ADVERTISEMENT

PA priests raped over 1000 kids

ARCHBISHOP ACCUSES POPE FRANCIS OF COVERING UP SEX ABUSE, CALLS ON HIM TO RESIGN
By Kevin Ryan

The former Vatican ambassador to the United States has implicated Pope Francis in a cover up of sex abuse allegations. In an 11-page written statement, Archbishop Carlo Maria Viganò claims that Pope Francis knew about Archbishop Theodore McCarrick’s alleged sexual abuse of seminarians and priests, yet not only did nothing about it, but even removed restrictions imposed on him by Pope Benedict. McCarrick, who served as Archbishop of Washington, D.C from 2001 to 2006, was forced to resign from the College of Cardinals last month.

Numerous priests allege that McCarrick touched them inappropriately. They say it would occur when McCarrick would invite young priests in training to stay at his house, or to spend the night in the cathedral rectory.

In 2010 Pope Benedict XVI placed severe restrictions on McCarrick's movements and public ministry, not allowing him to travel beyond the grounds of the seminary where he was living and not permitting him to say Mass in public.

When Francis became pope in 2013, he was warned by Viganò about McCarrick being a serial predator and about the restrictions placed on him by outgoing Pope Benedict. But Vigano says that Francis “continued to cover for him” and not only did he “not take into account the sanctions that Pope Benedict had imposed on him” but also made McCarrick “his trusted counselor” who helped him to appoint a number of bishops in the United States.

A widely respected figure, Archbishop Viganò says his “conscience dictates” that the truth be known, and that “the corruption has reached the very top of the Church’s hierarchy.” He ends his testimony by calling on Pope Francis and all of those implicated in the cover up of McCarrick’s abuse to resign.

Pope Francis declined to comment on the claim. “I will not say a word about that. I think that the communique speaks for itself,” Francis said, telling journalists to “read the communique attentively and make your own judgement,” referring to Vigano's testimony. “You have sufficient journalistic capacity to draw conclusions. When a little time has passed and you have the conclusions perhaps I will talk,” he added.

His supporters claim an effort is underway to remove the pope, and warn of a schism in the church.

“Make no mistake. This is a coordinated attack on Pope Francis,” said an editorial article on the website of the progressive National Catholic Reporter weekly. “A putsch is afoot and if the US bishops do not, as a body, stand up to defend the Holy Father in the next 24 hours, we shall be slipping towards schism.”

“The enemies of Francis have declared war.”

SOURCES:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/pope-hold-giant-mass-dublin-abuse-victims-rally-030337491.html
https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/former-us-nuncio-pope-francis-knew-of-mccarricks-misdeeds-repealed-sanction
https://www.ncronline.org/news/accountability/distinctly-catholic/vigano-letter-exposes-putsch-against-pope-francis

If this were true, IF, then Francis needs to go. I pause to believe it though because it's been a known fact that the conservative circles within the Vatican have been wanting Francis ousted since the moment he became Pope for his "progressive" views and embrace of reform. It would be really sick to use this abuse case to do it, but I could see them using this as a way to push for the ouster.

Reactions: knightbeer
Glad we are all focusing on an ad campaign by a shoe company, this clearly wasn't that important.

If this were true, IF, then Francis needs to go. I pause to believe it though because it's been a known fact that the conservative circles within the Vatican have been wanting Francis ousted since the moment he became Pope for his "progressive" views and embrace of reform. It would be really sick to use this abuse case to do it, but I could see them using this as a way to push for the ouster.

Including me and most Vatican I conservatives....it was a population grab and popular pick for the Latins.

Suprised the Lefties on the board dont love the pope....he hates capitalism.

...in other news, 85 threw another $20 into the Catholic Church coffers this past weekend.

...in other news, 85 threw another $20 into the Catholic Church coffers this past weekend.

After burning his Nikes because the black guy got an ad campaign.

Raping thousands of kids: zero outrage
Black man gets an ad campaign: 85 freaks the fuk out

[roll] And in other news, chemmie continued to throw $0 into helping any other human being, and continued living a life of being fat and gluttonous.

You're a bitter, angry, and depressed atheist who apparently spends every weekend obsessing over what I'm doing at Mass or afterwards when engaging in the community that I live in to better it. That is a truly pathetic life to live.

Actually, I bought gym shoes for a special needs high school student last week, but I didn't feel the need to talk about it because I don't support child rapists.

Actually, I bought gym shoes for a special needs high school student last week, but I didn't feel the need to talk about it because I don't support child rapists.

WOW! Shoes? Where do I nominate you for Citizen of the Year?

You conveniently ignored the part about NOT supporting child rape.

One of our Meals on Wheels drivers is a nice older Hispanic lady from our church. Maybe you can come visit in the future so you can call her a Spic and hurl other racist slurs at her?

One of our Meals on Wheels drivers is a nice older Hispanic lady from our church. Maybe you can come visit in the future so you can call her a Spic and hurl other racist slurs at her?

Holy fuking shit what a pathetic, desperate deflection.

Wow.

It is amazing that 85 has so much time to donate while he is posting on this forum 80 times on Sunday and watching the Jags game.

He's real dedicated...or is this just another case of him making something up and getting caught in his lie, again?

Reactions: NinjaKnight

Another day, another story of how literally thousands of children were raped by the Catholic Church.

But @UCFKnight85 please tell me more about how democrats are the source of all the worlds problems.

Catholic church just fired a teacher for being pregnant out of wedlock, yet actively worked to protect priests who raped thousands of children.

Catholic church and @UCFKnight85 logic: raping kids = ok, sex out of marriage = fired

I know, I know, CNN, fake news, WAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!! YAAAAAWWWWNNNN, nothing burger, witch hunt, other verbal diarrhea--this is disquieting stuff as a Catholic.

A prominent cardinal resigned in disgrace. Grand jurors accused hundreds of Catholic clerics of secretly abusing children. A former Vatican ambassador urged the Pope himself to step down.

It was enough for New York's Cardinal Timothy Dolan to call it the Catholic Church's "summer of hell."
The cardinal may have been overly optimistic.
In fact, the church's hellish year began in January, when Pope Francis forcefully defended a Chilean bishop he had promoted. He later had to apologize and accept the bishop's resignation

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/28/world/catholic-church-2018/index.html

I know, I know, CNN, fake news, WAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!! YAAAAAWWWWNNNN, nothing burger, witch hunt, other verbal diarrhea--this is disquieting stuff as a Catholic.

A prominent cardinal resigned in disgrace. Grand jurors accused hundreds of Catholic clerics of secretly abusing children. A former Vatican ambassador urged the Pope himself to step down.

It was enough for New York's Cardinal Timothy Dolan to call it the Catholic Church's "summer of hell."
The cardinal may have been overly optimistic.
In fact, the church's hellish year began in January, when Pope Francis forcefully defended a Chilean bishop he had promoted. He later had to apologize and accept the bishop's resignation

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/28/world/catholic-church-2018/index.html

The alt right invented a story about democrats raping children in the basement of a pizza parlor that doens't even have a basement, idiots like Gal and 85 believe them.

Catholics actually have a child pedophile building business in the form of the Catholic Church, zero outrage from the same alt right idiots on here decrying "the moral-less left"

You can't make this stuff up.

Still no outrage from 85. Evidently a wall is more important than raped children.

I'm not catholic, but I meet with the local Monsignor every week for a couple of hours just to talk about faith and whatnot. He is the former ambassador to the UN and spent quite a bit of time in Rome around 15 years ago. Our conversations are very candid and I asked him about this last night. He said that clearly there are things that happen with priests and there was a history of covering it up with payments and NDAs but that has been addressed starting in 2002. I asked him specifically about this charge and he said that there is no way its legitimate, and that he had a close relationship with Pell when they both were in Rome. I asked him if, when these charges come up, he is immediately skeptical or if there is a level of objectivity. He said that 20 years ago he would immediately think that it isnt true, but since then there have been accusations that he couldnt deny the validity of and gave me a couple of examples. Due to this, I trust that his opinion of the Pell conviction as being illegitimate is probably true. He also made a great point: on that day, how many child abuse or rape convictions happened worldwide? Did we hear about any of them? The church is an easy target for the media because of the sensation aspect to these stories.

I'm not catholic, but I meet with the local Monsignor every week for a couple of hours just to talk about faith and whatnot. He is the former ambassador to the UN and spent quite a bit of time in Rome around 15 years ago. Our conversations are very candid and I asked him about this last night. He said that clearly there are things that happen with priests and there was a history of covering it up with payments and NDAs but that has been addressed starting in 2002. I asked him specifically about this charge and he said that there is no way its legitimate, and that he had a close relationship with Pell when they both were in Rome. I asked him if, when these charges come up, he is immediately skeptical or if there is a level of objectivity. He said that 20 years ago he would immediately think that it isnt true, but since then there have been accusations that he couldnt deny the validity of and gave me a couple of examples. Due to this, I trust that his opinion of the Pell conviction as being illegitimate is probably true. He also made a great point: on that day, how many child abuse or rape convictions happened worldwide? Did we hear about any of them? The church is an easy target for the media because of the sensation aspect to these stories.
Well, if he is innocent, what God has given him is a challenge few others will ever face.

Lately, it seems, Christians are undergoing such a reality overall.

Reactions: fabknight
He also made a great point: ... how many child abuse or rape convictions happened worldwide? Did we hear about any of them? The church is an easy target for the media because of the sensation aspect to these stories.

As we've seen with the various stories that have hit over the past two decades, child molesters look for any opportunity that will put them close to kids. That's why there have been serious efforts to screen out would-be predators in Scouting, youth sports, day care, and teacher education programs. So what has been the response to all of this when it comes to the Catholic Church? Trust us!

I'm not a Catholic but I've found it interesting that the supposed "One Church" who preaches to its congregation to be 'good little Christians' and strictly adhere to its rituals and traditions--or else, is FAR less sanctimonious when it comes to the behavior of its own Priests.

As we've seen with the various stories that have hit over the past two decades, child molesters look for any opportunity that will put them close to kids. That's why there have been serious efforts to screen out would-be predators in Scouting, youth sports, day care, and teacher education programs. So what has been the response to all of this when it comes to the Catholic Church? Trust us!

I'm not a Catholic but I've found it interesting that the supposed "One Church" who preaches to its congregation to be 'good little Christians' and strictly adhere to its rituals and traditions--or else, is FAR less sanctimonious when it comes to the behavior of its own Priests.

I made basically that same point last night. He is clearly ashamed of the fact that the church swept these issues under the rug for far too long and is glad that they have changed that approach since shit hit the fan in 2002.

Reactions: DaShuckster
I wonder if 85 will leave his own child unsupervised with the clergy at his Catholic church?

He does give them money every week, so I assume its all good.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT