ADVERTISEMENT

J Dawkins leaving??

I say we hire Ron Jeremy ... Whoops I mean Stan Van Gundy.
I say we hire Stan Van Gundy..... Whoops I mean the Hedgehog Ron Jeremy
ekY7l1xklw0l.jpg

Reactions: lawknight
If Vandy offers I bet he goes. A chance to coach in the SEC with all the financial benefits etc., how could you pass that up? Then if he does good with them, he’s a shoo-in to take Coach K’s place when he retires. If he waits another year at UCF he might have the problem he did last year with injuries or just a plain bad team. Then the water is much more muddied.

Was Johnny Dawkins a Danny White hire? If not we get to finally experience White's strength in hiring a mens basketball coach.

No convinced he will leave but I'm more than happy to read about potential future coaches to fill the void of the off season.

His best season is coaching three senior starters, two of which he didn't recruit the other being his son. Having him leave would be a win, get money, hire Buffalo coach.

Otherwise you have two possible conclusions, next year the team takes a big step back and no one wants him including UCF or the team succeeds and someone takes a real run at him and he leaves but now Buffalo coach is gone also.

No convinced he will leave but I'm more than happy to read about potential future coaches to fill the void of the off season.
I think Coach Dawkins wants to stay but he’s looking for a much bigger financial commitment from DW. We can’t compete with Cinci, Memphis, Houston, Whicita, and UConn conistently if DW and the fan base doesn’t make a big commitment to the program. Houston and Memphis just recently opened $20 million dollar stand alone basketball training facilities. I also believe that Coach Dawkins felt bad that the team didn’t get more support from fans and students especially since we won consistently throughout the year.

I’ve been a football and basketball season ticket holder for 17 years. Too many people take the position that I’ll support the team when they start winning. But all programs that became great did it after those programs had huge support from the schools administration and fan base for a lot of years win or lose. Schools in the SEC didn’t just start supporting their schools 30 years ago when TV and money became a big deal. They have been showing up and at a minimum buying season tickets for 80 years.

I know we are young but our alumni base needs to grow up. If you want want to be big time it’s starts with making an annual financial commitment and going to games as often as possible. If we can sell 30,000 football season tickets why in the hell can’t we purchase at least 7,000 season tickets for men’s basketball. That would be huge for the program.

I think Coach Dawkins wants to stay but he’s looking for a much bigger financial commitment from DW. We can’t compete with Cinci, Memphis, Houston, Whicita, and UConn conistently if DW and the fan base doesn’t make a big commitment to the program. Houston and Memphis just recently opened $20 million dollar stand alone basketball training facilities. I also believe that Coach Dawkins felt bad that the team didn’t get more support from fans and students especially since we won consistently throughout the year.

I’ve been a football and basketball season ticket holder for 17 years. Too many people take the position that I’ll support the team when they start winning. But all programs that became great did it after those programs had huge support from the schools administration and fan base for a lot of years win or lose. Schools in the SEC didn’t just start supporting their schools 30 years ago when TV and money became a big deal. They have been showing up and at a minimum buying season tickets for 80 years.

I know we are young but our alumni base needs to grow up. If you want want to be big time it’s starts with making an annual financial commitment and going to games as often as possible. If we can sell 30,000 football season tickets why in the hell can’t we purchase at least 7,000 season tickets for men’s basketball. That would be huge for the program.

How about sell beer and don't charge me $10 to park every game?

X2! It was pitiful seeing the second to last home game’s student section, 1/3 full at the most. I just don’t get it???

good point that our terrible attendance probably doesn't help in keeping coaches and we don't travel even close to football levels.

I still think it would be a lazy hire for Vandy or someone else if they make it. They are getting fooled in the moment, there is a very real chance that UCF would suck for the next 3 seasons if he stayed bc he struggles at recruiting. Apparently the same thing happened at Stanford, one tourney run then downhill

Reactions: Ucfmikes and JAFFX2
How about sell beer and don't charge me $10 to park every game?

All about marketing the product to the broad fan base......the program and fan base is not mature enough to make this about revenue.....focus on providing value and an exciting experience. As far as the students, not much of an excuse........

Reactions: Knight Strength
All about marketing the product to the broad fan base......focus on providing value and an exciting experience. As far as the students, not much of an excuse........
I think Danny White's season ticket philosophy(with somewhat expensive single game tix compared to the rest of the AAC) that has worked in Football may not translate to working in basketball. He has to remember that UCF is in a NBA city with a state of the art arena Downtown

Reactions: JAFFX2
I think Danny White's season ticket philosophy(with somewhat expensive single game tix compared to the rest of the AAC) that has worked in Football may not translate to working in basketball. He has to remember that UCF is in a NBA city with a state of the art arena Downtown

Exactly.....

If we lose Dawkins... DW needs to Go back to his Duke connections and hire Jon Scheyer.

Took me a couple minutes and first team I chose proved you wrong. In 1992 Gonzaga was 165th in attendance at 3k per game. I’m willing to bet this year was more. They show up when you win.

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/m_basketball_RB/Reports/attend/1992.pdf

We’d be at 9000 which is what Duke is.

There attendance has actually been proportional to growth in the university. 75% of student population. If UCF just got 10% of students into a game regularly they would have strong numbers.

We are better with Dawkins than without him.
Kids now know who he is if they didn’t before.

It would be a big loss to lose him despite the fact that we wil take a step back for a few years. We had a few very good players that rarely play as seniors at their best in the same year.

Reactions: UCFhonors
His best season is coaching three senior starters, two of which he didn't recruit the other being his son. Having him leave would be a win, get money, hire Buffalo coach.

Otherwise you have two possible conclusions, next year the team takes a big step back and no one wants him including UCF or the team succeeds and someone takes a real run at him and he leaves but now Buffalo coach is gone also.

Man you sound like such a loser.

We had our best season ever and you want to get rid of coach? I feel bad for your family and friends. If you haven’t forsaken all of them already.

Reactions: lawknight
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT