Keyshawn Hall - 17 and 8 for George Mason last year
Moustapha Thiam - Incoming 5 Star

Unit 2 -

Jordan Ivy-Curry - 17 and 5 for UTSA last year
Dallan Coleman - Bigger guard, 35% career 3-pt shooter
JJ Taylor - Former Memphis 4 Star
Benny Williams - Long Syracuse body - Will be good for when we go zone
Rokas Jocius - 6'10 260 and shot 38% from 3 last year

Plus guys like Tyler Hendricks, Nils Machowski that will both push Dallan Coleman for that 10th spot (I assume we go 9 deep in big games, with Hall sliding down to play guard at times others need a break)

We are legit 10 deep right now

Unit 1 -

Mikey Williams - Former Memphis 5 Star
Darius Johnson - 15 PPG last year for us
Jaylin Sellers - 15 PPG last year for us
Keyshawn Hall - 17 and 8 for George Mason last year
Moustapha Thiam - Incoming 5 Star

Unit 2 -

Jordan Ivy-Curry - 17 and 5 for UTSA last year
Dallan Coleman - Bigger guard, 35% career 3-pt shooter
JJ Taylor - Former Memphis 4 Star
Benny Williams - Long Syracuse body - Will be good for when we go zone
Rokas Jocius - 6'10 260 and shot 38% from 3 last year

Plus guys like Tyler Hendricks, Nils Machowski that will both push Dallan Coleman for that 10th spot (I assume we go 9 deep in big games, with Hall sliding down to play guard at times others need a break)
Huge news, obviously pretty exciting. But I’m actually going to take (probably) the unpopular opinion here. I think Rokas will start - at least at the beginning of the year.

I’ve been in the gym and seen Thiam a couple of times. He’s pretty raw, and he still has a ways to go with his body. Remember, he’s reclassifying and making a jump in competition here. Might actually be best for him to come off the bench. We shall see…

Huge news, obviously pretty exciting. But I’m actually going to take (probably) the unpopular opinion here. I think Rokas will start - at least at the beginning of the year.

I’ve been in the gym and seen Thiam a couple of times. He’s pretty raw, and he still has a ways to go with his body. Remember, he’s reclassifying and making a jump in competition here. Might actually be best for him to come off the bench. We shall see…
I agree 100% he should get a few starts vs lesser competition though to see where he is at. Like vs fcs teams that we should easily win against to boost morale imo

Moustapha is really thin. I hope he can compete against the bigs in the BIG 12 :cool:
It'll be a challenge for him at first because it'll be men vs the boy. So, getting him stronger will be one of the coach's top priorities. Comparing him to Taco when he first arrived, on O Moustapha's much more athletic, can run the floor and immediately contribute some scoring (down low). On D, he's not as tall as Taco but he is long and can become a decent shot blocker and rebounder. Should be fun to watch him grow.

We just got Elijah Hulsewe, 7' 260 backup C from Bethune Cookman

Looks like we have our 1st and 2nd groups now

Mikey/Ivy-Curry
DJ/Coleman
Sellers/JJ Taylor
Hall/Benny
Rokas/Hulsewe
Well summer workouts have started and Hulsewe isn't on the roster. Is he a late arrival, did he change his mind or is he just not needed because we added Thiam? Anyone know? I figure we could always use another big man who has played some competitive college minutes. Especially with Thiam needing to learn the college game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT