ADVERTISEMENT

MUSIC THREAD: What're you listening to?

After Rob Halford left Judas priest in the early 90s, he was replaced by Ripper Owens. Band released 2 records that were maligned and trashed all over the place. Mostly, because because the music veered to close to death metal territory. A shame as both releases had some solid music:

Reactions: ElprofesorJuan
Just found out about this singer a couple of days. Proof that there's just way too much music out there to be able to listen to everything.

There was a thread in the Nebraska board about Christian rock. Most everyone posting mentioned that the message seemed to take precedence to the music/musicianship. Neal Morse was the leader of American prog veterans Spock's Beard until he became a Born Again Christian and dedicated his life to Christ. He later decided to spread The Word through prog music; he has had quite a successful career appealing both to the prog and Christian crowds.

I think this 2 songs show that you can be adventuresome in Christian rock; one is a bluesy heavy rocker, while the other brings to mind a mix of Genesis and The Beatles.

Please, let's not turn this fun music thread into a religious/non-religious battle. Let's just live and let live.......

• Love
Far from Cornells best, but this is the best track on that album.

Audioslave was a better fit for him

Soundgarden and Rage Against the Machine were my go to 90s bands (along with Collective Soul, System of a Down, and Stone Temple Pilots) and really wanted to like Audioslave but could never get into their music. There were songs here and there that I liked but couldn't fully embrace the band.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT