ADVERTISEMENT

Next years RT

CapHillKnight

Two-Star Recruit
Nov 9, 2009
I was looking over the game notes and saw that our 2 deep RTs are r-Seniors. And, these are really experienced guys. I believe that's DG's blindside. Do we have someone to fill that position next year?

Reactions: Endeavor.
No. We play without a RT next season and see how it works out. We play with an extra WR instead.
Maybe McRae or OJ could beef up?

seriously though, I think OL positions can be fluid so we would have someone roll over there from the other side if we have to.

00.jpg

One of these MF'ers should be able to do the MFing job.

Reactions: ReturnOf
seriously though, I think OL positions can be fluid so we would have someone roll over there from the other side if we have to.
A lot of OL don't like playing multiple roles, even in the NFL Ive seen some of the best LT's say they hate playing LG. You definitely need someone comfortable at the position.

And at the tackle position you have to be quick enough to compete with the best edge rushers, its a different skillset that can be exploited if you don't have the right guy.

A lot of OL don't like playing multiple roles, even in the NFL Ive seen some of the best LT's say they hate playing LG. You definitely need someone comfortable at the position.

And at the tackle position you have to be quick enough to compete with the best edge rushers, its a different skillset that can be exploited if you don't have the right guy.
For sure, it’s very different. I was actually thinking more about the underclassmen LT’s we have moving to RT, though, which looks to be @Stormthecourt? ’s mindset too.

Gray or Sam Jackson

For sure, it’s very different. I was actually thinking more about the underclassmen LT’s we have moving to RT, though, which looks to be @Stormthecourt? ’s mindset too.

As far as going from LT to RT Ive seen it be described as trying to wipe with your off hand vs your dominant hand.

Its awkward and would take a lot of practice to get used to.
But they are underclassmen so they have enough time to learn.

Would you rather have a underclassman try to switch positions or have an incoming freshman who's used to playing the position?

As far as going from LT to RT Ive seen it be described as trying to wipe with your off hand vs your dominant hand.

Would you rather have a underclassman try to switch positions or have an incoming freshman who's used to playing the position?
In 6 months time I can learn to use my left hand if it means I start instead of be backup. Plus it helps resume for NFL.

I’d rather not have to make that choice because there is depth in the wings.

But, between those two, I’d lean towards having someone switch over just because of size. But if there’s a big FR who can swing it, I’m good with that too.

Bottom line, this can’t be a new question to the coaches, I’m sure they have a plan.

Reactions: Endeavor.
I’d rather not have to make that choice because there is depth in the wings.

But, between those two, I’d lean towards having someone switch over just because of size. But if there’s a big FR who can swing it, I’m good with that too.

Bottom line, this can’t be a new question to the coaches, I’m sure they have a plan.
transfer-portal.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT