ADVERTISEMENT

It's a "Muslim Ban!"

It's not really fishy at all. The list wasn't created for the purpose of including anybody/everybody that has done things to harm us. The list also wasn't created to benefit business ties of politicians. The list was created based on countries that have almost no control over their own citizens/borders/politicians/corruption. Certainly if you wanted to take a hard line you could add 20 more countries to the list.

image.png

Reactions: MACHater02
Dude , these lefties are so lathered up from losing they can't think straight. I'm not a Trump supporter, but I'm becoming one quickly. The left has become unhinged.

This is what happened to me. I was completely against Trump in the primary and was very apathetic afterwards. The hypocrisy, elitism and hatred from the left made me pick a side.

This is what happened to me. I was completely against Trump in the primary and was very apathetic afterwards. The hypocrisy, elitism and hatred from the left made me pick a side.

Shouldn't your opinion on him rely on his...you know, policies and not what others think of him?

Reactions: MACHater02
Actually it's a que from a bipartisan provision that was included and passed in a National Defense Authorization by the Republican Congress and then signed by the Obama Admin.

Thanks for playing; another swing and a miss.
No, no. You nuts having been going on saying Obama created the list, not a bipartisan group. Don't try to walk it back now.

Shouldn't your opinion on him rely on his...you know, policies and not what others think of him?

I agree with a lot of his policies, not all. There is no candidate out there that checks every box for anyone. I was apathetic but I was always going to vote for the Republican nominee because of Hillary. The left going insane is what caused me to be more openly supportive.

You all say I'm clinging to my Bible and my guns, call me a racist for not voting for Obama, a sexist for not voting for Hillary, a bigot, homophobe, xenophobe, Islamophobe, severely backwards for being Catholic, redneck, white trash, deplorable, etc, etc. Guess what, I'm going to empathize with other people that the left falsely attacks for no reason. You all are only pushing center and right/center folks further away with the violence and hatred.

I agree with a lot of his policies, not all. There is no candidate out there that checks every box for anyone. I was apathetic but I was always going to vote for the Republican nominee because of Hillary. The left going insane is what caused me to be more openly supportive.

You all say I'm clinging to my Bible and my guns, call me a racist for not voting for Obama, a sexist for not voting for Hillary, a bigot, homophobe, xenophobe, Islamophobe, severely backwards for being Catholic, redneck, white trash, deplorable, etc, etc. Guess what, I'm going to empathize with other people that the left falsely attacks for no reason. You all are only pushing center and right/center folks further away with the violence and hatred.

You do realize both sides do this to each other? Also - the vast majority of people don't fall into the category of calling each other extremes. The extreme conservatives call liberals tree-hugging druggies who do nothing with their lives, while the extreme liberals call conservatives bible thumping, gun loving racists.

The vast majority of us don't fall into either of these categories. I have plenty of conservative friends that are much more down to earth and articulate their positions well, just like I am sure you have some democrat friends who aren't as crazy as others.

You do realize both sides do this to each other? Also - the vast majority of people don't fall into the category of calling each other extremes. The extreme conservatives call liberals tree-hugging druggies who do nothing with their lives, while the extreme liberals call conservatives bible thumping, gun loving racists.

The vast majority of us don't fall into either of these categories. I have plenty of conservative friends that are much more down to earth and articulate their positions well, just like I am sure you have some democrat friends who aren't as crazy as others.

The problem is that the middle ground you described is evaporating. People don't disagree anymore- they hate the other side. I've seen people who used to barely lean left now asserting that Trump voters are terrorists, racists, etc etc etc Vice versa.

This idea of "unity" in this country is basically dead. I don't sense anyone seeking unity anymore- just making sure they label those who disagree with them in the most vulgar terms possible. Personally I think saying "national unity" is just fake lip service to something that doesn't exist.

People in California hate and detest the middle of the country they blame for the election. People in the middle hate the coast for their perceived indifference to their lives or cities.

The problem is that the middle ground you described is evaporating. People don't disagree anymore- they hate the other side. I've seen people who used to barely lean left now asserting that Trump voters are terrorists, racists, etc etc etc Vice versa.

This idea of "unity" in this country is basically dead. I don't sense anyone seeking unity anymore- just making sure they label those who disagree with them in the most vulgar terms possible. Personally I think saying "national unity" is just fake lip service to something that doesn't exist.

People in California hate and detest the middle of the country they blame for the election. People in the middle hate the coast for their perceived indifference to their lives or cities.

Don't disagree with you.

Funny thing for me is .... I would have voted for 10 other guys before Trump in the primary. He was basically my last pick. However, I wouldn't vote for Hillary if you paid me 100K so I was forced to vote for Trump.

Now that I see him tearing up stuff already after a week, I think I like him more now. Washington DC is such a cesspool (I work there a lot) I'm glad he is ripping them to shreds.

I'm not talking about the vocal minority, I don't care about them, they have no say. I'm talking about the mainstream media and politicians. Outside of Fox, which IS right leaning, every other network and news outlet is liberal and they're not hiding their bias anymore. They're the ones attacking conservatives, Republicans and Trump voters on a daily basis. Anything you turn on or read, daytime talk shows, ESPiN, SI, nightly network news, Sunday morning news.

I'm not talking about the vocal minority, I don't care about them, they have no say. I'm talking about the mainstream media and politicians. Outside of Fox, which IS right leaning, every other network and news outlet is liberal and they're not hiding their bias anymore. They're the ones attacking conservatives, Republicans and Trump voters on a daily basis. Anything you turn on or read, daytime talk shows, ESPiN, SI, nightly network news, Sunday morning news.

I don't think some of those outlets are being forced to say any of those things though, the reporters and journalists just actually feel that way. Some of the networks are obviously clearly biased but I also don't think they are trying to hide that like you're saying. We all know most major networks other than Fox skew liberal. Could it just be a large portion of the country feels this way about him and his policies?

I understand there is a large population that agrees with him too - and take this as me "attacking" them if you want - but the people who agree with the policies are less likely to be involved in a national media company. You typically need a college education to be in that profession (not always, but typically) and college educated people tend to skew Liberal. I'd think a communications degree also skews even more liberal than some others (I don't have any facts to back that up).

I don't think some of those outlets are being forced to say any of those things though, the reporters and journalists just actually feel that way. Some of the networks are obviously clearly biased but I also don't think they are trying to hide that like you're saying. We all know most major networks other than Fox skew liberal. Could it just be a large portion of the country feels this way about him and his policies?
I think a large portion of the country does feel that way about him and his policies. However, the content they use to reach that conclusion doesn't have the political discourse weighing the pros and cons from multiple view points. A viewer has to go out of their way to get both sides of the story and that's a problem because people are too lazy to do it.

The content providers don't do their viewers the service of providing unbiased debate, so the viewer comes away with either the left or right viewpoint instead of landing somewhere in the middle (which studies say is the political philosophy of most Americans).

The media in general is mostly Op-Eds and emotionally charged yelling matches. If the "professionals" do that, how can we expect Joe Schmo to act any different.

Reactions: UCFWayne
I used to listen to NRP podcasts when I worked out but had to stop. The personalities and reporters are so incredibly biased. There was very little effort to conceal the fact that they were skewing stories in one way or another.

NPR is basically taxpayer funded partisanship.

I understand there is a large population that agrees with him too - and take this as me "attacking" them if you want - but the people who agree with the policies are less likely to be involved in a national media company. You typically need a college education to be in that profession (not always, but typically) and college educated people tend to skew Liberal. I'd think a communications degree also skews even more liberal than some others (I don't have any facts to back that up).
Judging by the last several elections, it seems more people are skewing right at the moment. Where is the shift towards the middle for the media? From what I have seen in the main stream media in the past year has been a shift even further left. There is hardly any unbiased reporting left.

Reactions: fabknight

They're not forced to do it, that is who they are. Yes half the country disagrees with him but the other half agrees with him. The first half isn't any better than the second. The media is not half and half though, it's all liberal. There isn't even real journalism anymore, it's all biased.

As for education, the gap isn't as big as you think, it's 49% - 42% in favor of left of center. These media companies are liberal think tanks and don't hire anyone outside of their box. They don't want conservative viewpoints clouding their propaganda.

All you have to do is read the stories about Bannon today. Every single one calls him leader of the fake news/alt-right/white nationalist racists movement because he was at Breitbart. Not just that he was the editor at Breitbart but that he is essentially the Imperial Wizard of the KKK.

[roll]
People who watch Fox News and read Breitbart calling the "liberal media" biased and propaganda!

Speaking how far left the media and the Dems are today, this Dem President would be labeled "Hilter!" by those 2 groups today.

[roll]
People who watch Fox News and read Breitbart calling the "liberal media" biased and propaganda!

[roll]

People who get spoonfed liberal talking points by every major media outlet still constantly whine and bitch about the one network that doesn't skew left.

[roll]

People who get spoonfed liberal talking points by every major media outlet still constantly whine and bitch about the one network that doesn't skew left.

How many times have I asked you for supporting facts or evidence for some of your claims? You have rarely, if ever, provided those facts. Since when did expecting supporting evidence become something only liberals did?

We have a thread in this forum today, and a national story on Fox News, about "Obama's Muslim Ban" from 2011 which never existed. There are absolutely no supporting facts or evidence to support its existence. Nothing.
We have a President and his spokespeople fabricating stories that can easily be verified as false. They even goofed up and used a ridiculous statement about "alternative facts." The only media outlets who spread this garbage are the supposed "non-liberal media."

People don't whine and bitch about the one network that doesn't skew left. They laugh at, and can't believe there are idiots who fall for, the one network that manages to spread complete falsehoods on a regular basis.

How many times have I asked you for supporting facts or evidence for some of your claims? You have rarely, if ever, provided those facts. Since when did expecting supporting evidence become something only liberals did?

We have a thread in this forum today, and a national story on Fox News, about "Obama's Muslim Ban" from 2011 which never existed. There are absolutely no supporting facts or evidence to support its existence. Nothing.
We have a President and his spokespeople fabricating stories that can easily be verified as false. They even goofed up and used a ridiculous statement about "alternative facts." The only media outlets who spread this garbage are the supposed "non-liberal media."

People don't whine and bitch about the one network that doesn't skew left. They laugh at, and can't believe there are idiots who fall for, the one network that manages to spread complete falsehoods on a regular basis.

[roll][roll][roll][roll]

I linked an article from ABC, CBob linked an article from CBS. Neither one of those are associated with EVIL RACIST FOX NEWS!!! They are the MSLM. Fox News wasn't sourced once in that thread.

[roll][roll][roll][roll]

We never landed on the moon either. I bet W really orchestrated 9/11.

[roll][roll][roll][roll]

Someone forgot to tell Trudeau, May, and several Republican politicians that this was faux outrage created by the left and the media.

Yeah, we should listen to foreign leaders about what is best for our country... We should make a call to Khomeini and Assad for their input too. The GOP establishment is gonna faux rage over Trump. They've been faux raging since June 2015.

Meh, was just watching it. Kraughthammer was harping on the execution of it which everyone knows was bad. Trump and Co have a lot to learn about staying ahead of the MSLM and not letting them spin it. It's their first couple weeks, they'll figure it out. O'Reilly was far from a Trump friend during the primary, he's toeing the line now though.

Meh, was just watching it. Kraughthammer was harping on the execution of it which everyone knows was bad. Trump and Co have a lot to learn about staying ahead of the MSLM and not letting them spin it. It's their first couple weeks, they'll figure it out. O'Reilly was far from a Trump friend during the primary, he's toeing the line now though.

Trump needs to learn to at least listen to his own damn Secretaries and agencies and allow their inputs. Such as DHS.

[roll][roll][roll][roll]

I linked an article from ABC, CBob linked an article from CBS. Neither one of those are associated with EVIL RACIST FOX NEWS!!! They are the MSLM. Fox News wasn't sourced once in that thread.

[roll][roll][roll][roll]

We never landed on the moon either. I bet W really orchestrated 9/11.

[roll][roll][roll][roll]
First one is accurate. Second one kinda more so rhymes with dews.

Coke comes up with new creative ways of using the English language and structuring sentences but some of you come up with new acronyms everyday...

What is SJW?
Is MSLM, Mainstream Liberal Media?

Nah, all the dems be crazy

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT