ADVERTISEMENT

New OC

We didnt utilize TE’s enough this year which is something frost did a great job at. I like the hire because it shows Heupel going out and working on a perceived weakness
I guess he didn't see the TEs as being usable. Or maybe DG wasn't ready to use them? Heup used Colubiale all the time. It seemed like Colubiale was a safety valve if a drive ever got in trouble. He ended up with 20+ receptions and 270+ yards at the end of 2018. Interesting that Heup didnt use the TE position in the pass game much at Mizzou but he definitely used Coubs and now he's hired a TE coach for OC. I agree with everyone saying it would be great to get back to passing to TEs.

He is a coach from the Midwest without Florida ties. My understanding is that he has not been an Offensive Coordinator before. I am fine with him being hired as a TE coach but appears to be a down-grade from Coach L.
Coach L was probably only OC in administrative roles. He was QB coach in 2018 and Heup probably gave him the OC title and admin duties to continue his professional development. Seems like the new guy is capable of doing the same stuff. Something I've been wondering is if he will also take over the role of QB coach too. Might be a way Heup can afford to give his coaches a raise.

Coach L was probably only OC in administrative roles. He was QB coach in 2018 and Heup probably gave him the OC title and admin duties to continue his professional development. Seems like the new guy is capable of doing the same stuff. Something I've been wondering is if he will also take over the role of QB coach too. Might be a way Heup can afford to give his coaches a raise.
the only USF coaching hire that I would have liked to give a chance is Pat White. they're hiring him to the be RB coach, but he did an excellent job as QB coach at Alcorn St. and he will be one to watch.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
He is a coach from the Midwest without Florida ties. My understanding is that he has not been an Offensive Coordinator before. I am fine with him being hired as a TE coach but appears to be a down-grade from Coach L.
Lebby was a plains State/Texas guy without Florida ties and he had Baylor baggage

The new hire looks good on paper but for whatever reason UCF has never put together over half a staff w strong FL ties no matter who the Coach is(Huep,
Frost, GOL).

Lebby was a plains State/Texas guy without Florida ties and he had Baylor baggage

The new hire looks good on paper but for whatever reason UCF has never put together over half a staff w strong FL ties no matter who the Coach is(Huep,
Frost, GOL).
Maybe because our coaches themselves don’t have Florida ties. What Florida based coach do you think is a better fit and also available? Perhaps there are none available

Frost, GOL).

Danny White knew this yet he hired a HC who was an asst at Oregon and then did the same thing with an Asst from Mizzou.

Good people hopefully hire other good people. Just look at all the Miami failures from those with "Florida" ties (even coached at the U prior to becoming a HC there).

Hire the best person (and team) possible...regardless where they come from.

Maybe because our coaches themselves don’t have Florida ties. What Florida based coach do you think is a better fit and also available? Perhaps there are none available
More of an observation than a complaint

but the hypothetical would be fun to see one day

Reactions: Yaes and PhDee
Has there been any confirmation of this? I would think they would want to announce ASAP to start recruiting asap

Danny White knew this yet he hired a HC who was an asst at Oregon and then did the same thing with an Asst from Mizzou.

Good people hopefully hire other good people. Just look at all the Miami failures from those with "Florida" ties (even coached at the U prior to becoming a HC there).

Hire the best person (and team) possible...regardless where they come from.

That is exactly why our recruting is not improving. Yes, recruting is actually declining under any and all metrics. Willie is hiring a staff that will be able to recruit Florida very well.

Jeff Scott is also getting coaches that will clean up in the state. We get a guy from Iowa State. I am sure that we will have a line of QB recruits ready to commit to him? Wake up Knights.

The last thing we need is for USF to get the upper hand again.

Reactions: Yaes
That is exactly why our recruting is not improving. Yes, recruting is actually declining under any and all metrics. Willie is hiring a staff that will be able to recruit Florida very well.

Jeff Scott is also getting coaches that will clean up in the state. We get a guy from Iowa State. I am sure that we will have a line of QB recruits ready to commit to him? Wake up Knights.

LOL!! cow u fan that gives it away from his majority pro cow u posts...including capitalizing cow u.

DW and Heupel kind of know what they are doing...I'll glady take 22-4 vs whatever cow u will ever do....as their program has never won a divisional title...conf title...or made a NYD6 bowl, let alone win one.

Knights have been awake...winning conf titles, bowl games and NYD6 Bowls...something cows can only dream of.

LOL!! cow u fan that gives it away from his majority pro cow u posts...including capitalizing cow u.

DW and Heupel kind of know what they are doing...I'll glady take 22-4 vs whatever cow u will ever do....as their program has never won a divisional title...conf title...or made a NYD6 bowl, let alone win one.

Knights have been awake...winning conf titles, bowl games and NYD6 Bowls...something cows can only dream of.
Yep. Long since determined that was the case when he was gushing over a cow u 4 star (who was actually a 3) that since decomitted.

Any and all metrics? 247 average recruit ranking shows UCF has had 3 of its 4 most successful classes under Heupel.

Reactions: Knight_Light
People need to watch out for FAU. They are putting together the pieces to win consistency and they are in a much weaker conference than we are.
What difference does it make what FAU does? They have an App State ceiling. Could potentially get a NY6 if the AAC champ and MWC champ have multiple losses.

I am a UCF fan and a UCF fan only. I made valid points and you went off on a tangent. I am not going to follow along with what Heup does just because you do it. Who are the recruiters in our staff?

I am a UCF fan and a UCF fan only. I made valid points and you went off on a tangent. I am not going to follow along with what Heup does just because you do it. Who are the recruiters in our staff?

Yet in other posts you admitted you were a diehard Cane Fan from S. Florida...father of now a former UCF player. Oh wait...or was that from your twitter or fb posts? (Hard to keep track).

Your disdain for UCF is soooo open and easy to see...all because your son signed with UCF instead of Miami...and then other UCF DB's ended up having higher game grades from NFL Scouting system.

Sorry you son decided to not play in the bowl game but we wish him in all his future endeavors.

Reactions: Shark19 and JAFFX2
Yep. Long since determined that was the case when he was gushing over a cow u 4 star (who was actually a 3) that since decomitted.

He is basically an "anybody but UCF" fan. Its hilarious he tries to pretend he is a fan of UCF...and even when his son played, as a Cane fan, he despised our success.

Reactions: Shark19
The best FAU coach is now OC at USF. Charlie Weis Jr has been running the offense and calling the plays for Kiffin the last two years. He's 26.

The best FAU coach is now OC at USF. Charlie Weis Jr has been running the offense and calling the plays for Kiffin the last two years. He's 26.

He is more qualified that the guy Heup picked up from Iowa State. I will let you gentlemen keep playing among yourselves. Please go around in circles about how great everything is under Heupel.

Why don't we leave it at this: USF made a good hire. He is an unknown, but is in the same vein as hiring a Heup. At this point in time we don't know where it will go, but it has nowhere to go but up.

People need to watch out for FAU. They are putting together the pieces to win consistency and they are in a much weaker conference than we are.
been saying this for a while . They got the ingredients to be a good Program. FSU 247 Mod is even giving props to WT on his staff hires. As UCF Fans know better than anyone, things can change fast in this State.

Why don't we leave it at this: USF made a good hire. He is an unknown, but is in the same vein as hiring a Heup. At this point in time we don't know where it will go, but it has nowhere to go but up.
How about we leave it at this instead: USF made a good hire, but they still suck :)

been saying this for a while . They got the ingredients to be a good Program. FSU 247 Mod is even giving props to WT on his staff hires. As UCF Fans know better than anyone, things can change fast in this State.
The good news is their fan support is abysmal.

Yes, but he also won C-USA and curb stomped SMU. We need to look at these hires rationally to know what the future holds.
CUSA is worse than the sun belt. Half the teams weren’t playing FBS football a decade ago. If cow fans were bitching about us bragging about CUSA championships before all the good teams bolted for the AAC, this is much much worse. UCF wouldn’t have a loss in that conference over the past 3 years.

We hired a TE coach to play OC. I was expecting better. I was expecting for our coaching staff to be improved.
I thought you were out. Who did you want that was better for a co-OC “title” that doesn’t call plays? A coach from FAU? The OC title allows for a pay increase so we could lure him away from the Big 12.

by Iowa State fans reaction this is an awesome hire for UCF so forgive me for discounting a cow fans opinion.

Reactions: Knight_Light
I thought you were out. Who did you want that was better for a co-OC “title” that doesn’t call plays? A coach from FAU? The OC title allows for a pay increase so we could lure him away from the Big 12.

by Iowa State fans reaction this is an awesome hire for UCF so forgive me for discounting a cow fans opinion.

And on top of all of that we needed a TE coach and one that appears to be a decent upgrade at that!

We wanted Brock Purdy. Who beat us for him?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT