ADVERTISEMENT

I have a hard time respecting Auburn:

Auburn is more overrated than they get credit for.
Yes they lost to two teams in the final four and won 10 games.
Perhaps the win against Georgia was good.
But Alabama?
They beat them 26-14 but Saban showed no fight and instead worked backstage to give them 30 days off to rest up for the CFI.
Lets face it. Auburn beat good teams that were not focused on game day.

My ex wife is an Auburn fan who cheated on me, but she wasn't a grad.

Happy Hands...are we brothers? Or are Auburn girls just adulterers?
Maybe there is a group of them called Whore Eagles.

i8J77a7.jpg

Last edited:
My brother professes at Auburn now. Use to teach at ECU. He is in engineering. His wife and kids went there and when UCF played Auburn , I was there. By far Auburn's fans were the coolest fans in an away game setting I have been around. Great place to tailgate and watch a game.

I hope we punch their ticket with a big UCF victory. The problem with P5 G5 charade is they have to keep up fasad here of bring Superior . I hope we win by 10 or more and I hope Memphis wins big as well as USF. In general I like Auburn except for on New Year's Day.

This crap that people think some quote from a player is going to somehow motivate an entire team is ridiculous. I could see it if one of our coaches said it or the entire ESPN crew just disrespected them, but a player, c'mon man! This will be about a 5 minute topic in their locker room....then back to work.

If I'm UCF, I'm playing on a loop the 1:30 Bowl Mania show from 2013 where those guys disrespected our program as a whole. That was a slap in our program's face. One player talking some smack is not the same kind of thing.

They're P5. Just like their frou frou fanbase. I'm sure thats their discussion as they celebrate themselves with a big fat spread all in the name of charity.

My brother professes at Auburn now. Use to teach at ECU. He is in engineering. His wife and kids went there and when UCF played Auburn , I was there. By far Auburn's fans were the coolest fans in an away game setting I have been around. Great place to tailgate and watch a game.

I hope we punch their ticket with a big UCF victory. The problem with P5 G5 charade is they have to keep up fasad here of bring Superior . I hope we win by 10 or more and I hope Memphis wins big as well as USF. In general I like Auburn except for on New Year's Day.

I'm guessing they were nice because they didn't think a newly 1-A independent team was anything to worry about. I don't know the answer to this but, how does any SEC team think of their fanbase? I doubt Alabama loves them.

PS. My wife's co-worker has big Auburn ties, lives in Atlanta area and couldn't care less about going to the game (and they go to regular season games). I'm hoping that blah attitude goes for the whole Auburn team and fan base.

Reactions: LemmyKilmister

I was invited by an AU alum and friend to tailgate and attend the Auburn-Clemson game the year Auburn won it all in '10. I got the tour of the campus, got to see the post-game Toomers Corner celebration (this was a few weeks before that stupid hayseed 'Bama yahoo killed the trees), and the fans were friendly and gracious. I wore my UCF gear, and a lot of AU fans came up to me throughout the day and freely admitted they stole that game from us in '98. They knew all about us. The sun setting while watching the game at Jordan-Hare was downright idyllic.

It was a great time. Now I really want to kick their asses. It's just business, you understand...

This crap that people think some quote from a player is going to somehow motivate an entire team is ridiculous. I could see it if one of our coaches said it or the entire ESPN crew just disrespected them, but a player, c'mon man! This will be about a 5 minute topic in their locker room....then back to work.

If I'm UCF, I'm playing on a loop the 1:30 Bowl Mania show from 2013 where those guys disrespected our program as a whole. That was a slap in our program's face. One player talking some smack is not the same kind of thing.
I'm pretty sure a comment from a player 3 weeks before game is more motivating than a tv show from 4 years ago when most of the players were in 8th or 9th grade.

Reactions: G8RLegist
Auburn is the most decent respectable opponent we could wish for. I am a Knight no doubt, but I dont think for one second we could have gotten a better opponent. If you have not already done so and get the opportunity to see the university and its fanbase you will be amazed at the place. It is Superb (Behind My hometown UCF of course)
CHARGE ON!!!

Auburn is the most decent respectable opponent we could wish for. I am a Knight no doubt, but I dont think for one second we could have gotten a better opponent. If you have not already done so and get the opportunity to see the university and its fanbase you will be amazed at the place. It is Superb (Behind My hometown UCF of course)
CHARGE ON!!!
Whatever that means. I want to win.

Reactions: UCFhonors
I was invited by an AU alum and friend to tailgate and attend the Auburn-Clemson game the year Auburn won it all in '10. I got the tour of the campus, got to see the post-game Toomers Corner celebration (this was a few weeks before that stupid hayseed 'Bama yahoo killed the trees), and the fans were friendly and gracious. I wore my UCF gear, and a lot of AU fans came up to me throughout the day and freely admitted they stole that game from us in '98. They knew all about us. The sun setting while watching the game at Jordan-Hare was downright idyllic.

It was a great time. Now I really want to kick their asses. It's just business, you understand...
I believe the thread title was "I have a hard time respecting Auburn". Seems pretty clear I think they deserve to be respected. I want to win to.

Reactions: LemmyKilmister
"Buy of the Tiger ... The Buy of the Tiger ... "

One aspect of living in SEC country I'll never mind. ;)
I think she needs to argue with me because I'm an UCF fan. ;)

I noticed she wasn't wearing a ring, calling all UCF bachelors (or bachelorettes into that). :pimp:

Reactions: UCFBS
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT