ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Fair question: What’s there to do in Lincoln, Nebraska

I'm glad that you brought up the Marlins. What do the Devil Rays, Marlins, and UCF football all have in common? More empty seats than occupied seats...nothing says BIG TIME like that does
The only where that is true is for the Rays, which play in an absolutely awful stadium that literally everyone hates and has been a huge issue. Nice try, though.

Don't knock it till you try it. I love big cities who doesn't but I wouldn't want to live in a busy ass city that takes forever to commute thats my personal opinion. Also why are we even comparing a tourist attraction based city to a family based city, of course the former will have more to do that is the whole point in the basis of the city itself. Apples to Oranges my friends, each have their pros and cons.
Orlando is not a tourist based city, it's a major metro with different aspects to it. There are parts of it oriented towards tourism, there are parts oriented towards business, there are parts oriented towards families. It is the fastest growing large metro in the country for a reason.

It seems I've unintentionally trolled your pantaloons off. My apologies as I was unaware you were a sensitive little bugger.

Kansas City is a 3 hour drive from Lincoln, so we have NFL & MLB here in Nebraska. We also have a huge number of great places eat in Nebraska. Truly we do. To top it off, we are the home of Kansas City BBQ since that is included in our greater Lincoln area per your fuzzy logic.

We also have all of the Husker sports which Nebraskans enjoy to a degree no professional sports fan can fathom. The games are sold out and the atmosphere is second to none. It makes me giggly uncontrollably to think that you are touting the Miami Marlins as something to behold when we have the Huskers.

Lastly, I'm pleased to hear that you enjoy living near amusement parks. I envy you, not because that's a desirably thing, but because you seem so emphatic that it's a good thing. We have a theme park of our own here that we keep in Kansas City.

Frost will not be staying in your fair city, which covers the entirety of central & southern Florida, because he wants to play real football. He's done using your stepping stone town & college as he's received the opportunity to get in a real conference, in a beautiful city that is frequently ranked as one of the best places to live in America. He would not be staying even if you could make the playoff. He's a Husker and he can't wait to get back to LINCOLN MUTHA ****ING NEBRASKA.

And you are calling ME a sensitive little bugger? LOL, whatever makes you sleep at night bub.

Frost should be the most exciting thing to hit Nebraska since the invention of the combine..... Well, come back a second time at least. He left for Stanford the first time as I understand it and your trolly little-minded fans just LOVED him when he came back, right? If he does make a move to go coach his home-state team and winds up not turning around the program as fast as he did here I wonder just how much love the children of the corn will be showing him then......

How many games did those 90K+ win for you this year?
OMG dude. It is one season. Or in MR case 2 season. If you guys want to play with the big boys you need to get long term perspective. Also not let other teams fans get you all so easily worked up. You millennials will give yourselves heart attacks by the time you are 35.

What's there to do in Lincoln, Ne?

Well, we'll soon be watching Scott Frost coach the Huskers.

I live in Omaha. Have a house in the Keys and another in Naples. I enjoy Florida. For the most part, I enjoy the people in Florida. I'm not into name calling, making fun of others, etc.. I enjoy college football and watching these young men live a part of their dreams, no matter what the team. When I was their age I was in the service. Remembered when the U of Tampa had a football team. Shows my age.

Seriously though, this is the business of college football. Coaches come and coaches go. Teams have their good years and their bad years. The longer you're around the more you'll have. Of both. Just a fact of life.

You have a talented team. I enjoyed watching them this year and will enjoy watching them in the years to come. The sport isn't and shouldn't be about the coaches, but rather the players. I've read a lot of crap on this site posted by both N fans and UCF fans. I don't see it as a reflection of the players, the fans, or the people of either state.

Sincerely though, I do wish you the best in your upcoming game and bowl game. Your players fought hard for their record this year and their bowl appearance....which is honestly more than I can say for my Huskers. lol

Anyways, best to you all, have a Merry Christmas.

Yeah guy. You. The sensitive little guy.

You write with such anger and hatred. It's hilarious that I got that out of you.
About 50% of the posters on here are very sensitive and angry. I know they are mad because their coach is leaving for a better school but it is just part of the business. Like any of us have any control over that anyways. Maybe if they all spent more times going to games and supporting their team. Instead of doing, "all the amazing things" FL has that Neb doesn't. They could grow their program, get into a power 5 and stop being a stepping stone school for coaches.

Yeah guy. You. The sensitive little guy.

You write with such anger and hatred. It's hilarious that I got that out of you.

Yep, that's me, Mr Anger. LOL!

You might want to brush up on your reasoning skills though. No anger over here. Just having fun making fun of a bunch of white trash trolls who have nothing better to do that come to our team's board to try and antagonize us.

I'm not the one with anger issues I'm afraid.

About 50% of the posters on here are very sensitive and angry. I know they are mad because their coach is leaving for a better school but it is just part of the business. Like any of us have any control over that anyways. Maybe if they all spent more times going to games and supporting their team. Instead of doing, "all the amazing things" FL has that Neb doesn't. They could grow their program, get into a power 5 and stop being a stepping stone school for coaches.

Your fans seems legit according to former Coach Pelini’s comments. Listen to him describe you all.*

I'll enlighten you. I live 10 miles outside of Omaha and an hour from Lincoln. My home is on a lake with a natural sand beach that rings the entire lake. I not only have a beach in my backyard but also a pontoon boat, jet ski, and kayaks. The lake is great for fishing (crappie, bass, walleye, wiper, paddlefish, and catfish). The lake is separated by a dam from one of the largest rivers in North America (Platte River). The river is known as a great place for air boats (I ride along with my neighbor often). My house is a 4 bedroom, 4 bath, 4700 square feet and only cost me $275,000 when I bought it in 2001. I work in downtown Omaha which is only a 25 minute commute. Wildlife that I see on a weekly basis near the lake would be fox, deer (not the tiny Florida variety), beaver, geese, ducks, osprey, bald eagles, white pelicans, great blue herons. The best part, there's no gators in the lake so people, children and dogs all swim safely to their hearts content.

They don't call Nebraska "The Good Life" for no reason. The second richest man in America Warren Buffet also elects to live in Omaha and he could live anywhere he wanted.
By Ashland?

I'm not going to say that Frost is leaving for a better school, just a different school. UCF has some amazingly talented players who were coached to their full potential. And, if you're honest with yourself, that's more than you can say for what we've experienced for the last 3 years.

Let the players and the fans enjoy their season and hopefully more seasons to come. The fan base will probably build. They seem to have a real good AD who gives a damn. I can't blame them for their anger really. Just a natural reaction. Some, on both sides, tend to carry it to extremes. But, one thing you can say for both fan bases, is that they care about their school and team. Nothing wrong with that.

I'm not going to say that Frost is leaving for a better school, just a different school. UCF has some amazingly talented players who were coached to their full potential. And, if you're honest with yourself, that's more than you can say for what we've experienced for the last 3 years.

Let the players and the fans enjoy their season and hopefully more seasons to come. The fan base will probably build. They seem to have a real good AD who gives a damn. I can't blame them for their anger really. Just a natural reaction. Some, on both sides, tend to carry it to extremes. But, one thing you can say for both fan bases, is that they care about their school and team. Nothing wrong with that.
Of course not. As you can see by most of my posts. I originally came on here back when Frost got hired, just to see what people thought and have followed off and on since. I have never had a problem with UCF or their fans. It wasn't until, the Frost leaving became a reality that their fans and this board went into meltdown mode and started bash Nebraska, and its fans that I started chiming in. From what I have seen it has mainly been UCF trashing and NEB fans defending. Granted in the long scheme of things it is all trivial, but if someone trashes my school , my team and my state for no reason but because they are angry at the situation. I will defend. Once this is all over I will continue to follow UCF because I really think they can have a decent program down the road.

Lincoln is ok if you like train tracks, the town is basically one big rail yard.

It is so bad, well the story is below.

Lecil Travis Martin (September 1, 1931 – April 12, 1999), whose stage name was Boxcar Willie, was an American country music singer-songwriter and air force personnel sergeant, who sang in the "old-time hobo" music style, complete with dirty face, overalls, and a floppy hat. "Boxcar Willie" was originally a character in a ballad he wrote, but he later adopted it as his own stage name.

In Lincoln, Nebraska, Martin was once sitting at a railroad crossing and a fellow that closely resembled his chief boom operator, Willie Wilson, passed by sitting in a boxcar. He said, "There goes Willie." He pulled over and wrote a song entitled "Boxcar Willie". It eventually stuck and became Martin's nickname.

Last edited:
Lincoln is ok if you like train tracks, the town is basically one big rail yard.

It is so bad, well the story is below.

Lecil Travis Martin (September 1, 1931 – April 12, 1999), whose stage name was Boxcar Willie, was an American country music singer-songwriter and air force personnel sergeant, who sang in the "old-time hobo" music style, complete with dirty face, overalls, and a floppy hat. "Boxcar Willie" was originally a character in a ballad he wrote, but he later adopted it as his own stage name.

In Lincoln, Nebraska, Martin was once sitting at a railroad crossing and a fellow that closely resembled his chief boom operator, Willie Wilson, passed by sitting in a boxcar. He said, "There goes Willie." He pulled over and wrote a song entitled "Boxcar Willie". It eventually stuck and became Martin's nickname.
That is a pretty bad story

I've read both Nebraska and Florida people saying my city is better like the old miller lite commercial tastes great less filling. Each state is unique in its own way, hell I don't care for city living I live in southern Nebraska closer to Kansas than lincoln, I don't have stop light no rush hour traffic we have I feel the best drinking water in the world you can't beat. I can sit on my front patio watch the deer in the evening or a approaching thunderstorm natures magesty. It can be so quiet at night it hard for city relatives to sleep there not used to it so calm. My point is we live where 1 our work is there 2 we grew up there never moved. Or chose to move to a certain state because you liked it. I've never been to Florida and I'm not knocking it either. Any one of you from Florida if you've never been to Nebraska don't knock it, your welcome to come visit Nebraska anytime and if you have a open mind they'll be something you'll like guaranteed.

Of course not. As you can see by most of my posts. I originally came on here back when Frost got hired, just to see what people thought and have followed off and on since. I have never had a problem with UCF or their fans. It wasn't until, the Frost leaving became a reality that their fans and this board went into meltdown mode and started bash Nebraska, and its fans that I started chiming in. From what I have seen it has mainly been UCF trashing and NEB fans defending. Granted in the long scheme of things it is all trivial, but if someone trashes my school , my team and my state for no reason but because they are angry at the situation. I will defend. Once this is all over I will continue to follow UCF because I really think they can have a decent program down the road.

That is some crazy revisionist history, but I like the way you tried to sell it - with conviction.

Fair question: Do you actually believe that Scott Frost gives 1 shit that you think theres nothing to do in Lincoln?
Followup question: even if there are a million more things to do in Orlando than in Lincoln, do you think Scott Frost gives even the the briefest passing shit?

Hint: No.

They got year round passes available...and the surroundings may not be Vegas, but its for everyone.
I get the passes. Omaha has the zoo thats arguably the best in the world. We have an annual pass but still more than a few times a year and it loses its appeal.

Hang out on Central FLORIDA boards so I can pretend I don't live in Nebraska,
chase fat women thru corn fields,, fat women easier to catch.
Smoke tobacco products in a corn cob pipe.
Use left over corn cobs to wipe backside.

Reactions: Arbitr8
Oh you want to remember the years Oklahoma dominated you and you blew bowl games versus Florida teams.
Well the 60's and 80's were almost perfect splits with OU, the mid to late 70's they dominated us as bad as we did to them in the 90's. Overall from the dates I had mentioned Nebraska won 20, OU won 21 that is as even as you can get. Those bowl losses to Miami, and FSU helped make the program what it was in the 90's. You can't have the great without a few losses and heartbreaks here and there.

All of my Nebraska friends admit Lincoln is a shithole on par w Manhattan, Kansas. Their respite is Omaha, which is a glorified shithole attempt at Kansas City.

Truth is Nebraska is a shit state populated by backwards fat hicks who have no pro sports team and a crap college team... how did us beating you a few days in basketball feel???

Blackshirts? More like the Yellowshirts you coward ass pieces of shit. Stop having 12 kids and die already to save us on Medicaid.

WRONG!

All of my Nebraska friends admit Lincoln is a shithole on par w Manhattan, Kansas. Their respite is Omaha, which is a glorified shithole attempt at Kansas City.

Truth is Nebraska is a shit state populated by backwards fat hicks who have no pro sports team and a crap college team... how did us beating you a few days in basketball feel???

Blackshirts? More like the Yellowshirts you coward ass pieces of shit. Stop having 12 kids and die already to save us on Medicaid.
Gbr

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT