ADVERTISEMENT

Linkin Park Singer Commits Suicide

Child abuse victims are often left with emotional problems that manifest into suicidal thoughts, often later in life as brain chemical/hormonal balances start to change.

Both Sir G and the pacifists have a point. It is frustrating to see one take their whole own life, but you can't really understand depression and lack of ability to cope unless you have been there yourself.

Child abuse victims are often left with emotional problems that manifest into suicidal thoughts, often later in life as brain chemical/hormonal balances start to change.

Both Sir G and the pacifists have a point. It is frustrating to see one take their whole own life, but you can't really understand depression and lack of ability to cope unless you have been there yourself.
I'm going to bet that there is a pretty small percentage that commit suicide for giggles. I get the frustration for sure, but I just don't think a high percentage of people take that step for what they perceive to be petty or shallow reasons.

I just lost a friend of 15 years to an apparent suicide Thursday. I know she had issues, tried to help, as did many of her friends and family. I don't really know how I feel about it. Varies from deep anger for a selfish act, to sadness for her daughters, to failure on my part as to how I could have potentially helped more so that this didn't happen. It is all very confusing. I can understand why people have mixed feelings of sympathy/anger. Wish I could put it into simple black and white opinions. Only black and white opinion I have right now is that Sir G can go **** himself for being a callous self-righteous cocksplat.
This is where I tell you to FK yourself. You lost a friend sorry to hear that and my sympathies go out to their family and I'm serious about that. I lost my father when he was 46 to a heart attack, I lost my older brother last year to cancer, he was 50. My brother and father didn't decide one day to kill themselves, they didn't have a choice in the matter. I stayed with my brother in the hospital and then hospice watching him go from a 6'1", 240 pound man to 145 pounds in two months. I watched him as he made me promise to look after his 17 year old daughter, now a freshman at UCF. My brother never got a choice, I will not apologize for my way of thinking. We all feel anxious, stressed, overwhelmed. We all feel the pressure of failure at times. You all want to bash me for my comments fine but this guy was a user, most likely got himself jacked up on something that altered his way of thinking. That was his choice.

This is where I tell you to FK yourself. You lost a friend sorry to hear that and my sympathies go out to their family and I'm serious about that. I lost my father when he was 46 to a heart attack, I lost my older brother last year to cancer, he was 50. My brother and father didn't decide one day to kill themselves, they didn't have a choice in the matter. I stayed with my brother in the hospital and then hospice watching him go from a 6'1", 240 pound man to 145 pounds in two months. I watched him as he made me promise to look after his 17 year old daughter, now a freshman at UCF. My brother never got a choice, I will not apologize for my way of thinking. We all feel anxious, stressed, overwhelmed. We all feel the pressure of failure at times. You all want to bash me for my comments fine but this guy was a user, most likely got himself jacked up on something that altered his way of thinking. That was his choice.
...and you still don't get it, which is why you are being insulted.
Your brother didn't have a choice. Most all depression sufferers and people who commit suicide don't have a choice, either. No matter how much you think they do, you're blatantly wrong.

...and you still don't get it, which is why you are being insulted.
Your brother didn't have a choice. Most all depression sufferers and people who commit suicide don't have a choice, either. No matter how much you think they do, you're blatantly wrong.
This entire thread started with guy that was a known drug abuser, that was a choice he made and most likely led to his final decision.

This entire thread started with guy that was a known drug abuser, that was a choice he made and most likely led to his final decision.

I 100%, authentically feel bad for your loved ones. Your train of thought is pretty disgusting.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
I 100%, authentically feel bad for your loved ones. Your train of thought is pretty disgusting.
You act as if he died of a drug overdose and his addiction killed him. He hung himself, that was a decision he made. Now he may have been drugged up at the time but once again, his decision.

Reactions: barrister1602
Maybe if your brother would have made better decisions, he wouldn't have got cancer.

Maybe if your brother would have made better decisions, he wouldn't have got cancer.
You're probably right, he should have gotten a colonoscopy at 35 instead of 45 but I hardly think that is where you're going. I would expect nothing less from you.

Last edited:
My question is, where to you draw the line? After all, maybe Dylan Roof was going through depression and had some sort of chemical imbalance that turned him into a racist pos with a wanderlust for blood.

Perhaps the Newtown school shooter really wasn't such a bad guy after all. He had well documented mental issues, so surely that excuses and absolves him of any wrongdoing for murdering 22 children in cold blood, right?

Point is, let's stop making excuses for people and be real for once. Like Chris Rock once said in a stand-up routine, "what ever happened to someone just being crazy"?

My question is, where to you draw the line? After all, maybe Dylan Roof was going through depression and had some sort of chemical imbalance that turned him into a racist pos with a wanderlust for blood.

Perhaps the Newtown school shooter really wasn't such a bad guy after all. He had well documented mental issues, so surely that excuses and absolves him of any wrongdoing for murdering 22 children in cold blood, right?

Point is, let's stop making excuses for people and be real for once. Like Chris Rock once said in a stand-up routine, "what ever happened to someone just being crazy"?

This pretty much sums up my viewpoint. Child molesters have a disease, alcoholics that kill a family in a minivan have a disease... Why aren't they given the same sympathy from the left? Suicide has been turned into another partisan topic when at the end of the day they're no different than the drunk that leaves the bar and kills a half dozen people or the priest that rapes a bunch of little boys. Why does someone that kills themselves and ruins the lives of everyone close to them get anymore sympathy than others with a disease?

This pretty much sums up my viewpoint. Child molesters have a disease, alcoholics that kill a family in a minivan have a disease... Why aren't they given the same sympathy from the left? Suicide has been turned into another partisan topic when at the end of the day they're no different than the drunk that leaves the bar and kills a half dozen people or the priest that rapes a bunch of little boys. Why does someone that kills themselves and ruins the lives of everyone close to them get anymore sympathy than others with a disease?
Careful there Bob, chemmie might insult a dead family member of yours.

I guess an idiot would still consider that an insult if they continue to ignore the realities of depression, mental illness, and suicidal thought.

Meh, what's he going to say? Call me a poor white trailer trash racist from his upper middle class $300k house in a downtown hipster neighborhood with a 50k Lincoln hybrid SUV in his garage? Lol, that's a true Pelosi liberal.

Sorry about your family members. I agree with the bold, but there's a significant difference between the occasional bouts of anxiety and depression that most people will get and the constant stream of bad thoughts that accompanies clinical depression and general anxiety. Those constant thoughts create an impaired judgment and worldview. Did he have a choice? Yes he did. Was his decision impaired by the undiagnosed (assumption on the diagnosis) clinical depression? Absolutely.

Both sides of the argument are partially right which is why it's so polarized.

Transgender isn't a gender. When someone who is transgender transitions, they are becoming the opposite gender, not transgender. So, as a guy, if I wanted to be a woman, I may say I am a trans woman (to let people know I am trans) but the ultimate goal (what you would check on a demographic survey) would be woman.
humans cannot transition to the opposite gender/sex. it is impossible to change someones dna. maybe years from now it might be possible, but not at this time. a guy can chop of his dick and get that surgery to make it kind of like a vagina, and get some fake tits, but they will always be a man. the medical community needs to come together and realize this for what it truly is, a mental disorder. only then can those people get the help they really need.

humans cannot transition to the opposite gender/sex. it is impossible to change someones dna. maybe years from now it might be possible, but not at this time. a guy can chop of his dick and get that surgery to make it kind of like a vagina, and get some fake tits, but they will always be a man. the medical community needs to come together and realize this for what it truly is, a mental disorder. only then can those people get the help they really need.

So people who want gender reassignment have a mental disorder and need to get help but those who have suicidal tendencies and depression just make selfish choices and are pieces of shit? Makes perfect sense.

You must of stayed in a Holiday Inn Express or something, you're smarter than the whole medical community. Damn!

Reactions: NinjaKnight
You must of stayed in a Holiday Inn Express or something, you're smarter than the whole medical community. Damn!
Scientific fact: XX = Female and XY = Male. There are some extremely limited other options that are documented and I do realize they exist. Literally every other "trans" needs mental help.

So people who want gender reassignment have a mental disorder and need to get help but those who have suicidal tendencies and depression just make selfish choices and are pieces of shit? Makes perfect sense.
there are clinical cases of depression that do need help. I think the majority that claim to be depressed are overblown and alot have other factors involved such as drug use. Ive said it once and Ill say it again, people that take their own lives without remorse for the pain that they will inflict on their friends and family are pieces of shit. My own family member included.

there are clinical cases of depression that do need help. I think the majority that claim to be depressed are overblown and alot have other factors involved such as drug use. Ive said it once and Ill say it again, people that take their own lives without remorse for the pain that they will inflict on their friends and family are pieces of shit. My own family member included.

Drug use certainly is part of the equation but what other evidence do you have other than "I think" to make you say it's overblown? In fact, who are you to say that those who claim to be depressed are overblowing it?

I am sorry you lost a family member but your grasp of this matter is antediluvian.

ve said it once and Ill say it again, people that take their own lives without remorse for the pain that they will inflict on their friends and family are pieces of shit.

Whoa dude. That's pretty harsh. I know it's hard to understand, but nobody understood CTE either and why those guys were off'ing themselves. I know it's hard to understand, but until you've been there yourself (or had someone close to you be there), you'll never really get it.

As someone mentioned before - when someone gets to the point where they are willing to take their own life - they are convinced the world would be better without them, family included. You have to be in a pretty bad spot to get to that point, it's not like killing yourself is an easy thing to do.

Drug use certainly is part of the equation but what other evidence do you have other than "I think" to make you say it's overblown? In fact, who are you to say that those who claim to be depressed are overblowing it?

I am sorry you lost a family member but your grasp of this matter is antediluvian.
im sure you have friends on facebook/whatever that are always "depressed" one way or another. the reason they are "depressed" is because their life isnt a fairytale not because they have an actual chemical imbalance. those types of people are looking for attention and in my opinion take away from those that actually suffering. its like the boy who cried wolf.

You are making an error in stating that gender is the same as sex. Once you realize they are not the same thing you will stop making yourself look foolish.

As someone mentioned before - when someone gets to the point where they are willing to take their own life - they are convinced the world would be better without them, family included.

Wrong, the shrinks I read seem to think it has to do with lack of ability to cope with something. My bestie up here in MA killed himself due to some workplace stress that he was not able to handle. The shrinks pumping him full of heavy duty meds during treatment didn't help things. Before the suicide, guy was completely normal. No depression. no mental illness.

im sure you have friends on facebook/whatever that are always "depressed" one way or another. the reason they are "depressed" is because their life isnt a fairytale not because they have an actual chemical imbalance. those types of people are looking for attention and in my opinion take away from those that actually suffering. its like the boy who cried wolf.

There are different grades of depression and mental illness. From meloncholy (what you describe), to Bipolar-1 , BiPolar-2, pychotic, schizophrenia. Those conditions are very serious. Don't paint everyone with a broad brush because you are only talking about the least impactive depression. (meloncholy).

But I do agree that too many people want SSI "disability" for some simple meloncholy. Sorry. Get your ass back to work.

As people have mentioned, that sort of "funk" is not the same as being clinically depressed. Yes, everyone goes through bits of their life where they may feel down and depressed but getting to the point where you would kill yourself is completely different.

As people have mentioned, that sort of "funk" is not the same as being clinically depressed. Yes, everyone goes through bits of their life where they may feel down and depressed but getting to the point where you would kill yourself is completely different.
drugs can often bring those types of people to the edge, something they never wouldve considered before.

Again, we are talking about people who are ready to off themselves--not attention whores. This really can't be that difficult for you.

there are only 2 options, not 50+.

Glad you know more than trained medical professionals, have you tried telling them they are wrong? Also you just changed the argument again...for a self proclaimed libertarian you sure argue like one of our resident Trump nut huggers.

Glad you know more than trained medical professionals, have you tried telling them they are wrong? Also you just changed the argument again...for a self proclaimed libertarian you sure argue like one of our resident Trump nut huggers.
When you say trained medical professionals do you mean Medical doctors or psychologists ?

LOL at a trained medical professional stating that there are more than 2 sexes/genders. Biology cant change just because you think it should be able to. not sure why you feel the need to bring politics into this...

Here- this is a really hard test so listen up. Look down. Do you see a penis or not? If yes, you are a male. If no, you are a female.

LOL at a trained medical professional stating that there are more than 2 sexes/genders. Biology cant change just because you think it should be able to. not sure why you feel the need to bring politics into this...

Here- this is a really hard test so listen up. Look down. Do you see a penis or not? If yes, you are a male. If no, you are a female.

And black people aren't humans, and being gay is a choice. You are on the wrong side of science, history, and facts, just like the majority of your posts. It is quite embarrassing that you are actually trying to argue this, when a simple Google search will show you that their are actually facts supporting my side of the argument, and only backwards hillbillies supporting yours. But I guess the flat Earth thread shows just how easy it is for ridiculous ideas to stick around.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT