ADVERTISEMENT

Manafort caught tampering with witnesses

Well, you yawned so I figured I’d respond in the same vein.

I just figured I'd get all the yawning out of the way, anytime what would be a career ending scandal for a normal POTUS pops up all the red hatters just yawn and then it goes away.

The prosecutors said that this isnt related to the Trump campaign, so theres that.

The bigger issue to me is that this is all starting to look an awful lot like the Teapot Dome scandal. How many corrupt people can Trump surround himself with before it comes back on him? Maybe its just giving us a glaring insight into how bad politics has become, where people go to great lengths to use the power of government for self-enrichment. Personally I dont think Trump himself is working that same angle but you have to question his judgment on who to trust.

Maybe its just giving us a glaring insight into how bad politics has become, where people go to great lengths to use the power of government for self-enrichment.

I have a tendency to agree with this. There's a crap ton of lawyers in politics and everyone knows that lawyers are unscrupulous bastards.

Reactions: Crazyhole
The prosecutors said that this isnt related to the Trump campaign, so theres that.

The bigger issue to me is that this is all starting to look an awful lot like the Teapot Dome scandal. How many corrupt people can Trump surround himself with before it comes back on him? Maybe its just giving us a glaring insight into how bad politics has become, where people go to great lengths to use the power of government for self-enrichment. Personally I dont think Trump himself is working that same angle but you have to question his judgment on who to trust.
He certainly didn’t use the vetting process very well

I hope you realize that nobody in Trump's corner cares if Manafort gets hung out to dry. They really don't.

Also, if you had "FBI spies" inside the Clinton Foundation and then spent tens of millions with a special prosecutor that had unfettered access and subpoena power, do you think they would have found any nefarious activity between the Clinton Foundation and the State Department? Of course they would have. It's not a surprise.

I hope you realize that nobody in Trump's corner cares if Manafort gets hung out to dry. They really don't.

And that is exactly what is the problem with you trump nut huggers. You SHOULD care. But you don't. You care more about asinine kneeling during the national anthem. Played like a fiddle comes to mind.

Also, if you had "FBI spies" inside the Clinton Foundation and then spent tens of millions with a special prosecutor that had unfettered access and subpoena power, do you think they would have found any nefarious activity between the Clinton Foundation and the State Department? Of course they would have. It's not a surprise.

So your entire argument is that "because the trump campaign is just as corrupt as the clinton campaign, we shouldn't care about it".

That is literally pathetic. I would want either side investigated and crimes punished.

If you put a team of investigators around any Presidential candidate and give them carte blanche to pull all records and look for anything at all and you'll find plenty of process crimes. Add in that Mueller, rather than quietly going about his business, is using the media to apply pressure on people and sway the popular opinion in his direction and it's easy to understand why you are getting this feeling. That is the intent from both the investigators and the media.

In some ways, it's the nature of having an international businessman with no political experience mount a Presidential campaign. These campaigns are so large and you've got so many people coming and going that there needs to be a substantial apparatus in place to vet them all and a decent compliance staff to keep from having problems. Trump, as a non-politician, would not have any of this in place from previous campaigns and would not necessarily understand the need for it. Then, he staffed his close team with non-politicians which didn't fill the experience gap. Some of these people that have been around but are non grata to most career politicians but they tell a good story and Trump doesn't have the experience to avoid them. Put all that together and you have a situation where the messy things don't get cleaned up as well as most campaigns that we are used to.

Or... Trump just doesn't care about the grey-line issues in people if he thinks they can be competent in their job and help him achieve his vision. He sure hasn't hesitated to fire people for whatever reasons so at least there's that.

Reactions: UCFWayne
And that is exactly what is the problem with you trump nut huggers. You SHOULD care. But you don't. You care more about asinine kneeling during the national anthem. Played like a fiddle comes to mind.
It's not that we don't care that he gets hung out to dry. The guy seems dirty and we want dirty people prosecuted. That goes without saying. It's that Manafort's crimes have nothing to do with Trump.

This Time magazine article profiling the short Manafort tenure with the Trump campaign is an interesting read. Basically, he was one of those "insiders" who worked his way into the campaign and started steering it in a way Trump didn't like and was fired. If you believe the article, Trump didn't like that some of the policy positions were pro-Ukrainian and that was part of what led to Trump firing him. If that is true, that is an interesting angle that could bolster Trump's America-first non-foreign collusion image. Or it could be spun as evidence that Russia was unhappy that Trump was moving pro-Ukrainian, I guess, if you want to go all TDS on this. Either way, this guy is not a central figure in the Trump story by any means.

Reactions: The Branch
So Peters doesn’t know if it’s true, but he feels like it may be because that’s the way Russians work and He thinks Trump’s weaknesses play into their strengths and oh by the way Trump hasn’t done anything overt against Russia. That’s an opinion with a ton of logic issues. In no way does he present any actual evidence nor any facts actually demonstrating a collusive link between the two.

So Peters doesn’t know if it’s true, but he feels like it may be because that’s the way Russians work and He thinks Trump’s weaknesses play into their strengths and oh by the way Trump hasn’t done anything overt against Russia. That’s an opinion with a ton of logic issues. In no way does he present any actual evidence nor any facts actually demonstrating a collusive link between the two.

You just basically described all of your above posts regarding the Mueller investigation. Lots of conjecture. Zero facts to back up that Mueller is working with the media.

I’m still waiting for hard proof from yesterday.

But I won’t hold my breath because I know Mueller doesn’t give a rats ass about what the dumbass talking pundits on either side are saying. He doesn’t care about what the American people as a whole think either because he doesn’t have to make his report public to them. He’s going to do his job, broad scope and all, and report his findings to Rosenstein.

You just basically described all of your above posts regarding the Mueller investigation. Lots of conjecture. Zero facts to back up that Mueller is working with the media.

I’m still waiting for hard proof from yesterday.

But I won’t hold my breath because I know Mueller doesn’t give a rats ass about what the dumbass talking pundits on either side are saying. He doesn’t care about what the American people as a whole think either because he doesn’t have to make his report public to them. He’s going to do his job, broad scope and all, and report his findings to Rosenstein.
When the media runs a story and cites “sources close to the investigation” that is a planned leak. Or at least it was for decades. But it’s a fact that the dossier’s veracity has not been proven and, in fact, some of the allegations in it have been disputed. It’s a fact that Comey leaked the memo that he wrote about conversations with the President through a friend who then leaked to the media. Comey admitted this so it isn’t conjecture. Comey admitted that he leaked it to spur on the call for a Special Investigator. That’s a fact. I did throw in opinion but it wasn’t 100% conjecture.

When the media runs a story and cites “sources close to the investigation” that is a planned leak. Or at least it was for decades. But it’s a fact that the dossier’s veracity has not been proven and, in fact, some of the allegations in it have been disputed. It’s a fact that Comey leaked the memo that he wrote about conversations with the President through a friend who then leaked to the media. Comey admitted this so it isn’t conjecture. Comey admitted that he leaked it to spur on the call for a Special Investigator. That’s a fact. I did throw in opinion but it wasn’t 100% conjecture.

I didn’t bring up the dossier and I didn’t bring up Comey. I’m only referring to your claims regarding Mueller working with or leaking to the media. I’m yet to see proof of it.

And “sources close to the investigation” means nothing. That could just as easily mean some staffer at the White House over heard a convo between Trump’s lawyers and the Mueller team and ran to the media. Most of what we know about the investigation comes from the spin Trump and his lawyers are trying to put on it.

I didn’t bring up the dossier and I didn’t bring up Comey. I’m only referring to your claims regarding Mueller working with or leaking to the media. I’m yet to see proof of it.

And “sources close to the investigation” means nothing. That could just as easily mean some staffer at the White House over heard a convo between Trump’s lawyers and the Mueller team and ran to the media. Most of what we know about the investigation comes from the spin Trump and his lawyers are trying to put on it.
Ah, ok. Then yes, my conjecture is similar. But I don't think all of the information from Mueller has not been from Trump, just the latest stuff and more since Giuliani joined the team.

Manafort's bond revoked. Heading to jail.

YAWN. Nothing to see here.

HOOOOORAAAAAY!!!!

another political thread!!!

Instead of wasting time trying trying to convince someone who will never change their opinions, we should be worried about Chemmie's mental state. He admits that he has gone off his anti-depressants. Frankly, I'm worried for the Fatty.

HOOOOORAAAAAY!!!!

Instead of wasting time trying trying to convince someone who will never change their opinions, we should be worried about Chemmie's mental state. He admits that he has gone off his anti-depressants. Frankly, I'm worried for the Fatty.

Shouldn't you be off writing another fictional Penthouse Forum post for the mental midgets in this forum?

HOOOOORAAAAAY!!!!

Be best. This isn't best.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
“Manafort has nothing to do with our campaign. But, I tell 'ya, I feel a little badly about it.”

-Literally the words from our current POTUS about his former Campaign Manager.

This is how stupid Trump thinks red hatters are, he believes he can just blatantly lie to their faces and they will believe him. The sad thing is he might be right.

I don't give a crap about Manfort.

Pardons are coming anyway ... so who cares.

If you don't see something wrong with this, you are an idiot.

Obama pardoned Chelsea Manning .... a traitor. Clinton pardoned Marc Rich who was a huge Clinton donor and was making millions selling oil to Iran while Iran was holding US hostages....

I'm sure you were equally horrified about those .... unless you are an idiot?

Obama pardoned Chelsea Manning .... a traitor. Clinton pardoned Marc Rich who was a huge Clinton donor and was making millions selling oil to Iran while Iran was holding US hostages....

Yeah, actually I am 100% against both of those. You see, it's crazy but some people are able to think for themselves and not mindlessly support what their party tells them to.

g0ovwbk5q8411.jpg

Makes sense that Newt would say that. Manafort was establishment. Which is part of the reason he only worked on the Trump campaign for 144 days. Trump hated the direction Manafort was going with it and fired him. So I’m thinking Newt was full of crap back then.

Those pardons aren't intended to obstruct justice in an investigation into those presidents.

Yeah, actually I am 100% against both of those. You see, it's crazy but some people are able to think for themselves and not mindlessly support what their party tells them to.

The difference is ... you get all offended by Trump's action and then say "yeah, i'm agains that too" when your buddies do the same thing.

Presidential pardons are mostly good .... and a portion of them are political ... in every single administration. Get used to it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT