ADVERTISEMENT

New 1-1 Football Series With....

it's not always UCF Against the World. When we are getting to the point that you can't find anyone not with a link to UCF's Program agreeing with you then we might be in a bubble. In a sport where networking is key for scheduling and conference realignment that could end badly. UCF already has a bad history in that department(conference realignment)

Danny White was voted FBS AD of the year...by a committee composed mostly of other FBS ADs. I don't think he is pissing people off as much as some think.

Those of you complaining about the FCS game...that game is for financial reasons. Scheduling a team home only, without any away games at their stadium, is the ONLY way to get seven home games (and the extra $2 million in profit it provides) every other year.

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
then hopefully Power 5 scheduling news is coming. The first wave a month or two ago brought crickets, now FIU, so let's see what's next

There are already several strong reasons for P5 teams to not want to schedule a H&H with UCF...
- Reduces their ability to schedule seven (in some cases even eight) home games per year
- Makes them look bad if they lose (and they now realize there is a large probability that they will lose)
- Overall reluctance among P5 schools to do anything that improves the perception of UCF or the AAC

For now, the current scheduling philosophy is not hurting us. The first year that we have an open P5 spot to fill is 2021 (one spot). After that, not until 2023 when we need to fill 2 P5 slots.

:clap:
This is what I am referring to on it being a long term problem if a League change is not in the works. I have seen some fans post that UCF should only schedule G5 schools OOC bc they are mad at the backlash? wtf? Do you wanna be North Dakota State or compete at the highest level?
Havent seen that. I think the reasonable spectrum of the discussion is between doing 2 for 1s or demanding 1 for 1.

I think fans are mostly just whiny because they're losing scheduling arguments on social media with USF fans. Whaaaa! Lol. This isn't a real issue. As soon as we announce an OOC P6 match up for 2021 this entire conversation will go away. Which will go to show it only mattered to people because USF got some positive press. Fans are soft.

Those of you complaining about the FCS game...that game is for financial reasons. Scheduling a team home only, without any away games at their stadium, is the ONLY way to get seven home games (and the extra $2 million in profit it provides) every other year.
2 mil is what we make for an average home game. FCS is not that. It garners less interest and the payout does not let us get the 2 mil.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
2 mil is what we make for an average home game. FCS is not that. It garners less interest and the payout does not let us get the 2 mil.
With sold out season tickets wouldn’t we be close? UCF can’t make a lot of money from game day parking sales so no loss there. And these games are hot so people have to drink quite a bit

Wrong. Especially now that almost every non-student seat in the stadium is sold as a season ticket, it means that gameday revenue is not going to fluctuate as much.

Also, the guarantee that we pay to an FCS team is lower than what we would have to pay to a G5 team.

Let’s not overcomplicate this

Scheduling an FCS team never requires an away game. It’s a tune up game and gives us a possible 7th home game

The problem is an FCS team + FIU when your
other 2 games (probably ACC/P5) are mediocre and 1 may be away. Hell.., the 3rd game could be a G5 as well

Schedule UF and Alabama and I’ll be good with FCS and FIU.

*Disclaimer: I have the right to delete all my posts in this thread if UCF receives a Power 5 League Invite within 12 months*
I don’t think a P5 invite will be decided by our schedule

However, if we want to keep winning and filling seats by keeping our schedule good, but not too tough, that might be as good of a strategy as any for a P5 invite.

Reactions: Square Knight
I don’t think a P5 invite will be decided by our schedule

However, if we want to keep winning and filling seats by keeping our schedule good, but not too tough, that might be as good of a strategy as any for a P5 invite.
That is not what I meant by that post

That hypothetical would explain the slow scheduling news. UCF scheduling as an ACC Coastal member with division games against Miami every season would feel different than doing it as a long term member of the AAC. There is obviously no evidence of that happening anytime soon.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
I don't think so either. However, if the team doesn't go to an NY6 Bowl, football gets a whole lot more boring with no match ups to look forward to. Playing FIU for the 7th, 8th in 10 years just isn't fun. It's basically another FCS game in terms of excitement.
I’m not the biggest fan of these 1 for 1s with FAU and FIU either. However, from a business standpoint it’s a good deal. Remember, on the flip side FAU and FIU have no incentive to a schedule a 2 for 1 with us either. Games currently that they are predicted to lose. And so what if we lose to one then every no and then. We have done enough to set ourselves apart from them. People will call it major upset. We get the benefit of winnable game, close to home, UCF fans in South Florida get a home game, Miami recruits like seeing UCF down there and our South players like playing games down there.

I just hope that Danny White has some big announcements coming soon in regards to scheduling. I’m going to trust DW until he gives me reason no to.

Reactions: ahabmw
I think the cat is out of the bag

It was pretty much confirmed today that we HAD TO SETTLE for FIU in 2020 and we can’t get teams to play us

I think the cat is out of the bag

It was pretty much confirmed today that we HAD TO SETTLE for FIU in 2020 and we can’t get teams to play us
That was the way it was stated but considering that this is consistent with our history of scheduling FIU, my feeling is that was just a way to get past the question. It satisfied our critics and didn't open the door to other questions. Just my thought. Of course it could be true.

That was the way it was stated but considering that this is consistent with our history of scheduling FIU, my feeling is that was just a way to get past the question. It satisfied our critics and didn't open the door to other questions. Just my thought. Of course it could be true.
Well, maybe FIU can kill it this season and then it will be a quality G5 game, but damn that small stadium. It’s like high school

Well, maybe FIU can kill it this season and then it will be a quality G5 game, but damn that small stadium. It’s like high school
Haha we can hope. According to Bill Connelly's numbers FIU will be at the top of CUSA...but the conference is really top heavy so they all might just eat each other.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
I can’t believe I just read that Miami is going to FIU on 11/23 this year.

So.., is it more embarrassing that I’m making fun of their stadium and the “U” is going there
or FIU can get Miami to play in a high school stadium and we can’t get them in our 45,000 seat stadium that hosted Gameday?

I can’t believe I just read that Miami is going to FIU on 11/23 this year.

So.., is it more embarrassing that I’m making fun of their stadium and the “U” is going there
or FIU can get Miami to play in a high school stadium and we can’t get them in our 45,000 seat stadium that hosted Gameday?

Or maybe they'd rather have a check mark behind the "W" column instead of the "L".

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT