ADVERTISEMENT

Lebron Trying To Trademark Taco Tuesday

The guy has enough money to do whatever he wishes. It would be a full time job just trying to spend his money, so I am not surprised. :sunglasses:

This asshole needs to shutup and dribble. Nobody thinks of Lebron when they are seeking out tacos on a tuesday

Now he’s backing college athletes being able to make money off of name. The big schools will get all the elite talent

Now he’s backing college athletes being able to make money off of name. The big schools will get all the elite talent

that Bill is on hold in the State of California I think but may be voted on soon. I think it allows student athletes to sign endorsement deals with Nike, etc while playing in college so it's technically not the Universities paying them. I may be wrong on that gotta look it up later.

that Bill is on hold in the State of California I think but may be voted on soon. I think it allows student athletes to sign endorsement deals with Nike, etc while playing in college so it's technically not the Universities paying them. I may be wrong on that gotta look it up later.
Yes but companies have CEOs and such that want their alma matters to be good in sports. Hey kid, if you go to Oregon, I’ll endorse you for 5 mil a year. Phil Knight soon to be quote . Then what if one athlete is going to a Nike school and another company pays him to wear their stuff? Jordan lost our Adidas contract. Ended up working out but if it was some every day schmo, we would have been in trouble.

Yes but companies have CEOs and such that want their alma matters to be good in sports. Hey kid, if you go to Oregon, I’ll endorse you for 5 mil a year. Phil Knight soon to be quote . Then what if one athlete is going to a Nike school and another company pays him to wear their stuff? Jordan lost our Adidas contract. Ended up working out but if it was some every day schmo, we would have been in trouble.
but the flip side of that is if this was legal in Florida and every other State after the 2017 undefeated season Milton hypothetically gets a Nike offer for 2-3 years and a couple Million in the bank before suffering a potentially career ending injury. KZ's play alone increased the value of the UCF Brand.

but the flip side of that is if this was legal in Florida and every other State after the 2017 undefeated season Milton hypothetically gets a Nike offer for 2-3 years and a couple Million in the bank before suffering a potentially career ending injury. KZ's play alone increased the value of the UCF Brand.
I think it would be used as a recruiting tool more than just give athletes pro like money. Nike says I’ll give you 2 mil at UCF or transfer to Florida and we’ll give you 5 mil.

I think it would be used as a recruiting tool more than just give athletes pro like money. Nike says I’ll give you 2 mil at UCF or transfer to Florida and we’ll give you 5 mil.
Milton wasn't a high profile top rated recruit with offers from everywhere. And even the recruits that are like Justin Fields would probably not get an endorsement offer till they prove to be a good college QB unless they gamble that they are a can't miss prospect. I doubt that would cause transfers when a QB is comfortable in a specific system.

It's already happening, this would just eliminate the chance of jail for the middlemen.

It's already happening, this would just eliminate the chance of jail for the middlemen.
It’s not happening in the millions like this is setting up. Top players may get a few hundred thousand over a few years. This is setting it up for way more money. Trevor Lawrence could have been swayed to another school if they promised a mil or 2 a year and then million or 2 more if they win NC.

It’s not happening in the millions like this is setting up. Top players may get a few hundred thousand over a few years. This is setting it up for way more money. Trevor Lawrence could have been swayed to another school if they promised a mil or 2 a year and then million or 2 more if they win NC.
College football and basketball are slowly devolving into minor league professional sports. How lucrative are the player endorsement deals there?

College football and basketball are slowly devolving into minor league professional sports. How lucrative are the player endorsement deals there?
Right now zero because it’s illegal. That’s why it’s done under table with hopefully no one finding out. Money is way less as well because of that. It will be big if they let it happen. Only for P5 kids though. Which will kill us even more. Nike could literally pay every kid in every sport money for wearing their gear at Oregon. Even if they aren’t good. That would help them recruit.

Yes but if Clanton or someone else did that we would have been screwed.

No.

Remember, Marcus had permission from Adidas Reps who covered the Southeast to wear his custom made Nikes....it was only when Adidas in Germany heard about it just before his next game...they said they would cancel their UCF contract...and that's when Nike was able to open the door.

Clanton could have had a medical condition (not a famous Dad who was the greatest NBA Player of All Time), and could have asked for permission to wear something by Adidas...and he would have been given permission and no one at Adidas HQ would have cared.

No.

Remember, Marcus had permission from Adidas Reps who covered the Southeast to wear his custom made Nikes....it was only when Adidas in Germany heard about it just before his next game...they said they would cancel their UCF contract...and that's when Nike was able to open the door.

Clanton could have had a medical condition (not a famous Dad who was the greatest NBA Player of All Time), and could have asked for permission to wear something by Adidas...and he would have been given permission and no one at Adidas HQ would have cared.
Let me know if you see any players not wearing Nike tonight. I bet you don’t.

Doesn’t take effect for 3 years and will be a decade at least before states in the south do anything. By that point we should be in a bigger conference

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT