ADVERTISEMENT

Impeachment Thread: Trump retaliating at anyone who wasn't willing to commit criminal obstruction

So he didn't lie, couldn't control the fact he got a subpoena, told the truth under threat of perjury, was clear about what he knew first hand vs not first hand, was clear about his opinion vs fact, and then got retaliation for what he said even though almost every politician now aknowledges that his testimony was accurate.

"Loling" at life time public servant purple heart recipients who get thrown under the bus in retaliation for a situation they aren't in control of when they are being honest is prime MAGA chud territory.
iu

My political team is normal america. You're here celebrating a purple heart recipient being retaliated against by a guy (who even republicans acknowledge his guilt but just disagree with the correct punishment) for giving honest testimony after he was subpoenaed by congress.

What should Vindman have done differently? Lie to congress?

The fact that you see his punishment for giving truthful testimony as a win and lol-worthy is honestly pretty messed up.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didnt Obama remove more 5 star generals than any president in history?

And Bolton says otherwise. A revelation we only got once the articles were in the Senate's hands. Wouldn't have been hard to check.

When did he say that? I'm assuming you're talking about the book that hasn't been released yet so nobody outside of Vindmans brother have read it.

If this were true, Bolton would be all over the place verifying it. Also, if he was going to write a book about it why didnt he come forward with this during the house impeachment hearings or sooner?

I have a feeling this is going to end up the same way it did when Schiff claimed he had seen damning evidence that Trump colluded with Russia a couple of years ago.

If so many people knew that trump was committing this atrocity, why weren't there multiple whistleblowers? Why didn't Bolton or Kent or Sondland or Taylor blow the whistle? Why was it only a known democrat operative White House leaker that came forward?

Reactions: UCFWayne
This thread is paid full. Openly treasonous inbred morons think politics in our country is a team sport. Dipshit Wayne even said so. Meanwhile normal people see our republic circling the drain.

If so many people knew that trump was committing this atrocity, why weren't there multiple whistleblowers? Why didn't Bolton or Kent or Sondland or Taylor blow the whistle? Why was it only a known democrat operative White House leaker that came forward?
I want to know what you're specifically denying. I keep hearing "impeachment debacle" and now you're saying "how can this be true if only one person came forward."

Well I'd like to know what part you doubt so I can specifically answer your question. I'm not going to waste my time reproving the entire case against Trump but I'm glad to provide clear examples of any specific doubts you have. Let's hear them.

Do you agree that a president should remove people who dont align with them?
I believe the following statements are equally true.

- The president should be able to decide who works for them.

And

- The president should not retaliate against someone who was compelled to testify in front of Congress and gave an honest account. If the president is mad that his actions were exposed he should be mad at himself, not the people who had no choice but to confirm his actions under threat of criminal perjury. Let's not forget just how many Trump associates are in prison this very moment because they lied to the government for Trump.

I want to know what you're specifically denying. I keep hearing "impeachment debacle" and now you're saying "how can this be true if only one person came forward."

Well I'd like to know what part you doubt so I can specifically answer your question. I'm not going to waste my time reproving the entire case against Trump but I'm glad to provide clear examples of any specific doubts you have. Let's hear them.

I doubt that it was solely political motivation that led to trump asking Zelensky to "do us a favor". That's been my position from the very beginning. There is enough reason to believe that it wasn't a political move that I dont know what his intent was.

I doubt that it was solely political motivation that led to trump asking Zelensky to "do us a favor". That's been my position from the very beginning. There is enough reason to believe that it wasn't a political move that I dont know what his intent was.
Ok then logically you must have an alternate explanation for the request. Go ahead and share it.

@Crazyhole

If Trump really wanted to use security funds as leverage to only fight "corruption"

1. Why was a stipulation of the release that an investigation be announced on CNN? Surely an investigation that happened quietly would be more productive in weeding out actual corruption than an investigation that launched on CNN. Fareed Zakaria was actually overseas ready to interview Zelensky with the interview scheduled when the aid was released after the news of the whistleblower broke. That brings me to my next point.

2. Why did Trump release the aid 2 days after news of his plan broke. If his plan was to fight corruption does it make any sense that he abandon that plan once news broke that he was trying to fight corruption? "Oh shoot they know I'm trying to fight corruption better release that aid quickly." That makes 0 sense. If he really believed that was the goal he would have defended his possition, not gone into damage control mode. Fighting corruption is a universally held American value not something to be embarassed of when you get caught doing it. So now...

3. Why the shadow back channel shit? Fighting corruption in foreign governments is a universally held goal of the United States State Department. He had the ability to do this through proper channels. Why was Rudy Guillani involved? He's not a government employee. Fighting corruption can be done effectively using all of the tools and might of the strongest politically influencing nation in the history of the planet and he chooses Rudy Giuliani to do it outside of the government. A guy that can barely keep his teeth in when he speaks. Is Trump so incompetent that he believed Rudy would weed out corruption in Ukraine more than the entire diplomatic pressure system of The United States of America? We can topple governments with the swish of a pen but we used an insane old man. Rudy was there to keep this out of sight because Trump knew that his goal wasn't altruistic and he can trust Rudy to keep quiet. For now.

4. Why ask Ukraine to investigate Biden and not our department of justice? If Trump really believed that Biden was corrupt he could have requested a special investigator which we regularly use for politically charged investigations. Instead Trump wanted Ukraine to announce the investigation. Why encourage a foreign government to investigate United States citizens when we have the tools to do so domestically. He used tax payer money to strong arm a foreign government to investigate a political opponent. There is no other explanation that doesn't require a total disregard of logic.

I'm sorry, I know you like to question things and not accept them on face value but you've just simply taken an indefensible possition on this. Nothing makes sense with your theory of Trump being committed to anti-corruption policy. I didn't even get into his past actions that display a lack of strong ethical decision making.

The only way this makes sense is if he's guilty of what he's accused of.

@Crazyhole

Let's just be honest here. You and all the other chuds here know he did it, you know why he did it, you just don't care. You're pretending to not be sure about it so you don't have to admit that you don't care about it, because you don't want republicans to lose.

It's the most blatant example of party over country that I've ever seen. No one is fooled that anyone on the Republican side sincerely believes that Trump is innocent. It's why they're attacking the process in vague general terms and not the substance of the accusation. Same as you did in this thread. That's why I asked you for specifics because your specifics don't hold up. So just keep calling it the "sham impeachment debacle" and and providing no specifics because the specifics don't look good for republicans.

Lmao FC is trying to use logic on someone who honestly thinks the world could be flat.

Who is dumber?

I believe the following statements are equally true.

- The president should be able to decide who works for them.

And

- The president should not retaliate against someone who was compelled to testify in front of Congress and gave an honest account. If the president is mad that his actions were exposed he should be mad at himself, not the people who had no choice but to confirm his actions under threat of criminal perjury. Let's not forget just how many Trump associates are in prison this very moment because they lied to the government for Trump.

In Vindmans case, he is likely the one who spoke to the whistle blower Erick C. who had no reason to be let in on the call info. Vindman needed to be fired.

Secondly where were all the lefties crying for impeachment when Obama did the same with Eric Holder.
https://www.judicialwatch.org/corruption-chronicles/obama-asserts-fast-furious.

Ok then logically you must have an alternate explanation for the request. Go ahead and share it.
We have to go back to the origin of the request. Start with this statement that Kerry just made:

Does something about that sound a little different than the narrative that Bloomberg news fed and the rest of the media ran with?

https://www.thedailybeast.com/billi...ch-ihor-kolomoisky-under-investigation-by-fbi

Now move on to this guy. Owner of Burisma and Privatbank. This is the guy who was so dangerous that he was on a re-entry ban to the US until a few days after Hunter biden was named to the BOR of Burisma. The billion dollars that Biden threatened to withold was deposited into his bank, and shortly thereafter Latvia flagged transactions coming out of there as fraud. They contacted the US embassy and they basically said dont worry about it.

The impeachment scam backfired
One simple question:

if this was a scam, a hoax, and a witch hunt, why prevent people with knowledge from testifying?

Jordan Klepper from Comedy Central interviewed an Iowa hayseed decked out in his Trump ‘game gear’ for a Trump rally. Like you, this yahoo ranted about what a scam the impeachment was. Straight-faced, Klepper agreed with the man and added, “Yeah, they ought to interview Trump’s guys and stick it to those lying Democrats.” I laughed out loud when this yahoo replied with, “Damn right they ...uh, wait no!” :)

July 25th: trump, in a phone call with Zelensky says we need Ukraine to do something about corruption.

Also on July 25th: the IMF held a press conference stating that they are willing to start helping Ukraine again, specifically by giving them 5.5 billion in aid but Ukraine has to do something about corruption.

Same day, same request.

Sept 10: OMB sends email to Ukraine stating that we are ready to release their aid dollars upon performance of an obligating event.

Also Sept 10: IMF officials meet with Ukranian officials about releasing their aid as well.

Sept 11: ukraine special forces raid Privatbank and seize documents and assets

Also sept 11: trump releases aid dollars

Also sept 11: imf releases aid dollars.

@Crazyhole

If Trump really wanted to use security funds as leverage to only fight "corruption"
It wasn't just about corruption, it was about us funding kolomoisky so that he had the funds to buy weapons to fight the russians in Crimea. Obama, Kerry, and Biden all knew that's what this was about, as per the kerry comment last week. If we were arming the Ukrainian government directly to fight russia, Putin would have considered it an act of war so we had to find a different way.
1. Why was a stipulation of the release that an investigation be announced on CNN? Surely an investigation that happened quietly would be more productive in weeding out actual corruption than an investigation that launched on CNN. Fareed Zakaria was actually overseas ready to interview Zelensky with the interview scheduled when the aid was released after the news of the whistleblower broke. That brings me to my next point.
As you can see by the timeline I just posted, it wasn't about a CNN interview, it was about taking action on the guy that the last president was funding to fight a proxy war. We released the money the same day the IMF did right after the Ukrainians raided his bank.
2. Why did Trump release the aid 2 days after news of his plan broke. If his plan was to fight corruption does it make any sense that he abandon that plan once news broke that he was trying to fight corruption? "Oh shoot they know I'm trying to fight corruption better release that aid quickly." That makes 0 sense. If he really believed that was the goal he would have defended his possition, not gone into damage control mode. Fighting corruption is a universally held American value not something to be embarassed of when you get caught doing it. So now...
See above
3. Why the shadow back channel shit? Fighting corruption in foreign governments is a universally held goal of the United States State Department. He had the ability to do this through proper channels. Why was Rudy Guillani involved? He's not a government employee. Fighting corruption can be done effectively using all of the tools and might of the strongest politically influencing nation in the history of the planet and he chooses Rudy Giuliani to do it outside of the government. A guy that can barely keep his teeth in when he speaks. Is Trump so incompetent that he believed Rudy would weed out corruption in Ukraine more than the entire diplomatic pressure system of The United States of America? We can topple governments with the swish of a pen but we used an insane old man. Rudy was there to keep this out of sight because Trump knew that his goal wasn't altruistic and he can trust Rudy to keep quiet. For now.
The thing about bureaucracy is that those same state dept employees and officials dont get replaced when we get a new president. They knew what had been going on and they wouldn't want Trump to know we were involved in an illegal proxy war because then everybody is guilty.

4. Why ask Ukraine to investigate Biden and not our department of justice? If Trump really believed that Biden was corrupt he could have requested a special investigator which we regularly use for politically charged investigations. Instead Trump wanted Ukraine to announce the investigation. Why encourage a foreign government to investigate United States citizens when we have the tools to do so domestically. He used tax payer money to strong arm a foreign government to investigate a political opponent. There is no other explanation that doesn't require a total disregard of logic.
Take note of the countries that Barr visited last fall. I think he did ask them to investigate.
I'm sorry, I know you like to question things and not accept them on face value but you've just simply taken an indefensible possition on this. Nothing makes sense with your theory of Trump being committed to anti-corruption policy. I didn't even get into his past actions that display a lack of strong ethical decision making.
I will remind you of how you took things at "face value" when Jussie Smollet made his accusation and I didnt.

The only way this makes sense is if he's guilty of what he's accused of.

My responses to each are in red.

Trump will probably get 60% of the popular vote at the rate things are going. There isn’t one single Democratic candidate that can even come close to him

Notice how our resident Trumpsters never go near answering why not allow people with first-hand knowledge from testifying is this was such a scam, a hoax, and a witch hunt?
Uhhh..., you do realize that there were 18 witnesses or so that testified, right? Why didn’t the Democrats do a better job at presenting their “real” case or have some proof. Seems like they can’t ever get it right. Wonder why.

As far as more witnesses. You see, in America, we have this thing called a judicial system. They didn’t allow it.

Uhhh..., you do realize that there were 18 witnesses or so that testified, right? Why didn’t the Democrats do a better job at presenting their “real” case or have some proof.
Yep, this is the standard bullsh*t we get to avoid answering the question.

If only those dems had done a better job, right? Yeah, blocking ALL State Department evidence and preventing Mulvaney, Pompeo, Perry, Giuliani, and Bolton from testifying is a great way of proving this was all a hoax, right?

Face it, you’ve all become complicit in our nation’s biggest cover-up. But the American people aren’t stupid. Truth eventually wins out over corruption and fraud.

[roll][pfftt]
Notice how our resident Trumpsters never go near answering why not allow people with first-hand knowledge from testifying is this was such a scam, a hoax, and a witch hunt?

Democrats: “The evidence was OVERWHELMING as presented from House investigators!!! Slam dunk case from top to bottom!”

also Democrats: “MOAR WITNESSEZ NEEDED!!! MOAR EVIDENCEZ NEEDED!!!! COVER UP!!!!”

Reactions: Ucfmikes
[roll][pfftt]

Democrats: “The evidence was OVERWHELMING as presented from House investigators!!! Slam dunk case from top to bottom!”

also Democrats: “MOAR WITNESSEZ NEEDED!!! MOAR EVIDENCEZ NEEDED!!!! COVER UP!!!!”
You sound just like that clueless Iowa hayseed Trumpster on Comedy Central mouthing the party line.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT