ADVERTISEMENT

Houston’s King enters transfer portal

Funny how skeptical fans on the OUTSIDE who have seen this game before know as much as anyone. Weren’t there other players sitting out for King next season? Makes that away game an easier one for us. This has to be a morale killer
Happy to see him go. I don’t know if they recruited a qb or if the same kid who played last year will be back but we definitely will be favored

Reactions: ahabmw and Ucfmikes
He’s 25-1 to win the Heisman. Seems high considering the recent success of transfer qbs going to top ten teams and having one good year

@Money_Milton you jumping on this?

Reactions: ahabmw
Exactly. Kings dad admitted it the day he announced the decision to sit and when asked again about it he only slightly walked back the statement. His statements were like when your hs gf lied to you about another guy being just a friend and you wanted to believe her but the truth was obvious to everyone else. He even posted a video of himself wearing another team's shorts haha. Every team has delusional fan though. I can't imagine him being the best LSU or UGA can find. His history of injury, small build, and play style aren't what I see happening for those teams. I could see him at Ole Miss though. Going to laugh when he rides the pine his last season.

I don't understand why he waited so long.......could have been in the QB room all this time with his next team......perhaps waiting gives him more/better options

He probably waited until college football was back in the headlines with the championship game. my guess he is heading to Oklahoma.
I am going to guess he doesn't go to Oklahoma. OK has a top freshman QB recruit on their team already, bring in a 4th QB (after Mayfield, Murray, Hurts) and no recruit is ever going to commit to them again..I think he's more likely going to Arkansas or TCU or similar caliber type team

1uubo5.jpg

Where will former Houston QB D'Eriq King play next season as a transfer?

LSU +250
Arkansas +300
Miami +500
Oregon +600
Florida State +800
Michigan State +1500
Oklahoma +2000

Via @SportsLine Oddsmakers
Florida state says if Briles was still there then they would take him in a heartbeat but now with Norvell, DK doesn’t fit the new system.

I am going to guess he doesn't go to Oklahoma. OK has a top freshman QB recruit on their team already, bring in a 4th QB (after Mayfield, Murray, Hurts) and no recruit is ever going to commit to them again..I think he's more likely going to Arkansas or TCU or similar caliber type team
TCU went through the pain of playing a true freshman QB last season. Doubt they will bail on that kid. Arkansas sucks. They are worse than Houston, and still will be next season but Briles is now the OC. I think FSU sticks with what is in house or in-coming as Norvell begins a rebuild on and off the field. King would also be wasting his time there. Kiffin will definitely give him a call. He'll try anything.

Two seasons ago (under Kendall Briles) he put up very good numbers: 63.5%, 2982 yards, 36 TDs, 6 Int's; Rushed for 674 yards and 14 TDs, so effectively he had 50 TDs against 6 Int's (I couldn't find info on if he had any fumbles).

Potential Teams:
Virginia - Bryce Perkins Graduates. He could run all over ACC defenses and the team is headed in the right direction. They did play for the ACC title.
Arizona - QB situation is unsettled and Kahlil Tate graduates. I don't know what going here gets King, though.
Colorado - Steven Montez graduates and QB situation is unsettled. I don't know what going here gets King, though.
Duke - Senior QB graduates and QB situation is unsettled. I don't know what going here gets King, though.
GaTech - They could be interested but year two of a rebuild is probably not the situation he is looking for.
Iowa - Senior QB graduates and QB situation is unsettled. I don't know many Big 10 schools that would make this gamble but it worked out well when Wisconsin got Russell Wilson.
Loserville - QB situation unsettled and a lot of previews have them taking a big step forward. He could do damage in the ACC.
LSU - Obvious.
Michigan - Harbaugh has got to be getting desperate and this kind of change at QB could ignite them....or they might flounder. I could see the interest in that.
Nebraska - He fits the system to a T. Would Frost dare bail on the underperforming Martinez????? I don't know what going here gets King, though.
NC State - QB situation slightly unsettled. I don't know what going here gets King, though.
Oklahoma - obvious
Oregon - Herbert is gone. QB situation is unsettled.
Texas - Is Ehlinger gone????? I can't find an answer on that. He is listed as a top 5-6 QB if he came out. I just don't know if he has confirmed it yet.
Utah - Huntley graduates and QB position is unsettled.
Washington - Eason is gone and QB position is unsettled.

TCU went through the pain of playing a true freshman QB last season. Doubt they will bail on that kid. Arkansas sucks. They are worse than Houston, and still will be next season but Briles is now the OC. I think FSU sticks with what is in house or in-coming as Norvell begins a rebuild on and off the field. King would also be wasting his time there. Kiffin will definitely give him a call. He'll try anything.

Two seasons ago (under Kendall Briles) he put up very good numbers: 63.5%, 2982 yards, 36 TDs, 6 Int's; Rushed for 674 yards and 14 TDs, so effectively he had 50 TDs against 6 Int's (I couldn't find info on if he had any fumbles).

Potential Teams:
Virginia - Bryce Perkins Graduates. He could run all over ACC defenses and the team is headed in the right direction. They did play for the ACC title.
Arizona - QB situation is unsettled and Kahlil Tate graduates. I don't know what going here gets King, though.
Colorado - Steven Montez graduates and QB situation is unsettled. I don't know what going here gets King, though.
Duke - Senior QB graduates and QB situation is unsettled. I don't know what going here gets King, though.
GaTech - They could be interested but year two of a rebuild is probably not the situation he is looking for.
Iowa - Senior QB graduates and QB situation is unsettled. I don't know many Big 10 schools that would make this gamble but it worked out well when Wisconsin got Russell Wilson.
Loserville - QB situation unsettled and a lot of previews have them taking a big step forward. He could do damage in the ACC.
LSU - Obvious.
Michigan - Harbaugh has got to be getting desperate and this kind of change at QB could ignite them....or they might flounder. I could see the interest in that.
Nebraska - He fits the system to a T. Would Frost dare bail on the underperforming Martinez????? I don't know what going here gets King, though.
NC State - QB situation slightly unsettled. I don't know what going here gets King, though.
Oklahoma - obvious
Oregon - Herbert is gone. QB situation is unsettled.
Texas - Is Ehlinger gone????? I can't find an answer on that. He is listed as a top 5-6 QB if he came out. I just don't know if he has confirmed it yet.
Utah - Huntley graduates and QB position is unsettled.
Washington - Eason is gone and QB position is unsettled.
Very nice work here

Am I the only one who thinks King has been overrated? I think we may never hear from him again
We definitely will. He’ll start wherever he goes. May go down like Kelly Bryant. Had a good year just picked the wrong team. Bowl ban right after he signed. Still played well enough to get Combine invite.

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
We definitely will. He’ll start wherever he goes. May go down like Kelly Bryant. Had a good year just picked the wrong team. Bowl ban right after he signed. Still played well enough to get Combine invite.
Yep. Anyone who has 50 tds in a season is talented. Didn’t he have 50 and then got hurt at the end of the year so that was less than 13 games?

Reactions: BlakNGoldAllDay
Am I the only one who thinks King has been overrated? I think we may never hear from him again
He was very electric - he may disappear, but only if he ends up at the wrong school and can’t adjust, not because he isn’t talented.

I don't understand why he waited so long.......could have been in the QB room all this time with his next team......perhaps waiting gives him more/better options
I doubt he plays QB wherever he goes. He needs to work on his reciever game.

BTW, did anyone else see Greg Ward on the Eagles as a reciever and 3rd QB option? Good for him. That's what King needs to aspire to or learn how to pass.

Reactions: mattropolis
Did you see Lamar Jackson passing the ball in college? King isn’t much different.
Jacksom was just OK in college as a passer. He still mostly just hits his tight ends when passing. The Titans forced him to throw outside the numbers more and that really made it hard for him. He is also 3-4 inches taller than King and has a neck like a tree trunk.

King doesn't have elite accuracy as a passer. He is amazingly quick and agile, but I can't see him playing QB for LSU or OU. Maybe Arkansas, though.

Reactions: Knight Strength
I could see Miami except for what they just did to Tate Martell. I mean was Martell really so bad he was that far down on the dept chart?

to be fair the ACC is easier than the AAC. Id rather face Duke and Wake forest than Memphis, Cincy and UCF.

Miami's schedule is ridiculously easy next year, they dont play Clemson so he might actually have it easy as the starting QB.
No Clemson or UF? He really could win the Heisman

Reactions: Endeavor.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT