ADVERTISEMENT

MM Throwing Motion

Ace of Knights

Silver Knight
Sep 6, 2009
I like MM. I think he has a bright future as he gains some more experience and fixes some freshman mistakes. I think he will be even better when the offensive line improves and gains players better fitted to this scheme.

However, one thing I don't like is his throwing motion. The side arm sling/shotput thing he does throwing the ball is a huge reason why the ball sails on him and why he is inaccurate with a lot of his throws. I understood why Donovan McNabb criticized his throwing motion. It's ugly. However, I also understand you don't try and change this during the season. I really hope Verduzco and Frost attempt to fix this during the offseason.

I like MM. I think he has a bright future as he gains some more experience and fixes some freshman mistakes. I think he will be even better when the offensive line improves and gains players better fitted to this scheme.

However, one thing I don't like is his throwing motion. The side arm sling/shotput thing he does throwing the ball is a huge reason why the ball sails on him and why he is inaccurate with a lot of his throws. I understood why Donovan McNabb criticized his throwing motion. It's ugly. However, I also understand you don't try and change this during the season. I really hope Verduzco and Frost attempt to fix this during the offseason.
His footwork is the main reason that his passes are sailing high.

I did notice less backwards running today and more running upfield on the option for positive yardage. Propts to the coaching staff for finally taking the advice of this board and fixing that. :grimace:

His footwork is the main reason that his passes are sailing high.

I did notice less backwards running today and more running upfield on the option for positive yardage. Propts to the coaching staff for finally taking the advice of this board and fixing that. :grimace:

and he is a freshman...

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight_Light
His footwork is the main reason that his passes are sailing high. I did notice less backwards running today and more running upfield on the option for positive yardage. Propts to the coaching staff for finally taking the advice of this board and fixing that. :grimace:
Also noticed: his lack of getting sacked so often in recent games. He's not trying to be quite so creative when there's nothing there. He is learning to adapt to athleticism of defenders in the college game, too. Early on, a defender dove 3 yards to trip him up for a sack. The next time he tried that, Milton skip roped and got away.

He will learn so much more in the next 1-2 years...enhanced reads, techniques and anticipation based on experience and growth. What we see now is his "floor". His ceiling can be so much higher than this. I think we can agree that much of it also depends on coaching, weapons and protection.

Reactions: LemmyKilmister
Also noticed: his lack of getting sacked so often in recent games. He's not trying to be quite so creative when there's nothing there. He is learning to adapt to athleticism of defenders in the college game, too. Early on, a defender dove 3 yards to trip him up for a sack. The next time he tried that, Milton skip roped and got away.
Also, he's throwing the ball away a lot which takes great discipline. Better than a sack or a pick.

Reactions: LemmyKilmister
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT