ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas St 🟪 -8

you can jabber all you wish. but will howard will not be at qb. i know klieman.
Why you so defensive???

You said Howard is out bc the coach said he's sitting today. All I'm saying is that I've seen players sit during the week and play a million times.

Wasn't trying to argue dude. Unless you have inside knowledge, I don't think that's enough information

Why you so defensive???

You said Howard is out bc the coach said he's sitting today. All I'm saying is that I've seen players sit during the week and play a million times.

Wasn't trying to argue dude. Unless you have inside knowledge, I don't think that's enough information
Yeah, weird response.....The K-State alumni fan base has always been a pleasure to converse with.

Why you so defensive???

Generally speaking, if a kid doesn't practice by Wednesday, he doesn't play on Saturday.

Huge advantage in coaching for KSU. Huge. Malhazan shrinks on the road. 0-12 vs rivals while playing on the road while at Auburn. Lol.

Huge advantage in coaching for KSU. Huge. Malhazan shrinks on the road. 0-12 vs rivals while playing on the road while at Auburn. Lol.

I am not going to let you get away with making an ignorant comment. Yes, Gus was 0-12 against lsWho, uat, and ugay on the road. But since 2017, Georgia is 33-1 at home. Only loss was to South Carolina. uat was 28-0 at Bryant Denny from 2017-2020 (Gus's final year).

So while it is true that "Gus was 0-12 against his rivals on the road." So was every other team.

What is the u's record on the road from 2017-2020? Do tell.

Reactions: Knight59
here's coach klieman's pre-ucf press conference.

Two things stood out about his comments on UCF...

A reporter brought up Darin Hinshaw being the "new coordinator" and Kileman totally dismissed the question and started talking about this being "Gus's offense" and "any quarterback playing for Gus must be good."

The other thing was Klieman said UCF "changed defensive coordinators." That comment made me laugh.

I mean what power does Addison Williams really have aside from not starting the transfers at cornerback that Gus and David Gibbs brought in to replace the Heupel holdovers?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Poolside Knight
Why they even playing this game? Every expert is picking K-State:

UCF vs Kansas State Experts Picks, Predictions, Week 4​

I will take a stab at this...

K-State is the defending Big12 champs and will lead the league in all-time wins once Texas and Chokelahoma move to the SEC. Advantage K-State.

The winning percentage for first-year starting quarterbacks in their first conference road game is astronomically low, less than 30% for sure. Advantage K-State (The caveat is this will NOT be Q's first conference road game. He played at BYU as a freshman.)

That being said, I watched the entire K-State game against Missouri and the entire South Florida game at BYU. Missouri, for the most part, dominated K-State, but an injury to Missouri's starting quarterback kept the game closer than it was. Skill-wise, Q is very similar to Brady Cook in terms of arm strength and running ability. Cook gave K-State fits. Advantage UCF.

Against BYU on the road, Q played with poise and grace. He threw for a high percentage, made good decisions with the football, and quite frankly gave South Florida a chance to win. The Bulls defense, however, did not. Advantage UCF

The clincher for me is K-State returns its veteran right tackle in this game, Christian Duffie: https://www.kstatesports.com/sports/football/roster/christian-duffie/11094 K-State made very few explosive plays, maybe one or two, against Missouri. With its offensive line shored up, K-State will be far more proficient in the run game and will produce quite a few more explosive plays. Advantage K-State.

I think K-State wins and covers, BUT Q is the X-factor. If Gus "turns him loose," let's him ad lib, and make plays with his natural ability, then I think UCF can score enough points to make it a one score ballgame. If not, I see K-State rushing for 200+ yards and pulling away late.

that's a reasonable summary, auburn. k-state was well positioned to beat missouri though. i disagree on your take there.

saturday, k-state without qb howard, running back ward, and middle linebacker green, two of the three captains, makes this a pick 'em game for me. home field advantage matters and may be the difference. not knowing one another makes it all the more interesting.

that's a reasonable summary, auburn. k-state was well positioned to beat missouri though. i disagree on your take there.

K-State had two drives in the fourth quarter that could have been game winners. I don't refute that.

My point is Cook going down prior to the end of the first half affected Missouri on the final drive of the second quarter and on the first drive of the second half. Those drives could have been difference makers in the final score.

cook's injury was offset by will howard's. that was a push if ever i saw one. brady reminded me of max duggan. no way was he going to lose that game. good on him. he's taken of boatload of crap from missouri fans. maybe they'll shut up now?

All this means is that UCF has a better chance of winning; home game advantage and the rest of the team will be doing their best to squash us. UCF still needs one of their best performances to win this game.

All this means is that UCF has a better chance of winning; home game advantage and the rest of the team will be doing their best to squash us. UCF still needs one of their best performances to win this game.
there's no retort from me. i have not watched ucf play.

cook's injury was offset by will howard's. that was a push if ever i saw one. brady reminded me of max duggan. no way was he going to lose that game. good on him. he's taken of boatload of crap from missouri fans. maybe they'll shut up now?
Do you expect it to be a packed house on Saturday? For selfish reasons and for the reputation of the conference, I was hoping for a KSU win last weekend. Regardless of the injuries, KSU still should have some depth and in my opinion a good team. Looking forward to the matchup. Cheers to an injury free game.

Do you expect it to be a packed house on Saturday? For selfish reasons and for the reputation of the conference, I was hoping for a KSU win last weekend. Regardless of the injuries, KSU still should have some depth and in my opinion a good team. Looking forward to the matchup. Cheers to an injury free game.
yes, it's sold out, 50,000 plus standing room. not atypical to jam 52,000 into 'the bill.' visiting ucf fans will be treated well. get to aggieville friday night.
bill-snyder-family-stadium.jpeg

I am not used to those little stadiums. I have been to Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, uat, and Auburn, of course. I went to Mississippi State once, and at 61,000, I felt like a cricket in a matchbox. Bobby Dodd Stadium, where I covered a couple of games, looks as small as Buford High's stadium.

Reactions: knight_tracker
I will take a stab at this...

K-State is the defending Big12 champs and will lead the league in all-time wins once Texas and Chokelahoma move to the SEC. Advantage K-State.

The winning percentage for first-year starting quarterbacks in their first conference road game is astronomically low, less than 30% for sure. Advantage K-State (The caveat is this will NOT be Q's first conference road game. He played at BYU as a freshman.)

That being said, I watched the entire K-State game against Missouri and the entire South Florida game at BYU. Missouri, for the most part, dominated K-State, but an injury to Missouri's starting quarterback kept the game closer than it was. Skill-wise, Q is very similar to Brady Cook in terms of arm strength and running ability. Cook gave K-State fits. Advantage UCF.

Against BYU on the road, Q played with poise and grace. He threw for a high percentage, made good decisions with the football, and quite frankly gave South Florida a chance to win. The Bulls defense, however, did not. Advantage UCF

The clincher for me is K-State returns its veteran right tackle in this game, Christian Duffie: https://www.kstatesports.com/sports/football/roster/christian-duffie/11094 K-State made very few explosive plays, maybe one or two, against Missouri. With its offensive line shored up, K-State will be far more proficient in the run game and will produce quite a few more explosive plays. Advantage K-State.

I think K-State wins and covers, BUT Q is the X-factor. If Gus "turns him loose," let's him ad lib, and make plays with his natural ability, then I think UCF can score enough points to make it a one score ballgame. If not, I see K-State rushing for 200+ yards and pulling away late.
Nah, UCF wins

I am not used to those little stadiums. I have been to Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, uat, and Auburn, of course. I went to Mississippi State once, and at 61,000, I felt like a cricket in a matchbox. Bobby Dodd Stadium, where I covered a couple of games, looks as small as Buford High's stadium.
Pure numbers don’t make the stadium. I’m assuming you’ve been to a Saturday night game at the Bounce House? Were you there for the UCF-Cinn game with Gameday? Or the UCF-USF with the Mike Hughes return? Absolute insanity! Several announcers, including Herbstreit, have said the atmosphere is electric. I’ve been to several games at much larger stadiums and cannot say the experience was better. (I was going to UGA games during the Walker years. My neighbor growing up was Kevin Butler. Also attended many games at GT as my father had played OG for them under Bobby Dodd).

Reactions: Nautiknight
Pure numbers don’t make the stadium. I’m assuming you’ve been to a Saturday night game at the Bounce House? Were you there for the UCF-Cinn game with Gameday? Or the UCF-USF with the Mike Hughes return? Absolute insanity! Several announcers, including Herbstreit, have said the atmosphere is electric. I’ve been to several games at much larger stadiums and cannot say the experience was better. (I was going to UGA games during the Walker years. My neighbor growing up was Kevin Butler. Also attended many games at GT as my father had played OG for them under Bobby Dodd).

Never been there but I hope to catch a game.

Oregon is another place that is around 50K capacity but is louder than many larger venues

Stadium design is a part of it. UCF using ‘cheap steel’ is part of why it is so loud for being only 44K capacity

Yah, brother, I get it. I am not use to being on small private jets unlike the G6.. I am not use to being on tiny small boats less than 45 feet . I am not use to living in those little 1,800 square foot houses.

UCFs tiny ,barely much bigger than high school stadium, is so , well low rent. I can barely tolerate it. 😆 if you're available maybe we can get in our helicopters and meet up for a $100 steak dinner and chat about how embarrassing it is to field a team outside the SEC. We can make fun of all the little people , little people like those UCF fans. 😆.

• Haha
Reactions: 90Knight
Oregon is another place that is around 50K capacity but is louder than many larger venues

Stadium design is a part of it. UCF using ‘cheap steel’ is part of why it is so loud for being only 44K capacity

Yah, brother, I get it. I am not use to being on small private jets unlike the G6.. I am not use to being on tiny small boats less than 45 feet . I am not use to living in those little 1,800 square foot houses.

UCFs tiny ,barely much bigger than high school stadium, is so , well low rent. I can barely tolerate it. 😆 if you're available maybe we can get in our helicopters and meet up for a $100 steak dinner and chat about how embarrassing it is to field a team outside the SEC. We can make fun of all the little people , little people like those UCF fans. 😆.

Not making fun. I am simply saying those stadiums sound tiny compared to the 86k-100k I'm used to. There's probably 30k outside the stadium at Auburn games just chilling in the parking lot.

But it's alright to be little bitty.

Last edited:
Reactions: LoboCane

Kansas State hopes Christian Duffie can provide a much-needed boost to offensive line​

Story by Kellis Robinett, The Kansas City Star •1h

coach gus seems to have vivid memories of his last visit. tyler lockett of all people flat out drops the game winning touchdown or top 10 auburn goes home with a loss.

coach gus seems to have vivid memories of his last visit. tyler lockett of all people flat out drops the game winning touchdown or top 10 auburn goes home with a loss.

Okay. I wasn't disrespecting any team's stadium. I just said I wasn't used to small stadiums. A small house has less to clean than a big house (unless that big house is located Miami where no one shows up to get it dirty.) Hard Rock Stadium may be the only stadium in America where you can buy upper deck tickets and sit in the 50-yatd line lower level box seats.

Kansas State hopes Christian Duffie can provide a much-needed boost to offensive line​

Story by Kellis Robinett, The Kansas City Star •1h

Cannot agree more. Duffie will be a difference maker IF he shows up in football shape.

Duffie, however, cannot play in the defensive secondary where K-State, in its last four games, has given up 1,114 yards passing (278 ypg) and eight touchdowns against 1 pick.

#turnQloose

uat ran for 175 yards on K-State. I have to think Gus, at a minimum, can crack the century mark rushing.

Last edited:
christian duffie playing right tackle allows k-state to configure it's o'line so that all-american cooper beebe can return to the left side guard position where he thrives.

that written, quarterback is far more important. starting a freshman, avery johnson, if that happens, makes this game a toss up to my eye, maybe a slight knights favor.

Reactions: U C to the F
Two things stood out about his comments on UCF...

A reporter brought up Darin Hinshaw being the "new coordinator" and Kileman totally dismissed the question and started talking about this being "Gus's offense" and "any quarterback playing for Gus must be good."

The other thing was Klieman said UCF "changed defensive coordinators." That comment made me laugh.

I mean what power does Addison Williams really have aside from not starting the transfers at cornerback that Gus and David Gibbs brought in to replace the Heupel holdovers?
Fine ill say it, coach seemed like an ass. Sounds like he just heard about us with his "Central Florida" comments and just seems like he is dismissing us while faking praise to Gus. Hope the players note the disrespect.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT