ADVERTISEMENT

Israel is at war

Jews in the US really don't seem to put much value in a pro-Israel agenda, and never have. Kind of weird, but I suppose people just shoehorn jews as being adamantly pro-israel as a defining belief. Trump was just trying to pander to the jews by moving the embassy to Jerusalem, and show that he could do something nobody else had followed through on. Ultimately it was just a stupid, meaningless move that nobody really cares about.

A lot of Republican views towards Israel arent to pander to Jews, they are to pander to Evangelicals.

Yeah, it's appalling to see how the evil puppetmaster, Hamas, has manipulated the Israeli military to perform atrocious, criminal acts against civilian women and children.*
You’re a genius. What do you propose Israel does when Hamas shoots rockets from civilian areas?

You’re a genius. What do you propose Israel does when Hamas shoots rockets from civilian areas?
As we've seen over and over again, once the Israeli missile defense system knocks those rockets out of the sky, the answer is to order an air strike and bomb the hell out of those civilian areas!!!

Screw any attempts at diplomacy and to hell with the number of people who are killed or have their homes blown away!!! Bombing the shit out of Gaza is clearly the way to win the hearts and minds of the Palestinian people and garner the support of the rest of the World!

Way to 'play tough,' Israel!!!*

As we've seen over and over again, once the Israeli missile defense system knocks those rockets out of the sky, the answer is to order an air strike and bomb the hell out of those civilian areas!!!

Screw any attempts at diplomacy and to hell with the number of people who are killed or have their homes blown away!!! Bombing the shit out of Gaza is clearly the way to win the hearts and minds of the Palestinian people and garner the support of the rest of the World!

Way to 'play tough,' Israel!!!*
That's exactly what they should do, except it doesn't go far enough. They should be bombing ports and energy production facilities as well.

Jews in the US really don't seem to put much value in a pro-Israel agenda, and never have.
I don't know about that. I think it depends on where you are in the country. More on that below...
The highest populations of Jews in this country are in the Northeast, which is a Democratic area to begin with, so modern day anyway, I dont know that it is really any deeper than that. I think Orthodox Jews are more likely to vote Republican, but they dont have as big of a population in the Jewish community, because a lot of Jews in this country tend to be more culturally Jewish, and not overly religious. Israel probably doesnt mean as much to them, at least with regards to being a voting issue.
In terms of the population of Jews, yes, that's true. What's also true is that many, if not most of them, have been to Israel. Basically for free. I think that there is much more of a connection there than we might think. Most of my Jewish friends here in FL (and believe me, I have a ton of them) care very much about Israel.

Just my two pfennig...

Reactions: sk8knight
I don't know about that. I think it depends on where you are in the country. More on that below...

In terms of the population of Jews, yes, that's true. What's also true is that many, if not most of them, have been to Israel. Basically for free. I think that there is much more of a connection there than we might think. Most of my Jewish friends here in FL (and believe me, I have a ton of them) care very much about Israel.

Just my two pfennig...

I am not trying to suggest they dont care about Israel entirely, just that it might not be as high on their political concerns as other issues. But also keep in mind, the Democratic party supports Israel too, even through this current ordeal, the leaders of the party have been saying "Israel has a right to defend itself" over and over. Republicans often try to paint this as Republicans pro Israel, Democrats anti-Israel, but that isnt the case at all. I dont think Democrats use Israel to pander to voters nearly as much, but the party is still a pro Israel Party for the most part, and I am sure Jews in this country understand that.

Ankle breaking pivot coming from shuckster in 3. 2. 1.....
He’s an actual stupid person.

Apparently Israel is supposed to sit back and keep letting Hamas shoot rockets at civilian centers, because the Iron Doom just shoots them all down anyway. That’s an entirely sustainable way to live. Firing back is just cruel, because Hamas doesn’t have a missile defense system and will take heavy casualties.

Of course it would. The use of disproportionate force should always be the approach a country uses when attacked.

That could easily be considered a war crime (though it would obviously depend on the exact situation).

Wow, Israel must have been the only nation to blockade Gaza.
I’ll play. Egypt and Israel both blockaded Gaza after Hamas seized power in 2007. Israel said that they would lift the blockades on three conditions: they had to formally recognize Israel as a country, disavow violent actions, and accept the previous agreements between Israel and the Palestinian Authority. Hamas refuses to this day. Egypt is blockading because they wish to curtail Iranian influence in the region.

It is important to note that the President of the Palestinian Authority, Mahmoud Abbas, is in favor of Egypt’s continued blockade.

Is it possible that Israel has made the mistake of trying to blend western civilization with the tribalism that still exists among most people in the middle east? The populations in region tend to accept the idea that the strong should subjugate the weak. Israel may be trying, like we mistakenly did, to show compassion and instill the ideas of civil rights and individuality among a people that won't accept that concept.

Israel intercepted an armed Iranian drone earlier today. I'm surprised it took this long for them to get involved

In case you were still confused by the propaganda that Hamas puts out and our media and lefties eat up like candy, Palestinians in Los Angeles and New York City have been violently attacking Jews in the streets with no provocation whatsoever. The worst part is the Jews they’re attacking (aside from the one instance against a pro-Israel rally) probably side with the Palestinians when they talk with other Americans.

In case you were still confused by the propaganda that Hamas puts out and our media and lefties eat up like candy, Palestinians in Los Angeles and New York City have been violently attacking Jews in the streets with no provocation whatsoever. The worst part is the Jews they’re attacking (aside from the one instance against a pro-Israel rally) probably side with the Palestinians when they talk with other Americans.
Hmmm... if someone really wanted to see what’s going on here, it’s almost as if Palestinian hatred of Jews isn’t really about “occupation” and is more of the same fundamental hatred of Jews that fueled Hitler.

If you’re attacking an American Jew in NYC, what exactly does that have to do with the “abuses” by the Israeli government of Palestinians in Gaza?

Who knows how long it will last but it was nice to see our President stand up to Netanyahu. After initially telling Biden to f*k off, it's interesting what a difference some actual pressure from the United States makes.

But I have absolutely no illusions this stops thing. It's just a breather between rounds.

Reactions: OLearyLastCall
Who knows how long it will last but it was nice to see our President stand up to Netanyahu. After initially telling Biden to f*k off, it's interesting what a difference some actual pressure from the United States makes.

But I have absolutely no illusions this stops thing. It's just a breather between rounds.
Of course it won’t stop things. Palestinians want Israel wiped off the map.

LOL Beat the holy crap out of me and then ask if I like you. :)

Around 60% in both areas say “the conflict should not end, and resistance should continue until all of historic Palestine is liberated.”

The fact you think this is about Israeli treatment of Palestinians and not about Israeli existence is your problem.

The fact you think this is about Israeli treatment of Palestinians and not about Israeli existence is your problem.
How exactly is the Israeli treatment of the Palestinians encouraging a change-of-heart? Is killing innocent Palestinian women and children leading to a successful resolution of the conflict?

How exactly is the Israeli treatment of the Palestinians encouraging a change-of-heart? Is killing innocent Palestinian women and children leading to a successful resolution of the conflict?
Read. The. Article.

Only around 10% of respondents in either the West Bank or Gaza say their priority is “achieving a one-state solution, in which Arabs and Jews would have equal rights in one state from the river to the sea.” And only around 10% in either place would prefer to become “a citizen of Israel, with equal rights and responsibilities,” rather than a citizen of a Palestinian state.

Palestinians do not want peace with Israel. They want Israel gone.

Apparently over 400 rockets launched by Hamas have fallen short of their make and landed in Gaza causing all kinds of casualties and damage that, of course, is attributed to the Israelis.

Apparently over 400 rockets launched by Hamas have fallen short of their make and landed in Gaza causing all kinds of casualties and damage that, of course, is attributed to the Israelis.
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOH. These atrocities are only with Hamas.

Ooooooookay.

My sarcasm is duplicitous? Isn't "all the bad stuff happening is Hamas' doing" your line?
Hamas is instigating the conflict and intentionally puts civilians at risk, hoping they get killed, so that Hamas can “reveal the cruelty” of the Israelis. Hamas is, in fact, launching hundreds of rockets that kill people that they are trying to pin on Israel. Israel is killing people in Gaza too.

But anyone that advanced past elementary school is able to understand that, while killing is a terrible event all around, there is a difference between Hamas aggressively and wantonly forcing deadly conflict and killing their own people and Israel retailiating against the Hamas leadership and capability to do more of the same.

But anyone that advanced past elementary school is able to understand that, while killing is a terrible event all around, there is a difference between Hamas aggressively and wantonly forcing deadly conflict and killing their own people and Israel retailiating against the Hamas leadership and capability to do more of the same.
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. It's truly amazing how Hamas manipulates the Israeli military like a bunch of mindless puppets. 🙄

You've got to admit, it's pretty damn impressive how my 'advanced elementary school education' kicked your sorry butt in that clear-cut, "he's sure to walk" Chauvin trial? :)

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT