ADVERTISEMENT

NY6 for CCG losers

Knight Strength

Golden Knight
Feb 2, 2018
https://www.sbnation.com/platform/a...f-memphis-aac-championship-new-years-six-bowl

I've read all the discussion about us going to a NY6 game and it depending on winning the CCG including speculation that if we stay ranked high enough we could qualify regardless of losing... but this is the first time I've read about it elsewhere. Sounds like Jason Kirks interpretation is that if we stay in the top 11 we could still go. He also acknowledges that the committee will probably drop us below 11 if we lose to Memphis.

https://www.sbnation.com/platform/a...f-memphis-aac-championship-new-years-six-bowl

I've read all the discussion about us going to a NY6 game and it depending on winning the CCG including speculation that if we stay ranked high enough we could qualify regardless of losing... but this is the first time I've read about it elsewhere. Sounds like Jason Kirks interpretation is that if we stay in the top 11 we could still go. He also acknowledges that the committee will probably drop us below 11 if we lose to Memphis.
It used to be top 15.

How many NY6 games are there???
I'm going to assume you are joking.

I think the number 15 comes from the weird rules for getting included at the end of the BCS days.

What would be interesting is if they moved us down to 12. There are 11 slots + 1 for the highest rated G5 conf champ. So even if UCF was 12 and a G5, we'd lose the spot to #20+

Reactions: Knight Strength

I think the number 15 comes from the weird rules for getting included at the end of the BCS days.

What would be interesting is if they moved us down to 12. There are 11 slots + 1 for the highest rated G5 conf champ. So even if UCF was 12 and a G5, we'd lose the spot to #20+
Haha I'm kidding about how many games there are but I don't know much about who can get in #11, #15, etc.

Yes auto bid to the conference champ.

If we lose, could we still keep the highest ranked g5 rating? probably not. they drop us to 40.

We aren’t going to a NY6 bowl if we lose as an at large

That will show that we aren’t nearly as good with Mack

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT