ADVERTISEMENT

I like Pitt

Wait?! Did Pitt really only beat Ohio 20 - 10? The Bobcats of Ohio?! A MAC team?! The MAC teams (other than Western Michigan) that always seem to get blown out in bowls, especially significant ones (I'm looking you NIU!)?

I'm still 'on the fence' if the MAC is still better than the SunBelt, but even C-USA -- post-AAC -- is definitely better than the MAC these days. I need to check the direct versus to confirm, but still ...

Reactions: Lurky and Ucfmikes
Pitt went to ACC title game last year. Did nothing for our SoS.

SoS is a fake metric used to keep those in power in power. This is how USC has a strong top 25 win over Stanford and UCF played a bad team in Stanford. It's a scheme to keep them at the top.

Spot on sir. This is why Miss. State had to lose 4 times before they dropped out of the top 25 one year, because they were playing Alabama late in the year. I found a photo of the SoS machine.

Behind-the-Curtain.jpg
SoS as assessed by the CFI committee is bulls*** but SoS as measured by the Colley Matrix (and other polls) includes opponent records. We need Pitt to have a good record. Last year they went to the ACC CCG with a 7-7 record. Of course that didn't help us but if they had 10 wins we would get a bump in computer polls. Be ready to root for them after our game.

You might be up to the task football-wise but I believe academics can and should play a part in ACC membership.
I believe most UCF fans, myself included, would prefer the ACC to any of the other conferences. There's a level of hate toward the SEC with their elitism, not that they would extend an invite anyways. The Big 12 would be a lot of travel. ACC we could drive to several other campuses. I'd love taking a road trip for some games!

I believe most UCF fans, myself included, would prefer the ACC to any of the other conferences. There's a level of hate toward the SEC with their elitism, not that they would extend an invite anyways. The Big 12 would be a lot of travel. ACC we could drive to several other campuses. I'd love taking a road trip for some games!
Big 12 is in same areas we already travel to. Wouldn’t be that bad.

Reactions: Knight Strength
Reactions: HailToPitt725
Big 12 is in same areas we already travel to. Wouldn’t be that bad.
We are going to the PAC12 anyways so no worries
So Pitt is ranked 121 and UCF is 204 in Academics. Not much difference.:sunglasses:

https://www.niche.com/colleges/sear...odySize=large&type=private&type=public&page=3
They are in AAU. That’s all that matters
IIRC it’s the Big 10 that had the AAU requirement. I’m not sure if they still do since Nebraska voluntarily dropped their AAU designation.

They are in AAU. That’s all that matters
Indeed, the AAU membership is very significant and important.

Also, to add to the original comment re: rankings, the most recent US News and World Report rankings that came out on the 9th has Pitt ranked 57th. They are more data-oriented and considered the “granddaddy” of university rankings while Niche places a bigger emphasis on surveys and questionnaires. However, UCF did finish ahead of Louisville (192nd) at 166th.

SoS as assessed by the CFI committee is bulls*** but SoS as measured by the Colley Matrix (and other polls) includes opponent records. We need Pitt to have a good record. Last year they went to the ACC CCG with a 7-7 record. Of course that didn't help us but if they had 10 wins we would get a bump in computer polls. Be ready to root for them after our game.

I agree SoS is a post season metric. It cant mean anything until week 8 or so after a decent sample size.

But that is not how it works.
If your USC you have a top 25 win all year. It only counts if they are ranked when you play em.

Reactions: Knight Strength
Pitt blew us out back in the day 56-7 at our house.

It was literally a beat down from opening kick that they ran back for a td to the last plays running out the clock and getting first downs and scoring more at will.

Last year started payback, but we must close the deal out Saturday for the score to be truly even. We may never play them again

I agree SoS is a post season metric. It cant mean anything until week 8 or so after a decent sample size.

But that is not how it works.
If your USC you have a top 25 win all year. It only counts if they are ranked when you play em.
The Colley Matrix updates the rankings of a teams wins every week. When UCF beat FAU they were ranked #124 in the CM. FAU beat Ball State the next week moving up to #85. Now UCF's best win is listed as FAU at #85. UCF benefits mathematically from their move up. Program wins aren't frozen at the time of the win, they move up and down in the matrix. Definitely want UCF's vanquished foes to keep winning.

Why is he always harping on other teams stealing his signals? Protect your s*** and stop whining.
Try stealing our signals. By the time you do and then signal your defense the play is already happening. This is a joke. DCs are trying to get his defense lined up. Not stealing signals and waiting. Takes too long to be effective.

Same here. If it isn’t a rivalry game (PSU, WVU, ND) I’m pretty friendly about it. I also like to interact with opposing fan bases that we don’t play often. Not to mention @UCFhonors is a friend of mine from the national board. I have nothing but good things to say about UCF and am looking forward to the game.
Hey there. Spot on with the recommendations

Looking forward to a great game tomorrow [cheers]

I came on to ask how you’re enjoying the city so far. Glad it’s a good experience.
Thank you

Pittsburgh is a very nice city. Mt Washington is amazing (the funicular was cool) and the riverfront walks are very relaxing

Hotel is in a great location. Lots of scenic bridges and the stadiums have a ton of character and charm

Having dinner and drinks at redbeards
2 games are on

Primanti Bros. was great as well. Friendly people

The weather is perfect

Thank you

Pittsburgh is a very nice city. Mt Washington is amazing (the funicular was cool) and the riverfront walks are very relaxing

Hotel is in a great location. Lots of scenic bridges and the stadiums have a ton of character and charm

2 games are on

The weather is perfect
Did you do the slaw and fries?

Thank you

2 games are on

The weather is perfect

Sounds Like you are having a good time so far.......
:cheers2:

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Thank you

2 games are on

The weather is perfect
Good to hear, glad you’re enjoying yourself. There’s also a second Redbeard’s nearby your hotel on sixth street if you liked it.

Thanks! I saw that. What’s fuel and fuddle?
It’s a restaurant and bar in the neighborhood of Oakland, where Pitt’s campus is located. You’d be going out of your way to get there, in the opposite direction of the city. If you head that way I can send you a few recommendations.

Also, if you have time tomorrow, Pamela’s Diner is my favorite breakfast place when I’m in town. It’s in the Strip District.

It’s a restaurant and bar in the neighborhood of Oakland, where Pitt’s campus is located. You’d be going out of your way to get there, in the opposite direction of the city. If you head that way I can send you a few recommendations.

Also, if you have time tomorrow, Pamela’s Diner is my favorite breakfast place when I’m in town. It’s in the Strip District.
Got it. Thanks!

I visited a customer last year (PSU & Carnegie Mellon grad) and he mentioned it was a great place to go. Awesome selection of microbrews and brick oven pizza, down near campus.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT