ADVERTISEMENT

J Dawkins leaving??

Decided my position is its a big loss if he leaves. Even those who dislike his coaching style and think he can't recruit have to acknowledge the benefit of continuity.
In college football, Frost staying three or four years would be ok...probably expected.
Dawkins has been here three years. Then again he spent eight at Stanford beforehand.
This doesnt look like your typical progression.

Last edited:
Ad hominems are just an admission that you lack the intellectual ability to refute a point.

Go find yourself a UCFree bench, and sit this one out. You're making the fanbase look UCFoolish.

You always seem to deflect with a totally unrelated comeback. Stop being a total dick with your nonsense and go back to Soundoff where someone might actually give a crap about what you have to say. I'm done with you Spanky.....

#Honors=UCFNutHugger

Last edited:
Reactions: LemmyKilmister
My initial read is he’s staying from what he said before the Duke game, he didn’t talk in those third person when referring to our team. Frost did and that’s when I knew he was out. Still holding my breath though...

You always seem to deflect with a totally unrelated comeback. Stop being a total dick with your nonsense and go back to Soundoff where someone might actually give a crap about what you have to say. I'm done with you Spanky.....

#Honors=UCFNutHugger

Let’s clear this up for you then. I have been here, and having meals with the coaches long enough to know some people way overreact here.

Some of you people need to get out behind the keyboards and go to dinners & lunches with the coaches and go to practices like I do.

I have been the most vocal critic of our bad coaches like Brent Key and personnel like Keith Tribble well before they were exposed for being trash. BTW this is before the “like” button was created on Rivals.

On the UCFlip side, I’m loyal to the coaches that I believe in. I believe in Johnny. I will stand up for my UCFriends as loudly as the critics are. That’s called loyalty.

You probably have never even met him. Which is the only explaination that I can think of why you would call me a nut huggers for believing in the coach who has given us our 2 best season ever.

And for your knowledge, ad hominems like calling someone a nuthugger, isn’t making a point.

I admit I haven't watched the video or read every post in this thread.

1) Does he use the words "this place" or "special place" anywhere in the video or any recent interview?

2) Has he been seen wearing any other teams colors? Vanderbilt may be hard to spot or decipher.

Let's stay on the nut-hugging topic. This is a fan forum. If we're not at least hugging UCF nuts we ought to be gargling them.

PS I met Johnny once at Coopers Hawk. We were leaving the restaurant at the same time and he was with some guys who I think were visiting from Europe. Some lady ran up to him talking about how she was a donor "...blah blah blah". Johnny was being cool but I had done a wine flight and needed to take a leak so I didn't stick around. Luckily he was waiting outside when I came out and my girl was still inside so we talked a bit. Talked about how Alex Parr (mbb strength coach) is doing a great job and he showed me some before-and-after pics of Chad Brown.

Probably the closest I'll ever be to going to a meal with a coach.

Let's stay on the nut-hugging topic. This is a fan forum. If we're not at least hugging UCF nuts we ought to be gargling them.

PS I met Johnny once at Coopers Hawk. We were leaving the restaurant at the same time and he was with some guys who I think were visiting from Europe. Some lady ran up to him talking about how she was a donor "...blah blah blah". Johnny was being cool but I had done a wine flight and needed to take a leak so I didn't stick around. Luckily he was waiting outside when I came out and my girl was still inside so we talked a bit. Talked about how Alex Parr (mbb strength coach) is doing a great job and he showed me some before-and-after pics of Chad Brown.

Some European Scouts hopefully. We can’t get the top tier Americans so maybe we can get a couple top overseas kids.

Btw, I think I’d rather hug than gargle. Just me though.

Excellent story.

One of my recent UCFavorites;

I was at a local UCF bar right after the Huep got hired. Or maybe it was late February... anyways it was the dead period for UCFootball. This guy didn’t look like he belonged. He was with his wife and wife’s Gf. So I went to them to welcome them.

“Do you go to UCF?” I said.

“Kinda. I coach there”.

“Interesting. I know all the coaches. I don’t recognize you. Were you just hired?” I asked.

“Actually, yeah”

“Nice. Welcome to UCF. For which sport?”

“UCFootball”.

That’s when I bowed up and told this guy, who was awesome, everything that he needed to know about UCF UCFootball.

That knight, remindeded me of something that I already knew. Our coaches are people. If you treat them as such you’ll get far. BUT if you treat them as celebrities, they will treat as such.

Dropping names isn’t braggadocio. It’s like business. Dropping names shows you have knowledge and experience.

Our coaches want community and Real UCFan support.

Be real UCFans like us, is my point.

#UCFacts.

s-l300.jpg

No news = Good news. Lots of negotiations taking place most likely.

Johnny stays and Aubrey may stay at UCF

Johnny goes and Aubrey is 100% gone.

Reactions: Knight Strength
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT