ADVERTISEMENT

NHL Playoffs

Galahad has earned it. It'll still be a good series if Tampa can get more than 2 SOG out of the triplets. Also, the Blackhawks fans I know have been awesome and not douchey at all. But if you're going to say that People that have been Hawk fans longer than the Bolts have existed and have lived through some of the crappiest hockey ever played are bandwagon fans, then you need to look in the mirror when labeling someone a douche.
Earned you being a douche, I'm sure you earned that title long before these playoffs started.. As for the goalie interference nothing happened on the power play that changed anything.

That first goal shouldn't have been able to go in. There wasn't an opening and he shouldn't have shot it. But that is why you throw pucks at the net because sometimes little holes open up as the puck gets there. Bishop never saw that shot or two or three leading up to it. The defense was leaving him behind a forest of bodies with pucks coming at him blindly. Toughest spot for a goalie. You hear the shot coming and the general direction, you just hope it hits you.

The Lightning only had one or two breakaways the whole game and very few of their long pass breakouts. For being a young team, they didn't look too bad on their first trip to the finals. They will settle down likely and this should be a 6 or 7 game series.

Bishop played great, you can't put any of this on him. This was on the game plan, playing not to lose rarely works.

Chicago douches gonna douche.

Tampa (read: Cooper) really screwed the pooch in the 3rd. They seemed to think they could sit back and play defense for 20 entire minutes without pressing the matter. Absolutely stupid. They had so many chances in the 1st when they were pressing and skating. They could have easily had 3 goals in the 1st alone. Why they thought a 1 goal lead was more than enough is beyond me.

I felt like I was watching UCF try to milk a TD lead for the entire 4th quarter again.

Good news is that TB has bounced back all playoffs long. I'm pretty confident they'll win next game.

But if you're going to say that People that have been Hawk fans longer than the Bolts have existed and have lived through some of the crappiest hockey ever played are bandwagon fans, then you need to look in the mirror when labeling someone a douche.
Oh, look, another tired "my team has been around longer than your team" comeback. You're a UCF fan ffs; come up with some new material.

Reactions: 1ofTheseKnights
A lot of players have praised the Lightning organization and fanbase. It's not like the Rays problem where they have won and still have support issues & players speaking up about it

Thank God TB won tonight so we wouldn't have to hear about interference on Chicago's 3rd goal from our resident hockey expert.

Thank God TB won tonight so we wouldn't have to hear about interference on Chicago's 3rd goal from our resident hockey expert.
If I were to bet, I would say that the reason Bishop complained so much is that he strained a groin muscle on that play. Most common goalie injury in that scenario, but it was perfectly legal play nonetheless.

Actually, read gds's post. That probably is as good an explanation as needed. So two for my side. And then the unbiased refs didn't call it so three. Whatevs.

Actually, read gds's post. That probably is as good an explanation as needed. So two for my side. And then the unbiased refs didn't call it so three. Whatevs.
Go read the Tampabay times, watch the replay as well. It was a clear interference but TB didn't need the goal as they were the better team.

Good win for Tampa. They played a great game and controlled the puck well. Forced a lot of sloppiness out of Chicago. Crow played maybe his worst game of the playoffs.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...ntroversial-game-2-goal--video-014344868.html
From Yahoo Sports.com

As the rule book states:

If an attacking player initiates contact with a goalkeeper, incidental or otherwise, while the goalkeeper is in his goal crease, and a goal is scored, the goal will be disallowed.

This should have been disallowed. Bishop has every right to gripe. And the good news is, when the NHL finally passes a coach’s challenge this summer, goals like this will be properly reviewed and vetted.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...ntroversial-game-2-goal--video-014344868.html
From NBC Sports.com

As the rule book states:

If an attacking player initiates contact with a goalkeeper, incidental or otherwise, while the goalkeeper is in his goal crease, and a goal is scored, the goal will be disallowed.

This should have been disallowed. Bishop has every right to gripe. And the good news is, when the NHL finally passes a coach’s challenge this summer, goals like this will be properly reviewed and vetted.

uh huh

1) The contact needs to be made prior to the puck crossing the line. Didn't happen in this case.

2) The contact needs to be initiated from within the crease. The contact in this case was initiated in the red line that outlines the blue paint of the crease. That is not part of the crease.

3) The contact has to be deemed both intentional and not within any influence of a player from the defending team. He was locked up with a Lightning defender when his skate and stick impacted Bishop and also after the puck was already past.

I am a Lightning homer. I played goalie so I naturally defer to the goalie's side of everything. The fact is, it wasn't a penalty, plain and simple.

Finally, the rule I teach my son when it comes to penalties. If the ref called it, it was a penalty. If he didn't then it wasn't even if it was so keep playing. Both teams get calls in their favor and against them throughout the course of the game. You play through whatever conditions are provided to you and just win by overcoming those odds which is what the Lightning did.

1) The contact needs to be made prior to the puck crossing the line. Didn't happen in this case.

2) The contact needs to be initiated from within the crease. The contact in this case was initiated in the red line that outlines the blue paint of the crease. That is not part of the crease.

3) The contact has to be deemed both intentional and not within any influence of a player from the defending team. He was locked up with a Lightning defender when his skate and stick impacted Bishop and also after the puck was already past.

I am a Lightning homer. I played goalie so I naturally defer to the goalie's side of everything. The fact is, it wasn't a penalty, plain and simple.

Finally, the rule I teach my son when it comes to penalties. If the ref called it, it was a penalty. If he didn't then it wasn't even if it was so keep playing. Both teams get calls in their favor and against them throughout the course of the game. You play through whatever conditions are provided to you and just win by overcoming those odds which is what the Lightning did.
GDS, you are flat out wrong, the NHL post game, Yahoo, NBC sports and just about ever other media group that covered the game call it interference. As for the rules, watch the replay from above the net in slow motion that I posted and it clearly showed contact with Bishop's skate well before the puck got to him. It's so clear that even David Haugh, the Chicago Tribune Sports Writer wrote in his blog that it was clear interference.

GDS, you are flat out wrong, the NHL post game, Yahoo, NBC sports and just about ever other media group that covered the game call it interference. As for the rules, watch the replay from above the net in slow motion that I posted and it clearly showed contact with Bishop's skate well before the puck got to him. It's so clear that even David Haugh, the Chicago Tribune Sports Writer wrote in his blog that it was clear interference.
Sorry I will defer to my 25 years of playing and coaching hockey over a media stooge who gets paid for hits, likes, and something to talk about. If Patrick Roy Comes out and says it was interference I will reconsider but until then it was not interference.

You are welcome to disagree with your sound bite level of knowledge all you want.

Reactions: KnighttimeJoe
Sorry I will defer to my 25 years of playing and coaching hockey over a media stooge who gets paid for hits, likes, and something to talk about. If Patrick Roy Comes out and says it was interference I will reconsider but until then it was not interference.

You are welcome to disagree with your sound bite level of knowledge all you want.
Well you can add Sirius XM NHL channel as those who called it interference which makes it every media outlet that I have found. But hey, Bishop thought it was interference as well and guess what, he plays goalie as well and does it on a Stanley cup level so forgive if I take their experience over yours.

Well you can add Sirius XM NHL channel as those who called it interference which makes it every media outlet that I have found. But hey, Bishop thought it was interference as well and guess what, he plays goalie as well and does it on a Stanley cup level so forgive if I take their experience over yours.

Bishops job is to keep goals off of the board either before or after they are in the back of the net. He can do they with a great move or a convincing argument. Of course he wants it to be interference because if he can convince the refs he gets the goal scrubbed off of the board.

And finally you know who agrees with me? The professional referees who are deemed to be the best in the NHL. Also doc Emmerick who has seen more hockey games than most of us combined.

Bishops job is to keep goals off of the board either before or after they are in the back of the net. He can do they with a great move or a convincing argument. Of course he wants it to be interference because if he can convince the refs he gets the goal scrubbed off of the board.

And finally you know who agrees with me? The professional referees who are deemed to be the best in the NHL. Also doc Emmerick who has seen more hockey games than most of us combined.

DOC ISN'T A REAL DOC!!!!! WTF DOES HE KNOW?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?***************

Jesus who gives a shit?

Tampa wins baby!!!!!!

Just hope to God that Bishop is ok and can return next game. Looks like his shoulder got dinged on a play that should have been called interference.

Vasy will be great someday but I don't want to rely on him just yet to win the whole thing.

PS- the Lightning are going to be THE team for the next 5 years. No contract issues, best young team in hockey, and the best up and coming goalie behind Bishop. Yzerman has done a great job as Gm.

Reactions: ChrisKnight06
YKWxKt2.jpg

Reactions: jetsaholic
Jesus who gives a shit?

Tampa wins baby!!!!!!

Just hope to God that Bishop is ok and can return next game. Looks like his shoulder got dinged on a play that should have been called interference.

Vasy will be great someday but I don't want to rely on him just yet to win the whole thing.

PS- the Lightning are going to be THE team for the next 5 years. No contract issues, best young team in hockey, and the best up and coming goalie behind Bishop. Yzerman has done a great job as Gm.
From what they are saying from the NHL radio, Bishop is more hurt than people think. No information but people that know Cooper believe there is more to be concerned about, lets hope they are wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT