ADVERTISEMENT

Nm

Uhhhh dude. Muhammed Ali? Are you comparing him to Kaep? Really?

Ali retained a reputation because he actually won. He was a dominant boxer and that overcame many of his controversies. People love winners.

Kaep is a bad QB who was cut for being a bad QB. He sucks. That's why this Nike thing is so stupid because they're hitching their wagon to a loser.

Sorry Kaep is the greatest QB of all time! Pure greatest.

BTW...Nike owns around 50% of the US footwear market. That is a lot of old people! It is the old man shoe company. They are the #1 brand at Shoe Carnival, Marshalls, Kohls, etc. Nothing sounds more hip than those stores.

Reactions: UCFWayne
I disagree with Kaep's views on police interactions and current general oppression and I very much disagree with the way that he went about calling attention to his chosen cause. But you have to respect that he is putting his money where his mouth is to some degree and honoring a promise by donating a million dollars in large chunks to smaller local charities that are starved for funding. Here is an interesting piece about Kaep's journey to his current social awareness: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/07/sports/colin-kaepernick-nfl-protests.html.

As for Nike, I really don't know how I feel about it. I'd like to say that I will choose athletic gear based on quality but the fact is a part of me will think that buying Nike is supporting Kaep's statements and I think I will factor this into the equation.

Last edited:
DmVn_pYWsAAQmci.jpg

I’m not boycotting Nike . But I’ll be 50 in October and buy a shit ton of Nike stuff for myself and my family both sports related and casual wear . Some of you are showing your ignorance . If you bought 2 pairs of 200 dollar shoes that you say are all they care about , I guess you think that overshadows the shoes , performance shorts, performance shirts , polos etc etc that I buy that add up to way more than your 400 dollars . But keep kidding yourselves . Like I said , I’m not boycotting anything . Not my style unless it’s way more serious than this ad campaign . Just speaking to your blind ignorance of basic business skills

Reactions: EweSeaEff
Uhhhh dude. Muhammed Ali? Are you comparing him to Kaep? Really?

Ali retained a reputation because he actually won. He was a dominant boxer and that overcame many of his controversies. People love winners.

Kaep is a bad QB who was cut for being a bad QB. He sucks. That's why this Nike thing is so stupid because they're hitching their wagon to a loser.

Ali was hated as much in that time by the right as Kaep is today.

85 has to go look up the story and figure out why he is supposed to hate Muhammad Ali, first.

Unlike his rich, white, heroes who got their deferments and found various other methods to get out of the Vietnam War, Ali had the giant gonads to tell whitey to shove it up his ass, and he paid for it.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
After seeing the commercial... Nike wins.

Anyone with anything negative to say about this is insane. Great commercial.
Lebron James, Serena Williams, Shaquem, Alphonso Davies, Nyjah Huston, Lacey Baker, Alex Morgan, Odell Beckham Jr... A who's-who of the sports world jumped on board with Kaepernick for this one. Well done, Nike.

Sorry for the OT aside, but there is a long history in this country of Black "winners" who were hated by the public.

Ali was one of The Most Reviled Athletes in history by White America at the time he was stripped of his title. To say anything otherwise would be a colossal lie.

But AFTER losing to Frazier and AFTER breaking his jaw and losing to Norton, a funny thing started to happen regarding the public's perception of this brash young Black boxer. As more and more people watched his playful verbal sparring with Howard Cosell and his appearances on the Mike Douglas Show, slowly, but surely, they started to realize that Ali was a fun and honorable man who's bravado was just part of his act.

Yes, Ali was "The Greatest" but I would argue that he won over Middle America with his humor and his charm. America's "ultimate heel" transformed into 'The People's Champion.'

That's not to say that there weren't a vocal minority who continued to hate Ali, but they became the exceptions.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
Sorry for the OT aside, but there is a long history in this country of Black "winners" who were hated by the public.

Ali was one of The Most Reviled Athletes in history by White America at the time he was stripped of his title. To say anything otherwise would be a colossal lie.

But AFTER losing to Frazier and AFTER breaking his jaw and losing to Norton, a funny thing started to happen regarding the public's perception of this brash young Black boxer. As more and more people watched his playful verbal sparring with Howard Cosell and his appearances on the Mike Douglas Show, slowly, but surely, they started to realize that Ali was a fun and honorable man who's bravado was just part of his act.

Yes, Ali was "The Greatest" but I would argue that he won over Middle America with his humor and his charm. America's "ultimate heel" transformed into 'The People's Champion.'

That's not to say that there weren't a vocal minority who continued to hate Ali, but they became the exceptions.

It amazes me how some people morph into their grandparents.

It amazes me how some people morph into their grandparents.

Fortunately I didn't. As a teenager, I cheered with my Dad and Grandpa as we listened to the round-by-round radio updates on the Ali-Frazier fight in Madison Square Garden and hoped that loudmouth 'you know what' would lose -- and he did.

Four years later one of my "I remember exactly where I was when I heard the news" moments in my life was when I heard on the radio on a late night drive that Ali had upset George Foreman to regain the heavyweight crown.

To this day, he remains one of my favorite athletes of all time.

And he’s loved today. I get your point but you don’t realize you’re making a dumb comparison. No one will remember Kaep in 30 years becuase he’s a shitty QB who won’t be hired again. He’s only even being talked about now because Nike decided to make him their temporary SJW and try to milk him for a few months.

It’s all to appeal to the brain dead morons like Chemmie to distract everyone from the fact that Kaep is in fact a bad QB who was cut, who is being paid huge sums of money anyways, yet playing a victim anyways. He’s a loser.

And he’s loved today. I get your point but you don’t realize you’re making a dumb comparison. No one will remember Kaep in 30 years becuase he’s a shitty QB who won’t be hired again. He’s only even being talked about now because Nike decided to make him their temporary SJW and try to milk him for a few months.

It’s all to appeal to the brain dead morons like Chemmie to distract everyone from the fact that Kaep is in fact a bad QB who was cut, who is being paid huge sums of money anyways, yet playing a victim anyways. He’s a loser.

No he will go down as the greatest QB of all times. The man is just holding Colin down. Probably sabotaged him into throwing INT's. Any man that is a Castro fan is a hero!

To be honest, if they didn’t say anything you wouldn’t even know Kaepernick was the “face”. They must have had some market research that said this would be a net positive PR move by them.

Fortunately I didn't. As a teenager, I cheered with my Dad and Grandpa as we listened to the round-by-round radio updates on the Ali-Frazier fight in Madison Square Garden and hoped that loudmouth 'you know what' would lose -- and he did.

Some people learn from these moments.

Other people grow up and realize just how awful their parents and grandparents were when it comes to race.

Guess which side 85 turned out to be on?

Reactions: MACHater02

But has it changed? Is the persona you've put forward of the brash, confident, young black man hated by the majority of Americans now? There are examples on both sides. Without thinking too much on it, I'm thinking that it isn't the persona that angers now but rather the context of whatever the message is. In other words, I think (maybe hope) that most of us look past the person to the content before judging. I could certainly be wrong though.

Some people learn from these moments.

Other people grow up and realize just how awful their parents and grandparents were when it comes to race.

Guess which side 85 turned out to be on?

Other people grow up to hurl racial slurs at people and live a fat life full of sloth and gluttony.

Guess if I’m describing Chemmie?

We're three years into Kaepernick's story, and you're the one trying to convince everyone it doesn't matter, nobody will remember, and he's a shitty QB. People like you have been doing it for three years, and he is the center of a marketing campaign for the largest sportsware company in the world with EVERYONE talking about him and the stand he has taken. Your the ones trying to change the popular narrative. You can't handle the truth. It hurts.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
We're three years into Kaepernick's story, and you're the one trying to convince everyone it doesn't matter, nobody will remember, and he's a shitty QB. People like you have been doing it for three years, and he is the center of a marketing campaign for the largest sportsware company in the world with EVERYONE talking about him and the stand he has taken. Your the ones trying to change the popular narrative. You can't handle the truth. It hurts.

LOL

Kaep has been utterly irrelevant until now. The other players kneeling have made mockery of games but Kaep himself has been out of the news until now. Until Nike chose him for an inexplicable reason having just seen the NFL ratings tank thanks to his folllwers.

He’ll have these 15 minutes and he’ll then return to being a bad QB who was cut and is suing the NFL for being big meanie

LOL

Kaep has been utterly irrelevant until now. The other players kneeling have made mockery of games but Kaep himself has been out of the news until now. Until Nike chose him for an inexplicable reason having just seen the NFL ratings tank thanks to his folllwers.

He’ll have these 15 minutes and he’ll then return to being a bad QB who was cut and is suing the NFL for being big meanie
You keep going on about NFL ratings, when overall viewership of cable is dropping faster than the NFL.

Maybe Nike can run this ad next. Their poster child wearing “cops are pigs” socks above their logo. What a great guy!

kaepernick-socks-cops-08-31-16.png

Reactions: UCFWayne
LOL. Looks like the butthurt little lefties are angry that I’m pointing out that their favorite poster child praised Castro, views cops as pigs, and acts like a victim when teams tell him he’s a shitty QB.

Real talk though. If you support a guy who calls cops “Pigs” then you’re just a pretty bad human being

LOL. Looks like the butthurt little lefties are angry that I’m pointing out that their favorite poster child praised Castro, views cops as pigs, and acts like a victim when teams tell him he’s a shitty QB.

Real talk though. If you support a guy who calls cops “Pigs” then you’re just a pretty bad human being
Based on who you support, you’re a pretty bad human being.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
Based on who you support, you’re a pretty bad human being.

I don’t call for violence against public servants or support people that do. Something the left is struggling with at the moment- including all of you here.

I don’t call for violence against public servants or support people that do. Something the left is struggling with at the moment- including all of you here.

You are literally whining about goddamn socks. Socks. You stupid fuking piece of shit. Your Catholic Church is raping thousands of children and you are on a message board complaining about socks.

It's interesting to watch the Lefties swim in this mess. They really believe that Nike cares about them. Of course it wouldn't be for Nike to sell more chinese sneakers and lift their stock price. Nike was rolling out its new, overpriced, Third World-made status symbols, and for these sin-ugly psychedelic babies, at $220 plus tax, Nike again kept the prices ridiculously high and the supply extremely limited. Yet again, Nike would cause both a buzz and a feeding frenzy among those who would regard procurement of a pair of cheaply made sneakers as worthy of committing mayhem — and too many times even murder.

Meanwhile, the choccy milk folks think it's for a noble cause.

It's interesting to watch the Lefties swim in this mess. They really believe that Nike cares about them. Of course it wouldn't be for Nike to sell more chinese sneakers and lift their stock price. Nike was rolling out its new, overpriced, Third World-made status symbols, and for these sin-ugly psychedelic babies, at $220 plus tax, Nike again kept the prices ridiculously high and the supply extremely limited. Yet again, Nike would cause both a buzz and a feeding frenzy among those who would regard procurement of a pair of cheaply made sneakers as worthy of committing mayhem — and too many times even murder.

LMAO!

What is a "choccy milk folk?"

Is that similar to a "Ru-Ru Tribe?"

Last edited:
You are literally whining about goddamn socks. Socks. You stupid fuking piece of shit. Your Catholic Church is raping thousands of children and you are on a message board complaining about socks.

That's how they roll. They never even acknowledge the underlying issue behind the protest. This is why people call them racists.

1. Talk about Kaepernick's playing abilities.
2. Talk about the flag.
3. Talk about Kaepernick's money.
4. Talk about Kaepernick's tshirts and socks.
5. Talk about "real patriots" like Pat Tillman, etc.

They'll never touch the actual issue, because they believe it doesn't exist.

...and this is why people call them racists: They want us to believe black males commit more crime because they are black. Don't bother with any other reasoning or statistics like socioeconomics or education, they just kill more because they are black.

vV7smBM.jpg

What is a "choccy milk folk?"

Is that similar to a "Ru-Ru Tribe?"
Not sure if you're serious but just in case it's a legitimate question, he uses that term to describe SJW snowflakes.

He wasn't cut. He opted out of his contract.

Reactions: knightbeer
...and this is why people call them racists: They want us to believe black males commit more crime because they are black. Don't bother with any other reasoning or statistics like socioeconomics or education, they just kill more because they are black.

vV7smBM.jpg
Yet when black people are educated or have more economic opportunities they commit crime at the the same level as their economic and educational white counterparts. It's because their black because they aren't racist. :rolleyes:

Reactions: The Branch

How is that a deflection? He called cops pigs by wearing those socks. What other possible conclusion can you raise?

It’s relevant that Nike’s new poster boy is a cop hating idiot who used a reference that has inspired violence against cops in the past.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT