ADVERTISEMENT

Open the Cabana for away games...like East Carolina.

anon_x731qvsnsyb8i

Diamond Knight
Sep 1, 2006
7th level of Dante's Inferno.
www.facebook.com
:

Open the Cabana for away games. Serve food. Get more use out of it. Throw the game being televised on the new, big, scoreboard, and let students in to watch also in the other sections.

Other universities have done this.

You can TAILGATE for these also.....

I can see it now: "This Saturday! Come watch your Knights play East Carolina at BRIGHTHOUSE NETWORKS STADIUM! Game will be featured on the new Scoreboard. Cabana and West-side Club access to relevant donor access" ...or similar. The traveling crowd will still be the traveling crowd. If some were to stay instead of going (really don't see any impact there). GREAT! It doesn't pad the attendance numbers for rivals.

Going out on a limb...have some concessions. Caveat would be to pay for 4Rivers...or similar.

For club entry, must have last home game's pass (will be encouraged at next home game to stress retention of game pass and lanyard). IF two games in a row are away...fine, use last home game pass twice.

$$$$$$

Reactions: jtGoldenKnights
Actually, this is a good idea Btw.., what's the best bar now for UCF away games? Buffalo Wild Wings? Caddyshanks?

The Basement
Thanks!! That's the free beer place last year, right? We need a universal place to hang and drink for away games. A place with all UCF fans, our game as the main game on a big screen or multiple screens, and loud sound. Buffalo Wild Wings is always a good bet, but I wanted to check out something different.

:

Open the Cabana for away games. Serve food. Get more use out of it. Throw the game being televised on the new, big, scoreboard, and let students in to watch also in the other sections.

I can see it now: "This Saturday! Come watch your Knights play East Carolina at BRIGHTHOUSE NETWORKS STADIUM! Game will be featured on the new Scoreboard. Cabana and West-side Club access to relevant donor access" ...or similar. The traveling crowd will still be the traveling crowd. If some were to stay instead of going (really don't see any impact there). GREAT! It doesn't pad the attendance numbers for rivals.

Going out on a limb...have some concessions. Caveat would be to pay for 4Rivers...or similar.

For club entry, must have last home game's pass (will be encouraged at next home game to stress retention of game pass and lanyard). IF two games in a row are away...fine, use last home game pass twice.

$$$$$$
Sounds like a blast. Love the tailgating idea as well. It's like a regular home game, just on big screens.

:

$$$$$$

I like this a lot! Only concern, as some mentioned is cost, but you could charge a small cover, and pay for food/drinks. Worth it.

Reactions: Mikesi
You can't have a "MAKE UCF GREAT AGAIN" hat and worry about the money it'll cost to open the stadium for 1,000 people.

Mod, please ban.

You are correct. Worrying about money won't 'Make UCF great again', get USF to pay for our new practice facilities, get a $43 million beer garden built or shut down Memphis fans from entering our forum #memphisban.
I must have had a brain fart on Monday morning. Mods, I will implement a 24 hour self-imposed ban.

Reactions: jetsaholic
You are correct. Worrying about money won't 'Make UCF great again', get USF to pay for our new practice facilities, get a $43 million beer garden built or shut down Memphis fans from entering our forum #memphisban.
I must have had a brain fart on Monday morning. Mods, I will implement a 24 hour self-imposed ban.
Glad you see the error of your ways.

Reactions: firm_bizzle
I hate to limit the amounts of people attending the event, but if you opened it up just to GKC members it would be a great way to try to lure lower donors to higher levels.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT