ADVERTISEMENT

orange man = bad economy

The deficit and debt.

I hated it then and I hate it now. I wasn't as politically savvy during Obama's first term as I am now so it didn't bother me as much.

I'm bothered by the trade deficit because it set a new record in 2018 under Trump. One of his primary campaign promises was to reduce the trade deficit and despite his "best" (read: worst) efforts with tariffs, it's only increased under his presidency.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
I hated it then and I hate it now. I wasn't as politically savvy during Obama's first term as I am now so it didn't bother me as much.
I'm bothered by the trade deficit because it set a new record in 2018 under Trump. One of his primary campaign promises was to reduce the trade deficit and despite his "best" (read: worst) efforts with tariffs, it's only increased under his presidency.
Trade Wars are always negative at first. The question is ... will that continue, or obtain better results?

The reality is that the problem wasn't created by Trump, but others. While other nations, especially those in Europe, applied tariffs early on, so they didn't have to later, the US rewarded consumers, and sacked domestic manufacturing. We also didn't penalize companies for overseas investments, and borrowing to inflate stock price -- until Trump (yes, GE, I'm talking to you -- hate'n life now, eh?).

I didn't care who did this, I wanted someone to try -- fail or not. So don't get upset with Trump for finally doing what someone finally had to try to do. We'll see what happens. It worked for NAFTA, and it now has to be re-negotiated every few years too, unlike before. China is going to be more difficult.

Its not all good news :-(
Mic laid off 100
Huffpo laid off 800
Buzzfeed laid off 200
Gannett news laid off a lot but couldnt find a count
Vice Media will lay off 250

perhaps they should learn to code.
the economy isnt all good news. unfortunately another leftist news website is gone. splinter part of the gizmodo media group is now shut down and the workers laid off. :(

i just hope they will be able to find more work writing about how bad the orange man is.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT