ADVERTISEMENT

Israel is at war

Wow. Comparing Israel to Nazi Germany.
And what did I say? I said they were wrong to attack members of their civilian population.

Do you support what the Israeli military is doing to members of its civilian population living in Palestine?

I find it interesting that we have Americans defending the actions of the Israeli military against Palestinian civilian targets by pointing to Palestinians and saying, "they won't condemn Hamas as a terrorist organization and want us exterminated yet you wonder why we do the things we do."

Well imagine that!!!
If you 'fear for your life' I guess that means 'anything goes,' right? It's essentially the international version of America's 'Stand your Ground' laws.

We roundly condemn and rightly villainize Germany's Nazi military for its treatment of its Jewish population back in the 1940s. But today in 2021 where the victims are Israel's Palestinian population and the aggressor is the Israeli military, we can't see the irony of the two situations?

I have absolutely no problem condemning Hamas and all its terrorist acts -- but let's not fool ourselves. Terrorism includes all the crap that the Israeli military pulls against its Palestinian population too.

Or our militias, many members of which stormed our capitol. Obviously terrorism isnt good, but military action isnt always good either. Hamas was actually formed after an IDF soldier killed 4 Palestinians. The formation of Hamas was literally in response to Israeli military aggression, but for some reason, people only want to vilify one side in all of this and act like Hamas is the cause of all the problems.

Reactions: DaShuckster
And you guys say they were all genocidal monsters.
I'm sure there are a variety of names we could use for the military responsible for the systematic murder of some six million Jews during WWII but 'genocidal monsters' seems to fit.

I'm sure there are a variety of names we could use for the military responsible for the systematic murder of some six million Jews during WWII but 'genocidal monsters' seems to fit.
And that is comparable to the IDF how exactly?

Huh. I don't remember the Nazis saying they were sorry and are looking into how to avoid that in the future. But other than that, you've got a point.
If the German military had said they were sorry, the innocent Jewish women and children they killed would still be dead.

Or our militias, many members of which stormed our capitol. Obviously terrorism isnt good, but military action isnt always good either. Hamas was actually formed after an IDF soldier killed 4 Palestinians. The formation of Hamas was literally in response to Israeli military aggression, but for some reason, people only want to vilify one side in all of this and act like Hamas is the cause of all the problems.
Hamas was an offshoot of the Muslim Brotherhood that was created during the first intifada to be a more activist and nationalist counter to the PLO. It was a part of the Muslim Brotherhood becoming more politically active in the region. Hamas’s charter literally calls for the wholesale replacement of Israel with a Muslim state and rejects all negotiations between the PLO and Israel.

You’re falling for outright propaganda from a group that will stop at nothing less than the complete elimination of Israel.

Reactions: Knight In TN
Hamas was an offshoot of the Muslim Brotherhood that was created during the first intifada to be a more activist and nationalist counter to the PLO. It was a part of the Muslim Brotherhood becoming more politically active in the region. Hamas’s charter literally calls for the wholesale replacement of Israel with a Muslim state and rejects all negotiations between the PLO and Israel.

You’re falling for outright propaganda from a group that will stop at nothing less than the complete elimination of Israel.
It's conveniently ignored, but Hamas still stands by the stance of "from the river to the sea, one Muslim nation".

Were the 16 women and 10 children the Israeli military killed Sunday members of Hamas?

Just maybe stop lobbying rockets at Isreal? Or do you need to be totally woke and remove their rocket defense too.
I'm 'woke' enough to see the statistics and see that 18 Palestinian children have died in the conflict for every 1 Israeli child. Since September, 2000, 11,308 Palestinians have been killed in the conflict compared to 1,275 Israelis.

As conflicts go, this one sure seems awfully one-sided.

Were the 16 women and 10 children the Israeli military killed Sunday members of Hamas?
You don't really care about those lives outside of it being a political narrative. It's fine to admit that, too. I don't see a whole lot of gnashing of teeth over the death tolls in American cities due to gang violence or china exterminating the uighurs.

Reactions: KNIGHTTIME^
I'm 'woke' enough to see the statistics and see that 18 Palestinian children have died in the conflict for every 1 Israeli child. Since September, 2000, 11,308 Palestinians have been killed in the conflict compared to 1,275 Israelis.

Hamas is well aware that they can hide behind women and children and shoot rockets at Israel from schools because people like you will get upset at Israel for firing back ‘At a sChoOl’ and they can be the innocent victims in a skirmish they started themselves.

If you don’t understand that Hamas WANTS PALESTINIAN CHILDREN TO DIE because it plays really well to turn the West against Israel, you don’t have a brain between your ears. Wake the fûck up.

Reactions: Ucfmikes

Stop taking the side of terrorists.

Not very presidential, but I have no problem with this because he was just having fun.
people need to get over this being offended by every off hand remark made. I have no problem with his joke nor them not over reacting to it. Now I do have a problem with the person who thinks it is ok to let a person with dementia drive a truck at 80 mph.

Hamas is well aware that they can hide behind women and children and shoot rockets at Israel from schools because people like you will get upset at Israel for firing back ‘At a sChoOl’ and they can be the innocent victims in a skirmish they started themselves.

If you don’t understand that Hamas WANTS PALESTINIAN CHILDREN TO DIE because it plays really well to turn the West against Israel, you don’t have a brain between your ears. Wake the fûck up.
Yeah, Hamas is so damn evil they force the Israeli military, one of the most powerful armies in the world, to bomb Palestinian schools and murder innocent kids. B-B-But Israel has a right to DEFEND itself, right guys?*

Yeah, Hamas is so damn evil they force the Israeli military, one of the most powerful armies in the world, to bomb Palestinian schools and murder innocent kids. B-B-But Israel has a right to DEFEND itself, right guys?*

Choose your side carefully.

“If the children need to die, they’ll die. This is how we reveal your cruelty.”

What a fûcked and twisted mindset.

Hamas hit a school in Israel too. The difference is that Israel cancelled school and the kids weren’t in the building when the rockets hit. There are Muslims and sectarian Arabs living in peace with Jews in Israel. Israelites are attacked, knifed, raped, and murdered in the Hamas-controlled sections.

The reason the State Department spokesman said that they wanted to wait for confirmation of the reports of X number of children killed is because the Palestinians lie about almost everything and they’ve been caught over and over and over again. I know that it’s chic to back the Palestinians in some circles in the country and that requires them to force an equivalence but the actual truth is that it’s not even close to equivalent and a take like Oliver’s is absolutely ridiculous.

Hamas and Fatah are not your friends, they want Israel gone and after that any US interest in the ME, the Palestinian people largely agree with them, if not actively support them, and anyone placing a Western philosophy prism on their ideology is a fool.

Hamas hit a school in Israel too. The difference is that Israel cancelled school and the kids weren’t in the building when the rockets hit. There are Muslims and sectarian Arabs living in peace with Jews in Israel. Israelites are attacked, knifed, raped, and murdered in the Hamas-controlled sections.

The reason the State Department spokesman said that they wanted to wait for confirmation of the reports of X number of children killed is because the Palestinians lie about almost everything and they’ve been caught over and over and over again. I know that it’s chic to back the Palestinians in some circles in the country and that requires them to force an equivalence but the actual truth is that it’s not even close to equivalent and a take like Oliver’s is absolutely ridiculous.

Hamas and Fatah are not your friends, they want Israel gone and after that any US interest in the ME, the Palestinian people largely agree with them, if not actively support them, and anyone placing a Western philosophy prism on their ideology is a fool.
It’s beyond obvious that the goal here is to turn the West against Israel, and if that happens... we’re looking at another Holocaust. I wish that were hyperbole. But the goal of Hamas is a Muslim state for Palestine in the place of Israel and the obliteration of Israel.

I know that it’s chic to back the Palestinians in some circles in the country and that requires them to force an equivalence but the actual truth is that it’s not even close to equivalent and a take like Oliver’s is absolutely ridiculous.
There certainly isn't anything close to an equivalence. 18 Palestinian children have died in the conflict for every 1 Israeli child. Since September, 2000, 11,308 Palestinians have been killed in the conflict compared to 1,275 Israelis.

That tells me everything I need to know about which side I should be on.
Which 'side' to be on? Why does everything have to be viewed as a 'one side is right and one side is wrong' deals?

I continually hear from you guys that the Palestinians all want to exterminate the Jews. But the death statistics tell the world the real 'extermination' is taking place on the Palestinian 'side.'

If Israel truly wants peace throughout their country, it starts by treating their minority Palestinian population with dignity and respect. Treating them as 'collateral damage' is guaranteed to keep this conflict going on and on and on...

Which 'side' to be on? Why does everything have to be viewed as a 'one side is right and one side is wrong' deals?

I continually hear from you guys that the Palestinians all want to exterminate the Jews. But the death statistics tell the world the real 'extermination' is taking place on the Palestinian 'side.'

If Israel truly wants peace throughout their country, it starts by treating their minority Palestinian population with dignity and respect. Treating them as 'collateral damage' is guaranteed to keep this conflict going on and on and on...
Statements like this just make me think even more that Israel just needs to go ahead and take over the WB and Gaza. The left is going to treat Israel like they are a bunch of terrorist murderers regardless of what they do, so may as well just take measures that allow them to completely eliminate the threat posed by Hamas.

Not everything has to be “one side is right and one side is wrong.” But mfing genocide and extermination as a goal? Yeah, that side is fvcking wrong.

And I know you’re a simple minded person, but holy shit how many times do you have to be shown that the deaths of Palestinian children is an actual goal of Hamas in this conflict? They’ve certainly accomplished their goal with you, which is to “show the Jews’ cruelty.”

“Treat them with dignity and respect, even though they’ve elected leadership (Hamas) that says they hope all Jews will gather in Israel so they don’t have to hunt them down globally.”

It sounds like Israel has had enough. Biden has a major problem on his hands here.

how many times do you have to be shown that the deaths of Palestinian children is an actual goal of Hamas in this conflict? They’ve certainly accomplished their goal with you, which is to “show the Jews’ cruelty.”
Yeah, it's appalling to see how the evil puppetmaster, Hamas, has manipulated the Israeli military to perform atrocious, criminal acts against civilian women and children.*

Statements like this just make me think even more that Israel just needs to go ahead and take over the WB and Gaza. The left is going to treat Israel like they are a bunch of terrorist murderers regardless of what they do, so may as well just take measures that allow them to completely eliminate the threat posed by Hamas.
Interesting, though, that most Jews vote Democratic.

Yeah, it's appalling to see how the evil puppetmaster, Hamas, has manipulated the Israeli military to perform atrocious, criminal acts against civilian women and children.*
Israel needs to stop roof-knocking and calling ahead. People like you don't care what measures they take to avoid killing kids, so they should stop wasting their energy.

Please explain.
It was a little bit tongue in cheek, bit there is some historical basis for it.

The jews that showed up in the US in the late 1800s and early 1900s were trying to get away from the pogroms. When they got here, the Republicans were the fat-cat rich elites, comparable to those in power in Eastern Europe at the time. The democrats protected the poor jews much more than the Republicans, so they became lifelong democrats and passed that down from generation to generation.

I have honestly never understood that pattern.
I honestly don’t understand it myself…
It was a little bit tongue in cheek, bit there is some historical basis for it.

The jews that showed up in the US in the late 1800s and early 1900s were trying to get away from the pogroms. When they got here, the Republicans were the fat-cat rich elites, comparable to those in power in Eastern Europe at the time. The democrats protected the poor jews much more than the Republicans, so they became lifelong democrats and passed that down from generation to generation.
And I don’t believe the last two presidential elections have swayed the Jewish demographic from the Democratic Party much at all. Which is interesting since Trump seemed to be more overtly pro-Israel than previous administrations.

Reactions: sk8knight

And I don’t believe the last two presidential elections have swayed the Jewish demographic from the Democratic Party much at all. Which is interesting since Trump seemed to be more overtly pro-Israel than previous administrations.
Jews in the US really don't seem to put much value in a pro-Israel agenda, and never have. Kind of weird, but I suppose people just shoehorn jews as being adamantly pro-israel as a defining belief. Trump was just trying to pander to the jews by moving the embassy to Jerusalem, and show that he could do something nobody else had followed through on. Ultimately it was just a stupid, meaningless move that nobody really cares about.

The highest populations of Jews in this country are in the Northeast, which is a Democratic area to begin with, so modern day anyway, I dont know that it is really any deeper than that. I think Orthodox Jews are more likely to vote Republican, but they dont have as big of a population in the Jewish community, because a lot of Jews in this country tend to be more culturally Jewish, and not overly religious. Israel probably doesnt mean as much to them, at least with regards to being a voting issue.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT