ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan governor is a dumbcrap

Leave it to 85 to bash the current Governor for defending the law of the land. Funny thing, where was 85's righteous anger when the former Governor was f*king poisoning the people of Flint?

In all of the attempted Whataboustism's on this board, this perhaps takes the cake.

I can't wait to hear more about these "life sustaining" abortions.

Maybe she should stop doing softball CNN interviews and lobbying for that VP pick and try actually running her State in a way that isn't asinine and unconstitutional.

Democrat Mike Duggan, Mayor of Detroit, called his state’s system for reporting COVID-19 “not reliable,” as hospital officials also blame the state government for an inefficient system that ultimately leads to longer wait times.

Michigan State Rep. Karen Whitsett, a Democrat representing Detroit, alleged that Gov. Whitmer was giving federal officials incorrect information on the COVID-19 situation in Detroit, and told a Michigan news outlet that Gov. Whitmer was not doing enough:

“There is no need for me to have a conversation with someone who is not doing anything. I mean, if you are going to do something, then I want to have a conversation with you. If you are not going to do anything, I don’t have time to have a conversation with you. I have people dying in my city. I don’t have time to waste,” Rep. Whitsett said.

Mayor of Warren, Michigan, Jim Fouts, criticized a provision in Gov. Whitmer’s order that bans Michigan residents from utilizing commercial lawn service:

“I’m not going to support giving any citation. We have a large number of senior citizens, and many of them have special needs. They don’t own lawnmowers; they rely on commercial services,” he told Detroit News.

Democrats in Michigan are coming out to call her bullshit and Shookster is here to insist that the former Governor intentionally poisoned water and create the Whataboutism of 2020.

So the Governor deliberately poisoned the water as Shookster said?
Damn straight. For six months, the Governor knew the people of Flint were being poisoned by the city's public water supply and yet acted like everything was fine. For the man responsible for the welfare and safety of Michigan residents, such behavior is despicable -- and should have been criminal.

But my bad. You guys should go back to telling us how horrible the current Governor is for attempting to ban an experimental drug. :rolleyes:

Damn straight. For six months, the Governor knew the people of Flint were being poisoned by the city's public water supply and yet acted like everything was fine. For the man responsible for the welfare and safety of Michigan residents, such behavior is despicable -- and should have been criminal.

But my bad. You guys should go back to telling us how horrible the current Governor is for attempting to ban an experimental drug. :rolleyes:
Who was the president when that happened? Just curious because when I was working with the EPA on my deal, the lady I was speaking with said the EPA dropped the ball on that one. Pretty sure the mayor of flint also deserves some of the blame.

Whitmers executive order:

You can go out on a boat with no motor, but not on one with a motor.

Reactions: AAC6800
Pretty sure the mayor of flint also deserves some of the blame.
The figure-head mayor? When it came to this decision, Flint's state-appointed 'emergency manager' had control of the city's day-to-day operations and the head of Flint's Public Works department made it clear the ultimate decision came down from the Governor's Office.
Who was the president when that happened?
Obama should have done more to step in and avert this disaster once it surfaced. But the only reason you bring him and the Mayor up is to attempt to 'spread the blame around' when all the investigative reports conducted in the aftermath of the crisis made it crystal clear that this was a Governor Snyder F*kup on a monumental scale.

The figure-head mayor? When it came to this decision, Flint's state-appointed 'emergency manager' had control of the city's day-to-day operations and the head of Flint's Public Works department made it clear the ultimate decision came down from the Governor's Office.
Obama should have done more to step in and avert this disaster once it surfaced. But the only reason you bring him and the Mayor up is to attempt to 'spread the blame around' when all the investigative reports conducted in the aftermath of the crisis made it crystal clear that this was a Governor Snyder F*kup on a monumental scale.
Who is responsible for doing test samples on water supplies and send that information to the EPA? Not the state, its the municipality. Who's responsible for analyzing that data and investigating it? The EPA, not the state.

Keep up your whataboutism on this, its just making you look like an ass.

He caused the problem.

Um wrong. The lunatic directly asserted that the Governor "poisoned" the water, implying that he deliberately did it himself.

Leave it to 85 to bash the current Governor for defending the law of the land. Funny thing, where was 85's righteous anger when the former Governor was f*king poisoning the people of Flint?

Reactions: Ucfmikes
You guys sounds like spoiled teenagers. Michigan lady governor says you're grounded for 2 more weeks.

Not grounded. You can still go out on the lake in your canoe, just not on your bass-baby.

Plant that flower and you go to jail. Unless you're killing an unborn child while planting that flower, then we must step in to assist.

Reactions: UCFBS
Plant that flower and you go to jail. Unless you're killing an unborn child while planting that flower, then we must step in to assist.
That sounds like total hyperbole but its true. A woman in Michigan can go get an abortion with no problem, but if she leaves there and goes to Walmart to buy tomato seeds for her garden she can be fined.

But rick snyder.........

Reactions: UCFBS
I don't know if some, select Democratic governors are trying to add to the economical destruction and death of people ... but they sure are not helping.

Keeping doctors from hydroxychloroquine was really a stupid move. It was bad enough -- but not unexpected -- the US FDA was one of the last, western nations to take it off-label for SARS-CoV2, but the level of total ignorance that it is also, only 'palliative' care for malaria, lymes, et al. (yes, you were lied to by the US Media, it does not cure those either -- with the same side-effects).

Democratic rep Karen Whitsett has no love for her governor right now. If she didn't have Lymes Disease, she would have died as she would have been denied hydroxychloroquine (at that time in Michigan).

I don't know if some, select Democratic governors are trying to add to the economical destruction and death of people ... but they sure are not helping.

Keeping doctors from hydroxychloroquine was really a stupid move. It was bad enough -- but not unexpected -- the US FDA was one of the last, western nations to take it off-label for SARS-CoV2, but the level of total ignorance that it is also, only 'palliative' care for malaria, lymes, et al. (yes, you were lied to by the US Media, it does not cure those either -- with the same side-effects).

Democratic rep Karen Whitsett has no love for her governor right now. If she didn't have Lymes Disease, she would have died as she would have been denied hydroxychloroquine (at that time in Michigan).
Glad to see you back around these parts @UCFBS. Was starting to worry something happened to you.

Reactions: Ucfmikes and UCFBS
Glad to see you back around these parts @UCFBS. Was starting to worry something happened to you.
I'm in the middle of nowhere Alabama, with 6-9 months of food, water, supplies and a good 1,500 rounds of ammunition. I'm far better off than most.

But thank you, genuinely, for caring. I'm more worried not only for most others, but how bad the economy is going to be. It wouldn't surprise me if we wreck our economy, and then 2 years down-the-road, we figure out it didn't save that many lives. We're only at 30K, either it's looking like it'll be more 60-75K this year, but it may still continue for years to come.

I.e., everyone ended up having to 'be exposed' any way, and all we did was wreck our economy. At the same time, the deaths over 2 ended up being little worse than deaths in our 2 worst years of flu in the past decade.

That would really make me SMH. As always, we'll see ...

Um wrong. The lunatic directly asserted that the Governor "poisoned" the water, implying that he deliberately did it himself.
First, Governor Snyder 'saved' the state a bunch of money by taking Flint off Detroit's water supply. Next, after he was informed by his health experts that Flint's new water supply was dirty, he covered it up and continued for six months to claim the water was fine when it was poisoning Flint's citizens with unhealthy amounts of lead.

So, YES Governor Snyder was guilty of deliberately poisoning the residents of Flint But please continue to express righteous anger over restrictions on...gasp!...planting flowers!!!! :)

As Governor Whitmer pointed out, yesterday's 'protest' over the stay-at-home order will likely result in Michigan's stay-at-home orders being EXTENDED for crying out loud! In the immortal words of Forrest Gump: "Stupid is as stupid does."

First, Governor Snyder 'saved' the state a bunch of money by taking Flint off Detroit's water supply. Next, after he was informed by his health experts that Flint's new water supply was dirty, he covered it up and continued for six months to claim the water was fine when it was poisoning Flint's citizens with unhealthy amounts of lead.

So, YES Governor Snyder was guilty of deliberately poisoning the residents of Flint But please continue to express righteous anger over restrictions on...gasp!...planting flowers!!!! :)

As Governor Whitmer pointed out, yesterday's 'protest' over the stay-at-home order will likely result in Michigan's stay-at-home orders being EXTENDED for crying out loud! In the immortal words of Forrest Gump: "Stupid is as stupid does."
How did it save the state money? If you're going to make claims you need to back then up.

How did it save the state money? If you're going to make claims you need to back then up.
I don't know how a few hundred people means it affects 10M people.
This is Progressive logic at its finest!

It's already in-the-wild ... idiots!

When this "liberate" movement to reopen states early fails spectacularly in 3 weeks I want everyone to remember who caused it. This is on Trump.

Minnesota just had a big in person rally to fight against stay at home orders. Trump is calling for liberation on Twitter, immediately abandoning his plan for reopening the country.

Get ready for wave 2 as dumb **** hill billy republicans are never going to wear a mask.

How did it save the state money?
The original decision to move Flint off of the City of Detroit's water supply and to the Flint River was a cost-cutting measure aimed at saving over $5 million over a two year period.

Instead, the debacle has cost the State at least $45 million. So I guess Governor Snyder's effort to 'save' the State money didn't work out too well.

When this "liberate" movement to reopen states early fails spectacularly in 3 weeks I want everyone to remember who caused it. This is on Trump.

Minnesota just had a big in person rally to fight against stay at home orders. Trump is calling for liberation on Twitter, immediately abandoning his plan for reopening the country.

Get ready for wave 2 as dumb **** hill billy republicans are never going to wear a mask.

All the beta liberal states are leading the case numbers and it isn't close. Maybe hygiene is the issue? Maybe folks that can't use common sense without the government watching over them? Leadership issues with lazy governors?

When the plan was announced yesterday, I was impressed by the data-driven components of it. I told my wife I thought it was a decent, workable game plan --- IF Trump stuck to it.

But you're telling us he's already back on the Crazytown Train less than 24 hours later??!?! Good Grief!!!

All the beta liberal states are leading the case numbers and it isn't close. Maybe hygiene is the issue? Maybe folks that can't use common sense without the government watching over them? Leadership issues with lazy governors?
Look at these alphas giving themselves and their parents covid-19 to own the libs.
jea-0419-Trump-COVID-19-Rally.jpg

When the plan was announced yesterday, I was impressed by the data-driven components of it. I told my wife I thought it was a decent, workable game plan --- IF Trump stuck to it.

But you're telling us he's already back on the Crazytown Train less than 24 hours later??!?! Good Grief!!!
It's easy to scam the hurdles.

If you are testing 100k people a week and you say only people with a fever of 103 or higher get a test and then you go to testing 120k but you lower the fever requirement to 99 you're going to have fewer confirmed positives, fewer positive as a percentage of tests, and more tests.

If a governor really wanted to open the economy they could. It wouldn't be too difficult to make it happen if you were beholden to the corporations and not your people.

The plan actually contained logic

The plan actually contained logic
I was impressed with the data requirements that you had to work through as a State to 'open for business.' But it had never dawned on me until I read FC's post that a Governor might actually try to work the system for the right answers.

I would hope and pray that none of our State or Federal leaders would be stupid enough to play that game. But I've seen a lot of stupidity that I never dreamed I'd witness over the past 3 1/2 years so nothing would surprise me.

The original decision to move Flint off of the City of Detroit's water supply and to the Flint River was a cost-cutting measure aimed at saving over $5 million over a two year period.

Instead, the debacle has cost the State at least $45 million. So I guess Governor Snyder's effort to 'save' the State money didn't work out too well.
Totally expected that you left out the part of "who" made that decision. Just give up. Your ass is showing and it isnt pretty

Totally expected that you left out the part of "who" made that decision.
Damn, Crazy, you are THE PERFECT set-up man!!!

As I stated in an earlier post (if you had bothered to read it), it was the Governor's Office "who" made that decision.

If you're going to debate my knowledge of the subject, it would help if you had a clue what the hell you were talking about.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT