ADVERTISEMENT

Kavanaugh Vote Now in Jeopardy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol thanks for going on the record that you have no intention of honest conversation. Keep shilling.

Again, no response of any value from you. Still waiting for your opinion on why the dem senators didnt ask him a single question about the event he accused of.

Goodness, do the Republicans on this board speak like these Republican Senators? Heavy accents, constantly referencing the Bible, super slow communication styles, inarticulate, etc.

There is no "but" that follows that statement when you're discussing a position on the supreme court.

I swear to defend the US constitution, but I prefer other constitutions and would recommend that you use those others if you are drafting your own.

Hypocrite much?

Goodness, do the Republicans on this board speak like these Republican Senators? Heavy accents, constantly referencing the Bible, super slow communication styles, inarticulate, etc.

Is that better or worse than being nothing more than a political shill like democrat senators?

It's hilarious to watch people like @fried-chicken latch onto a "LIED UNDER OATH!" moment of little significance while totally dismissing the fact that this woman is pushing an accusation that is 37 years old, corroborated by no witnesses, and changed her story multiple times in the lead up to this.

I'd ask for an FBI investigation.

Hello - Trel, this is Reality. Reality, this is Trel.

I feel like you two may want to meet and chat for a while, since Trel has no sense of Reality any longer.

If it were me, the day after I was confirmed I would demand an FBI investigation to determine whether or not the accusers lied under oath and whether certain senators indulged in lies to the point of bringing it to testimony under oath under false pretenses.
But that's the thing ... I don't think Ford is lying. I think she honestly believes what she is saying.

Let's stop making this about she said v. he said.
That only applies when they were familiar and the memories are direct recalls.

The conservatives here keep making that mistake as much as the progressives.

Ok, there’s one thing I really need to know.

What the hell is a puckbucket?

He almost certainly lied under oath multiple times yesterday. But also think about this. We’re having a multiple day hearing on national news because someone said another person “groped” her some 40 years ago. I’m sorry, but that seems a little extreme. Who’s next?

That said, hopefully it prevents people, especially young people, from behaving so inappropriately.

LOL. You know it won't. Kids brains aren't wired to think that way, otherwise they'd be adults.

Dude, have you ever been to Huntsville, Alabama where there are more PhDs per square mile than DC? Seriously, that stereotype needs to die.

It's just as bad as racism. It's absolutely insensitive ... and wrong.

Nothing done on TV today will prevent people from acting inappropriately back in the '80s.

Today, men hold men accountable. Period. Nothing flies like it used to ... with men.

Women, on the other hand ... well, they are still 'catching up.' And until they do, there will always be doubt.

Hillary Clinton saying "women should be believed by default" damaged #metoo more than anything.

He's simply pointing out hypocrisy and the sham that the hearing were.

I can't even say that I don't want Kavanaugh to be confirmed unless I agree that he is a rapist for the left to accept my position.

Conform or die.

Dude, have you ever been to Huntsville, Alabama where there are more PhDs per square mile than DC? Seriously, that stereotype needs to die.

It's just as bad as racism. It's absolutely insensitive ... and wrong.

What stereoptype? That Southerners are more likely to speak slowly and reference the Bible? That’s as bad as racism? What the hell are you talking about?

I can't even say that I don't want Kavanaugh to be confirmed unless I agree that he is a rapist for the left to accept my position.

Conform or die.
After all the BS that has transpired over this, I absolutely want him confirmed. And I want senators booted.

Liberals:

Woman whom they don’t know and have no background information on brings 37 year old allegation against BK with no corroborating witnesses or evidence = SHES TELLING THE TRUTH!

Judge with 13 years on Circuit Court, has undergone 6 FBI background checks, and had the most documentation in modern SC history turned over to the Senate = HES LYING I CAN TELL!!

Just incredible. They know beyond doubt that Bk is guilty while also knowing beyond a doubt that Ford is being truthful. These people must possess incredible super powers

She almost had an aire of shame in her interaction with Kavanaugh
Because she knows what she has done is wrong and is putting party over all else and to the expense of both Kavanaugh and Ford. It's just rare that she's had to sit eye to eye with those she screws over and find a way to ask intelligent questions.

The rest of them had scripted diatribes and were going to sound articulate. Let's make them have to defend their unethical theatrics without the benefit of their speechwriters and we'll see how intelligent they appear.

What stereoptype? That Southerners are more likely to speak slowly and reference the Bible? That’s as bad as racism? What the hell are you talking about?
I know you're trying to troll. But what you stated is just as insensitive as things most people say is 'racism' and 'misogynist.' You are completely stereotyping people. Let me re-quote you:

"Goodness, do the Republicans on this board speak like these Republican Senators? Heavy accents, constantly referencing the Bible, super slow communication styles, inarticulate, etc." -- bluechip12

It's no more funny tongue-in-cheek than saying countless things about minorities or women. The sooner you wake up that fact, the sooner your comments -- whether serious or trolling -- will stop driving people to the right.

It is a bigoted statement, regardless of how you try to spin it or say it was just a joke. There's no way you'd let a conservative talk like that about a minority or women without reading them the riot act.

You're just proving the conservatives correct. But it's funny, right? Just like a woman hitting a man in public, or kicking him in the crotch, both of which are completely and socially acceptable as well.

To ask if you are the same types of slow speaking Bible referencing Republicans as the ones we saw today? That’s bigoted and the equivalent of racism? It’s a legitimate question and I’m genuinely curious. Geezus. But hey, I’m surprised you’re so quick to be offended. I mean, you’re so liberal and not even Republican anyway. I know because you mention it every single day.

To ask if you are the same types of slow speaking Bible referencing Republicans as the ones we saw today? That’s bigoted and the equivalent of racism? It’s a legitimate question and I’m genuinely curious. Geezus.
Again, don't shoot the messenger. If you want to stereotype people and make statements that are no different than a bigot would -- you cannot hide behind the argument, "Oh, I was kidding" or "Oh, I was trolling." No conservative could make such a joke or troll the same about minorities or women, and not be held to the same stanard.

Sorry @bluechip12, but you're just another oblivious bigot, just wearing a different set of political clothes. But keep on playing your game, thinking of me. You're just telling everyone something about yourself.

Liberals:

Woman whom they don’t know and have no background information on brings 37 year old allegation against BK with no corroborating witnesses or evidence = SHES TELLING THE TRUTH!

Judge with 13 years on Circuit Court, has undergone 6 FBI background checks, and had the most documentation in modern SC history turned over to the Senate = HES LYING I CAN TELL!!

Just incredible. They know beyond doubt that Bk is guilty while also knowing beyond a doubt that Ford is being truthful. These people must possess incredible super powers

You’re doing the EXACT thing you’re accusing others of doing. The difference is many you of us aren’t even saying what you’re claiming...yet you’re absolutely calling her a liar and saying it did not happen.

You’re doing the EXACT thing you’re accusing others of doing. The difference is many you of us aren’t even saying what you’re claiming...yet you’re absolutely calling her a liar and saying it did not happen.
Do you think there is a difference between lying and being wrong about what you believe is true?

My ex-wife told me 3 different stories about the first time she had sex over the course of our 13 year marriage. Each one of her memories included a different guy at a different age in a different place, but they were all basically stories about being raped. I believe that she was being honest with every story, but they obviously cant all be true as being her first time. Memories dont last forever particularly when its a traumatic event. When a therapist gets involved you have the added aspect of suggestion.

Everything in this scenario needs to be taken with a grain of salt

FBI is going to investigate. That's all we wanted. Good luck to Kavanaugh. Lol.
While the FBI will probably take up the request to reopen the background investigation, I haven't seen anything that said that they have.

What do you expect will actually take place in this reopened background investigation?

Liberals:

So naïve So naïve.
-He was the president of the 100 keg club
-He was nicknamed "ralph" for puking so much from drinking
-The other year book references are just amazing
-The people that actually drank with him at Yale are stunned by the church choir song and dance he gave to faux news.
-The other guy in the room with him is a recovering alcoholic.
-She has therapy records that prove this.
-She's a credible witness having graduated from 4 or 5 colleges and contains a Ph.D
-She told friends of the experience.

Reactions: bluechip12
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT