ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Draft Chatter

Yes. People were there. Go watch the video.

He wanted to be there. That's it. Period. Your preference. My preference. Anyon'e preference means nothing. It's not even worth discussing anymore. Shaquem wanted to be there. He wanted to be there. He was there. He and his family embraced and enjoyed the moment. That's it.

I cannot for the life of me understand why any of you care that he was there and didn't go on night 1 or 2. Why do you care? It's not your life. It's his. His dream came true and he enjoyed it.

Actually he wasn't there, he was back in his hotel room with his family and friends. That video is about an hour after he was drafted and arrived back at AT&T stadium..........

Reactions: Mikesi
I bet if he had it to do over again, he wouldn’t have wasted 2 days there. It didn’t look like he was enjoying himself during that time. Painful and awkward at best. He said that he was stressed out and feeling ill. It stressed him out. Why does anybody care? Only because a lot of these networks are only out for themselves.

So the word is his 40 time was wrong? He ran a 4.5?

Some wanna be ass wipe on MSN made that claim which sounds like complete and total bullshit. Allegedly that is why he fell to day 3 when in fact all the talking heads said he went exactly where a very good but undersized LB would have typically been drafted at #146.

So this douchy guy got the drop on everyone else that the NFLs state of the art, laser activated, automated timer didn't properly work for one player at the combine and it happened to be SG????? Give me a f*cking break!!!!!!

Odd that it came out now, I don't believe that rumor had a significant impact on where he was drafted. I would also imagine there is enough video out there to determine whether the time is accurate or not.

Actually he wasn't there, he was back in his hotel room with his family and friends. That video is about an hour after he was drafted and arrived back at AT&T stadium..........

At the moment he wasn't but he DID get to walk across the stage with his family. People are getting so weird about the specifics with this. Who cares if it was at the exact second or an hour later? He got to hear his name called, walk across the stage, put on the hat, hear the cheering of the crowd and experience it all with his brother and family.

Reactions: Nyght Shadow
I bet if he had it to do over again, he wouldn’t have wasted 2 days there. It didn’t look like he was enjoying himself during that time. Painful and awkward at best. He said that he was stressed out and feeling ill. It stressed him out. Why does anybody care? Only because a lot of these networks are only out for themselves.

Yes, he would have. YOU wouldn't and you're trying to project that on him. It was never even close to being a done deal that he would go on night 1 or 2. Not even close. He knew what how it may play out. You are literally part of the like 1% that thought ANYTHING about this was awkward. EVERY kid with the hope of getting drafted is stressed out, especially the kid that was never supposed to be there in the first place. You know who was also stressed out? The kid sitting at home that got drafted halfway through the 7th round who was wondering if it was gonna happen for him.

"Yeah, I'd rather not get that experience of walking across the stage with my family and brother and all the POSITIVE attention and coverage that came with just being there. Being stressed out for a few hours there wasn't worth it when I could have been EQUALLY as stressed out sitting out home."

Painful and awkward for you because you decided the minute he accepted the invite that it would be painful and awkward. It was high drama, filled with emotion that had a storybook ending.

Yes, he would have. YOU wouldn't and you're trying to project that on him. It was never even close to being a done deal that he would go on night 1 or 2. Not even close. He knew what how it may play out. You are literally part of the like 1% that thought ANYTHING about this was awkward. EVERY kid with the hope of getting drafted is stressed out, especially the kid that was never supposed to be there in the first place. You know who was also stressed out? The kid sitting at home that got drafted halfway through the 7th round who was wondering if it was gonna happen for him.

"Yeah, I'd rather not get that experience of walking across the stage with my family and brother and all the POSITIVE attention and coverage that came with just being there. Being stressed out for a few hours there wasn't worth it when I could have been EQUALLY as stressed out sitting out home."

Painful and awkward for you because you decided the minute he accepted the invite that it would be painful and awkward. It was high drama, filled with emotion that had a storybook ending.
That’s your opinion. I have mine. Show me the “1%” survey that you conducted. So.. we have 3-4 opinions here at least. Show me the other 300-400 (99%).

The screenshots don’t lie.

You keep trying to force feed your opinions and views on people and MAKE them see things your way, however it’s all opinion based and none of it is factual. You just can’t accept that, so it’s clearly a “YOU” problem

Some wanna be ass wipe on MSN made that claim which sounds like complete and total bullshit. Allegedly that is why he fell to day 3 when in fact all the talking heads said he went exactly where a very good but undersized LB would have typically been drafted at #146.

So this douchy guy got the drop on everyone else that the NFLs state of the art, laser activated, automated timer didn't properly work for one player at the combine and it happened to be SG????? Give me a f*cking break!!!!!!
Odd that it came out now, I don't believe that rumor had a significant impact on where he was drafted. I would also imagine there is enough video out there to determine whether the time is accurate or not.
Absolutely agree. Totally B.S. The clocks are fully automated and they even superimposed his brother running against him from last year’s combine for fun. Additionally,
Pete Carrol’s staff clocked him as 1/100th of a second faster that his brother

They never invite players projected 3rd Round or later. He was invited bc of the positive press of his backstory but I don't he envisioned waiting for Day 3, he won't admit it publicly that if he knew that was the Round he was going he probably doesn't attend

They never invite players projected 3rd Round or later. He was invited bc of the positive press of his backstory but I don't he envisioned waiting for Day 3, he won't admit it publicly that if he knew that was the Round he was going he probably doesn't attend
If we change this story to a kid from Western Michigan we probably don’t care. Don’t watch day 3 and so on. It’s good for us. No one else cares. If he turns out to be a Pro Bowler it would be a movie.

If we change this story to a kid from Western Michigan we probably don’t care. Don’t watch day 3 and so on. It’s good for us. No one else cares. If he turns out to be a Pro Bowler it would be a movie.
Pro Bowler? The man won a National Championship and Defensive Player of the Year. The movie is already locked up

Watch the video of him walking across the stage with his brother. Don't try to say he shouldn't have gone. He got the recognition he was due and the NFL got the footage they will be replaying for years. This was the Shaquem Griffin draft. Not the Baker Mayfield draft. Not the QB draft. This was the Shaquem Griffin draft, so it made sense for him to be there.

I also was told by a friend of mine who knows some people in the league that a lot of teams did Shaq dirty. All smiles to his face, but then really harsh behind his back. Nasty stuff about a one handed guy having no business in the league. Take that for what its worth. I find it believeable.

Commentary:
NFL should be ashamed of how it handled Shaquem Griffin story

Did Shaquem Griffin, the one-handed wonder boy, and his twin brother, Shaquill, really need to be paraded around AT&T Stadium by the NFL as part of a carnival-like, dog-and-pony show to help improve their monotonous draft coverage?

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...-hays-nfl-shaquem-griffin-20180430-story.html

One man’s dog and pony show is another man’s chance to speak on behalf of all the people marginalized because of a PERCEIVED disability.

After everything he’s been through in life, people really think Shaquem Freakin’ Griffin gives a damn about how his story”plays” to cynical viewers on tv? His dog and pony show was so he could tell his story himself and send a message of inspiration to the people who need it, not the ones diminishing it.

Most of this board would do a better job drafting than 50% of the current NFL GMs
I can mention dozens and dozens of ridiculous picks made over the years by guys who have no business whatsoever choosing who to draft. Many don’t have any football experience or even a college education. Just lack of common sense and analytical ability.

When Al Davis picked WR Darrius Heyward-Bey from Maryland 7th solely based on his combined 40 time, he was laughed at.

28 catches in the last 4 years and 16 career touchdowns

Another was Tebow picked in the first round

Howabout Latavius Murray in the 6th or 7th
Why??? He ran a 4.4 at 230 lbs and was productive at UCF

Jamarcus Russell at #1??? Vince Young?

Why? Because they both had great last bowl games??

Riley Ferguson should have been drafted

I can mention dozens and dozens of ridiculous picks made over the years by guys who have no business whatsoever choosing who to draft. Many don’t have any football experience or even a college education. Just lack of common sense and analytical ability.

When Al Davis picked WR Darrius Heyward-Bey from Maryland 7th solely based on his combined 40 time, he was laughed at.

28 catches in the last 4 years and 16 career touchdowns

Another was Tebow picked in the first round

Howabout Latavius Murray in the 6th or 7th
Why??? He ran a 4.4 at 230 lbs and was productive at UCF

Jamarcus Russell at #1??? Vince Young?

Why? Because they both had great last bowl games??

Riley Ferguson should have been drafted
Al Davis and Jerry Jones made some bad picks. They both had too much power instead of making decision as a coaching staff collaboration. I heard Chucky overruled the GM on some picks because the owner gave him power to do it. He will run them into ground too.

Relevant and insightful about Shaq attending and waiting......

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT