ADVERTISEMENT

Kavanaugh Vote Now in Jeopardy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if the investigation were to turn up no new relevant information, it will never have been, in your words, a 'waste of time.'

There are a hell of a lot of women voters who were very interested to see if Ford's claims would be arbitrarily dismissed by the Senate Republicans. Fortunately for the Republicans, one Senator, Jeff Frakes, has a brain and actually uses it.
And do you think the FBI has the stones to see if Ford is telling the truth? Not just Kavanaugh? What would this do to the me-to BS if the FBI came back and said Ford is mentally not all there and this event didn’t happen?

Even if the investigation were to turn up no new relevant information, it will never have been, in your words, a 'waste of time.'

There are a hell of a lot of women voters who were very interested to see if Ford's claims would be arbitrarily dismissed by the Senate Republicans. Fortunately for the Republicans, one Senator, Jeff Frakes, has a brain and actually uses it.

It’s hilarious how you continue to try and make this about Senate Republicans when it was Diane Feinstein and other Democrats who didn’t take this accusation remotely serious- AND SAT ON IT FOR 3 MONTHS TO USE IT WHEN POLITICALLY GOOD FOR THEM

This is why we are in this mess. Democrats wanted to destroy the process and destroy Kavanaugh and weaponized this accusation. Didn’t take it seriously at all.

The fact that you can’t even admit this or admit that Ford’s accusation was weaponized by Democrats instead of being taken seriously tells me everything we need to know about you

It’s hilarious how you continue to try and make this about Senate Republicans when it was Diane Feinstein and other Democrats who didn’t take this accusation remotely serious- AND SAT ON IT FOR 3 MONTHS TO USE IT WHEN POLITICALLY GOOD FOR THEM

This is why we are in this mess. Democrats wanted to destroy the process and destroy Kavanaugh and weaponized this accusation. Didn’t take it seriously at all.

The fact that you can’t even admit this or admit that Ford’s accusation was weaponized by Democrats instead of being taken seriously tells me everything we need to know about you
I bolded the lies

The Democrats are now coming under scrutiny for some of their statements on the forthcoming FBI investigation. Even I, who agreed that a FBI investigation should occur (which mentioned it could come after his confirmation, and he could be impeached), am shocked how self-defeating their statements are.

They're not saying the FBI investigation would be incomplete or not comprehensive enough. They're saying they will completely disregard the FBI's findings. It's really playing right into Republican's hands.
Source?

Still a better reason than "last year in office lawlz"
Conservatives didn't mind being obstructionists during the Obama presidency, and denied to even hear Merrick Garland.
100% correct, it was a total obstructionist move, and utterly *wrong*. But...

At least Democrats have dirt on your guy.
So you're condoning ruining a man's name with dirt that is impossible to prove and will always label him a sex offender for the rest of his life, all justified because the Republicans are obstructionists?

This is why Trump was elected. People can agree both Democrats and Republicans are ruining this country, but the Democrats are managing to destroy people's names at the same time with things that are impossible to prove.

The just undermined #metoo utterly.

Quit being whiney little bitches like your fuhrer.
Quit codining the destruction of people's lives for political reasons

No, not brain, but bleeding hearts. And now the Democrats are backtracking, not Republicans.

A man just had his name destroyed over something that is impossible to prove. He will be labeled a sex offender for the rest of his life, without any trial, all at the 11th hour because he dared be nominated for a position, and people purposely withheld info for strategic reasons.

Info that will never be proven... ever. This isn't h said she said. This is she said, and other people say never happened.

Not one person collaborates her story, and several she named as witnesses are non-collaborating. The only collaborators she has are people who agree she told them in only the past 5 years.

Facts mean nothing to you. And a man's name is destroyed. No, brains are completely turned off on the left. Justified by Garland, who never had to deal with his name being destroyed.

If the senate dems were concerned about Kavanaughs tendency to side with the executive branch when it comes to authority over the legislative, they should be crapping their pants if he gets confirmed.

If the senate dems were concerned about Kavanaughs tendency to side with the executive branch when it comes to authority over the legislative, they should be crapping their pants if he gets confirmed.
I know it's been a tough couple of days for you but it'll get better.

I know it's been a tough couple of days for you but it'll get better.
It hasnt been bad at all, but yes it will get better. Every time that Congress proves their ineptitude we get closer to a convention of states that could correct some of this.

By design, SCOTUS was not supposed to be political at all. POTUS wasn't either, but to a lesser extent. The Senate was supposed to be a group of statesman that were twice removed from direct politics. Only the House should be a political entity. The more we have politics engrained into our system the closer we get to a reset.

Reactions: fabknight
The just undermined #metoo utterly.

I'm going to ask you to do something I've never seen you do. Acknowledge that there are topics you are not an expert on. No only not an expert but also sometimes there are topics impossible for you to understand. I don't want you to read any further until you have thought about this for a little bit.

Now, I know you are not a woman because we've met. You know I am not a woman. So you saying that this action is undermining the metoo movement is you not speaking from an area of expertise as the majority of me too activists are women.

Child bearing age women support democrats at a rate of 70% there is a reason for that. I don't know exactly what that reason is but it's not the media lies or whatever you always claim. They are empowered to push back they are tired of seeing power used to hide assault. They saw themselves in Dr. Ford. They saw their attackers in Kavanaugh. They saw the status quo that they had seen their whole lives playing out. Jeff Flake saved the GOP from losing women forever like you've lost minorities forever when he called for an investigation.

So disagree with the outcome all you want but this in no way shape or form undermined #metoo movement. It validated it.

It hasnt been bad at all, but yes it will get better. Every time that Congress proves their ineptitude we get closer to a convention of states that could correct some of this.

By design, SCOTUS was not supposed to be political at all. POTUS wasn't either, but to a lesser extent. The Senate was supposed to be a group of statesman that were twice removed from direct politics. Only the House should be a political entity. The more we have politics engrained into our system the closer we get to a reset.
Calling for a "reset" to our political system? Youre shook to your core because your party can't get out of their own way when they control all 3 branches of government.

And do you think the FBI has the stones to see if Ford is telling the truth? Not just Kavanaugh? What would this do to the me-to BS if the FBI came back and said Ford is mentally not all there and this event didn’t happen?
That’s not what the FBI does in background investigations. And that’s what this is.

The FBI only have subpoena and warrant powers if they are investigating a federal crime. There is no federal crime here. Thus, they can only interview the people involved and record the interviews. It may even be as little as them submitting a list of questions to someone and then their lawyer answers them. Since the people involved have already made statements under penalty of felony, they aren’t going to change those statements. I suppose that the FBI could offer immunity to the federal perjury charge, but I’m guessing that’s not likely here.

So it’s just a big waste of time that is designed to make them all look good to the November elections. God, maybe we are this stupid of an electorate.

If they were serious about getting an investigation, then they’d file a complaint in Montogomery County, MD. Those police agencies would have full investigatory powers, including arrest, subpoena, immunity, etc. That’s the only way to get “justice” for Ford if that’s what they were looking for.

AND THEY ALL KNOW THIS! Every single one of them. It’s why when the protestor cornered Flake and started yelling about her assault, he said to go to the police.

So ask yourself why no one has gone to the police with this.

That’s not what the FBI does in background investigations. And that’s what this is.

The FBI only have subpoena and warrant powers if they are investigating a federal crime. There is no federal crime here. Thus, they can only interview the people involved and record the interviews. It may even be as little as them submitting a list of questions to someone and then their lawyer answers them. Since the people involved have already made statements under penalty of felony, they aren’t going to change those statements. I suppose that the FBI could offer immunity to the federal perjury charge, but I’m guessing that’s not likely here.

So it’s just a big waste of time that is designed to make them all look good to the November elections. God, maybe we are this stupid of an electorate.

If they were serious about getting an investigation, then they’d file a complaint in Montogomery County, MD. Those police agencies would have full investigatory powers, including arrest, subpoena, immunity, etc. That’s the only way to get “justice” for Ford if that’s what they were looking for.

AND THEY ALL KNOW THIS! Every single one of them. It’s why when the protestor cornered Flake and started yelling about her assault, he said to go to the police.

So ask yourself why no one has gone to the police with this.
I know that, but it would be entertaining if the FBI did what the democrats wanted to and investigated the actual claim. I have no doubt she knows she is not being truthful. Society says she needs to be treated softly however if she is lying she should be hung out to dry for all to see. What she has done to Kavanaugh and his family is disgusting and should be punishable by significant jail time.

I know that, but it would be entertaining if the FBI did what the democrats wanted to and investigated the actual claim. I have no doubt she knows she is not being truthful. Society says she needs to be treated softly however if she is lying she should be hung out to dry for all to see. What she has done to Kavanaugh and his family is disgusting and should be punishable by significant jail time.
I want to give her the benefit of the doubt, I really do. But looking back at events, her testimony, and talking to some other investigators I know, I’m seriously leaning towards this being a fabrication. One that she may believe whole-heartedly and something that came about unintentionally. And, yes, I realize that I have bias here.

I’m also not vilifying her for it. But I’m starting to think it just didn’t happen. I feel sorry for her and especially because of the way the people she went to have handled it and her. She deserves better whether it’s absolutely true or a complete fabrication.

Calling for a "reset" to our political system? Youre shook to your core because your party can't get out of their own way when they control all 3 branches of government.

Not my party and I'm definitely not shook, whatever that is supposed to mean. The system has strayed from what it was supposed to so its time for a reset.

I want to give her the benefit of the doubt, I really do. But looking back at events, her testimony, and talking to some other investigators I know, I’m seriously leaning towards this being a fabrication. One that she may believe whole-heartedly and something that came about unintentionally. And, yes, I realize that I have bias here.

I’m also not vilifying her for it. But I’m starting to think it just didn’t happen. I feel sorry for her and especially because of the way the people she went to have handled it and her. She deserves better whether it’s absolutely true or a complete fabrication.

I think the senate dems know that it likely didn't happen, which is why they didnt ask Kavanaugh a single question about this event.

I just got done watching his entire testimony. He seemed every bit as credible as Ford did, although I don't think he makes a very good witness. I was struck by a couple of comments that senators made, particularly the one where it was suggested that this should be investigated by a non-partisan entity to retrieve testimony. The judiciary committee should be non-partisan when it comes to advise and consent. Their duty is to be impartial in the confirmation of a federal justice and seek out facts, not to be political in their inquiries. I also had to raise my eyebrows a little bit when Feinstein was asked about whether she or anyone in her office leaked this report. If she found it to be credible, it should have been brought up directly as soon as possible. She now claims that it is credible and wants an FBI investigation, which could have happened 2 months ago. Did something about the story change in the last 2 months that has made this allegation more credible? And if so, what was it about the original story that led her to not feel it necessary to bring it up?

Also, it was very interesting to me that the most consistent theme in the dems questioning was whether or not Kavanaugh would ask for an FBI investigation, knowing that he has no authority at all to dictate it.

Kamala Harris is a pretty good prosecutor based on her demeanor and questions, but even at that she failed to draw any sort of response that would go anywhere in court.

All in all, it was a big nothing other than delineating which senators are doing their job on the committee and which ones aren't.

Reactions: fabknight
My biggest question about this is why was it necessary for the public to know about the allegations? The information was there weeks ago and the accuser asked for it to be kept confidential, which it could have been. The SJC could have taken this up privately and if they found that it was credible then they simply could have kept Kavanaugh from coming up for a vote, or let the other senators know about the issue and their findings.

It definitely doesnt seem like this is just about advise and consent. Its part of a larger narrative based on the way it has been handled.

LOL A simple FBI background check is ordered and the board's Drama Queens act like the sky is falling.

OMIGOD, those evil Democrats...gasp...GOT THEIR WAY and...(cue hyperventilation) ...DESTROYED a good man's life!!!!

This was the common sense solution all along. While the FBI investigation is likely to reconstruct the time and perhaps the place of the alleged assault, it's unlikely to produce any 'bombshell' new information.

So our resident Drama Queens need to take a deep breath. Your guy is likely to survive. It won't be long before you'll be able to move from whining about the 'unfairness of it all' to some gleeful 'in your face' smack talking.

The Democrats don't care what the FBI finds. They don't. That says it all.

She deserves better whether it’s absolutely true or a complete fabrication.
Disagree, if true she deserves the best, If complete fabrication, she should be ridiculed, her reputation destroyed, and thrown on the ash heap of history.

I just got done watching his entire testimony. He seemed every bit as credible as Ford did,

There are 2 verified lies in a testimony filled with claims that can't be verified. Its likely that we can assume there are other lies in there like devils triangle and boofing and the events on calendar question line but those can't be proven.

Who knows how many times Kavanaugh lied but he obviously didn't think it was a big deal to lie under oath so we can't be sure. To suggest that he was credible as Dr. Ford is an insult to her. She sat there and answered every question asked by both sides while Kavanaugh danced his way through the questions still managing to accidentally lie twice even though he didn't participate in answering questions for 10 of the 21 members.

Well, at least one mystery had finally been explained. Fried-chicken's post explains how in the world a confirmed 'party animal' in high school got into Yale.

And all the Ford bashers who continue to say this is all "politics" seem hell-bent on ignoring the key fact of this case:

Ford reached out to her Congresswoman and the Post before Kavanaugh was named in hopes that Trump would take one of the other qualified candidates on his short list of potential nominees.

Whenever this is brought up, the Kavanaugh apologists immediately turn to an attack on Senator Feinstein and ignore the timing of when Ford initially reached out to share her story.

There are 2 verified lies in a testimony filled with claims that can't be verified. Its likely that we can assume there are other lies in there like devils triangle and boofing and the events on calendar question line but those can't be proven.

Who knows how many times Kavanaugh lied but he obviously didn't think it was a big deal to lie under oath so we can't be sure. To suggest that he was credible as Dr. Ford is an insult to her. She sat there and answered every question asked by both sides while Kavanaugh danced his way through the questions still managing to accidentally lie twice even though he didn't participate in answering questions for 10 of the 21 members.

So you would say that Kavanaugh lied by saying that he had no connections to Yale, but you wouldnt say Ford lied when she was asked about flying and the proposition of the committee coming to her? Seems pretty flaky.

you wouldnt say Ford lied when she was asked about flying and the proposition of the committee coming to her? Seems pretty flaky.

Ford LIED about her fear of flying?!?!?! Why is that? No, wait, let me guess: it's because she flies despite her fear, right?

Good to know. I've been married for 36 years to a woman who has expressed and exhibited a fear of flying---yet she's flown with me countless times over the years!!!!!

I never realized before today that she's been lying to my face about it all this time.

Ford LIED about her fear of flying?!?!?! Why is that? No, wait, let me guess: it's because she flies despite her fear, right?

Good to know. I've been married for 36 years to a woman who has expressed and exhibited a fear of flying---yet she's flown with me countless times over the years!!!!!

I never realized before today that she's been lying to my face about it all this time.

Would you say that if your grandpa went to a college that it constitutes you having a connection to the school?

Would you say that if your grandpa went to a college that it constitutes you having a connection to the school?

uh, YEAH. It's called being a 'legacy.'

For all the conservative handwringing about the unfairness of...gasp!..."diversity," in college admissions, it's the real 'dirty, little secret' of the admission process at highly selective schools.

Disagree, if true she deserves the best, If complete fabrication, she should be ridiculed, her reputation destroyed, and thrown on the ash heap of history.
It can be a fabrication and not be an intentional lie. Memory is a tricky thing and is subject to a lot of external forces. It’s why the criminal court requires corroboration of an allegation and even someone who confesses will not be adjudicated guilty without some corroboration.

So, I can certainly see a scenario here where this could be a construct of her memory that came out of some experience but what she remembers isn’t what actually happened. In fact, I think this is the case. If that is true, then she deserves our sympathy.

uh, YEAH. It's called being a 'legacy.'

For all the conservative handwringing about the unfairness of...gasp!..."diversity," in college admissions, it's the real 'dirty, little secret' of the admission process at highly selective schools.

So a relative that attends a school 40 years prior means you have connections?

It's funny how suddenly everyone's an expert on memory and legal process.

Fact is, if this had been a man talking about being abused by a priest 35 years ago, no one would be questioning his memory.

Your bias is showing.

It's funny how suddenly everyone's an expert on memory and legal process.

Fact is, if this had been a man talking about being abused by a priest 35 years ago, no one would be questioning his memory.

Your bias is showing.
Of course it is. As is yours for deciding he’s guilty based solely on her story.

But this isn’t about a priest. And this isn’t about Dr Ford. This is about the Supreme Court and the fact that the Democrats have vowed to do whatever it takes to keep Trump from having any nominee confirmed. Then they went out and followed up on their threat and used and abused Dr Ford in the process. Only she hasn’t realized it yet. She will when they all go away and she’s left with her “beach friends” and the world has moved on and she hasn’t gotten her Justice.

As for memory and legal process, I can’t speak for anyone else but it’s a hobby of mine and I have more than a few people in my family and friends circle that are experts. So I feel a bit more confident than many in a discussion.

Well, at least one mystery had finally been explained. Fried-chicken's post explains how in the world a confirmed 'party animal' in high school got into Yale.

And all the Ford bashers who continue to say this is all "politics" seem hell-bent on ignoring the key fact of this case:

Ford reached out to her Congresswoman and the Post before Kavanaugh was named in hopes that Trump would take one of the other qualified candidates on his short list of potential nominees.

Whenever this is brought up, the Kavanaugh apologists immediately turn to an attack on Senator Feinstein and ignore the timing of when Ford initially reached out to share her story.
Her memory suddenly came forth during the 2012 election cycle when there were a bunch of stories about Kavanaugh being a contender for SCOTUS if Romney won and a bunch of lefty blogs were going all gloom and doom. She then worked through it with her friends for years before she finally convinced herself and decided to do something.

Kavanaugh logged every day of his teenage life. There is no party fitting this description in his calendars. Ford can’t remember when it happened and didn’t remember THAT it happened for 30 years. She never wrote it down, never told anyone, and no one in her life noticed a change in behavior significant enough to figure out what was wrong. Not her parents, not her friends, no one. This is a night that, in hindsight, she says it was one of the biggest events of her life and says it ruined her life. That she changed for the worst for decades. But no one in her life noticed a change and made her tell them why?

Beyond that, she went on to earn a Ph.D., travel the world, live a full life. Live a life most would dream of. Doesn’t seem like someone who was ruined for life by a traumatic event.

She’s full of exaggeration, like her fear of flying. John Madden has a fear of flying. He took a bus everywhere. She has a fear when it’s convenient to have a fear. She’s 100% sure when it’s convenient.

I’m sorry, I wanted to believe her. But I don’t.

Reactions: UCFWayne
Her memory suddenly came forth during the 2012 election cycle when there were a bunch of stories about Kavanaugh being a contender for SCOTUS if Romney won and a bunch of lefty blogs were going all gloom and doom. She then worked through it with her friends for years before she finally convinced herself and decided to do something.

Kavanaugh logged every day of his teenage life. There is no party fitting this description in his calendars. Ford can’t remember when it happened and didn’t remember THAT it happened for 30 years. She never wrote it down, never told anyone, and no one in her life noticed a change in behavior significant enough to figure out what was wrong. Not her parents, not her friends, no one. This is a night that, in hindsight, she says it was one of the biggest events of her life and says it ruined her life. That she changed for the worst for decades. But no one in her life noticed a change and made her tell them why?

Beyond that, she went on to earn a Ph.D., travel the world, live a full life. Live a life most would dream of. Doesn’t seem like someone who was ruined for life by a traumatic event.

She’s full of exaggeration, like her fear of flying. John Madden has a fear of flying. He took a bus everywhere. She has a fear when it’s convenient to have a fear. She’s 100% sure when it’s convenient.

I’m sorry, I wanted to believe her. But I don’t.
No one gives a shit. We've known the kind of man you were for a long time.

For the sake of an honest discussion, let's clear a few things up for our resident shrink, Doctor sk8:

Her memory suddenly came forth during the 2012 election cycle when there were a bunch of stories about Kavanaugh being a contender for SCOTUS...

Sorry, Doc, but your patient has said in every one of her accounts that the memory of the incident was seared in her memory from the day it happened. Your "her memory suddenly came forth blah, blah, blah" is bullsh*t.

She never wrote it down, never told anyone, and no one in her life noticed a change in behavior significant enough to figure out what was wrong.

Really, Doc? Wow, I didn't know you took the time to interview her family and friends.

Nothing like this armchair 'analysis.' For the sake of some sanity here, it should be noted that there are a number of people in this world "living a life most would dream of" who have mental issues caused by trauma or an illness that cause them serious problems.

She’s full of exaggeration, like her fear of flying. John Madden has a fear of flying. He took a bus everywhere.

He also flew for years as a coach. Guess his fear of flying was 'an exaggeration' too, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT