ADVERTISEMENT

Popeyes Chicken Sammie

There's a place called Courtside Grill across from my neighborhood that actually does a really good spicy buffalo chicken sandwich. There are good chicken sandwiches all over the place if you're willing to spend $7 for a sandwich and not $4 at a fast food place.

WISDNx6.jpg

I wanted to get an idea of how it compared to Chick-fil-a through an honest taste test. Unfortunately, I chose a WaPo review link that was loaded and biased from the get-go. Seriously, the first sentence in the article reads "If you were to make a list of 10 reasons a person might avoid Chick-fil-A, its donations to anti-LGBTQ groups would likely be numbers one through nine." It's like geez, can you leave your liberal bias out of the mix for just once?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/beta.washingtonpost.com/news/voraciously/wp/2019/08/22/yes-the-popeyes-chicken-sandwich-is-great-heres-how-it-stacks-up-against-the-competition/?outputType=amp

Still, I plan on trying the Popeyes version today.

Last edited:
Sorry, but I just came away from the south Semoran location empty-handed after 10 minutes of not moving in a 30 person deep line with people yelling at eachother and the employees. Say what you like, but I never once felt fearful for my life standing in line at a Chick-fil-a.

Don't be stupid. Popeyes is fantastic. And you get it without the shitty Christian music blaring throughout the joint.
Who on earth is still eating in at fast food joints? I like both chix places and almost never go in either. That is why on the 8th day god made the drive through.
If I want to go out to eat I go to a real restaurant, like Zaxby's.

friend went to the popeyes in casselberry over the weekend and waited 45 minutes. she said it was really good and i was like seriously? 45 minutes you crazy fool.

ill try it in a week or two when the hysteria finally slows down.

Reactions: ChrisKnight06
I wont doubt that popeyes has finally created a decent sandwich. But prove to me that all of your stores can consistently make it good. Last time i went into a popeyes i thought i stepped into a giant urinal.

Chik fil a wins because their food is consistently good and rarely varies from store to store. Bonus points for triggering the left simply by existing

Reactions: Knight_Light
I wont doubt that popeyes has finally created a decent sandwich. But prove to me that all of your stores can consistently make it good. Last time i went into a popeyes i thought i stepped into a giant urinal.

Chik fil a wins because their food is consistently good and rarely varies from store to store. Bonus points for triggering the left simply by existing
this is true. store to store can vary really far with popeyes.

I waited nearly 2 hours for one of these at the Popeyes on Semoran, it is worth it. It's a big piece of chicken, like 2 Publix tenders sewn together. For $3.99, it's not a bad deal either. I ate both the spicy and classic. I'm not a fan of mayo but it really brought out the spices in the chicken.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
I waited nearly 2 hours for one of these at the Popeyes on Semoran, it is worth it. It's a big piece of chicken, like 2 Publix tenders sewn together. For $3.99, it's not a bad deal either. I ate both the spicy and classic. I'm not a fan of mayo but it really brought out the spices in the chicken.
you actually waited 2 hours for a $4 chicken sandwich?

Reactions: vroomba
After nearly 3 weeks and at least 7 different trips, still can't get my hands on a Popeyes chicken sandwich. There's a lot to be said about a company that can't seem to perfect the simple art of supply chain economics. Plus, they just flat-out suck. Went back to the South Semoran location yesterday ... a hand-written "no sandwiches" sign posted on the door but still figured I'd get a regular chicken meal. Only one person in line ahead of me and literally stood there for at least five minutes as the guy behind the counter sporting jailhouse tattoos keeps taking order after order from the drive-thru. Popeyes really needs to get its shit together. Even if their chicken sandwich is superior to Chick-fil-a's, I will gladly sacrifice 'no Sundays' for a clean store, polite service and consistently good food. For me, it most likely will be a one and done.

After nearly 3 weeks and at least 7 different trips, still can't get my hands on a Popeyes chicken sandwich. There's a lot to be said about a company that can't seem to perfect the simple art of supply chain economics. Plus, they just flat-out suck. Went back to the South Semoran location yesterday ... a hand-written "no sandwiches" sign posted on the door but still figured I'd get a regular chicken meal. Only one person in line ahead of me and literally stood there for at least five minutes as the guy behind the counter sporting jailhouse tattoos keeps taking order after order from the drive-thru. Popeyes really needs to get its shit together. Even if their chicken sandwich is superior to Chick-fil-a's, I will gladly sacrifice 'no Sundays' for a clean store, polite service and consistently good food. For me, it most likely will be a one and done.

I'm a huge chick fila fan, but I do want to try out their Popeye's Chicken sandwich. The customer service of what you described is every fast food chain not chick fila. I can sometimes waste 30 mins in line at Wendy's only with 5-7 customers.

I'm a huge chick fila fan, but I do want to try out their Popeye's Chicken sandwich. The customer service of what you described is every fast food chain not chick fila. I can sometimes waste 30 mins in line at Wendy's only with 5-7 customers.

Nahhh. I have to call an audible on that. I've never had to wait more than 30 minutes at any fast food joint with 5-7 customers ahead of me. Popeyes is straight up ghetto ass, and that's just the honest truth.The only time I ever waited half an hour at CFA was when they were giving away free sandwiches without any other purchase at the UCF location. With 5-7 customers in line ahead of me, I have a personal rule ... get my shit to me in 10 minutes or less, or I walk and give my $$$ to someone else.

And seriously, Wendy's has self-order kiosks. Why the fcuk would you spend half an hour in line for some high school drop-out loser to take your order while they're demanding $15 an hour for pushing a fcuking button???

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT