ADVERTISEMENT

Linkin Park Singer Commits Suicide

And black people aren't humans, and being gay is a choice. You are on the wrong side of science, history, and facts, just like the majority of your posts. It is quite embarrassing that you are actually trying to argue this, when a simple Google search will show you that their are actually facts supporting my side of the argument, and only backwards hillbillies supporting yours. But I guess the flat Earth thread shows just how easy it is for ridiculous ideas to stick around.

If you trim some of the hair off your pubic area, you should find a penis...maybe.

And black people aren't humans, and being gay is a choice. You are on the wrong side of science, history, and facts, just like the majority of your posts. It is quite embarrassing that you are actually trying to argue this, when a simple Google search will show you that their are actually facts supporting my side of the argument, and only backwards hillbillies supporting yours. But I guess the flat Earth thread shows just how easy it is for ridiculous ideas to stick around.

You're right. Saying a penis is a way to identify a male is exactly lkke saying black people aren't humans.

Bravo. Your superior intellect has again won an argument, without being absurd or moronic in any ways.

Reactions: barrister1602
This is where I tell you to FK yourself. You lost a friend sorry to hear that and my sympathies go out to their family and I'm serious about that. I lost my father when he was 46 to a heart attack, I lost my older brother last year to cancer, he was 50. My brother and father didn't decide one day to kill themselves, they didn't have a choice in the matter. I stayed with my brother in the hospital and then hospice watching him go from a 6'1", 240 pound man to 145 pounds in two months. I watched him as he made me promise to look after his 17 year old daughter, now a freshman at UCF. My brother never got a choice, I will not apologize for my way of thinking. We all feel anxious, stressed, overwhelmed. We all feel the pressure of failure at times. You all want to bash me for my comments fine but this guy was a user, most likely got himself jacked up on something that altered his way of thinking. That was his choice.
You're either a troll (at best) or completely ignorant (at worst). I don't know you from Adam, Sir G, but you sound very much like me several years ago. I had a close friend of mine that spiraled into a deeply dark place. I had known this friend for quite some time and the person they "became" was not the person I had known for the majority of that time. I ignored the warning signs, the silent cries for help and the signs that something terrible might happen. Then one day I was given the news that he connected a hose to his tailpipe and sat in his car in the garage until he finally escaped the torture going on within his brain. Unfortunately, that's the narrative that I now understand; but not the conclusion I drew at the time. Selfish, asshole, narcissist, loser, weak-minded were some of the adjectives I used immediately after his death.

Fast forward several years and my brother-in-law is finally diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia. He'll be 40 this year and he's been in and out of hospitals, treatment centers, halfway houses...you name it...for close to 20 years. Sadder yet is that for the majority of those 20 years he was misdiagnosed. He's been in Betty Ford, Austen Riggs and some other very, very costly centers and most got it wrong. I'm not a mental health expert, so I can only speculate as to reasons he was misdiagnosed; but, the great news (if you can even call it that) is that he's been accurately diagnosed now and his cocktail of prescriptions (one of which is a time-released, monthly injection) seems to be keeping him in balance. Well, as balanced as one can expect to be given his medical situation. He'll never be able to live on his own again. He'll likely never hold a meaningful job (despite graduating Cum Laude from a renowned college). He'll never have a family outside of those that he knows now.

Unfortunately for me, I didn't understand mental illness until living through my brother-in-law's situation. I have many times thought deeply about my old friend and apologized to him for not understanding the untreated demons he was battling. Had I understood things better - rather than casting him off as someone going through the blues, a crybaby, someone who couldn't deal with the rigors of every day life - could I have been the one to alter the course of history? Who knows? Likely not, but I can't sit here today with good conscience and tell myself that I did everything in my power. I didn't reach out. I wasn't a friend. I was the selfish, narcissistic, weak-minded asshole. I don't like thinking about silver linings, but living through the pain and torture that my brother-in-law has experienced for his entire adult life has forced me to become a more informed individual and I empathize with those going through mental health challenges (whether directly or indirectly). It has, at times, torn our family apart and I'm shocked that my wife has any tears left in her body after all of these years.

Bottom line: I'm very, very sorry for the loss of your father and your brother. You're correct, they didn't choose to be diagnosed with heart issues or cancer, much like my brother-in-law and my close friend didn't choose to be diagnosed with their maladies either. My hope is that there's someone out there that already has their head up their ass (like I did) that will rethink their position and do a little research on the matter so that they don't have to learn the way I did.

You're either a troll (at best) or completely ignorant (at worst). I don't know you from Adam, Sir G, but you sound very much like me several years ago. I had a close friend of mine that spiraled into a deeply dark place. I had known this friend for quite some time and the person they "became" was not the person I had known for the majority of that time. I ignored the warning signs, the silent cries for help and the signs that something terrible might happen. Then one day I was given the news that he connected a hose to his tailpipe and sat in his car in the garage until he finally escaped the torture going on within his brain. Unfortunately, that's the narrative that I now understand; but not the conclusion I drew at the time. Selfish, asshole, narcissist, loser, weak-minded were some of the adjectives I used immediately after his death.

Fast forward several years and my brother-in-law is finally diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia. He'll be 40 this year and he's been in and out of hospitals, treatment centers, halfway houses...you name it...for close to 20 years. Sadder yet is that for the majority of those 20 years he was misdiagnosed. He's been in Betty Ford, Austen Riggs and some other very, very costly centers and most got it wrong. I'm not a mental health expert, so I can only speculate as to reasons he was misdiagnosed; but, the great news (if you can even call it that) is that he's been accurately diagnosed now and his cocktail of prescriptions (one of which is a time-released, monthly injection) seems to be keeping him in balance. Well, as balanced as one can expect to be given his medical situation. He'll never be able to live on his own again. He'll likely never hold a meaningful job (despite graduating Cum Laude from a renowned college). He'll never have a family outside of those that he knows now.

Unfortunately for me, I didn't understand mental illness until living through my brother-in-law's situation. I have many times thought deeply about my old friend and apologized to him for not understanding the untreated demons he was battling. Had I understood things better - rather than casting him off as someone going through the blues, a crybaby, someone who couldn't deal with the rigors of every day life - could I have been the one to alter the course of history? Who knows? Likely not, but I can't sit here today with good conscience and tell myself that I did everything in my power. I didn't reach out. I wasn't a friend. I was the selfish, narcissistic, weak-minded asshole. I don't like thinking about silver linings, but living through the pain and torture that my brother-in-law has experienced for his entire adult life has forced me to become a more informed individual and I empathize with those going through mental health challenges (whether directly or indirectly). It has, at times, torn our family apart and I'm shocked that my wife has any tears left in her body after all of these years.

Bottom line: I'm very, very sorry for the loss of your father and your brother. You're correct, they didn't choose to be diagnosed with heart issues or cancer, much like my brother-in-law and my close friend didn't choose to be diagnosed with their maladies either. My hope is that there's someone out there that already has their head up their ass (like I did) that will rethink their position and do a little research on the matter so that they don't have to learn the way I did.
I never said I did not believe that some people have issues with mental illness. Read my first post here, I said I did not feel sorry for some rock star that was probably high on something and offed himself. Your friend and brother are not in the same boat as the Lincoln Park guy. Now I also went off on bq a bit because of his BS addictive personality. As I said, nearly 1 in 6 Americans are on some sort of anti depressant. It's like labeling all these kids with ADD, it's a easy way to medically treat people for day to day life.

I do believe that there are people out there in trouble mentally, sounds like your brother is one of them. At the same time I believe that is a very small number compared to those that actually do kill themselves. I also don't believe that people like the Lincoln Park guy falls into that category. Taking drugs for a long time will alter ines ability to cope, that is not mental illness, that is addiction.

You're right. Saying a penis is a way to identify a male is exactly lkke saying black people aren't humans.

Bravo. Your superior intellect has again won an argument, without being absurd or moronic in any ways.

If this board was around 160 years ago I have zero doubts you would be trying to make that argument based on how you act here.

I never said I did not believe that some people have issues with mental illness. Read my first post here, I said I did not feel sorry for some rock star that was probably high on something and offed himself. Your friend and brother are not in the same boat as the Lincoln Park guy. Now I also went off on bq a bit because of his BS addictive personality. As I said, nearly 1 in 6 Americans are on some sort of anti depressant. It's like labeling all these kids with ADD, it's a easy way to medically treat people for day to day life.

I do believe that there are people out there in trouble mentally, sounds like your brother is one of them. At the same time I believe that is a very small number compared to those that actually do kill themselves. I also don't believe that people like the Lincoln Park guy falls into that category. Taking drugs for a long time will alter ines ability to cope, that is not mental illness, that is addiction.

..But you have NO IDEA who the lead singer of Linkin Park was in person, from what it sounds like from the people who have spoken around him, he has always had some issues with depression.

...and I will stick to what I said about addiction being a disease. I can also think that a lot of people do abuse anti-depressants, etc. That does not mean that there cannot be people who are truly addicted to things.

Truth is there's only so much detail I choose to go into on a public message board, but I'll just leave it at this: my friend was self-medicating at the time of his death and my brother-in-law has self-medicated many, many times throughout the years (hence why he's wound up in places that specialize in addiction) and there have been instances where this singer's story could've just as easily been about him. It doesn't matter if the topic of the OP was "some rock star" or a lost soul living underneath a highway overpass. The truth is that, like heart disease and cancer, mental illness is an equal opportunity destroyer.

I will say that my personal observations from a couple people close to me lead me to entirely different conclusions . A close family member was diagnosed as manic depressive and it was scary to watch . Not sure what was better , on the meds or off . Another friend in the last few years was put on anti depression meds , but at a low dose , and as long as he stays on them he's good . It's something we've all had contact with and every experience is different .

you are putting words in peoples mouths. dont know when myself or 85 said anything crazy like that. you probably never took an anatomy at ucf, otherwise you probably would have failed it.

If this board was around 160 years ago I have zero doubts you would be trying to make that argument based on how you act here.
you have that backwards. 85 is a known republican. republicans fought the civil war to end slavery not keep it. you would have been more likely to make the argument that blacks are subhuman based on your politics.

Reactions: barrister1602
you have that backwards. 85 is a known republican. republicans fought the civil war to end slavery not keep it. you would have been more likely to make the argument that blacks are subhuman based on your politics.

Yes, me the libertarian who wants to give everyone equal rights, even people you and 85 obviously can't stand. Makes total sense

You people do know that depression is an actual illness, right? You may choose to not believe it, but that doesn't make it fake or make your asinine assumptions of what goes on inside a sick person's mind right all of a sudden. It's a fukcing illness, you fukcing cockfarts. Just because you're getting help, doesn't mean you can be cured. I thought people on this forum were supposed to be smart people that went to college and shit, but there's obviously some shitass fukcing cockfarts that can't see past their own dicks. If you're looking at a depression victim that commits suicide and your only thought is "fukc that guy he left his family behind" then you got some reading and some learning to do about an illness that you obviously know shit about.

You people do know that depression is an actual illness, right? You may choose to not believe it, but that doesn't make it fake or make your asinine assumptions of what goes on inside a sick person's mind right all of a sudden. It's a fukcing illness, you fukcing cockfarts. Just because you're getting help, doesn't mean you can be cured. I thought people on this forum were supposed to be smart people that went to college and shit, but there's obviously some shitass fukcing cockfarts that can't see past their own dicks. If you're looking at a depression victim that commits suicide and your only thought is "fukc that guy he left his family behind" then you got some reading and some learning to do about an illness that you obviously know shit about.

Nah man they are just selfish pussies, our resident medical experts have proclaimed it.

Reactions: jetsaholic
..But you have NO IDEA who the lead singer of Linkin Park was in person, from what it sounds like from the people who have spoken around him, he has always had some issues with depression.

...and I will stick to what I said about addiction being a disease. I can also think that a lot of people do abuse anti-depressants, etc. That does not mean that there cannot be people who are truly addicted to things.
And if depression brought him down than I stand by my original comments. A huge portion of the United States has depression.

Wasn't Chester raped and abused as a child and has been dealing with depression all of his life?

Oops, I'm sorry. What was I thinking. He's a disgusting and selfish piece of shit. He reminds me a lot of all those soldiers who have PTSD who are also selfish pieces of shit who take their own lives.

I WISH THIS FUCCKING THREAD WOULD COMMIT SUICIDE !!!!!

Because fukc science, right?

I can't even sometimes.

cant-even-scale.jpg

Reactions: jetsaholic
Wasn't Chester raped and abused as a child and has been dealing with depression all of his life?

Oops, I'm sorry. What was I thinking. He's a disgusting and selfish piece of shit. He reminds me a lot of all those soldiers who have PTSD who are also selfish pieces of shit who take their own lives.

"22 veterans commit suicide every day. Every single one of them is a selfish little pussy"

-Dr. Gal, M.D.

"22 veterans commit suicide every day. Every single one of them is a selfish little pussy"

-Dr. Gal, M.D.

CTE is found in 99% of studied brains from deceased NFL players who donated their brains for scientific research. This is all according to a new report that was published in the Journal of the American Medical Association. However, their findings showed that 100% of the people who committed suicide as a result of CTE were selfish and weak pieces of shit who deserve absolutely no sympathy.

http://www.npr.org/2017/07/25/539198429/study-cte-found-in-nearly-all-donated-nfl-player-brains

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT