ADVERTISEMENT

JRP Injury

Funny thing is that I don’t hate UCF or it’s sports programs…like at all. If you have not figured it out…I like to argue college football and UCF provides and almost unlimited amount of fans (most not very knowledgeable about college football) that are willing to argue.
Fair enough sir, thanks.

That seems to be Gus' M.O. but what if Timmy beats Villanova and then we go to KS ST (on the road) and beat the #15 team (right now) and defending B12 champion? Gus would be under a lot more pressure than last year to change his ways. And if Timmy kept on winning before JRP comes back that pressure increases exponentially because we'd be rated (and weren't with JRP). A game within a game. I sure as hell hope we keep winning because I'd really like to see what unfolds.
Remember Mikey? What did Gus do with Mikey?

Remember Mikey? What did Gus do with Mikey?
Let's see how Timmy performs as a starter and compare him to Mikey. It may not matter with Gus but, then again, Timmy could gain a whole lot of fan support (more than Mikey) with a couple (or more) great games. Again, I sure as hell hope we keep winning because I'd really like to see what unfolds.

Reactions: Yaes
Fans don’t realize or don’t want to realize that QB’s and OC’s don’t want to play/work for the man.

You have a lunatic like this auburn legacy character trying to promote Malhazan for some unknown and strange reason.

No. 1, You live in the past. Miami hasn't been relevant in decades. Everything noteworthy Miami has accomplished happened before any current college player was born.

No. 2, UCF must not have a lot of knowledgeable college fans if they give any credence to anything you post. You have some of the most retarded, rinse and repeat garbage takes that you saw posted elsewhere (by another idiot) and rehashed here. You seldom post a original thought.

No. 3, Malzahn had eight starting quarterbacks at Auburn. Chris Todd was the SEC Newcomer of the Year in 2008 and First Team All-SEC in 2009; Cam Newton won the Heisman in 2010; Barrett Trotter was 6-2 when lost for the season to injury; Nick Marshall played for a national championship and plays in the CFL; Jeremy Johnson (a flop) plays in the Liga de Fútbol Americano Profesional league; Sean White was a drunkard; Jarrett Stidham plays for the Denver Broncos (Malik Willis, who couldn't start, was a third round pick); and Bo Nix is about to a first rounder! So six of Malzahn's guys play or played professional ball.

No. 4, Malzahn is a coaching legend. He doesn't need an offensive coordinator because he IS the offensive coordinator. No one "wants to play/work for the man" because he doesn't need them. All he wants is a QB Coach. He hires only Yes Men who he trusts.

Last edited:
No. 1, You live in the past. Miami hasn't been relevant in decades. Everything noteworthy Miami has accomplished happened before any current college player was born.

No. 2, UCF must not have a lot of knowledgeable college fans if they give any credence to anything you post. You have some of the most retarded, rinse and repeat garbage takes that you saw posted elsewhere (by another idiot) and rehashed here. You seldom post a original thought.

No. 3, Malzahn had eight starting quarterbacks at Auburn. Chris Todd was the SEC Newcomer of the Year in 2008 and First Team All-SEC in 2009; Cam Newton won the Heisman in 2010; Barrett Trotter was 6-2 when lost for the season to injury; Nick Marshall played for a national championship and plays in the CFL; Jeremy Johnson (a flop) plays in the Liga de Fútbol Americano Profesional league; Sean White was a drunkard; Jarrett Stidham plays for the Denver Broncos (Malik Willis, who couldn't start, was a third round pick); and Bo Nix is about to a first rounder! So six of Malzahn's guys play or played professional ball.

No. 4, Malzahn is a coaching legend. He doesn't need an offensive coordinator because he IS the offensive coordinator. No one "wants to play/work for the man" because he doesn't need them. All he wants is a QB Coach. He hires only Yes Men who he trusts.
Why do you even post here and at UCF 247 weirdo?

I was there with my kids.

Since y'all were there, how were y'all treated by Boise State fans? It was a guy-wrenching, heart-breaking loss. Were their fans good sports or did they form a lynch mob after the game?

Auburn folks had a good time in California. Most said San Francisco was worse than they imagined. Bears fans were cool I heard.

One yuppie at the game posted a lot of derogatory but hilarious things about Auburn fans though.

Why do you? You're the one with a paid account over there. You're the one who posts information behind a pay wall like its your own. :D
I have a paid account at ITU247. I don’t have a paid account at any UCF site. I already said why I post here and it should be obvious to begin with.

Why do you post here and at UCF 247 weirdo? Looney Tunes here said that “Gus Malhazan is the rightful Auburn head coach.” He is also a self admitted religious nut.

A delusional conspiracy theorist and a religious fanatic…education level 10th grade or below.

Last edited:
Why do you post here and at UCF 247 weirdo?

I think everybody, including you, knows the answer to that question hoss.

Gus has transcended the game. Revolutionized it. His contributions will surpass his own lifetime and will live on through other coaches.

Name one contribution to the sport that coat tail grabber in South Beach has done. He is where he is because he knew somebody who knew somebody. He is a placemat. A cupholder.

Gus, meanwhile, is the real deal. Good Lord willing, Gus will make a believer out of everyone.

Reactions: 90Knight
Since y'all were there, how were y'all treated by Boise State fans? It was a guy-wrenching, heart-breaking loss. Were their fans good sports or did they form a lynch mob after the game?

Auburn folks had a good time in California. Most said San Francisco was worse than they imagined. Bears fans were cool I heard.

One yuppie at the game posted a lot of derogatory but hilarious things about Auburn fans though.

They were the nicest fans I’ve ever had the pleasure to be around at an away game. From the restaurants, hotel, and walking around town or at the game, everyone thanked us for coming and hoped we have a good time. One fan walking next to us on the way to the stadium said he couldn’t believe how many fans of ours traveled there, that it was more fans visiting fans than he can ever recall.

There was only one Boise fan sitting behind us that was a jerk, but I’m pretty sure he was reacting due to a UCF fan a few rows down who was being obnoxious. Fan just below us gave my kids a box of sour patch kids and the ones directly behind were really cool talked the whole game about each others players. Even walking the concourse for restrooms people were just nice, wishing us good luck and hoping we had a great time.

I am super jealous of their stadium. That place is awesome, Boise itself is awesome, a beautiful place. They got really loud, my Apple Watch kept going off due to over 100 dBs. I went to TN UF game last year, it still amazes me that UCF games and this 36,000 Boise Stadium is just as loud (seem louder to me actually) venue than that 100k+ stadium.

It’s a shame they got left out of realignment. Their facilities are great, fans are super passionate and it’s a beautiful place.

I think everybody, including you, knows the answer to that question hoss.

Gus has transcended the game. Revolutionized it. His contributions will surpass his own lifetime and will live on through other coaches.

Name one contribution to the sport that coat tail grabber in South Beach has done. He is where he is because he knew somebody who knew somebody. He is a placemat. A cupholder.

Gus, meanwhile, is the real deal. Good Lord willing, Gus will make a believer out of everyone.
Wars, hunger, disease, natural disasters and everything else that important…not sure where the career goals of an old millionaire football coach fits in the order of things with the big guy.

Last edited:
They were the nicest fans I’ve ever had the pleasure to be around at an away game. From the restaurants, hotel, and walking around town or at the game, everyone thanked us for coming and hoped we have a good time. One fan walking next to us on the way to the stadium said he couldn’t believe how many fans of ours traveled there, that it was more fans visiting fans than he can ever recall.

There was only one Boise fan sitting behind us that was a jerk, but I’m pretty sure he was reacting due to a UCF fan a few rows down who was being obnoxious. Fan just below us gave my kids a box of sour patch kids and the ones directly behind were really cool talked the whole game about each others players. Even walking the concourse for restrooms people were just nice, wishing us good luck and hoping we had a great time.

I am super jealous of their stadium. That place is awesome, Boise itself is awesome, a beautiful place. They got really loud, my Apple Watch kept going off due to over 100 dBs. I went to TN UF game last year, it still amazes me that UCF games and this 36,000 Boise Stadium is just as loud (seem louder to me actually) venue than that 100k+ stadium.

It’s a shame they got left out of realignment. Their facilities are great, fans are super passionate and it’s a beautiful place.
Beautiful and very clean city. The stadium was pretty awesome but they could improve the concession stand situation. I feel like our stadium actually has them beat in this category if nothing else. Their fans were passionate but not obnoxiously so and were really cool people to talk to for the most part. We’re definitely louder in my opinion though. There’s always a few bad apples but I thought we represented UCF really well as well. I would really love to have return games there if it wasn’t so far away.

Wars, hunger, disease, natural disasters and everything else that important…not sure where the career goals of an old millionaire football coach fits in the order of things with the big guy.

Wars, hunger, disease, famine, natural disasters, etc., those may loom large in our eyes. But nothing in our lives appears great or small (not even the career whims of an old millionaire football coach and his "antiquated" offense) to the King of Kings.

And that's why we take all things to Him.

Why do you post here and at UCF 247 weirdo? Looney Tunes here said that “Gus Malhazan is the rightful Auburn head coach.” He is also a self admitted religious nut.

A delusional conspiracy theorist and a religious fanatic…education level 10th grade or below.

Gus Malzahn is the rightful head coach of the Auburn Tigers. Check.
Conspiracy theorist. Check.
Zealot. Check.
But 10th grade level education???

Come in now... I'll have you know when I graduated, I ranked 19th in my class

of 23.

Why don't you talk about yourself? You seem to like making presumptions about others. Let's hear your story.

Mikey lost to navy. He isn’t a good example of what should be done if they win every game while starting.
Fair enough. That Navy game was a textbook on our defense “ how not to get off the field” our old dc couldn’t get off the field n it seemed like Navy had possession all game long and we went 3 n out the few times we had possessions.

Reactions: FoxKnight
Mikey lost to navy. He isn’t a good example of what should be done if they win every game while starting.
Plumlee and Keene both played one half each. Oddly, when Keene was in he had less pass attempts than Plumlee. Even though Keene had 6 possessions in his half and Plumlee only had 4 in his half.

Navy rush defense was ranked #6 in the nation, their pass defense was #98.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Plumlee and Keene both played one half each. Oddly, when Keene was in he had less pass attempts than Plumlee. Even though Keene had 6 possessions in his half and Plumlee only had 4 in his half.

Navy rush defense was ranked #6 in the nation, their pass defense was #98.
Keene was sacked 4 times. Technically he had more drop backs. Just couldn’t get rid of it all the time.

Reactions: Wings0fred
Keene was sacked 4 times. Technically he had more drop backs. Just couldn’t get rid of it all the time.
Our OL was really quite bad last year. MK and JRP both had very little time to throw, didn’t matter who we faced it seemed. This year the pass-pro pocket looks really good, lots of time AND on top of that I saw a stat today on X where we are like top 3 in FBS for yards before contact on rushes for our RBs at like 4.3-4.4. Those guys have played lights out so far.

Reactions: Guinness_Knight
UCF has played two bad G5 teams.

Right now, Boise State is at the bottom of the Mountain West standings. LSWho, uat, and Texas A&M are the bottom of the SEC West standings.

Let's see how long those teams are at the bottom. I would wager that once league play begins, Boise won't be a "bad G5 team." In fact, I bet Boise will be playing for another conference title at the end of the season.

Reactions: FoxKnight
My guess is he's out 6 weeks. Since they haven't even said what the injury is it's pure speculation on my part, but the circumstantial evidence points toward "several" rather than a "couple" weeks.

Reactions: hendu1976fl
Right now, Boise State is at the bottom of the Mountain West standings. LSWho, uat, and Texas A&M are the bottom of the SEC West standings.

Let's see how long those teams are at the bottom. I would wager that once league play begins, Boise won't be a "bad G5 team." In fact, I bet Boise will be playing for another conference title at the end of the season.
Boise State gave up over 500 yards and six TDs PASSING against Washington and lost by 37 points. Kent State is possibly the worst team in FBS.

Just follow what your pervert head coach Hugh Freeze is doing. You repeatedly fail here Malzahn simp.

I believe what a lot of you are thinking: he will be out more than just “a few weeks.” My guess is 6-8 weeks, especially because he only has a chance to be effective if the threat to run is there. Gus is going to be vague about it for competitive advantage. Let’s see how Timmy does. It’s possible that if Timmy is prolific throwing the ball, JRP doesn’t even see the field again til the bowl game.

Boise State gave up over 500 yards and six TDs PASSING against Washington and lost by 37 points. Kent State is possibly the worst team in FBS.

Just follow what your pervert head coach Hugh Freeze is doing. You repeatedly fail here Malzahn simp.

So the No. 1 passing offense in the nation and the No. 1 rushing offense in the nation had a field day against them. Maybe you need to realize Washington and UCF are just a cut above other lessor programs (such as miami).

BTW, Arkansas wasn't too proud of its performance against "possibly the worst team in FBS."

Reactions: U C to the F
I believe what a lot of you are thinking: he will be out more than just “a few weeks.” My guess is 6-8 weeks, especially because he only has a chance to be effective if the threat to run is there. Gus is going to be vague about it for competitive advantage. Let’s see how Timmy does. It’s possible that if Timmy is prolific throwing the ball, JRP doesn’t even see the field again til the bowl game.

Possibly, but I doubt it. More than five minutes passed from the point where JRP was hurt to where he was inserted back into the football game for the final two downs. If his injury was as severe as some suggest, he couldn't have finished the game.

MK can sling it, and Gus had him on the bench. The possibility is very real Timmy has the better arm.

Possibly, but I doubt it. More than five minutes passed from the point where JRP was hurt to where he was inserted back into the football game for the final two downs. If his injury was as severe as some suggest, he couldn't have finished the game.
He was also already standing and taking steps in the full cast/leg brace at practice. It looked REALLY bad, but if he’s waking/standing without crutches then it can’t be that bad. I’d think 4 weeks minimum though still.

Might not have been an UCF fan at the time, but we had a WR with an ACL injury continue to play after the injury, so I wouldn't judge on what you said. Pain v epinephrine.

Reactions: Yaes
Refresh my memory...

was that before or after you proclaimed Boise State the unquestionable victors with several minutes left on the clock?

• Haha
Reactions: U C to the F
I’d think 4 weeks minimum though still.

Gus is going to bring him back as soon as humanly possible. I know I will have to eat my words, but so far, JRP has been playing quarterback at a very high level. He is the team's leading rusher, landing just outside the nation's top 50 at 51 overall, and he ranks 30th nationally in passing yards. Although he is tied for second nationally with 4 interceptions, at no fault of his own, he ranks 39th nationally in pass efficiency. JRP has the 16th highest QB rating according to PFF. His tank is higher than Keene and Dillion Gabriel.

EDIT: Mikey Keene is 19th in passing yards nationally.

Timmy McClain is a feel good story and UCF should BLOW OUT this whole Hometown Hero narrative. But this move, overall, is a step in the wrong direction. The play calling and offensive design are geared toward making JRP process faster and make quicker decisions. Now all that is out the window as UCF is entering the toughest part of its schedule.

Last edited:
Refresh my memory...

was that before or after you proclaimed Boise State the unquestionable victors with several minutes left on the clock?

It was definitely before he led the first game winning drive of his high school or collegiate career (9 years in all).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT