ADVERTISEMENT

Navy @ USF

Funny, because USF has about the worst defense in the conference and nobody stops Navy's offense.

Navy offense isn't built for big comebacks. Also last game I asked what coach of Navy had on his neck. Someone said he ALWAYS wears a lei. He isn't wearing it.

I still wouldn't be suprised if Navy doesn't make a run at a come back and rush for 300 yards. Question is, can they stop Mack and/or Flowers

USF really screwed up their D Coordinator hire after T. Allen left.

They have so much speed everywhere, definitely enough talent to have a 2013 UCF type year of 12-1 and an access bowl but they already blew that last week at Temple.

Reactions: Mikesi
USF really screwed up their D Coordinator hire after T. Allen left.

They have so much speed everywhere, definitely enough talent to have a 2013 UCF type year of 12-1 and an access bowl but they already blew that last week at Temple.
If we had a defense it's quite possible we're undefeated right now or only a loss to FSU. Our offense is GOOD, such a shame the defense consistently let's them down. We just didn't have the money to hire someone else. If we weren't paying Holtz still we would've gone outside hire for sure.

I still wouldn't be suprised if Navy doesn't make a run at a come back and rush for 300 yards. Question is, can they stop Mack and/or Flowers
Mikesi: You nailed it! USF had 412 yds rushing but gave up 317 yds rushing (plus 299 passing to run only team!). That's 20 yds per reception. Another great USF defensive effort win: 52-45. Had one of those on-side kicks been recovered, they might have lost.

Navy's Head Coach (most think is very bright) lost the game before it started...as he started Navy's D in a Nickel (took out LB for extra DB), which is not how you stop the run...and before you know it, it was 28-0 before they thought about playing the cows straight up...which they actually ended up getting some stops when they went with a base D.

We know how to stop the run so I feel good about this game.

UCF D does pretty well against a pro style rushing attack (ala Temple), but struggles vs good running QB's (i.e. both over time drives by Maryland from 2 different QB's).

Flowers is easily the most dangerous rushing QB UCF will face this year so its hard to compare some past games to what might happen in that game.

Reactions: UCFProf
Navy's Head Coach (most think is very bright) lost the game before it started...as he started Navy's D in a Nickel (took out LB for extra DB), which is not how you stop the run...and before you know it, it was 28-0 before they thought about playing the cows straight up...which they actually ended up getting some stops when they went with a base D.
This. ^^^^^^^^ That was really ridiculous what Navy was doing against the run in the first half. They outcoached themselves and the cows ran wild. 10-12 yard per carry average for most of the game. Game over after 1 quarter really.

UCF D does pretty well against a pro style rushing attack (ala Temple), but struggles vs good running QB's (i.e. both over time drives by Maryland from 2 different QB's).

Flowers is easily the most dangerous rushing QB UCF will face this year so its hard to compare some past games to what might happen in that game.
If we are healthy on the defensive line and don't get tired, because of offensive ineptitude, this can potentially be one of the best UCF defenses against the run and running QBs. Mainly because we have a lot of speed and athleticism as LB

The second half was ugly. Not sure if our D was on cruise control or back in their old crappy ways but we let them get too close.

We did have our backup QB in the last 2-3 drives, didn't try to do anything but run out the clock.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT