ADVERTISEMENT

Party of Family Values News Check In for 3/15

Why don't you stop pushing your bigoted family values on everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
single parent house holds, particularly ones without fathers is probably the biggest problem this country faces. that is the root of the problems we see today.

i wish there was an easy fix, and unfortunately i dont see it getting better any time soon.

It's not good - however - I don't think it's as dubious as it sounds. Back in the day - people stayed together just to stay together - even if they were unhappy. Times have changed - looking at today's world - I don't see how you can not expect the divorce rate to go way up.

I actually very much believe people give up wayyyy too easily in relationships though. You're spending your life with someone - sh!t's gonna go wrong. Problem is, a lot of people won't work to fix it. It's a balancing act - like everything in life.
study after study after study say its kind of a big deal. if you dont have a dad growing up, you are significantly more likely to get into trouble/do drugs/etc. this has big ripple effect on this country and we are seeing the effects today.

of all the mass shooters something like 20 of them, all but 1 didnt have a father growing up. most of the inmates in our jails didnt have dads growing up. this is the problem of our time and no one wants to talk about it.

Keep in mind that the Republican Party is unable to stop many people from running on their ticket. They are not the Democratic Party with various delegate and election control.

Bad examples?
  • Rick Saccone (PA)
  • Roy Moore (AL)
  • Don Blankenship (WV)
Good examples?
  • Gary Johnson (NM)

Sanders supports late term abortion. He said it very clearly. No restrictions means no restrictions. Why are you lying? What would you say about a person that supports zero restrictions on guns?
Yep. This is the crux of the hypocrisy of the 'media sheep' Conservative and Progressive. Registration lists, long waiting lists, forced counselling and doing everything to prevent the legal exercise of the right is what they both push.

study after study after study say its kind of a big deal. if you dont have a dad growing up, you are significantly more likely to get into trouble/do drugs/etc. this has big ripple effect on this country and we are seeing the effects today.

of all the mass shooters something like 20 of them, all but 1 didnt have a father growing up. most of the inmates in our jails didnt have dads growing up. this is the problem of our time and no one wants to talk about it.

I would love to see the context of those studies. I have a feeling that it's less about not having a father and more about the conditions one is raised in. What about lesbian mothers? Single mothers who have their stuff together? I think it's more than likely the troubled ones who have no father are like that due to poor economic conditions, etc than just a standard divorce.

It's not good - however - I don't think it's as dubious as it sounds. Back in the day - people stayed together just to stay together - even if they were unhappy. Times have changed - looking at today's world - I don't see how you can not expect the divorce rate to go way up.

I actually very much believe people give up wayyyy too easily in relationships though. You're spending your life with someone - sh!t's gonna go wrong. Problem is, a lot of people won't work to fix it. It's a balancing act - like everything in life.

"...people stayed together just to stay together"? No. They were honoring their promises. Most people got married in a church making it a commitment to each other in the presence of God. (Of course people were more religious back in the day.)

I do agree wholeheartedly with your second paragraph though.

Reactions: UCFWayne

Yeah Times have changed , for the worse too. One of our biggest problems in our society is broken homes.

I would love to see the context of those studies. I have a feeling that it's less about not having a father and more about the conditions one is raised in. What about lesbian mothers? Single mothers who have their stuff together? I think it's more than likely the troubled ones who have no father are like that due to poor economic conditions, etc than just a standard divorce.

This would be mostly wrong though. The link below is from The Atlantic of all place, looking at data over the past 30 years and piecing together a common thread: a high percentage, or in most cases a clear majority, of people who are in prison came from a divorced household. It doesn't matter if it's a single mother or single father at home, the rate of which these kids end up involved in crime, and prison, remains roughly the same.

Almost every study on this subject has shown that kids raised in divorced households are going to be disadvantaged in many ways. There's typically a lack of income, lack of stability, no one at home to enforce behaviors, etc etc etc

The problem in this country is that we've allowed this narrative of the "Awesome Single Mom" (or dad) to become something to be celebrated. It's not. If a mother happens to succeed in spite of things she can't control, such as her husband dying or being an abusive shithead, then fine- celebrate that. But we've decided that we're going to celebrate anyone/everyone who quits a marriage, not asking why or how, and not focus on the instant proven negative ramifications of that kid(s) being raised by one parent.

We've become a country where the "single working mother" is a superhero, and the happily married wife that stays home to raise a child is vilified as an anti-feminist traitor.

As to your question about lesbians; if there's 2 of them in a marriage and they're both raising a child, then hooray! We need more couples like this.

https://www.theatlantic.com/sexes/a...ween-single-parent-families-and-crime/265860/

Yeah lesbian or gay does not matter in this discussion . It takes 2 for so many reasons . Someone has to be able to calm things down after discipline arguments etc . Sometimes you need to check out for a while , 2 parents allow that . It’s damn hard on one person no matter how tough , strong , smart or organized you are

Yeah lesbian or gay does not matter in this discussion . It takes 2 for so many reasons . Someone has to be able to calm things down after discipline arguments etc . Sometimes you need to check out for a while , 2 parents allow that . It’s damn hard on one person no matter how tough , strong , smart or organized you are
Which is why I've long argued there should be a "marriage surplus" not so much a "marriage penalty" for those with children. The US gov't should make it financially advantageous to "pair up." **

Could care less what the sex of the people are. Which is why I've been for "marriage equality" -- including for adoption -- since back when DOMA was popular (and quite misguided).

Sure, some people will "game" the system. They always do. But if we're promoting 2 adult households with children, then it really does reduce the burden on society -- not just as they are raised, but more importantly, after they have been raised.

This also includes for welfare and public housing. You'd be surprised how much the world would change if we forced people to have to care for one another. Yes, I understand it would be completely controversial and problematic. E.g., pairing addicts together and forcing them to support one another. But I see a lot of benefits overall, making people accountable to one another.

This would be mostly wrong though. The link below is from The Atlantic of all place, looking at data over the past 30 years and piecing together a common thread: a high percentage, or in most cases a clear majority, of people who are in prison came from a divorced household. It doesn't matter if it's a single mother or single father at home, the rate of which these kids end up involved in crime, and prison, remains roughly the same.

Almost every study on this subject has shown that kids raised in divorced households are going to be disadvantaged in many ways. There's typically a lack of income, lack of stability, no one at home to enforce behaviors, etc etc etc

The problem in this country is that we've allowed this narrative of the "Awesome Single Mom" (or dad) to become something to be celebrated. It's not. If a mother happens to succeed in spite of things she can't control, such as her husband dying or being an abusive shithead, then fine- celebrate that. But we've decided that we're going to celebrate anyone/everyone who quits a marriage, not asking why or how, and not focus on the instant proven negative ramifications of that kid(s) being raised by one parent.

We've become a country where the "single working mother" is a superhero, and the happily married wife that stays home to raise a child is vilified as an anti-feminist traitor.

As to your question about lesbians; if there's 2 of them in a marriage and they're both raising a child, then hooray! We need more couples like this.

https://www.theatlantic.com/sexes/a...ween-single-parent-families-and-crime/265860/
im all for 2 loving parents is what is needed. i dont care of both are men, both women, or traditional. that said, traditional is always the best. because then kids can see how men and women are supposed to behave in our society.

weve had a very high divorce rate for a long time now. we are bearing the fruits of that now.

im all for 2 loving parents is what is needed. i dont care of both are men, both women, or traditional. that said, traditional is always the best. because then kids can see how men and women are supposed to behave in our society.
As much as I disagree with that last phrase, I'll humor you for a moment. Since when does the pairing of a man and woman remotely guarantee "how [people] are supposed to behave?"

I see irresponsibility with a lot of people. In fact, I don't even look at the sexual orientation ... I look at the lack of irresponsibility. I don't know about you, but I don't know many flamboyant gays or anti-men lesbians. The few I ever run into I avoid, as do my LGBT colleagues.

If anything, virtually all adoptions are because of broken man-woman 'relationships.'

I think that's the same type of 'oversight' Conservatives on gay adoption -- a man and a woman were 'irresponsible' -- like Progressives make on why crime doesn't happen somewhere -- there is the possibility of armed, law abiding citizens, aka 'deterrence' -- but elsewhere -- a 'gun free zone.'

And don't get me started on teenage STD infection rates in the US, although the UK is now giving us Americans some competition.

weve had a very high divorce rate for a long time now. we are bearing the fruits of that now.
I think that has a lot more to do with financial independence of women than anything. Since most of the "77% (or less) studies" of the late '70s and '80s have been debunked, there has been a direct relationship between divorces and the earning power of women. It's leveled off for some time as women have equalized men in pay in the same in the 21st century.

The main thing that has been changing is the age people get married has increased as well -- nearly 30 now for men, and 26+ for women. I think that's part of the reason why we're seeing more and more happen out of wedlock. Not just babies, but purchasing houses, etc...

You just lost massive respect points. “Traditional is always best”. Gross.

im sorry the truth hurts you.

It's not the truth though. Any study that even remotely tries to "prove" that are by organizations like the Family Research Council.

What the hell does "how women and men are supposed to behave in society" even mean?

What an absolutely idiotic, barbaric statement. Please, please continue to try to explain yourself, I'd love to hear what you have to say.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
It's not the truth though. Any study that even remotely tries to "prove" that are by organizations like the Family Research Council.

What the hell does "how women and men are supposed to behave in society" even mean?

What an absolutely idiotic, barbaric statement. Please, please continue to try to explain yourself, I'd love to hear what you have to say.
ill take the thousands of years of traditional family as being the best over any study you can produce.

Hey guys, Wayne says you should stop using cars. Thousands of years of walking on foot is better than any study that says otherwise. Also please stop using all forms of communication other than talking and the occasional smoke-signal. And modern medicine is trash, thousands of years of folk medicine is better than any modern fancy study you can show me!

ill take the thousands of years of traditional family as being the best over any study you can produce.

Yea, you’re gonna lose this one. History is full of examples of family structures that don’t involve the core nuclear family structure we have today. Ours has worked very well for the time period we live in though.

ive said id rather have 2 parents than a single parent. i dont necessarily care if both parents are the same sex or not. that doesnt change the fact that the nuclear family is still the best over them all.

ive said id rather have 2 parents than a single parent. i dont necessarily care if both parents are the same sex or not. that doesnt change the fact that the nuclear family is still the best over them all.

Why is it the best? I'm sorry that for thousands of years human society decided that 2 people of the same sex weren't allowed to live normal lives as companions.

Your statement of "so they can see how a man and woman are meant to behave." How are they supposed to behave? The man going to work and the woman staying home and cooking dinner? That line of thought is incredibly antiquated.

Your 100% wrong here. I can understand having 2 parents is generally speaking better than having one (although I'd rather one great parent than 2 sh!tty ones) but their sex makes no difference. PLEASE continue to try again.

Why is it the best? I'm sorry that for thousands of years human society decided that 2 people of the same sex weren't allowed to live normal lives as companions.

Your statement of "so they can see how a man and woman are meant to behave." How are they supposed to behave? The man going to work and the woman staying home and cooking dinner? That line of thought is incredibly antiquated.

Your 100% wrong here. I can understand having 2 parents is generally speaking better than having one (although I'd rather one great parent than 2 sh!tty ones) but their sex makes no difference. PLEASE continue to try again.

Actually wayne is even wrong about his "society decided one man and one woman". That is a relatively recent western construct, many societies (as 85 alluded to) have had other social constructs. Wayne is just an outdated bigot, luckily his views are dying off with his generation.

Actually wayne is even wrong about his "society decided one man and one woman". That is a relatively recent western construct, many societies (as 85 alluded to) have had other social constructs. Wayne is just an outdated bigot, luckily his views are dying off with his generation.
While I strongly disagree with @UCFWayne too, this is not bigotry. Just because someone has a different value or judgement on something does not make them a bigot. Don't water down that term with someone who has a genuine view of what 'better' with someone who is 'against' something.

That said ... the biggest problem with Conservatives is that they confuse 'life styles' with 'responsibility.' Anyone of any life style can be irresponsible, including a lot of men and women producing babies they are not responsible for.

Reactions: fabknight
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT