ADVERTISEMENT

Kavanaugh Vote Now in Jeopardy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. So do you think that someone can call into question what Dr. Ford believes is true without calling her a liar?
^ That's what most on the left, along with many on the right, are failing to understand. A latent memory that only manifested itself the past 5+ years, from something that happened 35+ years, is not the same as a recalled memory.

And that's before we get into familiar v. random.

BTW, the WP is pushing it's latest ...

The American Bar Association had concerns about Kavanaugh 12 years ago. Republicans dismissed those, too.
Ignore the sensationalist title, and read the article. The Republicans didn't dismiss them. The ABA merely downgraded their "well qualified" recommendation to "qualified," and it was just as political because he had been part of Starr's team (along with many), W.'s campaign, etc... The ABA has since upgraded him to '"well qualified" as of July. But now we have them saying wait until the FBI is done.

Even though the FBI can do very, very little.

Last edited:
Yes but not that's what what he was doing.
That's fair that you have that opinion of what he's trying to say. I just wanted to make sure because I know plenty of people who don't discern the difference and are stigmatizing everyone who is trying to get to the truth beneath her story as accusing her of lying with malevolent intent.

In civilized society, we need to be able to ask questions about the credibility of someone's accusation without diminishing or vilifying the accuser. Similarly, we need to investigate the accused without convicting and condemning based solely on the accusation. Both sides deserve the due process, in the courts of public opinion and law. That's one of the pillars of liberty.

^ That's what most on the left, along with many on the right, are failing to understand. A latent memory that only manifested itself the past 5+ years, from something that happened 35+ years, is not the same as a recalled memory.

And that's before we get into familiar v. random.

BTW, the WP is pushing it's latest ...

The American Bar Association had concerns about Kavanaugh 12 years ago. Republicans dismissed those, too.
Ignore the sensationalist title, and read the article. The Republicans didn't dismiss them. The ABA merely downgraded their "well qualified" recommendation to "qualified," and it was just as political because he had been part of Starr's team (along with many), W.'s campaign, etc... The ABA has since upgraded him to '"well qualified" as of July. But now we have them saying wait until the FBI is done.

Even though the FBI can do very, very little.
Thanks for sharing that. Sheds even more light.

Reactions: UCFBS
Thanks for sharing that. Sheds even more light.
Basically the ABA is just as political at times as any other professional association. Some wanted to make a huge deal over him being on Starr's staff, and involved with W.'s campaign, while others complained those lawyers were using the association for their political doing.

In other words ... Kavanaugh has seen a lot of political targeting ... at himself, for decades. So I'm now starting to understand why he feels the way he feels.

At the same time ... keep one thing in mind ...

SCOTUS Justices can and may be impeached!

Federal impeachment is actually very common, but it's usually only of federal employees, even judges, but very rare in the case of POTUS or SCOTUS. If the FBI finds anything, Congress can impeach Kavanaugh off-the-bench.

Just thought I'd mention that.

That's fair that you have that opinion of what he's trying to say. I just wanted to make sure because I know plenty of people who don't discern the difference and are stigmatizing everyone who is trying to get to the truth beneath her story as accusing her of lying with malevolent intent.

In civilized society, we need to be able to ask questions about the credibility of someone's accusation without diminishing or vilifying the accuser. Similarly, we need to investigate the accused without convicting and condemning based solely on the accusation. Both sides deserve the due process, in the courts of public opinion and law. That's one of the pillars of liberty.

Your last part is what Democrats want to utterly destroy in all of this. And largely, with the entire #MeToo movement. The mandate is not to merely take women and accusers seriously, which they should be, but to instantly believe everything said without reservation or any requirement of validation or evidence. (Even though in this instance I believe this instant assumption of truth is 100% partisan driver)

It's not only absurd, it's dangerous.

Kavanaugh is going to survive this pathetic Democratic smear attack and be voted into the Supreme Court. I'm great.

The FBI will "investigate" by looking around for any actual evidence and finding none. It'll be the quickest "investigation" in modern history. Or they may simply do what they did originally and remind these morons that this is not their jurisdiction - or their job.

Surely our FBI has better things to do than chase ghost accusations from 37 years ago. You know- LIKE CATCHINGI THE RUSSIANS!!!!!!!!

Kavanaugh is going to survive this pathetic Democratic smear attack and be voted into the Supreme Court. I'm great.

The FBI will "investigate" by looking around for any actual evidence and finding none. It'll be the quickest "investigation" in modern history. Or they may simply do what they did originally and remind these morons that this is not their jurisdiction - or their job.

Surely our FBI has better things to do than chase ghost accusations from 37 years ago. You know- LIKE CATCHINGI THE RUSSIANS!!!!!!!!
You don't seem ok.

In fact, you seem... dare I say...

S H O O K
H
O
O
K

Your last part is what Democrats want to utterly destroy in all of this. And largely, with the entire #MeToo movement. The mandate is not to merely take women and accusers seriously, which they should be, but to instantly believe everything said without reservation or any requirement of validation or evidence. (Even though in this instance I believe this instant assumption of truth is 100% partisan driver)

It's not only absurd, it's dangerous.

That’s not what I believe or want.

And now the Democratic Senators are slowly backing off how much a FBI investigation will prove. The Republicans just called their bluff, and many are rushing to say things like ...

“Yes of course there should be an FBI investigation. But whatever they find doesn’t change the fact that Kavanaugh, especially after his performance yesterday, is the most dangerous Supreme Court pick of our lifetime.” -- Sen. Chris Murphy, D-Ct​

Nothing will satisfy Democrats unless Kavanaugh is pushed back until the next term, or he withdraws his nomination, which would push back the next candidate until the next term.

Not a shocker. The only question is ... will #metoo recognize they were used?

Reactions: fabknight

For the umpteenth time, her recollection of her assault by Kavanaugh is not a 'latent' memory.

For the umpteenth time, her recollection of her assault by Kavanaugh is not a 'latent' memory.
So she's remembered the attack and it being Kavanaugh for all 36 years, and told everyone it was him that she spoke of? If so -- for the umpteenth time -- why isn't her friend -- who she named -- from 1982 collaborating her statement? Why did Ford name her in the first place, if she wasn't going to collaborate her memory?

Why are you ignoring some of the facts in this matter? Why? And why are you saying this is like other, alleged rape attempts where the person was named from the get-go? You're just undermining them!

So she's remembered the attack and it being Kavanaugh for all 36 years, and told everyone it was him that she spoke of? If so -- for the umpteenth time -- why isn't her friend -- who she named -- from 1982 collaborating her statement? Why did Ford name her in the first place, if she wasn't going to collaborate her memory?

Why are you ignoring some of the facts in this matter? Why? And why are you saying this is like other, alleged rape attempts where the person was named from the get-go? You're just undermining them!
You're exhausting.

A woman comes on this board and gives out her name, details, and shows that she went to HS with @fried-chicken. She says that he's a big drinker and a loose canon, a bit of a troll, and that he tried to sexually assault her 12 years ago. Nothing beyond that- no evidence, anyone else to corroborate, nothing.

That's it, right? @fried-chicken is a rapist and the woman is telling the truth. That's how it'd be yes?

I'm just trying to understand the new rules according to lefties here

So how will the Dems try to destroy Amy Coney Barrett when she is nominated as a replacement for Kavanaugh? Or, hopefully, Mike Lee?

I have to LOL at this a little bit because the left is trying to pass up a chance at confirming someone who is pretty moderate and comparable to kennedy, and they will end up with the prospect of having to try to destroy either a woman or a man the pretty much the entire senate says is a good man.

So how will the Dems try to destroy Amy Coney Barrett when she is nominated as a replacement for Kavanaugh? Or, hopefully, Mike Lee?

I have to LOL at this a little bit because the left is trying to pass up a chance at confirming someone who is pretty moderate and comparable to kennedy, and they will end up with the prospect of having to try to destroy either a woman or a man the pretty much the entire senate says is a good man.

If, IF, somehow Kav does get railroaded by Feinstein and her cronies, I hope to God that Trump nominated Amy Barrett. After this debacle, the D's will have not a goddamn thing to whine about with her and she'll be passed.

A woman with a much more conservative streak than Kav.

Reactions: fabknight
A woman comes on this board and gives out her name, details, and shows that she went to HS with @fried-chicken. She says that he's a big drinker and a loose canon, a bit of a troll, and that he tried to sexually assault her 12 years ago. Nothing beyond that- no evidence, anyone else to corroborate, nothing.

That's it, right? @fried-chicken is a rapist and the woman is telling the truth. That's how it'd be yes?

Guess what I would do...

I'd say I welcome any investigation into this and I hope to be of help for this woman to find who did this to her and who is very hurt.

Same way they treated both Gorsuch and Kavanaugh, fairly.

Reactions: DaShuckster
70% of women in child bearing age identify as democrats.

Flake saved you from yourself. You should be thinking him for not galvanizing those women against the GOP for life.

Guess what I would do...

I'd say I welcome any investigation into this and I hope to be of help for this woman to find who did this to her and who is very hurt.

But there’s no investigation needed. We would have already deemed her as telling the truth and you a rapist. It’s 12 years later and the police have no role here.

It’s her accusation vs you and we are automatically believing she is right, you’re a rapist, and you must prove otherwise on your own

Reactions: UCFWayne
Democrats over played their hand. Next week several democrats will cross over and approve Kavanaugh.

Still a better reason than "last year in office lawlz"

Conservatives didn't mind being obstructionists during the Obama presidency, and denied to even hear Merrick Garland.

At least Democrats have dirt on your guy.

Quit being whiney little bitches like your fuhrer.

Reactions: bluechip12
Still a better reason than "last year in office lawlz"

Conservatives didn't mind being obstructionists during the Obama presidency, and denied to even hear Merrick Garland.

At least Democrats have dirt on your guy.

Quit being whiney little bitches like your fuhrer.
What dirt?

But there’s no investigation needed. We would have already deemed her as telling the truth and you a rapist. It’s 12 years later and the police have no role here.

It’s her accusation vs you and we are automatically believing she is right, you’re a rapist, and you must prove otherwise on your own
You're not right.

Nope, not how it works no matter how many times you try to play that same dumb card.

You're not right.

I’m exactly right. This is what people are demanding right now. Your people.

Chris Coons just said that he won’t accept Kav even IF this sham FBI investigation clears him

If what I described transpired, the new left wing MeToo rules dictate that you be labeled a rapist. Sorry if you don’t want to accept it since it damages your current partisan talking point but I’m right, and you know it

The Democrats are now coming under scrutiny for some of their statements on the forthcoming FBI investigation. Even I, who agreed that a FBI investigation should occur (which mentioned it could come after his confirmation, and he could be impeached), am shocked how self-defeating their statements are.

They're not saying the FBI investigation would be incomplete or not comprehensive enough. They're saying they will completely disregard the FBI's findings. It's really playing right into Republican's hands.

I don't understand the vitriol here. All the senate Judiciary Committee did - correctly - was move the nomination to the Senate floor provided there will be a slight delay for a further background check.

You'd think everybody would be in favor of that.

At the very least, Kavanaugh will now get on the court without the cry that Ford's claims were never investigated. But clearly partisan politics is a game that some conservatives simply cannot resist playing -- even in situations like this one where common sense should tell them to bite their lips and STFU.

I don't understand the vitriol here. All the senate Judiciary Committee did - correctly - was move the nomination to the Senate floor provided there will be a slight delay for a further background check.

You'd think everybody would be in favor of that.

At the very least, Kavanaugh will now get on the court without the cry that Ford's claims were never investigated. But clearly partisan politics is a game that some conservatives simply cannot resist playing -- even in situations like this one where common sense should tell them to bite their lips and STFU.
Ok. When the Senate gets the new report and the Dems move for more time. And then something else. And something else. At some point, you’ll come back on here and say that we were right and your favorite team was just playing politics?

Also, you read the posts and understand just fine why the FBI investigation is far more likely than not to be a waste of time. You’re just playing ignorant to stir the pot.

you read the posts and understand just fine why the FBI investigation is far more likely than not to be a waste of time.

Even if the investigation were to turn up no new relevant information, it will never have been, in your words, a 'waste of time.'

There are a hell of a lot of women voters who were very interested to see if Ford's claims would be arbitrarily dismissed by the Senate Republicans. Fortunately for the Republicans, one Senator, Jeff Frakes, has a brain and actually uses it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT