytown.

You can't go from zero bomb knowledge to a bomb with such little effort.
You can just as fast as firearms. Yes, it's true. You can buy most of it already made for you too!

We don't have a bomb problem in this country but we do have a gun problem.
Oh really? We don't? That's the US media talking! Dude, you really need to read up! The statistics don't lie.

Especially the #1 school killing back in 1927. Seriously ... homemade bombs are a total problem in the US! Big time!

The main reason why shooters are picking "Black Rifles" in the US is because of the media! Even the LA Times (thank you, thank you) is starting to point out ... the problem is media, not method!

Otherwise they would not use a .22 round. Heck, gangsters figured out the .45 is the best with its huge cross section 90 years ago! That's why we banned automatic weapons with them 82 years ago! And who made them famous? ;)

And not that it matters, but I went to ucf for engineering.
Then you really are poorly representing us ... very poorly. But in your defense ...

In my early 20s, I used to think like you did. But then as I got more into statics and dynamics, I started reading up on basic firearms design. Then I felt like an idiot.

Just like when the US media said kerosene melts steel, and that's why the towers fell. And then people with basic science said that was false, and the conspiracy theories started. So then I went and read the NIST report and, right there, basic statics kicked in. Heat weakens steel, so when you take out 2 of the 3 supports, and you have a load off-support ... well, that load quickly turns the beams into a fulcrum tied to the remaining support, and the result is pretty basic. ;)

Read up! Use your knowledge!

Hahaha wow you are dumb. There is a reason kids my age were getting expelled from school for downloading such instructions in the '90's. It's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much easier to build a basic bomb than it is to go through the process of buying a gun and ammo needed to carry out such an attack
I mean ... there's a reason why pressure cookers are popular. Might as well start limiting people to qty. 1-2 at stores like they do lithium batteries and other things.

I love f'ing with what the US media tells people. Blind faith in the Church of Popular Media, even when it goes against scientific fact.

Until they try to take it away from you. I'm waiting for Killary to put down all the guns that surround her.
I wish every woman would call out Feinstein for not just having a concealed carry license, but what she told the media then (in 1995, after the "Assault Weapons" ban was passed, and they found out) on why she used to conceal carry an "Assault Weapon" herself! It's as if it came from any female in the NRA!

Some Democrats on guns can be as hypocritical and ignorant on guns as some Republicans on a woman's right to choose. It's not their view, it's their argument ... which usually exposes just how stupid they are. I mean, some Democrat answers are directly like and just as bad as the Republican who said a raped woman has "a means to shut that down" with regards to their pregnancy, without using abortion.

Last edited:
It takes some effort and know how to make and use a bomb. You can't say that for guns.

I'd love to put you through a weapons training course. My guess is that you'd be unable to get through the first magazine change on the go, would have no idea what to do with a misfeed, and would be utterly unable to hit the broad side of a barn with any amount of stress or movement. In fact, I'd be willing to bet that you wouldn't even really understand how to properly load a magazine.

According to you, anyone who picks up a weapon for the first time is basically an expert and a marksman.

We should alert the Marine Corps that they're wasting their time by putting recruits through rifle school.

Hoping to see all the gun owners in the WC check in today. I am extremely lucky that none of mine decided to fire themselves over the weekend. Stay vigilant guys, talking to some dems got me really scared my guns will just go off and kill people....

If they banned "assault rifles", how would that be implemented? Would the government buy them back or would the owners just be screwed and have to turn them in? Wonder if you'd at least get to deduct the loss on your taxes.

If they banned "assault rifles", how would that be implemented? Would the government buy them back or would the owners just be screwed and have to turn them in? Wonder if you'd at least get to deduct the loss on your taxes.

The gov't ain't buying back 30 million "assault rifles."

If we follow what happened in the State of New York, this is how it would go down.
  • NY State Legislation passes law that bans virtually all automatic weapons, with requirements on firearms that fit no, known implementations
    • Various legislatures are caught on-mic and in various sessions talking about how it is unenforceable, including Democratic representatives
    • Various external legal parties question the validity of the law, and some judges comment on its issues as well
    • Law passes, but before it goes into effect, it is modified to basically outlaw all semi-automatic weapons, sans on a handful over 100 years old (e.g., M1911), but includes some designs back to the 19th century
    • Modified law goes into effect with terms that apply to real firearms, banning most developed in the 20th century, some in the 19th century
  • Most NY state citizens refuse to comply
    • The number would not be known for 2 years (see following NY State Supreme court ruling)
    • Tactic is for police to search and confiscate citizens property whenever a citation could be issued
    • E.g., search cars, homes, etc..., even without a warrant, as long as there is probable cause, even if it's unrelated to any crime, but just anything that would be a citation
    • Shotguns, pistols and other firearms are included in ban, resulting in citizens guilty of a moving violation or even calling 9/11 for other assistance at home being arrested, including even victims of crimes in their home
    • Tactic is decried by virtually all civil liberties organizations, many times people are arrested, the media announces "X was found with numerous 'Assault Weapons' and 'even an Assault Rifle'
  • NY State Supreme Court ruling
    • Several lawsuits by many NY citizens and civil liberty organizations are pending
    • Several civil liberty organizations also sought FOIA to disclose statistics on the enforcement of the law
    • NY State lawyers have refused to disclose information, citing no need to inform their citizens on the effectiveness and compliance of the law
    • Civil liberty organizations argue that the state must show reason and safety to deny a civil right, the same reason why the DC ban was eventually struck down (reducing rights for no gain or even more crime as a result, actual reduced safety)
    • After defeat and repeal, defeat and repeal, NY State Supreme Court rules, after 2 years, that it is against the public good and policy for the state to hide statistics on enforcement
    • NY State releases its estimates that 95% of its states citizens have not complied with the law, and are now all felons, per the law
This is the new "war on drugs," only 10x worse. They turned the majority of the people of the state into felons virtually overnight. That's what the state of New York did. It is the most under-reported reality of these "gun safety" laws.

Please tell me how a British politician was shot and stabbed the other day in a country where there are some of the strictest gun laws?

Because an asshole with a gun shot the politician.
So, basically, in other countries, the person is at fault. In the U.S., the gun is at fault. If you think that is not what you said, then you're a dumber bag of dicks that you think, dude.
No, that isn't even close to what I have said.
Are you going to really tell me that what you said is not what you said, you stupid fukcing moron?

Do us all a favor and go play in traffic. With guns.

All guns are assault weapons. An AR15 is no different than any other semi auto hunting rifle. Just they look nastier.

Just remember- French ISIS terrorists with guns kill hundreds - Terrorist Attack. US ISIS terrorist with gun killed 50- MASS SHOOTING.

And this is why they're winning.
To clarify this point - this country has a nice history of differentiating between a foreigner attacking the US and domestic terrorism and it isnt limited to gun violence as you are kinda implying with the anti-gun "Mass shooting" agenda.

They dont call it the Oklahoma City Terrorist Attack nor do you ever hear it referred to that way. There wasnt a terrorist attack in Atlanta during the Olympics. And they didnt call him the Unaterrorist.

For whatever reason, domestic terrorists are labeled as shooters and bombers and foreign terrorists are just called terrorists. I dont know why or how but its always been this way and how they are referred to here.

Norway. Guns illegal unless you make a good point you need one. Automatics illegal....then...THIS GUY...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Norway_attacks

Still got what he wanted, killed 77 helpless, defenseless, unarmed people...was very anti-immigration also. Neo-nazi.

Also, the preferred method of attack is by bomb. Not sure we can do much about that.

Regulations leading to confiscation only seem to punish those that observe the law.

Let's face it: heavy restriction on gun ownership will not work in this country. Look at drugs for a comparable reference. If the market demand is there, the product will find its way into this country and into the hands of those who are determined to get it.

Let's face it: heavy restriction on gun ownership will not work in this country. Look at drugs for a comparable reference. If the market demand is there, the product will find its way into this country and into the hands of those who are determined to get it.
Stop stop stop, we aren't allowed to have logic in this discussion, this is a place for everyone to overreact to a recent event.

That's just nonsense. Prospective murderers are going to follow the law if guns are illegal.

Enough of this common sense bullshit here, ok? Let's all pretend we're stupid like chemmie and let's keep coming up with more laws.

MOAR LAWLZ!!!!!!!!!!!!

The banning of schedule 1 narcotics really put a stop to those cartels in Mexico, and put a stop to narcotic sales in the states. I'm glad everyone is drug free now and the taxpaying public's funds are put to good use. It's too bad no-one makes moonshine anymore either...bummer.

The banning of schedule 1 narcotics really put a stop to those cartels in Mexico, and put a stop to narcotic sales in the states. I'm glad everyone is drug free now and the taxpaying public's funds are put to good use. It's too bad no-one makes moonshine anymore either...bummer.

Some opponents of closing these gaps in our laws will continue to argue that dangerous people will obtain guns in our country no matter what, and therefore that taking steps to make it harder for them is fruitless. That is both poor logic and poor leadership. - Gen Stanley McChrystal

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT