ADVERTISEMENT

Harrison Butker's Commencement Speech

DaShuckster

Diamond Knight
Nov 30, 2003
The Chief's kicker, a conservative Catholic, recently gave a commencement address at a small conservative Catholic college in Kansas. In it, he basically said women should appreciate that their purpose in life is to be 'barefoot and pregnant.' Given Butker's celebrity status as a member of the World Champion Chiefs, this speech went viral and received an understandable national backlash. (link below.)

Butker is entitled to his opinions and is entitled to share them with an audience who agrees with him (FYI, he received a standing ovation at the end of it.) My issue is when Catholics like Butker want to push their religious beliefs on the rest of us non-Catholics. This story wouldn't be 'a thing' if Catholics weren't attempting to turn the United States into their own little theocracy. If you are Catholic, I'm cool with whatever you choose to believe. But when Catholic theocrats weasel their way on to the Supreme Court in order to turn the once-settled abortion argument into a state-by-state clusterf**k, the separation between church and state line has been crossed.

There's a reason why our founding fathers built this protection into the Constitution.

The Chief's kicker, a conservative Catholic, recently gave a commencement address at a small conservative Catholic college in Kansas. In it, he basically said women should appreciate that their purpose in life is to be 'barefoot and pregnant.' Given Butker's celebrity status as a member of the World Champion Chiefs, this speech went viral and received an understandable national backlash. (link below.)

Butker is entitled to his opinions and is entitled to share them with an audience who agrees with him (FYI, he received a standing ovation at the end of it.) My issue is when Catholics like Butker want to push their religious beliefs on the rest of us non-Catholics. This story wouldn't be 'a thing' if Catholics weren't attempting to turn the United States into their own little theocracy. If you are Catholic, I'm cool with whatever you choose to believe. But when Catholic theocrats weasel their way on to the Supreme Court in order to turn the once-settled abortion argument into a state-by-state clusterf**k, the separation between church and state line was been crossed.

There's a reason why our founding fathers built this protection into the Constitution.

You hate Jews and now Catholics. Neat.

Thank God we have people with brains who have no problem with this.

How is highjacking another thread with your childish behavior contributing to anything here?

You treat this place as your daily all-you-can-eat, insult-fest. I'm through wasting my time with you.

How is highjacking another thread with your childish behavior contributing to anything here?

You treat this place as your daily all-you-can-eat, insult-fest. I'm through wasting my time with you.

Cry some more, Crazyhole. There is no difference between you two. Well, you're alive, I guess.

I contributed a video, dummy, that addresses the very heart of the matter.

Again, cry some more. You are an 85-year old child.

Reactions: thall_
Cry some more, Crazyhole. There is no difference between you two. Well, you're alive, I guess.

I contributed a video, dummy, that addresses the very heart of the matter.

Again, cry some more. You are an 85-year old child.
Nebraska people are weird. They see the world differently. Too isolated I guess

Nebraska people are weird. They see the world differently. Too isolated I guess

Extremely weird. Homogeneously white and bereft of much diversity. It's no wonder their football program is complete trash. Clearly, you wouldn't want to move there if you are black and as soooooo demonstrated by Adolf Shucky, Jewish people aren't welcome either.

Reactions: thall_ and Ucfmikes
behave like an adult
toadie troll
Joe Biden GIF by GIPHY News

Was the best speech I have heard this year.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with what he said--Catholic or not. It's 100% comical that the hick from Nebraska thinks there is some secret Catholic society trying to take over the country. I know his state is a decade behind the times, but it's like he just read Dan Brown for the first time and his mind is blown.

And let's be crystal clear: this post was nothing more than his veiled attempt to blast his anti-Catholic rhetoric. Period.

• Haha
Reactions: Nautiknight
A Catholic speaks to a Catholic University graduating class and Shookster thinks this is proof that “Catholics are turning the US into a theocracy”
Your reading comprehension needs some work. My OP clearly stated: "Butker is entitled to his opinions and is entitled to share them with an audience who agrees with him (FYI, he received a standing ovation at the end of it.)"

While he is entitled to his beliefs---and you yours---neither of you are entitled to push your religious beliefs on the rest of us. Three Catholics on the SCOTUS lied to the Senate and put their faith before the Constitution. We are not a theocracy. If you want live in one, move to the Vatican City.

Your reading comprehension needs some work. My OP clearly stated: "Butker is entitled to his opinions and is entitled to share them with an audience who agrees with him (FYI, he received a standing ovation at the end of it.)"

While he is entitled to his beliefs---and you yours---neither of you are entitled to push your religious beliefs on the rest of us. Three Catholics on the SCOTUS lied to the Senate and put their faith before the Constitution. We are not a theocracy. If you want live in one, move to the Vatican City.

200w.gif

What makes you cry harder: all these Catholics on the Supreme Court or the Covington boy who smiled at the drunk Indian?

Come to think of it, all those Covington boys were Catholic. No wonder you were so pissed at them.

I have no dog in this fight but goddamn someone call an ambulance for 85, he just got murdered.

You know he's beat so bad he couldn't even respond.

Absolutely wrecked.

• Haha
Reactions: DaShuckster
What makes you cry harder: all these Catholics on the Supreme Court or the Covington boy who smiled at the drunk Indian?

Come to think of it, all those Covington boys were Catholic. No wonder you were so pissed at them.

Remember when Shookster was *certain* that the smiling Covington kid was the second coming of Adolf Hitler?

Remember when Shookster was *certain* that the smiling Covington kid was the second coming of Adolf Hitler?
🤣 Goddamn 85 got whooped so bad he has to change the subject and dig back half a decade to try and salvage his pathetic ego

Season 5 Lol GIF by Real Husbands of Hollywood

I am upgrading my previous score of "absolutely wrecked" to "utterly and totally humiliated "

🤣

• Haha
🤣 Goddamn 85 got whooped so bad he has to change the subject and dig back half a decade to try and salvage his pathetic ego
Thanks, Ninja. 85 resorted to trolling me because he has no answer to my OP and knows it.

'Faithful' Catholics like him as well as the nutjob Christian Nationalist crowd are attempting to subvert our Constitution to their will.

Reactions: NinjaKnight

He didn't push his beliefs on us he gave a speech to like minded individuals. Now you however always are here pushing the left agenda on everyone here. We have free speech rights here, and I will gladly put up with BS I don't agree with over shutting down that speech. So preach on brother, and I will shake my head and laugh at you. Laughter is also a form of free expression.

Thanks, Ninja. 85 resorted to trolling me because he has no answer to my OP and knows it.

'Faithful' Catholics like him as well as the nutjob Christian Nationalist crowd are attempting to subvert our Constitution to their will.

“Thanks, Ninja” 😂 😂 😂

Sorry if only one other person is going along with your mentally ill little bitchfest here but it’s stupid and we’re just pointing that out. You used a fuc*ing commencement speech to launch into a conspiracy theory that those meanie Catholics are laying a secret plot to install a “Christian Theocracy”.

Interesting that Dobbs was a 5-4 vote yet you’re only accusing 3 of the 5 voting in favor of being “Christian nationalists” with a secret plot. Couldn’t be that you’re simply a hate filled anti-Catholic lunatic could it? 😆

You started a thread that only the crackpots on The View and other insane people such as yourself care about. Maybe stop posting every crazy through that enters your head and you’d be ridiculed less. Or not.

Speaking of commencement speeches, while Shookster was losing his shit over Catholics and the KC kicker, this was going on at Harvard’s graduation. Looked for Shookster’s whiny meltdown thread about this one but didn’t find it. Cant imagine why 🤔

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Speaking of commencement speeches, while Shookster was losing his shit over Catholics and the KC kicker, this was going on at Harvard’s graduation. Looked for Shookster’s whiny meltdown thread about this one but didn’t find it. Cant imagine why 🤔

Not a peep from Adolf Shooky about this. Shocking.

Cries like a stuck pig over Butker's speech.

He's not even trying to hide it any longer.

Reactions: UCFKnight85

Israel wasn’t doing shit until October 7th. It’s the most peaceful country until provoked

Surrounding by rogue states that live their entire existence to wipe them off the face of the Earth. They never should have let it come to this. These nuts have been building tunnels and bunkers for years.

Glad to see my OG bitch 85 still obsessed with me 🤣 😂 🤣 nothing says "my bitch" like an unhinged 3 paragraph rant because he's getting absolutely dismantled in this thread by someone from Nebraska 🤣

Also you guys are right, there is no secret agenda to instill a Christian theocracy. It's openly an admitted agenda.

Interesting that Dobbs was a 5-4 vote yet you’re only accusing 3 of the 5 voting in favor of being “Christian nationalists”...
Nah. I'm accusing 3 of the 5 judges of putting their conservative Catholic faith before their country's Constitution.
... with a secret plot.
It wasn't much of a secret. From the get-go, Trump told everybody he was looking for judges who would overturn Roe v. Wade. During their confirmation hearings, the three judges Trump picked were specifically asked about Roe v. Wade and they all assured Senators that a woman's access to an early term abortion was 'settled law.'

But -- surprise, surprise -- I guess all three had a dramatic, change-of-heart after being confirmed. ;)
You started a thread that only the crackpots on The View and other insane people such as yourself care about.
Who said you had to weigh-in? On a normal discussion board, posters pick and choose which topics they respond to. Apparently this one triggered you and your sidekicks into trolling.

I don't agree with your church's teachings, but you are free to practice your Catholic faith as you see fit.

But you and other Catholics have no damn business dictating to the rest of us whether or not women in this country have access to early term abortions. That, plus the latest legislative head-shakers: faith-based efforts to restrict access to contraceptives and IVF. WTF???

As a Catholic, I understand why you think such legislative efforts are peachy keen. But no matter how much you and other Catholics wish it were otherwise, this. county. is. not. a. theocracy.

Nah. I'm accusing 3 of the 5 judges of putting their conservative Catholic faith before their country's Constitution.

It wasn't much of a secret. From the get-go, Trump told everybody he was looking for judges who would overturn Roe v. Wade. During their confirmation hearings, the three judges Trump picked were specifically asked about Roe v. Wade and they all assured Senators that a woman's access to an early term abortion was 'settled law.'

But -- surprise, surprise -- I guess all three had a dramatic, change-of-heart after being confirmed. ;)

Who said you had to weigh-in? On a normal discussion board, posters pick and choose which topics they respond to. Apparently this one triggered you and your sidekicks into trolling.

I don't agree with your church's teachings, but you are free to practice your Catholic faith as you see fit.

But you and other Catholics have no damn business dictating to the rest of us whether or not women in this country have access to early term abortions. That, plus the latest legislative head-shakers: faith-based efforts to restrict access to contraceptives and IVF. WTF???

As a Catholic, I understand why you think such legislative efforts are peachy keen. But no matter how much you and other Catholics wish it were otherwise, this. county. is. not. a. theocracy.

Are you in need of money? Your brand of mental illness needs to be studied and I’m sure there are hospitals who would sponsor your involvement in a multi-year study. I don’t think traditional treatments will do for you.

They may even let you pretend to be one of the chicks in Handmaid’s Tale and perform a faux abortion on you so that you can prove to the voices in your head that you’re “the real deal”. This KC kicker won’t be able to sleep at night knowing that Shookster is fighting the good fight from the constraints of a padded room.

Nothing gets by Shookster, especially the secret Catholic plot to usher in theocracy 😂

85 can't even address the actual laid out facts and logic, resorts entirely to middle school insults. Classic him.

Upgraded to "100% annihilated"

This is why no one takes 85 seriously.

Last edited:
  • Haha
I just can't wait until our Catholic President comes out of his coma, stops drooling all over himself, and starts to burn all those filthy Protestants in the streets.

Convert now, mother fukcers. IT'S NOT TOO LATE!!!!

85 can't even address the actual laid out facts and logics, resorts to middle school insults. Classic him.
Nailed it. Not one single rebuttal---all trollish insults.

When you have nothing, I guess it's the MAGA right-wing's idea of 'political discourse' in 2024. No wonder the GOP is so fcuked up.

I just can't wait until our Catholic President comes out of his coma, stops drooling all over himself, and starts to burn all those filthy Protestants in the streets.

Honest question: do you really convert from Catholicism to protestantism? If so where do you draw the conversion line between all the different sects/cults of Christianity?

Hey Shuck,
Nothing wrong with the speech . I don't agree with your observation we are going into a theocracy.

I will send you $50 if you can show me the words in the US Constitution and Bill of Rights where it specifically says there shall be a separation between the church and the state or any where the words of separation of church and state are written in the Constitution or Bill of Rights.

I encourage you to read entirely both Documents. The fact is those words don't appear anywhere in either and are the ruling of a FDR Supreme Court case in 1947. It was a 5-4 decision where this was coined.

The First Amendment is crystal clear . Congress can't establish a religion nor can it prevent the free exercise of it. This notion of separation of church and state has been bastardized

Abortion whether you agree with it or hate it is a MEDICAL procedure regulated by the states per the 10th Amendment. Abortion is not a deligated power under Article 1 Section 8. It is not interstate commerce . It's a regulated medical procedure and each state has the right to regulate as they see fit. Some states cracked down while others opened the food gates.

The entire Roe V Wade case was sketchy because it was a far stretch that court made to call it a privacy issue . Yah it's private like getting a vasectomy or your gall bladder removed. In the end though it was on quick sand which is why the ruling failed and you know it was stretch because the left clung to it and we're desperate to see it upheld. Everyone knew it and the bad ruling in Roe V Wade eventually fell, because it waa legally flawed The fact is Constitutionally the Feds have no authority over it.
I am so tired of Abortion sucking the oxygen out of the room. It's not a federal issue, no President should ever have to pick a side. It's not their job. If you are for it or against take it up with state legislatures and the governor. That's how Federalism is supposed to work. If you want Abortion to be a right, then make an Amendment for it and take it through the ratification process. Until then it is left up to the states to decide.

The speech thing occurred on his own time , not in uniform or during a NFL game . It was on a private campus on Catholic school. It's nobody's business to tell him he couldn't do it nor say those words. He didn't force you and I to hear it nor did he force his teammates or owner group to endorse it. He didn't make a spectical out of it. He spoke truth and practiced his faith on his own time . It would be unconstitutional for him to be fired or punished for doing so.

Reactions: KnighttimeJoe

This whole thread is hilarious. A crazy person openly crying about a commencement speech to fuel the conspiracy theory that the voices in his head tell him about every day.

Hey Shuck,
Nothing wrong with the speech . I don't agree with your observation we are going into a theocracy. I will send you $50 if you can show me the words in the US Constitution and Bill of Rights where it specifically says there shall be a separation between the church and the state
Omigosh, a thoughtful response!!! How ground-breaking for this place!!! Didn't you know that chickensh*t trolling is the way you're supposed to do it?

Since you are into 'words in the Constitution,' how about you show me where it says life begins at conception.

I'll save you time, it's not there. It's a belief held by the Catholic Church. Catholic lawmakers who believe they are 'divinely guided' to govern our secular government by their religious teachings are called theocrats. It took theocrats to overturn 50 years of Roe v Wade.
The First Amendment is crystal clear. Congress can't establish a religion nor can it prevent the free exercise of it. This notion of separation of church and state has been bastardized.

Abortion whether you agree with it or hate it is a MEDICAL procedure.
The Constitution is also crystal clear when it comes to privacy and personal liberty. Roe was never about a MEDICAL procedure---the REAL issue was, and still is, a woman's right to make her own health decisions without the government sticking its big nose in her business.

And in response to the late-term misinformation from the 'baby killing' crowd, 99.9% of abortions are performed within the first 20 weeks.
The entire Roe V Wade case was sketchy because it was a far stretch that court made to call it a privacy issue .
LOL! Yeah, a woman's right to make her own health decisions is 'sketchy.' Evidently, personal liberty only belongs to men.
I am so tired of Abortion sucking the oxygen out of the room.
Me too. It was settled law until three Catholics put on the Supreme Court specifically to 'unsettle' it did as they were told.
it is left up to the states to decide.
And THAT's really going well, right? ;)

Why is it that the right for women to choose has been overwhelmingly endorsed everytime the public has been allowed to vote on it?
The speech thing occurred on his own time , not in uniform or during a NFL game . It was on a private campus on Catholic school. It's nobody's business to tell him he couldn't do it nor say those words. He didn't force you and I to hear it nor did he force his teammates or owner group to endorse it.
Reread my OP. I 100% agree with you. I defended Butker's right to say what he wants to say. I simply explained the backlash.

Conservative Catholics would do well to study our American History and learn about the horrible discrimination their ancestors faced back when they began immigrating to this country in waves. Some of the hate was simply due to their immigrant status (as we still see today.) But a bigger part of it was the kneejerk populist concern over their true loyalties, "cause all them Catholics take their marching orders from the Pope in Rome."

Last edited:
Omigosh, a thoughtful response!!! How ground-breaking for this place!!! Didn't you know that chickensh*t trolling is the way you're supposed to do it?

Since you are into 'words in the Constitution,' how about you show me where it says life begins at conception.

I'll save you time, it's not there. It's a belief held by the Catholic Church. Catholic lawmakers who believe they are 'divinely guided' to govern our secular government by their religious teachings are called theocrats. It took theocrats to overturn 50 years of Roe v Wade.

The Constitution is also crystal clear when it comes to privacy and personal liberty. Roe was never about a MEDICAL procedure---the REAL issue was, and still is, a woman's right to make her own health decisions without the government sticking its big nose in her business.

And in response to the late-term misinformation from the 'baby killing' crowd, 99.9% of abortions are performed within the first 20 weeks.

LOL! Yeah, a woman's right to make her own health decisions is 'sketchy.' Evidently, personal liberty only belongs to men.

Me too. It was settled law until three Catholics put on the Supreme Court specifically to 'unsettle' it did as they were told.

And THAT's really going well, right? ;)

Why is it that the right for women to choose has been overwhelmingly endorsed everytime the public is allowed to vote on it?

Reread my OP. I 100% agree with you. I defended Butker's right to say what he wants to say. I simply explained the backlash.

Conservative Catholics would do well to study our American History and learn about the horrible discrimination their ancestors faced back when they began immigrating to this country in waves. Some of the hate was simply due to their immigrant status (as we still see today.) But a bigger part of it was the kneejerk populist concern over their true loyalties, "cause all them Catholics take their marching orders from the Pope in Rome."
CONVERT SOON, ADOLF!!!!! We Catholics are coming for you. How many years do you really have left? You want to meet our Catholic God with your trailer park, hick Protestant bull shit?

It only took us 300 years, but it’s finally happening. Our takeover.

Santa Maria.

CONVERT SOON, ADOLF!!!!! We Catholics are coming for you. How many years do you really have left? You want to meet our Catholic God with your trailer park, hick Protestant bull shit?

It only took us 300 years, but it’s finally happening. Our takeover.

Santa Maria.

Remember, this is the guy who previously argued that Jesus Christ, and thus God, is an open advocate for abortion since the Bible didn't explicitly say not to. This is what he's taught in Crazy Land and whatever "church" exists there.

He's a mental patient who needs help. It's been clear for a long time, and threads like this are why I left the Cooler for a long time. He insanely yells about every deranged thought that pops in his head and then insists that you're the problem when you don't agree. Or he calls you a threat to democracy if you aren't voting as he wants.

• Wow
Reactions: KnighttimeJoe
Remember, this is the guy who previously argued that Jesus Christ, and thus God, is an open advocate for abortion since the Bible didn't explicitly say not to. This is what he's taught in Crazy Land and whatever "church" exists there.

He's a mental patient who needs help. It's been clear for a long time, and threads like this are why I left the Cooler for a long time. He insanely yells about every deranged thought that pops in his head and then insists that you're the problem when you don't agree. Or he calls you a threat to democracy if you aren't voting as he wants.
How the fùck are you this consistently wrong?

I understand why you took a break from the WC now, you needed a break from taking all these Ls.

Here's what the Bible actually says about abortion:

Numbers 5:24-27: “[The priest] shall make the [allegedly adulterous] woman drink. […] If she has […] been unfaithful to her husband, […] her womb shall discharge, her uterus drop.”

So the only direct mention of abortion in the Bible is instructions on how to perform one for an adulterous woman.

Man this is beyond embarrassing for you.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT